Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Ogre in the Playground

Thumbs down Re: The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

Kramolagh frowns at this point, retrieving several additional papers from within his coat. He sets them down upon the table before calmly passing them to Felandria, his expression quite grave. Each document appears to be a picture of a different patient, each in various states of decaying health.

"Children. Scarred by zhe radiation g-given off by zhe last mad cataclysm elsevhere in zhe N-Nexus."

"Men and Vhomen, too. Individuals vhith families, some very y-young, some zhe s-sole means of their family's survival."

"Zhese a-are only a few examples of zhe l-lives at stake. You are not l-looking at numbers and statistics, zhese are r-real people."

"Your decision will affect... everything."

2. - Top - End - #122
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: The Olympian Barcade and Restaurant

Quote Originally Posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
    Kramolagh frowns at this point, retrieving several additional papers from within his coat. He sets them down upon the table before calmly passing them to Felandria, his expression quite grave. Each document appears to be a picture of a different patient, each in various states of decaying health.

"Children. Scarred by zhe radiation g-given off by zhe last mad cataclysm elsevhere in zhe N-Nexus."

"Men and Vhomen, too. Individuals vhith families, some very y-young, some zhe s-sole means of their family's survival."

"Zhese a-are only a few examples of zhe l-lives at stake. You are not l-looking at numbers and statistics, zhese are r-real people."

"Your decision will affect... everything."
    Felandria looks at the pictures, but not for too long.

Obviously I want to help these people.

But you want to make them gods, without considering if any of them are capable of handling that kind of power, or are responsible enough to handle it.

Sir, you must understand, there is nothing more I desire than to one day join my father in the pantheon, but I would absolutely refuse to take a shortcut to get there.

Surely there must be a way to use this idea of yours to help these people without granting them limitless power?

Pony Felandria by Dirtytabs, OOTS Avvie by Kymme, Doll by Recaiden
    FelandriaDeadra Blackfyre

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh grits his teeth before offering a small smile, clearing his throat. "It appears zhat you m-may have misunderstood zhe purpose of our project. Zhere vhill be n-no attempt to "transform" a mortal into a deific being, our research suggests zhat s-such a "transformation" is inherently unstable, it vhould not yield zhe r-results vhe seek."

"As I have s-said, zhe researchers dedicated to zhis p-project vhork daily to perfect zhe science of "divine-distillation", a complicated p-process vhich extracts and distills zhe d-divine essence within deific m-matter in order to create zhe purified essence of "divinity". Zhis material is replicated and r-recombined, eventually forming somezhing g-greater and whole."

"A vital but volatile essence brimming wizh potential. A sentient, liquid god."

--

He continues. "Vhe vould utilize zhe excretions f-from such a creation in order to cure zhese people. Not a shred of "divinity" vhould be passed along."

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria seems to relax after hearing Kramolagh’s explaination.

She brushes a couple of stray hairs offa her face and smiles.

Well then, if that is the case...

I’d be happy to help you.

Just tell me what you need, hair, blood?

5. - Top - End - #125
    Ogre in the Playground

Kramolagh nods solemnly before responding. "Hair vhould suffice, h-however, blood vhill likely be far easier to process."

"Vhat you are doing is very noble."

6. - Top - End - #126
    Orc in the Playground

Felandria casually reaches behind her head and undoes her ponytail, nonchalantly dropping her hairband on the table in front of Kramolagh, there are several hairs tangled within it.

Here you go, if you have a jar or something, you may want to put that in there.

She shakes her head about a little, to get her hair loose and flowy.

Then she leans down and puts her arms on the table to get right near his face.

So listen, a couple of things.

Number one, I don’t want any of this nonsense where you try and claim that you own my essence or my bones or stuff because you patent my hair or anything.

And I expect to be kept updated on your doings.

And most of all.....

If I find out that you and your associates are doing evil things or are hurting people, or just generally lying to me to make another me or something......

I will destroy you, them, and your entire facility.

And I will take my sweet time with it.

Do we have an understanding?

7. - Top - End - #127
    Ogre in the Playground

The gray-coated man retrieves a small mechanical device from his belt, grasping the hairband within the device before calling for several agents. A chilled box is produced, and the hairband is placed within its depths, before being locked by one of the operatives in the back.

Kramolagh rises at this point, reaching for his folder, allowing himself a wry grin.

"Of course, Ms. Felandria."

"We'll be in contact. I'd hate to be apart from a b-business associate as beautiful as you for very long."

8. - Top - End - #128
    Barbarian in the Playground

It sounds like the start of a joke: a catgirl and cyborg walk into a bar. Maybe it is, in a sense. Maybe this whole evening is going to be one big joke. Only time will tell, however. Oh, but speaking of jokes, Magtok is repulsed by how long it takes normal people to get from point A to point B. This whole voyage was absurd. Is this what life is always like for non-teleporters? The pickup truck had to navigate traffic, he had find parking near the airship docks, pay a ferry to bring Caelynn and himself to Skyside, and then he had to find a taxi to get to Felandria's restaurant. After this date is over we should probably just skydive our way back to Inside. Caelynn might not be too keen on an method of transportation that depends entirely on how well she can cling for dear life, but it'd be a hell of a lot faster than all of this nonsense was.

