The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #721
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default Re: The Land of the Six Kingdoms (MLP, FATE Accelerated) OOC II

I didnt prepare the episode after this one but it was just my episode last time. So yeah, go for it Igor! I believe in you!

EDIT: I WISH I could have give some hint to Nessy about her true self! Such teasing lol!
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-08-05 at 01:50 PM.

2. - Top - End - #722
    Titan in the Playground

My last episode made this game to explode into reboot
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

3. - Top - End - #723
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    EDIT: I WISH I could have give some hint to Nessy about her true self! Such teasing lol!
    I was very happy that Nessy decided to go visit Kazakar's cave.

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    My last episode made this game to explode into reboot
    Don't beat yourself up. Your episode wasn't the reason we decided to rework the RP.

I'll echo Emmer: I believe in you.

4. - Top - End - #724
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Im waiting for Ing reaction to my speech... I feel like it was kinda appropriate and a good milestone for a future episode of growth for Nessy

5. - Top - End - #725
    Colossus in the Playground

Unfortunately Nessy has deluded herself into not acknowledging her own nature. Unconsciously, she knows she's a changeling, but consciously, she will deny it, and any magic or tech that would detect lies would find that she isn't lying, because she genuinely believes it. All evidence to the contrary is explained away using circular reasoning or other kinds of logical fallacies (ex: "I can't be a changeling. Changelings are evil, and i'm not evil. Therefore, I am not a changeling." In this particular instance, it's a non-sequitur.)

It's worth noting that she's built her identity around being a pony, and the possibility of not being one is a threat to her very sense of self. Suffice to say, she'll be going through the five stages of grief. Right now, she's trapped in the first 'denial' phase. Rocket is on the right track, forcing her to confront reality will do a lot to dismantle these delusions, however at Kazadar's place, it was cut short before this could happen, though there may be future opportunities, even in this very episode, to have that happen.

Another quick note: Nessy will get past the "anger" phase on her own, it'll just require some patience on the part of the rest of the crew.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

6. - Top - End - #726
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

I wanna have a chat with the rest of the crew and reveal Nessy true nature to them. Behind Nessy's back.

Would that be acceptable?

========

Also, I would like to know why does it have to wait for tommorow?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-08-11 at 10:12 AM.

7. - Top - End - #727
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I wanna have a chat with the rest of the crew and reveal Nessy true nature to them. Behind Nessy's back.

I think so, unless Ing has a strong objection.

Nessy will need something to do while this is doing on. Maybe afterward, Mossy goes to chat with Nessy one on one and I can run that conversation in parallel to Rocket's meeting?

Also, I would like to know why does it have to wait for tommorow?
    Because it is inadvisable to explore a monster filled jungle in the dead of night?

8. - Top - End - #728
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    I think so, unless Ing has a strong objection.

Nessy will need something to do while this is doing on. Maybe afterward, Mossy goes to chat with Nessy one on one and I can run that conversation in parallel to Rocket's meeting?

Because it is inadvisable to explore a monster filled jungle in the dead of night?
    I was thinking she could go book a traveling guide and some maps of that region. If she does agree, Iíll buy her a big chocolate treat for dessert.

9. - Top - End - #729

Nessy would be furious at Rocket's attempt to slander her with these vicious lies, which is why you don't want her to find out about it.

Out of character though, I have no objections.

10. - Top - End - #730
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Im thinking, maybe we could plan a rescue mission in the previous Kindness Kingdom?

It could be interesting for soome of our crew to find out what happened to their past village or something...

Or would that be too dangerous to go back there?

11. - Top - End - #731
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

(Feel free to chime in here on anything Ing)

Very little is known about the what lurks in the Kingdom of Kindness in the present day. Superficially, everything just looks abandoned and overgrown, the Everfree slowly encroaching on the land that now lacks the protection of a Tree. However, the other Kingdoms think it safe to assume the place is crawling with Changelings and they are hesitant to send in any scouts or spies of their own. The fate of those captured by the Black Swarm when the Kingdom fell is also unknown, but probably horrible.

