New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 14 of 50 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232439 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #391
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Default Re: Magic The Gathering Thread XXIII: Modern is Dead, Long Live Modern

Sigh, I bought some enchantement removal cards to deal with the issues I had, like Kosan Grip. I was put that white curse that give me the same as Humility enchantement and after being milled ALL my answer to it, I only had a few creatures cards that could have help... but the enchantement was locking me down.

So I took the lost as a learning lesson... but still, it wasnt any fun to be focused by one player. We were 3 and the last one who wasnt focused managed to kill us both. That is why you dont focus only player and let the other build his strategy, especially if that player wasnt a menace yet sigh.

If its a recurent issue, I'll buy myself a witchstone to make myself hexproof lol
    Last edited by Emmerlaus; 2018-07-26 at 04:35 PM.

2. - Top - End - #392
    Bugbear in the Playground

3 person multiplayer is almost always kinda lame.

3. - Top - End - #393
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Emmerlaus View Post
    ... I just discovered I should play Commander with a different group. OMG I was so eager to play my Toothy and Pir deck but one game I was focused by one player. He made me mill half my deck! (for NO reasons! He started it and never stopped it! 4 cards a turn for 10 turns) and the other I was playing against a competitive deck with almost no answer agaisnt.
    As stated—he's playing mill; it's a small miracle if he actually makes any progress. Even discounting the many decks that can just ignore having no cards in library (Tolarian Ruins or Volrath's Stronghold + a Crucible of Worlds is all it takes until graveyard exile), it's difficult to get to 100. Doing it against the 'draw cars' deck is basically his only shot at getting it done.

The real problem here was Third Player Syndrome, where the least threatening player gets ignored and just wins out of nowhere. Avoiding this is why my EDH deck has a lot of wrath effects, and why everything starts looking like Archenemy near the end of the game. ...Speaking from experience, teaming up with Mill Man to desperately try and take out the competitive deck together is going to be a much more exciting game on both your parts, if you can't find a fourth person to try and join the group.
    Used to be DMofDarkness
    Old avatar by Elagune.
    Spoiler: Collection of Signature Quotes
    Show

4. - Top - End - #394
    Titan in the Playground

Griffon

Well Im going into a gaming cafe. Their was like 8-9 players here and my first game was only in that group of 3 as I couldn't join in the middle of a game for the other tables.

The extra competitive deck I spoke about was during my second game, where we literrally had to teamup against that super competitive deck. But then again, that game teached me I should lower my mana curve and that I should remove a few high CMC cards from the deck for more answers against enchantement.

So while I cannot say I had lots of fun, I learned a few things about my deck.

+ Day's Undoing
    - Game Plan
    (Same effect, lets costly CMC)

====

+ Krosan Grip
    - Wickerbough Elder
    (my deck is about +1/+1 counters, not -1/-1 ones)

====

+ Skygames
    (less costly and give me answer against fliers)

====

+1 Blessings of Nature
    -1 Inexorable Tide

====

5. - Top - End - #395
    Ettin in the Playground

Today I had a Commander game with my Kess deck that, after my Isochron Sceptre and half my mana rocks got evicted, I had to go off with Paradox Engine. As a result, my last turn took roughly ten minutes before I managed to win the game. To avoid boring my opponents to death, I thought I'd do something a bit different with Queen Marchesa:

Spoiler: Long May She Reign
    Show
    1x Queen Marchesa *CMDR*

Her Holy Pantheon
    1x Heliod, God of the Sun
    1x Erebos, God of the Dead
    1x Purphoros, God of the Forge
    1x Athreos, God of Passage
    1x Mogis, God of Slaughter
    1x Iroas, God of Victory
    1x Oketra the True
    1x The Scorpion God

Her Noble Court
    1x Teysa, Envoy of Ghosts
    1x Kambal, Consul of Allocation
    1x Sorin, Grim Nemesis
    1x Blind Obedience
    1x Karmic Justice
    1x Marchesa's Decree
    1x Profane Procession
    1x Kolaghan's Command

