The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 26 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Land of the Six Kingdoms (MLP, FATE Accelerated) OOC II

Roxan The Diamond Dog's background
    Spoiler
    Show

Roxan grew, up at Diamond Dog colonia, at land which officaly belonged to the Kingdom Of Magic. Their connection to the ponies were quite rare, and usually only, for trading crystals and "poooony iteeeems".
    Roxan sure loved gems, crystals and diamonds just like the next Diamond Dog- but she yearned to know- why those rubies are red, and those saphires are blue? What else can crystals do beside look shiny and pwetty?

Does poooonies really draw their souls on their flanks? Can poooonies really walk on clouds? Roxan was filled with unending questions combined with talent to get into places she shouldn't to.
    She grew up, considered to be quite the eccentric diamond dog, and one day, when she was a late teen, she got an amazing birthday gift- the whole colony gathered gems and diamonds to fund studies for her- studies at Pragunicorn's University!
    They were proud at her, and believed the whole world should be her mine to investigate!
    She had a lot to catch up with- for example read and writing, but with help of generouse and understanding pooonies she made it to the entrance exams.

She chosen Crystalogy at the Geology department. At the department Roxan met and deeply befriended a griffon called Gottfried. Gottfried was a passionate expert for preciouse metals. Gottfried was mostly a dork, but he had obsession about the Girffon Homeland and their artifact.

The griffons used to live at Roar Cliff, an isle city-state ntroling countless mines, and most important of all: the winds. The legend tell of the Anemoi fan, which the Griffon Kings wielded and controled the winds themselves, and by so, the sea routes.
    But, the Arimaspis, their sworn enemeies to unite and take over Roar Cliff. The King has broken the Anemoi fan, and the girffons have turned into refuges since then.
    After graduating, Roxan has decided to make Gotfried happy and retrieve the Anempi fan for him. After few years of adventuring, Roxan managed to get to the ruins of Roar Cliff. Following clues, and sneaking under the Armisapis's legs she found one half of the Anemoi fan.
    The clues led to another isle, of the Thunderbirds, where the fan was originaly created- and there it could be united again.
    At the lost temple she met Gotfried. But he was... diffrent. He blamed her for stealing his dreams. She ran away.

Roxan kept adventuring, mostly running away from Gotfried and the Steel Beaks.
    She became famouse enough to get recruited for the renewed Harmony Fleet
    Bazzilion legions of thanks to his highness Emperor Ing for the awesome avatar!

Who want to join some freeform Naruto Rp?
    http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showt...ound-ITP-OOC-1

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Its fine if several members of the fleet have pets! It will had a cute element to the story

And nice background Igor! I really like it!

Also, guys, do you mind if I give Rocket Blast an assistant on the ship? Like Alfred is to batman? Can we create a few NPC for the Harmony Fleet?

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

A very solid backstory Igor. The Anemoi Fan is a cool relic and fits with the Griffons being greedy cheats and extortionists before they fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    Also, guys, do you mind if I give Rocket Blast an assistant on the ship? Like Alfred is to batman? Can we create a few NPC for the Harmony Fleet?
    I'm a little hesitant, just remembering what happened with the RP we just wended where the ship was overflowing with far too many NPCs. Maybe one assistant/scribe/engineer NPC for our ship would be fine, but then they wouldn't be specific to Rocket.

Of course, it is fine to create characters for the other ships. I only worry about NPCs we drag along with us everywhere we go.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

My idea was to have a lawyer/secretary mare on board to take care of the paperwork for the crew. A NPC that STAY on the ship no matter what and is more of a plot device then anything else.

Also, lets make up a rule here: the ship itself is a embassary so we have diplomatic immunity inside the ship.

I think we had enough of invaders inside the ship. If they do invade the ship, they are breaking the laws if not invited. I believe a attack against the ship itself is a declaration of war against the Kingdom the ship is from. The ships are a marvel that should be protected and all Kingdom agree on that.