"Okay, we're here. Remind me to never take a taxi in this nightmare city again; that guy almost killed us like eleven times in six minutes. Oh, and keep an eye out for a giant redhead. If she doesn't show up that's fine too, though." Magtok isn't completely broke. He can still pay for dinner without begging Felandria for free food. In fact, he'd probably prefer things go that way. You can find money anywhere, but once sold, dignity isn't so easily replaced.
    Quote Originally Posted by RabbitHoleLost View Post
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson
    Deviltok Avvie by Miss Nobody

9. - Top - End - #129
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    It sounds like the start of a joke: a catgirl and cyborg walk into a bar. Maybe it is, in a sense. Maybe this whole evening is going to be one big joke. Only time will tell, however. Oh, but speaking of jokes, Magtok is repulsed by how long it takes normal people to get from point A to point B. This whole voyage was absurd. Is this what life is always like for non-teleporters? The pickup truck had to navigate traffic, he had find parking near the airship docks, pay a ferry to bring Caelynn and himself to Skyside, and then he had to find a taxi to get to Felandria's restaurant. After this date is over we should probably just skydive our way back to Inside. Caelynn might not be too keen on an method of transportation that depends entirely on how well she can cling for dear life, but it'd be a hell of a lot faster than all of this nonsense was.

"Okay, we're here. Remind me to never take a taxi in this nightmare city again; that guy almost killed us like eleven times in six minutes. Oh, and keep an eye out for a giant redhead. If she doesn't show up that's fine too, though." Magtok isn't completely broke. He can still pay for dinner without begging Felandria for free food. In fact, he'd probably prefer things go that way. You can find money anywhere, but once sold, dignity isn't so easily replaced.
    The catgirl laughs at her companion’s utter disdain, leaning against his arm a little. ”Clearly you’ve never ridden in a taxi before. Rule number one of public transportation; anything’s better than a taxi.” With that sage remark, Caelynn steps forward to hold the door open for the pair. ”Do you want me to call her over if I do, or would you prefer I point her out and hide behind the menu to save you the embarrassment?” she half/teases. Not that she thought she was particularly embarrassing, but she figured Magtok probably has enormous th reminders of the past from her very presence without the risk of someone recognizing and commenting on her return. It wasn’t very likely, but Fel was a name even she recognized, and there’s no telling of that would be mutual.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

10. - Top - End - #130

The cyborg rolls his eye and pulls an arm around Caelynn's waist as he step inside. "Pfft, I don't care who sees you. The Nexus has some new big controversial incident full of drama and fury every month. The whole world except maybe myself and Rein probably doesn't even remember your little fifteen minutes of infamy, and I'm not even a hundred percent certain about the cat. Trust me, if anyone looks in our direction, all they're going to see is Magtok, on a date, with yet another cute new catgirl who's waaaay out of his league. Practically a Nexus tradition," Magtok ends his sarcastic observations with a scoff, well aware of what his reputation with the catgirls was like a few years back, and may very well be to this day. Those rumors were completely blown out of proportion, if you ask me. He only dated...what, like three catgirls? One of them was his fiancee, the other was a personification of death who took on a vague approximation of his fiancee's form to try to seduce him, and the third was Caelynn, who came along after his reputation with catgirls had already solidified. That's not even half of all the women he's dated; he's not obsessed with them!

"If you see her, wave her over. I'll say 'Hi Fel, nice to see you. I like what you've done with the place. Big step up from when it was a MagDonald's. This is Caelynn, my latest catgirl paramour.' Then you laugh awkwardly and say hello while I keep prattling on about nothing in my usual style, while Fel feigns a smile for a moment or two to be polite before deciding she'd rather have nothing to do with us and walks off. We order dinner, have a few more drinks than we should, and then get kicked out for swearing up a storm about Reinholdt so loud that the families here with their kids can hear us." Wow, you've got this whole evening already all planned out, don't you, Magtok?
    Magtok's the best
    "You probably found 'How to Survive a Robot Uprising' in the humor section. Let's just hope that is where it belongs."
    -Daniel H. Wilson

11. - Top - End - #131
    Orc in the Playground

And as usually happens in these situations, Felandria walks up to the pair.

Magtok, I’m so glad you decided to check the place out.

How are you?

((I have forgotten how Fel and Caelynn have interacted in the past, if they have))

12. - Top - End - #132
    Bugbear in the Playground

Yeah! Let's not forget Happy, and... the other one. They definitely exist, I'm sure of it!