Her Hidden Hand
    1x Xantcha, Sleeper Agent
    1x Kaya, Ghost Assassin
    1x Rogue's Passage
    1x Tainted Remedy
    1x Utter End
    1x Stolen Strategy
    1x Disrupt Decorum
    1x Goblin Spymaster

Her Elite Guard
    1x Licia, Sanguine Tribune
    1x Adriana, Captain of the Guard
    1x Vona, Butcher of Magan
    1x Archangel Avacyn
    1x Gisela, Blade of Goldnight
    1x Sun Titan
    1x Ankle Shanker
    1x Brutal Hordechief

Her Endless Armies
    1x Assemble the Legion
    1x Legion's Landing
    1x Martial Coup
    1x Elspeth, Sun's Champion
    1x Archetype of Courage
    1x Archetype of Finality
    1x Kazuul, Tyrant of the Cliffs
    1x Conquerer's Galleon

Her Brutal Reign
    1x Black Sun's Zenith
    1x Blasphemous Act
    1x Merciless Eviction
    1x Vandalblast
    1x Hero's Downfall
    1x Crackling Doom
    1x Phyrexian Arena
    1x Return to Dust

Her Priceless Treasures
    1x Chromatic Lantern
    1x Darksteel Ingot
    1x Elixir of Immortality
    1x Sol Ring
    1x Skullclamp
    1x Curse of Opulence
    1x Solemn Simulacrum
    1x Thaumatic Compass

Her Impenetrable Palace
    1x Sphere of Safety
    1x Teferi's Protection
    1x Slayer's Stronghold
    1x Vault of the Archangel
    1x Norn's Annex
    1x Ghostly Prison
    1x Command Tower
    1x Crawlspace

Her Boundless Realms
    1x Blood Crypt
    1x Bloodstained Mire
    1x Bojuka Bog
    1x Canyon Slough
    1x Caves of Koilos
    1x Concealed Courtyard
    1x Dragonskull Summit
    1x Evolving Wilds
    1x Godless Shrine
    1x Inspiring Vantage
    1x Isolated Chapel
    3x Mountain
    1x Nomad Outpost
    6x Plains
    1x Sea Gate Wreckage
    1x Shambling Vent
    1x Smoldering Marsh
    4x Swamp
    1x Tainted Field
    1x Temple of Malice
    1x Temple of Silence
    1x Temple of Triumph
    1x Terramorphic Expanse
    1x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
    1x Westvale Abbey

I'm using 8x8 theory with flavour themes instead of mechanical ones, so there's eight cards for spies, the army, etc. The mechanical focus is pretty vague but it's I'm probably going to redo the mana base, but are there any obvious includes I'm missing?
    Thanks to Veera for the avatar.

I keep my stories in a blog. You should read them.

5E Sorcerous Origin: Arcanist

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by ClericofPhwarrr View Post
    Dhavaer, your ideas are like candy from the sky, sprinkled lightly with cinnamon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gwyn chan 'r Gwyll View Post
    Wow. Badass without being flashy and showy, attractive while remaining classy. Bravo Dhavaer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren View Post
    ...Why do I imagine you licking your lips and rubbing your hands together?

6. - Top - End - #396
    Banned

So, I'm making my own MtG set. Don't worry, there's no purple in it. I'm not going to tell you anything about the set or the plane it's set on or anything: I'm just going to show you the commons and see what you make of them and if they tell the story for me - oh, and I'd love any critique you have on the cards. The little codes like CA01 and CB05 are a development thing so just pretend like they actually refer to the name of the card in question where relevant.

