New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Return to Betrayal at House on the Hill, Group 2

The roll to open the portal to Hell is either Knowledge or Sanity, so it can never be impossible to make, as any of the Traitor's traits which are below starting values get reset to starting values at the beginning of the Haunt and the Heroes can only reduce one of the Traitor's traits.

That said, I suspect the Haunt was designed with a wider range of Mights (wider than 4, 4, 4, 5) in mind, including at least one person whose Might was enough lower than the Traitor's that the Traitor could easily overwhelm them in combat.

2. - Top - End - #152
    Titan in the Playground

GrayDeath, before claiming I'm wrong about things you might want to more carefully read what I've said. The first thing I said was that this Haunt is usually unfair to one side or the other. Which is the information you're trying to correct me with.

@Kiss: Who knows? I think it's safer to assume it was designed with the assumption the Traitor wouldn't get the worst possible weapon. Since that's more likely than guessing at the possible stats of the Heroes. Though I will say this is the one of the highest stats totals at start of a Haunt I've seen.

3. - Top - End - #153
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

I don't care if the QT is shared.

In regards to placement, I think you had very bad luck with me starting right next to you with the Book (one of the items needed to transform the statue). If you had 1 or 2 turns where you had a chance to attack us, I think it would have easily been a different story.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

4. - Top - End - #154
    Troll in the Playground

Listening to the whole of it, I will say it does seem to have been rather bad luck. Especially where DS7 was in relation to you, and having the book artifact.

If it'd been Missy who'd turned traitor when she first found the crystal, with no one nearby... This is assuming that whoever is required to make the Haunt roll might become the Haunt... Am I right?

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

5. - Top - End - #155
    Colossus in the Playground

The terms of each Haunt are different. Sometimes it's the haunt revealer, sometimes it's the highest or the lowest with a given stat, sometimes it's affected by the interests or age of the Explorers.