Anything more than just flying over the Kingdom to gather intel spy plane style would be quite risky and not something to be undertaken lightly. Not that it couldn't happen, but it would be a big deal if it did.

Of course, the Harmony Fleet is also a big deal, and the Kindnessians would want to know more about the fate of their captured homeland.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-16 at 11:14 AM.

12. - Top - End - #732
    Titan in the Playground

I can imagine a war arc/episode/season finale with the whole fleet, but before that, I think would be nice if we would meet the crews on individual episodes..

speaking of which.. for now I don't feel I can gm a decent episode..

13. - Top - End - #733
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    I can imagine a war arc/episode/season finale with the whole fleet,
    A mission into the Kingdom of Kindness would definitely be a "Finale" sort of episode.

speaking of which.. for now I don't feel I can gm a decent episode..
    I'd encourage you to try, but if you're not ready you don't have to

Also, I'm realizing shooting the breeze with Blazing Trails probably isn't super engaging so I can just speed through him getting you all set up for the journey if you want.

14. - Top - End - #734
    Titan in the Playground

I am the kind who enjoy the journey.

Ehhhh.... I dont know. It's just, that I think of ideas, and I "roleplay' how you will roleply to this if it make sense?
    And the results aren't good.

I know that at least Emmer doesn't enjoy the kind of conflicts I coming up with. (At least from my exprience at the other mlp roleplay)
    And Emperor Ing is the silent cool and mysteriouse type(at least oocly), so I am not sure...

It's hard to come up with something.

Pragunicorn? I guess nopony of us want to get "back" there.
    I am not smart enough to write a good mystery,
    And the conflicts I am coming up with are so so.

I kind of stuck.

15. - Top - End - #735
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Igor, Im just in my old habits of D&D roleplay... And scared of the Gm screwing us over. SOmetimes, I feel my character is inadequate for the situation as well.

But thats not your fault, the fault is my own perspective. Im sorry if it makes you anxious.

16. - Top - End - #736
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Aaah those darn monkeys lol!

Oh, how should we assign the rest of the jobs?

I can be on the lookout for danger if needed. Quick is my best stat I think. I'll need to be home and rewatch Rocket character sheet.

17. - Top - End - #737
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Should we just go ahead with Mossy trail blazing, Nessy navigating, and Rocket and Roxan on lookout?

18. - Top - End - #738
    Titan in the Playground

yeah, I can't think of something to add

19. - Top - End - #739
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Sounds like we're ready to go. Do people want to make their on rolls, maybe including a description of how they are handling their task, or should I do 'em all at once for efficiency's sake?

20. - Top - End - #740
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Good point, I rolled my own roll for scouting

Next time, I can let u do the rolling if youw ant. It brings up a interesting point... Should we do that often?

21. - Top - End - #741
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Next time, I can let u do the rolling if youw ant. It brings up a interesting point... Should we do that often?
    Eh... I was only suggesting it here because people implicitly described what they wanted to do and these jungle navigating tasks might have to be repeated. I don't want to make a habit of trying to anticipate what the PCs want to do because reading minds is hard.

Anyways, the rolls:

Evanescent - navigating: Clever(4d3)[3][3][1][1](8) - 8 + 3 = 3
    Mossy - trail blazing: Forceful(4d3)[3][2][3][3](11) - 8 + 3 = 6
    Roxan - scouting: Quick(4d3)[2][3][2][2](9) - 8 + 3 = 3
    Rocket - scouting: 4

And those are some good rolls.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-26 at 11:32 AM.

22. - Top - End - #742
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

From an improv story-telling perspective I kinda feel bad about shooting down the idea that the cave of the original Tree of Harmony was in the Mistveils. But, I think dropping the Tree in the middle of the adventure would kind of distract from the main plot of the episode, that being the mystery and potential threat.

I don't know, what do people think?
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2019-08-29 at 10:23 PM.

23. - Top - End - #743

I think that's a good move, yeah, it would have been a MASSIVE narrative red-herring. But on the plus side you set up a pretty solid mystery for the future, as to potentially finding the original site for the Tree of Harmony.