Spoiler
    Show
    Secluded Supplicant CW01 {W}
    Creature - Human Cleric C
    Whenever another creature enters the battlefield under your control, you gain 1 life.
    Healers, by their nature, are the most likely to reject the notion that only some are deserving of their blessings.
    1/1

Eager Celestian CW02 {1}{W}
    Creature - Human Angel Warrior C
    Flying
    Competitive Spirit - CW02 gets +1/+1 as long as it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    New recruits in the Ivory army are usually seen trying to outdo the veterans of the Vermilion army.
    2/1

Angels' Champions CW03 {1}{W}{W}
    Creature - Human Knight C
    First Strike
    Competitive Spirit - CW03 has double strike as long as long as it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    Some wish to have the honor of fathering a celestian. Others wish for a tale their friends will envy. Most have a particular angel they want to impress.
    2/1

Outlands Rescuer CW04 {2}{W}
    Creature - Human Warrior C
    Flash
    When CW04 enters the battlefield, you gain 1 life for each creature you control.
    “Follow the rangers to safety - I’ll hold these soldiers off.”
    1/4

Elephant Outrider CW05 {3}{W}
    Creature - Human Scout C
    Vigilance
    Competitive Spirit - CW05 has reach as long as it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    They didn’t just pick the name “Fort Ivory” out of a hat.
    2/5

Celestian Guardians CW06 {3}{W}
    Creature - Human Angel Soldier C
    Flying
    It was only so long before the denizens of Fort Ivory found a way to intermix with the icons of their ideal. It wasn’t much longer before they decided to weaponize this fact.
    3/2

Wings of a Feather CW07 {2}{W}
    Sorcery C
    Create two 1/1 human angel creature tokens with flying.
    Competitive Spirit - Create three of those tokens instead if this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control.

Angel's Presence CW08 {1}{W}
    Instant C
    Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. You gain 4 life.
    “You can command from the back, or from above, but you can only lead from the front.”
    - Bianca Solar

Light of Death CW09 {5}{W}
    Instant C
    Exile target nonland permanent.
    In Isoquar, mages worked tirelessly to create relatively simple spells to allow them to discern colors of magic, and exceptionally powerful spells to act on that information.

Eviction Notice CW10 {2}{W}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Exile enchanted creature at the end of its controller’s turn.
    For some, death in Fort Ivory is better than life in the outlands.

Azurian Jaunter CU01 {U}
    Creature - Human Wizard C
    Flying
    Competitive Spirit - U: Return CU01 to its owner’s hand. Activate this ability only if CU01 is none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    1/1

Outlands Infiltrator CU02 {U}
    Creature - Human Rogue C
    Hexproof
    When there are spells to discern one’s color of magic, there are bound to be spells to conceal it.
    1/1

Messenger Owl CU03 {2}{U}
    Creature - Bird C
    Flying
    When CU03 dies, draw a card.
    Outlander mages able to cast long-range communication spells are few and far between, so other solutions are necessary.
    1/2

Spineshark Skyship CU04 {4}{U}{U}
    Creature - Fish C
    Flying
    Competitive Spirit - When CU04 attacks, if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control, draw a card.
    Soaring through the air on a colossal flying shark makes even the most professional of commanders a little giddy.
    3/3

Write Off CU05 {1}{U}{U}
    Instant C
    Counter target spell. You may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, scry 2.
    Deflecting a spell into the Verdant forces is easy - the hard part is making it look like an accident.

Challenge of Magic CU06 {1}{U}
    Instant C
    Counter target spell unless its controller pays {1}.
    Competitive Spirit - Counter that spell unless its controller pays {3} instead if this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control.

Baleful Teleport CU07 {3}{U}
    Instant C
    Return target creature to its owner’s hand.
    Draw a card.
    “Nothing beats teleporting green mages into City Noire”
    - Jix, Outlander Mage

Sprint CU08 {2}{U}{U}
    Sorcery C
    Draw two cards.
    Competitive Spirit - If this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control, draw three cards instead.
    Sometimes, the line between charging and racing is blurred.

Embargo CU99 {3}{U}{U}
    Sorcery C
    Return up to two target lands to their owners' hands.
    “When no-one will buy your goods or shelter you on your travels, then you will know for a brief glimmer of a moment what it is like to be an outlander.”

Gag Order CU10 {U}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature loses all abilities.
    Port Azure has a unique approach to suppression tactics.