"Oh Magtok, you have such a way with words. Can't let me have some wishful thinking, can you?" Caelynn gives him a weary attempt at a smile, before wincing. "Sorry, that wasn't very good was it? It's... been a while since I flirted, I'm a little rusty, and was never that good in the first place either...." She admits, feeling a little foolish. Ugh, this was a terrible idea!

She ***** her head as another thought occurs to her though. "Yet another, huh? I don't think I ever heard of your other paramours... but I won't ask. We're here to drink our woes away about my own past mistakes, after all." Maybe not the best thing to comment as the owner in question approaches....

"Oh, hello! Fel, I take it?" Caelynn gives the unfamiliar woman a smile, but lets Magtok do the talking. He was better at it, and seemed to like the sound of his own voice far too much anyways.
    Avatar by Gulaghar, thanks so much!
    "People wanted to be fooled. They really believed that you found gold nuggets lying on the ground, that this time you could find the Lady, that just for once the glass ring might be real diamond. You had to give them a show.”
    ~Going Postal, by Terry Pratchett

Spoiler: Quotes from Friends <3
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtok
    If it'll keep you from linking that abomination ever again, then fine. You're evil enough. You win.

13. - Top - End - #133

"Hi Fel, nice to see you! I like what you've done with the place. Big step up from when it was a MagDonald's. This is Caelynn, my fiancée," Magtok introduces, changing the script just enough to hopefully startle the catgirl and give him something to laugh about. I mean, she'd better be at least a little unprepared for that comment. If she doesn't so much as bat an eye at that declaration, we might have bigger problems than we thought.

"I'm kidding. Kidding! Don't punch me, we're not marrying, s'just a date. Felandria, before you go back to restauranting or running VIGIL or being mayor of HALO or whatever you do these days, I was hoping I could ask for a favor. Money's been a little tight, and I may have had a few Magbot revolts recently, the MagCave exploded, a Nazi stole my last paycheck, and most of my credit cards aren't working. I don't want to make Caelynn pay for dinner, do you think you could..." It should be so easy to finish that sentence. Just say 'do you think we could eat free' or even 'do you think you could offer us a discount for being friends' if free is too much for your ego to stomach. Magtok can't quite get the words out, though. He wants to, he doesn't like spending more of his limited funds than he absolutely has to, but he can't quite seem to speak, he can't bring himself to swallow his pride and directly ask anyone for help. Not even for something as small as this.
    Magtok's the best
    -Daniel H. Wilson

14. - Top - End - #134
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Arkhosia View Post
    Yeah! Let's not forget Happy, and... the other one. They definitely exist, I'm sure of it!

"Oh Magtok, you have such a way with words. Can't let me have some wishful thinking, can you?" Caelynn gives him a weary attempt at a smile, before wincing. "Sorry, that wasn't very good was it? It's... been a while since I flirted, I'm a little rusty, and was never that good in the first place either...." She admits, feeling a little foolish. Ugh, this was a terrible idea!

She ***** her head as another thought occurs to her though. "Yet another, huh? I don't think I ever heard of your other paramours... but I won't ask. We're here to drink our woes away about my own past mistakes, after all." Maybe not the best thing to comment as the owner in question approaches....

"Oh, hello! Fel, I take it?" Caelynn gives the unfamiliar woman a smile, but lets Magtok do the talking. He was better at it, and seemed to like the sound of his own voice far too much anyways.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Magtok View Post
    "Hi Fel, nice to see you! I like what you've done with the place. Big step up from when it was a MagDonald's. This is Caelynn, my fiancée," Magtok introduces, changing the script just enough to hopefully startle the catgirl and give him something to laugh about. I mean, she'd better be at least a little unprepared for that comment. If she doesn't so much as bat an eye at that declaration, we might have bigger problems than we thought.

"I'm kidding. Kidding! Don't punch me, we're not marrying, s'just a date. Felandria, before you go back to restauranting or running VIGIL or being mayor of HALO or whatever you do these days, I was hoping I could ask for a favor. Money's been a little tight, and I may have had a few Magbot revolts recently, the MagCave exploded, a Nazi stole my last paycheck, and most of my credit cards aren't working. I don't want to make Caelynn pay for dinner, do you think you could..." It should be so easy to finish that sentence. Just say 'do you think we could eat free' or even 'do you think you could offer us a discount for being friends' if free is too much for your ego to stomach. Magtok can't quite get the words out, though. He wants to, he doesn't like spending more of his limited funds than he absolutely has to, but he can't quite seem to speak, he can't bring himself to swallow his pride and directly ask anyone for help. Not even for something as small as this.
    Fel leans down to greet Caelynn and perhaps give a friendly hug.

Hi, Caelynn.

How are you this evening?

This one isn’t giving you too much trouble, I hope.

She turns to Magtok.

Magtok, you know darn well your money’s no good here.

Come, I’ll show you to the second nicest booth in the place.

Only because the nicest is my size and I don’t want you having any trouble reaching for the salt.

She hands them each a coin purse full of game tokens, they are octagonal and have Fel’s face on them.

What are you two drinking tonight?