New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Reincarnation Wars: The Wise And The Wicked

Tech marine stood still as he watched the cultists. He remembered fighting armies, but a surprise army is a surprise.
    And then someone threw their shield, so the 'what comes next' was rendered into one answer.
    "Ok then. Let's do this quickly!"

And with that, Tech Marine opened up, bracing only slightly as he brought his laser rifle to bear, the very air cracking as it was violently blown apart by the energies channeled through it, red light blasting into cultists.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    I'm not feeling conquery.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Dwarf in the Playground

Naqash
    ________

As I walk through the portal, a scene of chaos greets me. I can't take the time to appreciate the surroundings as Broad Steel immediately throws his shield, Cap America style, at a cultist. Tech Marine decides to join by going full auto at the other cultists. Well...when in Rome...

My hands move skillfully as memories of a spell from Dr. Fate come lunging into my brain. With an explosion of golden light I unleash as much sorcerous energy as I can and form a magic shield around every one of us.

"Shields up, folks!"

That done, I proceed to blast the cultists with bolts of sorcerous energy.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Alex curses, and falls out of bed - far later than he feels like he should have. He realizes something's off when he can't hear anybody else moving in the house.

"Mom? Dad! Katie?" he hollers, as he makes his way through the house looking for anybody. But nobody came. 'cause nobody's there, kid

He makes his way out of the house and through this strange neighborhood his house is now in, unnerved, looking for somebody, anybody else, but is unable to find most anybody.

...and then he hears a voice calling through the streets, and calls back. "Hello?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alternatively, I guess I'm far enough behind the main group that a fight has started? I guess I'm not sure what joining this far in means for where my character is in the story. LMK what I should be doing OoC and I'll adjust my post accordingly >.<
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-02-25 at 08:23 PM.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

4. - Top - End - #64
    Ettin in the Playground

Temple of R'lyeh

The captain's shield finds its target with a satisfying *CLANG*, knocking the cultist backwards and leaving them splayed out on the cold stone floor. The gathering host of faceless robes pauses and looks toward the center of the temple, silently regarding their fallen comrade.

Then, everything starts moving in fast-forward.

Behind the shield-wielder, someone starts firing a laser gun into the crowd. A small group of robes rush toward the red light, directly at their attacker. On some combination of instinct and programming, Tech Marine adjusts his aim to spray at the approaching enemies, only to have a magical barrier spring into existence in front of him. Thankfully, it only absorbs a few wasted shots rather than reflecting them right back in Tech Marine's face, but in the instant it takes to peek around the translucent cover three swift cultists have already swarmed into melee. A spidery green hand reaches around the barrier to swipe at Tech Marine's arm.

Similarly, Dr. Fate finds that each cultist targeted by his eldritch blasts quickly breaks off from the group and rushes in to confront him. If he's particularly observant, he may even notice that they seem to begin this movement before his attack connects - perhaps even before the crackling energy leaves Naqash's hand. It might take another instant to make sense of this information, of course.

The rest of the cultists seem content to follow the same path as before, albeit at a quickened pace. They file in from unseen entrances above and in the shadows, then follow a set path along the wall of the temple before proceeding en masse right up to Broad Steel. On inspection, they seem to be following a pattern of red tiles set in the temple floor, a path guiding their procession to the crystal-bearing altar. Broad Steel and the group behind him just happen to be standing in their way.

Also of note, the robes just push past a confused Elena and step over the KO'ed shield chump. In fact, anyone not directly interfering with the procession seems to be paid the least possible amount of attention by the cultists.

"Huh... I guess they're really only interested in the crystal thing..."

You can tell by her wrinkled forehead that Elena's not really made sense of this so far. She's not even holding a weapon yet.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-02-25 at 11:53 PM.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Ettin in the Playground

12:21, 12/21/12
    "The End of Time"

Once Alex starts walking down the sidewalk, the thought of being left alone with his echo doesn't linger for too much longer. A sleepy-sounding voice calls to him from a window above a closed coffee shop.