Outlander Apothecary CB01 {B}
    Creature - Human Rogue C
    {2}{B}: Target player loses 1 life.
    “I have so many different medicines - this one cures tyranny, this one is a favorite for removing parasites...”
    - Kastar, Outlander.

Avariel Raiders CB02 {2}{B}
    Creature - Elf Scout C
    Flying
    Competitive Spirit - When CB02 enters the battlefield, if it’s none of the most common colors among creatures you control, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
    2/2

Cambion Cutthroat CB03 {B}
    Creature - Human Demon Assassin C
    Deathtouch
    Half human, half demon, no remorse.
    1/1

City Noire Priesthood CB04 {2}{B}
    When CB04 dies, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, each opponent loses 3 life.
    The Vermilion and Azure forces know better than to stand nearby, but for some reason, the message never reached Fort Ivory or Borough Jade.
    3/2

Aspiring Necromancer CB05 {3}{B}
    Creature - Human Demon Cleric C
    Competitive Spirit - When CB05 enters the battlefield, if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control, you may return target creature from your graveyard to your hand.
    3/3

Shambling Outlanders CB06 {4}{B}
    Creature - Zombie C
    When CB06 dies, create a 2/2 black zombie creature token.
    “The part that worries me is that it’s not even the worst thing that can happen if you die in the Outlands.”
    - Jix, Outlander Mage

3/4

Called Shot CB07 {3}{B}{B}
    Instant C
    Destroy target creature.
    Competitive Spirit - If this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control, that creature’s controller discards a card.
    Seeing them kill your friend isn’t as bad as hearing them say your name next.

Robbery CB08 {2}{B}
    Sorcery C
    Target player discards a card. Draw a card.
    “They stole our freedom, our homes, and many of our lives. It’s time to even the score a little.”
    - Kaskar, Outlander

Covert Operation CB09 {B}
    Sorcery - C
    Target creature gets -4/-4 until end of turn. When that creature dies this turn, discard a card.
    Seeing how many soldiers you can kill without getting caught is a common game among outlanders.

Anoint in Blood CB10 {1}{B}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature has Lifelink.
    Sacrifice another creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.
    Joining the City Noire priesthood is always difficult, but it’s even harder on your loved ones.

Draconid Initiate CR01 {R}
    Creature - Human Dragon Shaman C
    Competitive Spirit - When CR01 enters the battlefield, if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control, it deals 2 damage to any target.
    Draconids don’t always inherit wings, but fire breath makes up for it.
    1/1

Fireslinger Outlander CR02 {1}{B}
    Creature - Goblin Rogue C
    First Strike
    When CR02 dies, it deals 1 damage to any target.
    He doesn’t care about the Separation. He just wants an excuse to set things on fire.
    1/1

Vermillion Lancer CR03 {2}{R}
    Menace
    Competitive Spirit - As long as CR03 is none of the most common colors among permanents you control, it gets +2/+0.
    2/2

Foxfire Striker CR04 {3}{R}
    Creature - Fox Elemental C
    Haste
    {1}{R}: CR04 deals 1 damage to target creature blocking it.
    Creating crossbreeds of sapient beings is frowned upon by the outlanders, but they’re hardly giving much up.
    3/3

Flame Fanatics CR05 {3}{R}
    Creature - Human Shaman C
    Trample
    Competitive Spirit - CR05 gets +2/+2 as long as it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    Just like fire, they burn anything that gets in their way.
    3/2

Dual Wield CR06 {1}{R}{R}
    Instant C
    CR06 deals 2 damage to target creature.
    Competitive Spirit - You may have CR06 deal 2 damage to another target creature if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control.

Shock CR07
    Utility leads to ubiquity. Spire Vermilion and the outlands alike are wracked with magical lightning as often as anywhere else in the multiverse.

Burning Bolts CR08 {2}{R}
    Instant C
    Target creature gets +2/+0 and first strike until end of turn.
    Competitive Spirit - If this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control, that creature gets +2/+0 and double strike until end of turn instead.