It doesn't mean the ship cannot break on its own or that people dont care about those rules, etc. Im just saying it should be the setting in place.

What do you think?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Titan in the Playground

First of all thanks! About the Anemoi fan, well, I did a bit of research abput griffons and Arimaspis- in ancient greek myth/lore (Herudetes wrote about them in detail). And they both lived at the "Land Of Winds"- sort of Plane of Air from D&D. There the gods and spirits of winds live.
    If I understood right, Anemoi means 'north' in ancient greek, and it's the name of the land.
    The most famouse artifact connected to it, it's the Sack Of The Winds, which Odessous gotten.
    But I wanted an artifact which could be splat to few parts- so I have turned the sack into a fan.

As for Npcs- I think it's fine, as long as they are story telling tools, and not an actual 'active' characters. Lawer/secretary is good.

I for example chosen Wind Rider(the X wonderbolt, who tried to frame RD) as Admiral, because I believe it would be intresting plot device. His pride, maybe need to take credits for the successes of the Fleet. We won't meet him every scene, but he will be the task master, and sometimes send commands- which some of them might be questionable.
    Also.. who the Captain?

Emmer- I think you have gotten confused again. The Fleet, is Neautral, and doesn't belong to any kingdom.
    But every ship devoted to one of the elements.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Ok, then I'll consider the Harmony Fleet as the Red Cross organisation. We dont have diplomatic immunity per say but our lawyer/secretary can at least have it if a problem arise. So at leats in her case, she cant be arrested like the rest of the crew as long as she remain on the ship.

We have autorization to go anywhere our help is needed. As the Magic Kingdom fleet, we are the first aid to the other fleets if they have problems in other kingdom. Likewise, we could ask for help from other fleets and introduce NPC from other Harmony Fleet if we really need it.

As for Captain of the crew, I could volunteer to be it. Of course, I'm no magician but Rocket Blast have military training, popularity and charisma on his side to be the "face" of the fleet when needed. Was put at this place because of the last captain was accused of collation with the Magic Kingdom gouvernement. They are supposed to remain neutral after all. Putting a military figure from a other country from the kingdom of either Loyalty or Honesty is a bit a slap in the face but in the face time assure that his decision are unbiased. Trained in dealing with magical user and magical threat.

But of course, it's just a idea. Any of you could be the captain if you wanted to. However, if I am the captain, I actually pushed Roxan application in the ship. That is, if you don't mind.

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

For the record, I like Emmer's proposal for the NPC that will basically be the ship's secretary, for lack of a better term.

As for captain, all I can say is that it wouldn't be Mossy Log. It depends on what Hawk comes up with but Rocket seems like a good fit.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Colossus in the Playground

I don't see an issue with the fleet as proposed. Nessy would probably want a leadership role but Rocket is simply a better candidate than some Kindnessian mare.
    Dark Souls Remake in a Nutshell
    Don't mess with a Primarch

Sometimes I make avatars too. Shoot me a PM if interested.

9. - Top - End - #129
    Titan in the Playground

ok..

hmm.. I guess Roxan could help with the engine?

also, are you ok with Wind Rider as Admiral?

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by igordragonian View Post
    ok..

hmm.. I guess Roxan could help with the engine?

also, are you ok with Wind Rider as Admiral?
    Rocket is already the wonderbolt military type of character for the ship... so I dont know. he could be the captain of the Loyalty Fleet however?

11. - Top - End - #131
    Titan in the Playground

nono. The Admrial of the whole fleet.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Ogre in the Playground

Hey, still working on my new character, just wanted to let y'all know.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAmishPirate
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Spoiler: Previous Avatars!
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Spoiler: Characters
    Show

13. - Top - End - #133

So I have an idea for Nessy's pet.
    Spoiler
    Show

The Life and Creation Department of the Kingdom of Magic is responsible for pushing the limits of understanding of magic and biology and is responsible for giving life to a seemingly endless array of creatures with unusual properties, so much so that entire floors of buildings are devoted to housing the index catalogue of creatures developed and studied in the Department's history, both abominable and wondrous. A select handful have even achieved commercial viability as livestock, or as pets.