"Hmm? Hello? Who's there?"

An unfamiliar woman in a nightgown and braids adjusts her glasses to look at the wanderer below. "Oh! Hi, Alex! Are you awake yet?"
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-02-26 at 06:17 PM.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gunsforhands View Post
    12:21, 12/21/12
    "The Moment"

Once Alex starts walking down the sidewalk, the thought of being left alone with his echo doesn't linger for too much longer. A sleepy-sounding voice calls to him from a window above a closed coffee shop.

"Hmm? Hello? Who's there?"

An unfamiliar woman in a nightgown and braids adjusts her glasses to look at the wanderer below. "Oh! Hi, Alex! Are you awake yet?"
    "Awake?! ...am I asleep?" He seems confused. "Who are you, what's going on?

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Cazero's Graduates Of Hope's Peak - Danganronpa Mafia

My Homebrew

7. - Top - End - #67
    Ettin in the Playground

"Well, okay, let's check. Are you... hearing any strange voices in your head? Or, do you suddenly know any strange vocabulary words that you don't remember learning? Except how would you even check for something like that... alright, how about this: have you talked to someone named C'Baoth yet?"

It's probably safe to say that Alex has not.

"Oh, yes, then you are still asleep. That's okay, though. I don't blame you." The woman yawns. "Anyway. I'm Elena. It's nice to meet you! Or, it will be in a few minutes, when you actually meet me. I've been awake for... about an hour now. Hour and a half? It's hard to say, really..."

The lady, apparently named Elena, seems close to dozing off right on her windowsill.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Titan in the Playground

"Well, okay, let's check. Are you... hearing any strange voices in your head? Or, do you suddenly know any strange vocabulary words that you don't remember learning? Except how would you even check for something like that... alright, how about this: have you talked to someone named C'Baoth yet?"

It's probably safe to say that Alex has not.
    "...voices in my head? That's...expected? No, no voices or languages in my head." wait, what?

"Oh, yes, then you are still asleep. That's okay, though. I don't blame you." The woman yawns. "Anyway. I'm Elena. It's nice to meet you! Or, it will be in a few minutes, when you actually meet me. I've been awake for... about an hour now. Hour and a half? It's hard to say, really..."

The lady, apparently named Elena, seems close to dozing off right on her windowsill.
    Alex stared at the dozing woman, more than a bit frustrated with the whole situation. This couldn't be a dream knocking around in his head, it felt too vivid, too real to be a flight of fancy cooked up by his subconscious mind. Of course it's happening in your head...but why on Earth should that mean it's not real?

My Homebrew

9. - Top - End - #69
    Bugbear in the Playground

HalfOrcPirate

Eek!

An unnaturally thin teen girl dressed in a yellow summer dress suddenly appears in midair near the window Elena lounges in. She lets loose an undignified squeak as she drops the short distance to the floor. She recovers swiftly and begins talking quickly, very quickly.

"Oh you found another one Elena! HI! Im Ninnette, but most people call me "Nins" nice to meet you!"

"Nins" suddenly shifts to being stood in front of Alex hand out stretched as though to shake hands. on her hand is a thick brown leather glove with 3 inch blades sticking our from each of the finger tips.

Ignoring that! Haha! Nins exclaims with wide eyes and forced smile as she quickly hides her hand behind her back.

Nins seems not to notice Alex's bewildered look.

"Dont worry, Ive got some new voices in my head just like Elena up there. You can mostly drown them out as long as you keep moving and talking. Apart from the ones that just sorta loom and stare at you. Don't ask me how a disembodied voice looms."

Shaking her head it seems like Nins is about to pause, unfortunately for everyone one of her awakened souls means she has no need to breath.

"Good news! I found a portal out of here. Bad news is it looks kinda sorta-ALOT like an eldritch portal to hell aaaand it sounds like theres a lot of screaming and shooting on the other side."

Nins looks up to Elanae and as she does shifts to standing the other side of her facing away.