Rapid Reload CR09 {2}{R}
    Sorcery C
    Discard all the cards in your hand, then draw that many cards plus one.
    Originally, hand crossbows were used by the outlanders so they could carry two different types of bolts on loaded weapons. Then they realised that they needed more than that.

Catch On Fire CR10 {R}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature gets +2/+0. When enchanted creature dies, CR10 deals 1 damage to any target.
    The secret to not getting hurt by the flames is to get yourself killed some other way first.

Magivore CG01 {3}{G}
    Creature - Beast C
    Sacrifice Magivore: Destroy target artifact or enchantment.
    “Once it’s started feeding, don’t expect it to rejoin the fight for a while.”
    3/3

Jade Army Channelers CG02 {1}{G}
    Creature - Human Shaman C
    {T}: Add {G}
    Competitive Spirit - {T}: Add one mana of any color. Activate this ability only if CG02 is none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    1/2

Outlander Striker CG03 {1}{G}
    Deathtouch
    {G}: Outlander Striker gets +0/+1 until end of turn.
    “Put all your strength into your strike, and never relent!”
    - Galla, Outlander

1/2

Eager Avariel {2}{G}
    Creature - Elf Soldier C
    Reach
    Competitive Spirit - When CG04 enters the battlefield, if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control, put a +1/+1 counter on target creature.
    Until they can sustain a long flight, avariel are used for defense and resupply.
    2/3

Hedge Knights CG05 {3}{G}
    When CG05 enters the battlefield, target creature gets +1/+1 until end of turn.
    From nowhere, a cavalry charge echoed in the distance and the Azure forces’ battle plans crumbled to dust.
    3/4

Heretic Herbalist CG06 {2}{G}{G}
    Creature - Elf Shaman C
    {T}: You gain 2 life.
    She hasn’t found a way to fix her wings, but she can heal almost any other wound.
    3/3

Legion Assault Wurm CG07 {4}{G}{G}
    Creature - Wurm C
    Trample
    When CG07 enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, put 2 +1/+1 counters on CG07.
    Friend, foe, food.
    5/5

Love's Devotion CG08 {2}{G}
    Instant C
    Target creature gets +2/+4 until end of turn. Draw a card.
    “To be together, we would have to move to the outlands. Galla promised she would protect me. She never let me down.”
    - Jix, Outlander Mage

Crush Wings CG09 {G}
    Sorcery
    Crush Wings deals 5 damage to target creature with flying.
    Any avariel outlander who still has their wings intact was either born there, or left their homeland of their own accord.

Arms Race CG10 {2}{G}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant creature.
    Enchanted creature gets +1/+1 and has “Competitive Spirit - At the beginning of your upkeep, if this creature is none of the most common colors among permanents you control, put a +1/+1 counter on it.”

Icon Strider CA01 {4}
    Artifact Creature - Construct
    {T}: CA01 becomes the color of your choice until end of turn.
    Imbuing the strider with energy allows you to use it to send messages. Unfortunately, they’re crude insults as often as tactical orders.
    3/3

Manaweave Pendant CA99 {2}
    Artifact
    Sacrifice CA02: Add C. Until end of turn, you can spend mana as though it were mana of any color.
    Food is necessary in Port Azure, and science is necessary in Borough Jade. Trade between the two is both difficult and controversial, so more palatable solutions had to be invented.

Azure Archive CA03 {2}
    Artifact
    T: Add C.
    {3}, T: Draw a card, then discard a card.
    Thousands of bookshelves line the libraries of Port Azure. Thousands of books line each shelf. Thousands of pages are in each book. Usually, it’s a single page which is vital to your research.

Fire Siphon CA04 {2}
    Artifact - Equipment C
    Equip {1}
    Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has reach.
    There are two options: be in range of the flames, or be out of range of the battle.

Amaranthine Shield CA05 {2}
    Artifact - Equipment C
    Equip {2}
    Equipped creature gets +0/+8.
    Traders on the treacherous path that runs from Spire Vermilion to Port Azure have to take extra protections.

