New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

d20 Help with Gestalt Bad Touch Cleric

I am playing in a Rise of the Runelords campaign and would like some advice regarding a build. I want to be a Bad Touch Cleric (Leaning Lamashtu for Trickery and Madness). I am looking for suggestions involving the cleric part of the build and also the other side of the gestalt. These are the character creation rules.

Level 5 (I am dropping in partway into chapter 2, have played roughly this far in the campaign before)
    Regular WBL
    Gestalt
    All Paizo
    82 points to allocate to attributes, none lower than 6 or higher than 18 before racials.

Please aim towards at least moderate if not higher levels of optimization. I don't mind a little bit of metagaming regarding the future of the story, as long as it's not overboard. However, if you advise a build choice based on future events in the module, please don't spoil why. Thanks!

Edit: Also actually open to any combination of Gestalt Classes. Prefer to not be something that is only useful in combat though. So at least one side with good spellcasting and/or other out of combat utility (skills, etc.)
    Last edited by Genoin; 2018-02-11 at 10:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Help with Gestalt Bad Touch Cleric

Consider taking the Deception subdomain of Trickery instead of Trickery, it's just a stronger choice overall.

For your gestalt, I'd say go Fighter (Brawler) and be amazing at controlling and disrupting opponents.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Dwarf in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Biffoniacus_Furiou View Post
    Consider taking the Deception subdomain of Trickery instead of Trickery, it's just a stronger choice overall.

For your gestalt, I'd say go Fighter (Brawler) and be amazing at controlling and disrupting opponents.
    Good call on the subdomain. The thing that concerns me about brawler is I don't think my DM is terribly comfortable with Combat Maneuvers for outside of the basics like monsters grappling, so that might bog down the game a bit, and it doesn't seem to have a ton of synergy with the vision of madness power, which I kind of wanted to build around a little.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Consider going Monk, you can debuff them and then deliver a stunning fist. You can further debuff them first with the Enforcer feat and the Cruel weapon enchantment if you want to guarantee they're stunned.

For debuffing, I think Witch or especially Shaman would be a fantastic choice. You could have your familiar deliver the Vision of Madness (Sp) touch and other touch spells, use Evil Eye to further debuff opponents, and you'll have plenty of save-or-lose spells.

You may also want to consider combining a Frostbite Magus build with this, but your ability scores will be spread thin.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

The cheese option would be Clerc//Warpriest.