"Shoot i have got to get used to that. she mutters as she turns around.

What do you think E? Should we take the noobie here and jump through?"
    Last edited by gawwy; 2018-02-26 at 03:32 AM.

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

"Well you certainly seem sane and reasonable," Alex says wryly.

My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71

HalfOrcPirate

And you sound like someone with only one voice in their head and more blood than caffien in their veins.

Nins disapears. Some clanging is heard in the coffee shop. Nins reapears next to Alex with a large sack of coffee beans.

The later I can fix. she says, patting the large sack. Just like I did for E up there. Now look at her pratically boumcing off the walls!

12. - Top - End - #72
    Dwarf in the Playground

Meanwhile in the future, or possibly the past, above the sounds of fighting Broad Steel shouted. "NOT what I was planning!" He said taking out his Desert Eagle and shooting at any of the cultists that appeared hostile. "It's a good thing that nothing else in the building that can hear us. The other cultists didn't react to us! Why would you shoot?"
    Whilst making his idle conversation with the rest of the team in helping them kill mooks, he seemed to somehow slip the cultist's robes over his own almost as if it happened off camera. They, of course, fit perfectly on him. He looked down at where the cultists were going towards and the tiles on the ground. "Stick to the red tile. We don't know if the rest of the place is trapped."
    I prefer a keg of beer!

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Alex curses, and falls out of bed - far later than he feels like he should have. He realizes something's off when he can't hear anybody else moving in the house.

"Mom? Dad! Katie?" he hollers, as he makes his way through the house looking for anybody. But nobody came. 'cause nobody's there, kid

He makes his way out of the house and through this strange neighborhood his house is now in, unnerved, looking for somebody, anybody else, but is unable to find most anybody.

...and then he hears a voice calling through the streets, and calls back. "Hello?!"

Spoiler
    Show
    Alternatively, I guess I'm far enough behind the main group that a fight has started? I guess I'm not sure what joining this far in means for where my character is in the story. LMK what I should be doing OoC and I'll adjust my post accordingly >.<
    Within a moment, Alex hears a knock on the door. . . It's Howard/C'baoth.

14. - Top - End - #74
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by ArlEammon View Post
    Within a moment, Alex hears a knock on the door. . . It's Howard/C'baoth.
    Alex regards him carefully. "So...I suppose you're the C'bath person she mentioned? You in charge in this...dreamscape?" >.<

My Homebrew

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    Alex regards him carefully. "So...I suppose you're the C'bath person she mentioned? You in charge in this...dreamscape?" >.<
    "This isn't a dream scape. This is the End Of Time."
    C'baoth states. "You have been chosen to fight for the universe and destroy the threat to the Multiverse."
    "This is a lot to take in, so I am suggesting that you think for a moment what I'm about to say, as you awaken now."
    Suddenly, The voices of the three past lives begin to wake up and start to chatter with their Primary Ego, Alex. They impart the knowledge that what they are saying is true, and Alex begins to remember every memory.

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

"This isn't a dream scape. This is the End Of Time."
    C'baoth states. "You have been chosen to fight for the universe and destroy the threat to the Multiverse."
    "This is a lot to take in, so I am suggesting that you think for a moment what I'm about to say, as you awaken now."
    Suddenly, The voices of the three past lives begin to wake up and start to chatter with their Primary Ego, Alex. They impart the knowledge that what they are saying is true, and Alex begins to remember every memory.
    Alex seems incredibly confused and disoriented by the influx of memories, and has to lean against the wall to avoid just collapsing. "Threat to the universe? Chosen, what? I..." he groans.

My Homebrew

17. - Top - End - #77

HalfOrcPirate

Nins appears besides Alex and attempts to pat him on the back reassuringly. An effect only slightly spoilt by the clanking of the metal blades on her finger tips.

"Hey there its ok. Its lots to take in all at once. Just take a deep breath. Now who's voices have spoken up in there? lets sort out the identity crisis before handling the apocalypses."