Any comments, whether it's a difficulty in understanding what's going on fluffwise to balance concerns, would be lovely.
    Last edited by Jormengand; 2018-08-22 at 03:59 PM.

7. - Top - End - #397
    Ogre in the Playground

Silence is already a card name.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigoDragon View Post
    It's like Amazon.com around here; free 2-day shipping on all orders no matter how trivial.
    Quote Originally Posted by u/s_SoNick
    Dr Mog: Hey, spiffy new threads you got there Tyro.

Tyro: Pie jesu domine smacks book against forehead Dona eis requiem

8. - Top - End - #398
    Ettin in the Playground

There are no multicolor cards listed. I have a feeling there is a very good reason for that.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

9. - Top - End - #399
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Jurai View Post
    Silence is already a card name.
    So it is. Changed CU10's name to Gag Order.

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    There are no multicolor cards listed. I have a feeling there is a very good reason for that.
    Apart from the fact that almost all common multicolour cards are from sets that focus on multicolouredness such as Khans block, Shards block, Ravnica block, R2R block or Shadowmoor block, you mean?

10. - Top - End - #400
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Jormengand View Post
    Apart from the fact that almost all common multicolour cards are from sets that focus on multicolouredness such as Khans block, Shards block, Ravnica block, R2R block or Shadowmoor block, you mean?
    The impression I got from the flavor text was that this set was specifically focused on the colors being isolated from each other, each being assigned to one of the only(?) 5 cities on the plane.
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm. If there are none present, I probably believe what I am saying; should it turn out to be inaccurate trivia, please tell me rather than trying to play along with an apparent joke I don't know I'm making.

11. - Top - End - #401

- Competitive Spirit feels difficult to understand at first sight on an ability. It boils down to 'play me in a splash colour, not a primary colour' which is a bit awkward because it means if you're drafting or whatever you'd see good white cards, but being in white actually makes them worse which would feel strange to play imo.

- Elephant Outrider doesn't have a P/T.

- Celestian Guardians is a very powerful common. 4 mana for a 4 power flyer is really really scary and will demolish a lot of opponents.

- Eviction Notice needs 'Enchant Creature'.

- Messenger Owl is also really very good for a common. So is Spineshark Skyship. UW Flyers looks like it would be an extremely scary archetype in this format.

- Called Shot is pretty high up the curve for a common too. I get that Competitive Spirit is hard to get on a double black spell, but Impale is already great removal and this is the same, at instant speed, but with an upside that makes it a flat 2 for 1.

- Draconid Initiate - 2/1s for 1 with upside at common is a scary place to be.

- Open Fire is already a card name. Also, this has the same issues as Called Shot where it's good without the Competitive Spirit, and then scarily strong for a common with it.

- Catch On Fire seems underwhelming. I guess it builds red permanents for Spirit, but that's about it.

- Magivore is much better than Caustic Caterpillar, which already sees a lot of play for a common in Commander etc. Seems very very efficient. Also, Beasts are not often 1/1s.

- Jade Army Channelers doesn't look fun to play. If you have green cards, you can only play more green cards, so this doesn't let you splash anything, and splashing colours will happen a lot so this would feel bad to use a lot of the time.

- Manaweave Pendant seems like very poor fixing, compared to stuff like Traveler's Amulet or Elsewhere Flask or Prophetic Prism.

- Azure Archive is very strong - repeatable card advantage / draw engines probably shouldn't be commons.

12. - Top - End - #402
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by enderlord99 View Post
    The impression I got from the flavor text was that this set was specifically focused on the colors being isolated from each other, each being assigned to one of the only(?) 5 cities on the plane.
    Yeah, pretty much. But that doesn't mean that no-one is going to me MC, only that they'd be traders or diplomats at best and outlanders at worst.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    - Competitive Spirit feels difficult to understand at first sight on an ability. It boils down to 'play me in a splash colour, not a primary colour' which is a bit awkward because it means if you're drafting or whatever you'd see good white cards, but being in white actually makes them worse which would feel strange to play imo.
    I'll admit that I hadn't considered draft, but I wanted to make a mechanic that gave the idea of the colours being segregated without actually encouraging monocolour decks (because monocolour already has a built-in advantage).