As for the current state of the Kingdom of Kindness, I actually have been ruminating an idea in my head for a mission in the Kingdom of Kindness, as the Whinnielight is hired by, of all people, the Black Swarm, itself. Or rather, interests within the Black Swarm, who need agents they can 100% count on in order to deal with some internal affairs.

I touched on the idea of giving the Changelings a rationale for their hostility to ponies in my previous episode, with Adepha being terrified of capture, but this episode will develop that some more, giving the Crew a greater insight into the underlying narratives within their society that convinced them towards conquest, rather than more peaceful and diplomatic approaches. However, with changelings, everything is not as it seems. So even if the changeling has no reason to lie to the crew, whether they are telling the truth or not is up to you to decide.

24. - Top - End - #744
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I would definitely be up for some explorations into the Changeling's society. While the Black Swarm definitely has some elements of the uniform alien swarm hive-mind trope, I like the idea of that not being 100% true. Makes for a more complicated conflict.

25. - Top - End - #745
    Titan in the Playground

I do aprove as well.
    I also have general Idea I am not sure how to devolp about, sub species of changlings based on harmony elements, which they consume instead of love- laughter, kindness and etc.

26. - Top - End - #746
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I'll be honest, I'm not actually sure how I should describe the draft in the tunnel that is accurate to the structure of the tunnel. So instead I'll just describe what I know about the tunnel and what I think you should be able to deduce from the air-movement.

There is air in the tunnel, its relatively fresh, and there is some ventilation. This tunnel is close to the surface and there are probably multiple entrances/exits similar to the one you just entered.

27. - Top - End - #747
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

So, I've been thinking about this for a bit.

I worry that I haven't' given you all enough to work with in the jungle/tunnel exploration sequence. It seems like my descriptions haven't contained enough telling details to give you ideas on what to explore/investigate.

Are people losing interest in the episode, or has life just bean busy lately? Do you have any suggestions on how to improve?

28. - Top - End - #748
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Master View Post
    So, I've been thinking about this for a bit.

I worry that I haven't' given you all enough to work with in the jungle/tunnel exploration sequence. It seems like my descriptions haven't contained enough telling details to give you ideas on what to explore/investigate.

Are people losing interest in the episode, or has life just bean busy lately? Do you have any suggestions on how to improve?
    Sorru, I have no excuse exept I was busy. I only have a girlfriend but I feel like Im taking care of a child sometimes. She has so many qualities and shes definitly the one for me but I still wish she was more independant at times

That is also why I havent tried to join more roleplays.

You are doing a fine job as it is, dont worry.

... I also might have being distracted with one of my friends asking me a favor (Im his betareader for his fanfic) and the new preview of MTG cards coming at the end of September. Lose the theme so much for that particular set (Grimm Fearie tales and knight)

29. - Top - End - #749
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

I thought the tunnel I went on waws vertical, like no way for the troups to follow me. Hence why I went alone.

Was I wrong?

And cant the group even hear me from where I am? That doesnt sound possible if you say they do so I dont see how your comment about needing help make sense...

EDIT: Also, what mist?! If I coudl saw those angular thing you pointed about, why would there be mist now?
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2019-09-12 at 09:34 PM.

30. - Top - End - #750
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I thought the tunnel I went on waws vertical, like no way for the troups to follow me. Hence why I went alone.

Was I wrong?

And cant the group even hear me from where I am? That doesnt sound possible if you say they do so I dont see how your comment about needing help make sense...

EDIT: Also, what mist?! If I coudl saw those angular thing you pointed about, why would there be mist now?
    The tunnel went straight ahead, branched off, and there was a hole in the ceiling which connected to the surface, similar to the one you initially entered the tunnel through.

The rest of the crew can definitely hear you if you call out.

I did mention mist in the first post when you went above ground: Rocket could barley make out the silhouettes of these marker stones through it.

If I'm honest, most of why I had Rocket get tangled up is thematic. He flew off on his own through the Mistveils when Blazing Trail had said to stick together.