As Nins waits for Alex to regain sanity she looks to C'baoth.

"Just what is threatening the universes? Does it have anything to do with the eldritch hell portal over there? It is such a pleasant shade of green!"

18. - Top - End - #78
    Ettin in the Playground

Temple of R'lyeh

Quote Originally Posted by Demonjazz View Post
    Whilst making his idle conversation with the rest of the team in helping them kill mooks, he seemed to somehow slip the cultist's robes over his own almost as if it happened off camera.

"Stick to the red tile. We don't know if the rest of the place is trapped."
    By the time Steel finishes this sentence, the red tile path is so densely packed with the robed figures that that course might not be feasible unless you're taking the path toward the altar. Depending on his definition of aggressive, his pistol may be getting a lot of use, too.

Most cultists buckle to one or two hits. Some of them are clearly taller and tougher than others, though their robes conceal anything else that might have helped tell them apart. If Steel shoots down a cultist attacking an ally, another from the crowd breaks off to get at him. At the same time, a dense wave of cultists is already threatening to trample him; as it stands, even the more peaceful ones are shoving past and joining the larger fray.

Meanwhile, the dirobed cultist left behind by the two-frame clothing theft is a sickly-looking older man whose skin was slick with a translucent green mucus. His robe is gross and uncomfortable to wear. You can feel that stuff seeping into your regular clothes underneath.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-02-26 at 06:43 PM.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

However> . .
    At first, the Cultists seem to be drowning in their own blood and dead. But suddenly, the dead rose back from the ground, with their eyes lit up, the strange crystal shined a translucent blue in the center of the massive prayer halls. Suddenly, misshapen, slimy creatures began to crawl from out of the shadows. SHOGGOTHS!!! The Cultists seemed unable to do much harm to our protagonists, but as the crystal shined, it made a loud shimmering musical sound, and shoggoths crept from the shadows continually.

Nins And Alex
    Several moments passed as C'baoth, known as Howard, informed the two, Alex and Nins that the others had entered the Portal into the temple of Rylyeh.
    "You can go into the Portal there. It's one way, but you can mentally open it up at any moment."
    Last edited by ArlEammon; 2018-02-26 at 07:36 PM.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

The Temple
    "Sorry! I'm not psychic!"

An automatic weapon without ammo limitations puts a large blunt on the charge, but seeing the Shoggoth's appear Tech Marine shouts again, his voice struggling to be heard over the constant sounds of laster blasts.
    "Bugger this!"

And with that, Tech Marine focuses on one of the passive cultists closer to the pillar, and disapears.

Suddenly, a ghostly figure in Elven Plate appears next to a cultist, knocking him over before slamming a fist into the ground, coming into sharp focus as a wave of blue energy blasts out from him, sending cultists staggering. His form blurs again as he raises his hands high, ghostly blue flame licking the forms of the downed cultists before they can rise.
    Last edited by 5ColouredWalker; 2018-02-26 at 08:24 PM.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by gawwy View Post
    Nins appears besides Alex and attempts to pat him on the back reassuringly. An effect only slightly spoilt by the clanking of the metal blades on her finger tips.

"Hey there its ok. Its lots to take in all at once. Just take a deep breath. Now who's voices have spoken up in there? lets sort out the identity crisis before handling the apocalypses."
    Alex looks up at you, his eyes - one with a bright blue flame encompassing the iris, the other a cool emerald gradually beginning to glow with a similar intensity - surveying you with a calm focus that belies his previous panic. "...got three voices in my head, yeah. I...they say they're Harry Potter, Danny Phantom, and sans."

However> . .
    At first, the Cultists seem to be drowning in their own blood and dead. But suddenly, the dead rose back from the ground, with their eyes lit up, the strange crystal shined a translucent blue in the center of the massive prayer halls. Suddenly, misshapen, slimy creatures began to crawl from out of the shadows. SHOGGOTHS!!! The Cultists seemed unable to do much harm to our protagonists, but as the crystal shined, it made a loud shimmering musical sound, and shoggoths crept from the shadows continually.