Among the latter are the Aurora Serpents. Snakelike creatures that can reach up to three hooves in length from tip to tail. A set of short forelimbs ending in paws extend from their bodies. They glow with internal iridescence in a variety of colors from red to violet. Most interestingly, through a combination of arcane genetic engineering, Aurora Serpents were given highly active photosynthetic abilities, augmented with magic, making them almost entirely photovorous. Simple exposure to white light or light that matches their color is enough to keep them nourished for weeks, though periodic feeding of protein in the form of eggs, meat, or insects, is advised. Aurora Serpents are pack animals, and as such function best in groups. Because of these traits they make loving companions and easy-to-care-for. They can also hover above the ground, never more than four hooves. Though physically capable of achieving altitude, they rarely choose to do so except in the company of others, such as flying with a pegasus owner.

Evanescent got one from her family when they visited the Kingdom of Magic on vacation. Fluffy, as she is affectionately known, has been the family pet for years, and remained with Nessy during her encounter with the Changeling Queen, fleeing to the Kingdom of Generosity refugee camp, and joining the Harmony Fleet.

Fluffy is curious and affectionate, though she has a hoarding tendency and will snatch up small unattended shiny things to hide away, usually in her bed.
    Last edited by Emperor Ing; 2018-03-18 at 02:37 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Emperor Ing View Post
    So I have an idea for Nessy's pet.
    I like it, and it seems very appropriate given what Igor showed us of the Life and Creation Dept.

Spoiler: Mossy's Moth
    Show
    When Mossy was in Soothing Sunlight's care, recovering from having most of her mushrooms removed, she wasn't allowed much contact with other Ponies, for fear of infection. Fortunately, Mossy's spores didn't seem to bother insects (discovered when Mossy complained of a spider that had taken up residence in her chamber) so Soothing gave her a large (the size of a small dog) white moth to take care of. It was named Vanderbight by Mossy, after some ancient Equestrian folk-tale of a Pony who's soul left their body each night in the form of a great white moth.

Vanderbight is a placid creature that is often found perched on Mossy when she is relaxing in her room. She eats honey, diluted with water that Mossy prepares each morning whenever possible and also nibbles on her caretaker's garments. Thanks to Vanderbight, Mossy has become adept at sewing patches onto clothes.

Also, this may sound random, but would anyone have a problem with me having Mystery involved in an episode? She wouldn't stay on the ship or anything and would be the same character Igor played, just if the old Whinnylight shenanigans had never happened.

15. - Top - End - #135

So I made a character sheet for Nessy

16. - Top - End - #136
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

So I made a character sheet for Nessy
    I hope Nessy wont headbutt with Rocket for the orders lol!

Meh, I plan to be more like a colleque rather then a boss anyway

17. - Top - End - #137
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Well, no one stated any objects to Mystery so I'll just go ahead and use her for what I had planned.

Mossy Log's character sheet.

Also, I wanted to run my idea for a stunt by everyone.

Mossy Log fights tirelessly for what she holds dear and gets a +2 to making Forceful attacks against targets that are threatening someone, or something she cares about deeply.

18. - Top - End - #138

I hope Nessy wont headbutt with Rocket for the orders lol!

Meh, I plan to be more like a colleque rather then a boss anyway
    She's not anti-authority in the sense that she dislikes all authority and hierarchy. In situations where she freely associates with someone and consents to be lead by them (in this case Rocket, and the Admiral, since she chose to be part of the Harmony Fleet) it won't be a problem. But with political authorities, police, politicians, etc, it's a different story. Don't expect her to do any of the talking around them.

That could be fine, Humble, but it seems too...broad? Maybe i'm interpreting it wrong but it could be something like she has a +2 to Forceful checks against those trying to coerce or intimidate those she cares about.

