New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Default New DM Here, Hello!

Hello, I'm a DM that's relatively fresh to the game (only about two years before I decided to take up Dungeon Master), and I've been following this forum for a while for advice. I decided that, after revitalizing my presence on the Kingdom Hearts Forum KHInsider, I might as well give this one a shot too.

I'm planning on posting all of my homebrew stuff here for my upcoming campaign "The World of Édoran", where a treant, a dwarf, a half-dragon, a human, a gold golem who can't speak, and a wood elf with her dire wolf travel across the world of Édoran in search of adventure (and a lot of trouble). My first quest arc will involve them defending the last human kingdom, Dolasar, from the Tieflings of Haitoran, where they will do lots of fetch quests, fight hordes of enemies, and make unlikely allies along the way.

In my real life I am a music educator and a Kingdom Hearts enthusiast, and I enjoy watching YouTube channels that cover anything from quantum physics to book & movie reviews to gameplay analyses. Fantasy is my creative outlet, for when I have a crazy idea and need to implement it somewhere, however absurd.

So, without further ado, hello, everyone!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Default Re: New DM Here, Hello!

Hi! I hope you like it here. I certainly do ^_^

Once you've made yourself at home, don't be afraid to ask any questions. Setting up campaigns are pretty easy here, and there is no shortage of eager players ready to sign up for adventure. I'm sure The World of Edoran will be well received.

If you wish to show off your home brews or have them critiqued, there's a whole forum dedicated just to that, and I have found their advice to be very enlightening.

Anyway, good luck!
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by inexorabletruth View Post
    Hi! I hope you like it here. I certainly do ^_^

Once you've made yourself at home, don't be afraid to ask any questions. Setting up campaigns are pretty easy here, and there is no shortage of eager players ready to sign up for adventure. I'm sure The World of Edoran will be well received.

If you wish to show off your home brews or have them critiqued, there's a whole forum dedicated just to that, and I have found their advice to be very enlightening.

Anyway, good luck!
    Thank you so much! I do actually have a homebrewed class for a dire wolf beast character, so I think that posting that here would be very beneficial to my campaign :D
    My album, The World of Édoran -12 SONG EP-

A dictionary for my game, titled The Édish Lexicon, will be online soon!

4. - Top - End - #4
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Hello and welcome!

As another relatively new, and way more ambitious than is recommended, DM I definitely recommend taking advantage of everyones willingness to help and to bounce off ideas. This is a great place for that or just talking about random stuff. I hope you enjoy it here.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

MonkGuy

Hi, new ambitious DM!

Do you have a DM registry? It's not required, but highly recommended. You can put your house rules, home brews, campaign resume, references, play types, system preferences, whatever you need to say to your players before they join your campaign.

Also, players seeking DMs will often check DM registries before PMing you. Once you get one, or it in your signature.

Mine is down there as well. 👇
    Last edited by inexorabletruth; 2018-02-15 at 03:51 PM.
    PbP Junk and Stuff:
    My Characters:
    I am currently not a player in a game, and would be mostly interested in joining 5E games.
    My Campaigns:
    For the Republic of Ishtar! A 5E Campaign

My PbP color is dark red.
    My Player Registry
    My DM Registry

Jormengand's Advice on Character Development

6. - Top - End - #6
    Pixie in the Playground

AssassinGuy

cool Re: New DM Here, Hello!

welcome to the streets boiiii XD

7. - Top - End - #7
    Pixie in the Playground

GnomeWizardGuy

I'm new too! I came to be a player though, I DM meatworld games too often.