Nins And Alex
    Several moments passed as C'baoth, known as Howard, informed the two, Alex and Nins that the others had entered the Portal into the temple of Rylyeh.
    "You can go into the Portal there. It's one way, but you can mentally open it up at any moment."
    Alex nods, looking thoughtful as he examines the portal.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-02-26 at 09:23 PM.

My Homebrew

22. - Top - End - #82
    Ettin in the Playground

Temple of R'Lyeh

Despite the surging crowd, the cultists dashing and dropping left and right, and some enterprising enemies bumping into her as they tried to cut in line, Elena has mostly managed to stay out of it this whole time. It was actually pretty fascinating to watch the group take down the cultists as quickly as they have done, though it probably didn't hurt that the bad guys were literally lining up for it.

She does kind of get surrounded in the process, of course. She's not sure whether Tech Marine can see her over here, what with the wall of cultists between them...

"Erk!"

She dives to the side and dodges the shockwave, but this proves counterproductive when the ground around her erupts into flames.

"Ahh! Ssss!" Toxic springs to her feat and runs to rejoin the group with visible embers burning her clothes. She rips off her jacket and slaps it into a cultist who was having the same idea. By the time she gets behind a Fate Shield and manages to put herself out, it's burned through part of her skirt and left visible damage on her arms and legs. "Rrgh! Damn it!"

Meanwhile, the ghostly fire swiftly spreads from robe to robe until the entire temple is bathed in flickering blue light. When Toxic looks up and sees it, it's hard for her to stay mad. When she sees the shoggoths finally start seeping in, it helps her mood even further. She can deal with shoggoths.

Spoiler: Brainlog
    Show
    ...we can?
    Of course!
    They're slow, dumb, big, squishy targets.

The slow, dumb, big, squishy targets slither into the room more quickly than something so gelatinous rightly should, but still more slowly than the cultists. Their sprawling forms ooze and flop through the carpet of burning robes, smothering the flames as they go along.

"Ha! Now this is more like it!" Toxic reaches into a cloud of black smoke, pulls out a black and gold staff, and swings it in a sweeping gesture. A series of shadowy black figures rise from the flames to join the first elven warrior. Their eyes reflect the fire from which they were conjured like mirrors.

"Get 'em, boys!"

The Dark Links charge through the flames without hesitation and start hacking away at some shoggoths. The monsters don't seem to care about the red tile path, though, so while the shadows can hold off their approach from that direction pretty well, there's still some 320 degrees of vulnerability for us to deal with. Why did they have to warp us right into the center of this domed temple?
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-02-26 at 09:28 PM.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Troll in the Playground

Daemon

"Anyone versed in Old Ones or Magic?! Or are we flying blind?!"

After taking a moment to look at the crystal, Tech Marine spins, bracing himself at one side of the pillar as he begins pouring fire into the Shoggoths. It should hit harder than his thrown daggers, but the laser beams are 2/3rds completely mundane, and he's got no clue how the otherworldly beasts deal with concentrated light.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by 5ColouredWalker View Post
    After taking a moment to look at the crystal, Tech Marine spins, bracing himself at one side of the pillar as he begins pouring fire into the Shoggoths... but the laser beams are 2/3rds completely mundane, and he's got no clue how the otherworldly beasts deal with concentrated light.
    It turns out they deal with it about as well as any mindless hunk of meat. Techie's lasers leave their target covered in dark burn marks and reeking of grilled octopus. The shoggoth flinches and gurgles in what one can only assume is pain, but continues lurching forward for a good six seconds of constant laser fire before it finally collapses among the flames.

"I don't think these things are anything special," Toxic says as she readies about her next move. "Their masters might have only one weak point or whatever, but the shoggoths are just big bullet sponges."

To demonstrate her point, she conjures and launches several bursts of white pellets at a nearby monster. The pellets pop in bursts of white light on contact, with similar results to the lasers.