19. - Top - End - #139
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

That could be fine, Humble, but it seems too...broad? Maybe i'm interpreting it wrong but it could be something like she has a +2 to Forceful checks against those trying to coerce or intimidate those she cares about.
    Maybe I should specify it has to be a direct, immediate, and violent threat? Like, blackmail wouldn't count but trying to burn down the ship would? Threatening to chop down the remaining trees wouldn't count, but if Mossy knew they actually had plans to it would?

This stunt was meant to represent Mossy fighting tooth and nail for what she cares about, but I could see it being kind of annoying to figure out when and when it doesn't apply.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-03-22 at 07:04 PM.

20. - Top - End - #140
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

I think a contest Forceful ROll should give her a +2. She react strongly to Forceful attempt. That would be very specific. Or in a combat situation would work too.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

By the way, I kept my character sheet almost the same but I changed the rolls he was strong and weak at. Careful rolls are much more useful then I thought they were.

Im ready to restart it when you are Humble.... Most of us are too.

I send a PM to Hawk, hoping she will hurry up... but at this point, I would start without her. Its being what a month and no sign of a character?

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

I think a contest Forceful ROll should give her a +2. She react strongly to Forceful attempt. That would be very specific. Or in a combat situation would work too.
    I think i prefer giving her a +2 to Forceful attacks when stuff is being directly threatened.

By the way, I kept my character sheet almost the same but I changed the rolls he was strong and weak at. Careful rolls are much more useful then I thought they were.
    Is it still the same link?

Im ready to restart it when you are Humble.... Most of us are too.
    Do we know who will be running the first episode and do we want to have a "mini" episode at the beginning to, in character, establish everything?

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Same link yes. You are free to use it or reread my character if needed.

As for the first episode,l I could do it but as a mini episode. This way, it would give time to Hawk to decide if she is making a character or not.

But I would need guidance for it. I mean I never did a mini episode before so I dont know how to do it.

I could start off with the scandal about the Harmony ship in the Magic country being corrupted by local politician and presenting new recruits to the ship and such?

I would prefer you do such episode though, you are more familiar with the lore then I am.

24. - Top - End - #144
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm making a character, I just need to know what the first story arc is, so I can write her appropriately. We are rescuing my character on the first mission, are we not?
    Psychology has nothing to say on the courtship of dragons, but science will surely catch up in time.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

25. - Top - End - #145
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    I'm making a character, I just need to know what the first story arc is, so I can write her appropriately. We are rescuing my character on the first mission, are we not?
    That could actually be a reasonable mini-episode to start everything off:

The crew for the Whinnylight has been assembled, but disaster strikes when one of their number is kidnapped in transit by mysterious criminals (not Changelings, because that feels too obvious, maybe they are a group that has some unfinished business with Hawk's character?). Before the ship can take flight, the fledgling crew has to band together and rescue their own before the admiral of the fleet decides they aren't up to snuff and look for others to fly the Whinnylight.
    Last edited by Humble Master; 2018-03-24 at 07:53 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146
    Ogre in the Playground

Maybe. I was also thinking an Antarctic rescue could be fun. It would give the chance for her mom to use Captain Lawrence Oates' (Golden Oats'?) famous line. "I'm going for a walk. I may be some time."
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

27. - Top - End - #147
    Ettin in the Playground

Beholder

So, Hawkflight, I want to double check something. Is your intention that your character isn't originally selected to be part of the crew but then gets rescued and just tags along from that point on?

28. - Top - End - #148
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, I do want her to become part of the crew, but yeah.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show

29. - Top - End - #149
    Titan in the Playground

ClericGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Hawkflight View Post
    Well, I do want her to become part of the crew, but yeah.
    Then ok, she was selected as a crew member but we need to rescue her lol

30. - Top - End - #150
    Ogre in the Playground

No no, she's the little sister of a crew member that vanished. How is up for debate, but I was thinking she sacrificed herself to prolong their supplies long enough for her little sis to survive until the rescue party came. Then she becomes a crew member in her big sis's stead.
    Show

Kitty Lacuna by Kymme

Show