"...which still SUCKS, but it's nothing we can't handle."
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-02-26 at 11:35 PM.

25. - Top - End - #85
    Dwarf in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

"I asked you if you wished to Awaken. Each of your past lives, called, "Souls", all gave their permission to come here, in order to be alive once again. Then, all you needed to make this an actuality was your subconscious permission to be more than what you are, to realize who you are, to realize THE TRUTH!" Each of you feel your past lives awaken inside you, all of them seem be speaking at once. Then suddenly, the voices grow silent, as if waiting to speak with each of you personally. The power surges through you, and you also begin to feel a sense of wholeness you've been missing for your whole lives. Any physical conditions and other maladies find themselves GONE.
    "Woah."

The decades of memories from her former lives overtakes Lydia's senses. She's still standing, but between the influx of experiences pouring into her, managing the voices talking in her head, and some sensory overload, all Lydia can do is follow the events around her, then wander off into the portal when it opens.

Spoiler: Meanwhile, in her Head
    Show
    "This is the one who wields our powers?" She speaks dismissively, in a voice used to arrogance and spite. Medea, a Witch known less for her powerful magics than for her endless cruelty.
    "She is young and has never had power. Why not see what she does?" A voice calm and ethereal, somehow evoking images of blood. Shizuka Hio, a vampire from a heritage of power and madness so great that her own kind locked her away out of fear.
    "Hmph, you may be willing to let this girl waste our potential, but I am far more interested in returning to life. Taking control of this girl's body should be easy, unless you plan to contest me?"
    "Go right ahead. I have no interest in the living world anymore."
    "Waaaaiiiit-ah!" You didn't know she had a physical form, but apparently she can trip and fall. ...Ruby Rose, a 15-year old girl learning to be a monster hunter.
    "I won't let you hurt her!"
    A dark laugh emanates from a voice that can only be Medea's. "And what makes you so confident you can win, child? What can you do?"
    "Well, we can annoy you."
    "...What."
    "Yeah, just be constant annoying sounds in your head. Ruby, you know any good annoying songs?"
    "Uh, ok! I know a song that gets on everybody's nerves-"
    "Is this really the best plan you two can think of-"
    "Medea, back down."
    "What?!"
    "I am not putting up with this for the rest of eternity. If preventing you from acting is the only way to stop them singing, then I have no problems opposing you."
    "You-er-Fine! Bunch of children..."
    "All I wish for is some peace in my afterlife. What you all do beyond that is of no interest to me."
    "Well, I'm ok with peace and quiet. What about the rest of you?"
    "Ok, long as you're not hurting anyone, I'll help keep the peace!"
    "Thank you."

Temple of R'lyeh
    The captain's shield finds its target with a satisfying *CLANG*, knocking the cultist backwards and leaving them splayed out on the cold stone floor. The gathering host of faceless robes pauses and looks toward the center of the temple, silently regarding their fallen comrade.

Then, everything starts moving in fast-forward.
    So fast forward that Lydia can barely keep up.
    "Huh... I guess they're really only interested in the crystal thing..."
    "Then keep them away from it!" Lydia runs toward the crystal, becoming a blur as she carves through any opponents in her way. She isn't quite sure when the large mechanical sniper-scythe appeared in her hand, but she doesn't complain as she finishes her charge by slashing at the crystal.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Dwarf in the Playground

Spoiler: Inside your head
    Show
    This is gross. We should take it off.
    God, I didn't think anything could get worse than the trenches.
    This normally never happens. Even when the clothes are covered in blood okay!
    I'm telling you. We should dressed up as a woman instead if we wanted to infiltrate this place.
    A woman as a 6-foot tall muscle man. Great idea.
    You'd be surprised the two voices said simultaneously.

Unluckily for Broad Steel, changing out of clothes in a few seconds does not work when it's comically unpleasant so he just had to deal with it.
    Quote Originally Posted by RocknRollFTW View Post
    So fast forward that Lydia can barely keep up."Then keep them away from it!" Lydia runs toward the crystal, becoming a blur as she carves through any opponents in her way. She isn't quite sure when the large mechanical sniper-scythe appeared in her hand, but she doesn't complain as she finishes her charge by slashing at the crystal.
    Hearing Lydia's calls of smashing the crystal and one of the voices in his head reminding him how dangerous red crystals could be and that they often ended with gods rushed towards the crystal also. Jumping up into the air and sprinting across the tops of the cultist's heads with a bit of a help from a small layer of Hamon to keep his balance. "Get ready! We don't know what chaos the crystal will cause when it goes down." He said still nearing the end of his sprint across the tops of cultist's heads occasionally throwing a shield, shooting, or punching somebody.
    I prefer a keg of beer!

27. - Top - End - #87

HalfOrcPirate

Nins stand besides Alex staring at the eldritch green portal.

"Did you know"she begins slowly, enraptured,"That the color green wasn't associated with "Evil" magic until the early 1800's when a mysterious force started sending people mad in their own homes, witch fever they called it. Got associated with the green color because all the afflicted had similar greens in their wallpaper. Turns out the copper used to achieve the bright greens had a high concentration of arsenic in it, thus the insanity. Nins takes a deep breath "Anyway enough fun facts for one day" and with that Nins steps into the portal.

--On the other side--

Nins is greeted by the sight of insanity on the other side of the portal. A couple of stranger stood braced behind a golden transparent barrier beyond which a veritable pile of smoldering corpses covered in gore lay around a central crystal. Two figures stood near the crystal, one with a rifle glowing with ghostly runes the other with a massive scythe striking down upon the crystal. The scene seemed to move in slow motion as and only one thought entered Nins head "Am I supposed to protect the crystal from these psychopaths?"

28. - Top - End - #88
    Dwarf in the Playground

Naqesh
    _______

"Heads up! I'm detonating the shield for a big area attack. It'll take a bit of time to get another one going!" Having warned the others, I do exactly that. The shield detonates outwards in a powerful wave of sorcerous energy. Shoggoths caught by the energy begin to sizzle and burn, hopefully its enough to kill a few. In case it isn't, I charge up some Force Lightning in my hands, powerful enough to put Palpatine from the movies to shame and fire off a stream of lightning into as many enemies as I can.

At the back of my head, Hord keeps insisting that I channel even more of my hate and rage into the lightning but I'm still somewhat leery of doing so. As a result, its a powerful attack but not as much as it could be and more taxing than it would be for proper Sith. I might be gimping myself this way, but I figure its better to be slightly weaker and in control of my senses than be absolutely bonkers at full power. Hopefully the others won't notice or chew me out for not going all the way.

29. - Top - End - #89
    Ettin in the Playground

Temple of R'lyeh

The sorcerer's spell snuffs out the blue flames in a split-second flash, finishes off any monsters that the rest of the party was fighting and forces the rest back a fair bit. Anyone with the darkvision to see the edges of the temple might note the furthest ones being fused the wall by the burning wave.

The next instant, an-ear piercing screech rings out, enough to drown out the rest of the crashing and gibbering.

*EEEEE-k-k-k-k-shhrrEEEEEEEE-*

Elena flinches and looks up. The sound is coming from the translucent dome ceiling. Several visible crackles, swiftly expanding to cover our view of the dark aquatic landscape above. Water begins to run in at the edges of the temple where the dome was damaged the most.
    Last edited by Dr.Gunsforhands; 2018-02-27 at 08:39 PM.

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

"You guys are doing this all wrong!" Jacob stated matter of factly as the last Shoggoths started to enter the room from the shadows, and the Crystal was shattered. "Shoggoths are very hard to kill, so let me just turn them into stone!" ::With his hands, he started to wave in arcane gestures and muttered strange words under his lips, as magical energy suddenly transformed four of the hulking abominations into rock statues.:: He levitated himself into the air, avoiding one of the Shoggoth's attacks, a lashing tentacle attempting to sever his head from his body.