- Elephant Outrider doesn't have a P/T.
    Oh, oops. It's meant to be a 2/5, I just failed to copy it from my MSE file.

Celestian Guardians is a very powerful common. 4 mana for a 4 power flyer is really really scary and will demolish a lot of opponents.
    Oh, yeah. Let's make it a functional reprint of Assault Griffon and Aven Sentry apart from types.

- Eviction Notice needs 'Enchant Creature'.
    Whoops.

- Messenger Owl is also really very good for a common. So is Spineshark Skyship. UW Flyers looks like it would be an extremely scary archetype in this format.
    Hmm, dropped them to 1/1 and 3/3

Called Shot is pretty high up the curve for a common too. I get that Competitive Spirit is hard to get on a double black spell, but Impale is already great removal and this is the same, at instant speed, but with an upside that makes it a flat 2 for 1.
    Changed it to 3BB

- Draconid Initiate - 2/1s for 1 with upside at common is a scary place to be.
    Changed to 1/1

Open Fire is already a card name. Also, this has the same issues as Called Shot where it's good without the Competitive Spirit, and then scarily strong for a common with it.
    Changed name to Dual Wield and damage to 2 in both cases.

Catch On Fire seems underwhelming. I guess it builds red permanents for Spirit, but that's about it.
    Huh, I was worried that it might be a little pushed at common, with the ability to buff a creature and potentially take off an enemy creature. Then again, looking for similar cards, crackling club seems to be basically strictly better, but there's certainly a lot worse on the same kinds of themes too. Changed it to +2/+0.

Magivore is much better than Caustic Caterpillar, which already sees a lot of play for a common in Commander etc. Seems very very efficient. Also, Beasts are not often 1/1s.
    Changed to 3/3 for 3G

Jade Army Channelers doesn't look fun to play. If you have green cards, you can only play more green cards, so this doesn't let you splash anything, and splashing colours will happen a lot so this would feel bad to use a lot of the time.
    I mean, just because it adds G doesn't mean it can't help you play spineshark skyship if you have 2 or more islands and exactly 5 total lands.

Manaweave Pendant seems like very poor fixing, compared to stuff like Traveler's Amulet or Elsewhere Flask or Prophetic Prism.
    Hmm. It now costs 1, since elsewhere flask is probably the fairest comparison - adding the mana back is usually worse than cantripping, but letting you play mana as though it were any colour is better than just one colour.

Azure Archive is very strong - repeatable card advantage / draw engines probably shouldn't be commons.
    Changed the initial cost to 2 and the draw cost to 8, T.

Thanks for the help!

13. - Top - End - #403
    Ogre in the Playground

I gotta admit, I don't like the Competitive Spirit mechanic. I don't think it will make for a fun play experience.

Angels' Champions CW03 {1}{W}{W}
    First Strike
    Competitive Spirit - CW03 has double strike as long as long as it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    3/1
    A 3 power first striker for 3 is already great at common, add a really strong upside to that and this seems busted for the rarity.

Wings of a Feather CW07 {2}{W}
    Sorcery C
    Create two 1/1 soldier creature tokens with flying.
    Competitive Spirit - Create three of those tokens instead if this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control.
    Why does soldiers have flying?

Angel's Presence CW08 {1}{W}
    Instant C
    Target creature gets +2/+2 until end of turn. You gain 2 life.
    “You can command from the back, or from above, but you can only lead from the front.”
    - Bianca Solar
    Why is this card so bad? It seems like you forgot to give it a keyword (flying, first strike, lifelink).
    As is it'll be fine for W.

Eviction Notice CW10 {2}{W}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Exile enchanted creature at the end of its controller’s turn.
    For some, death in Fort Ivory is better than life in the outlands.
    I don't know, even with a one turn delay this might be pretty strong for a common, unless the limited format is super fast.

Messenger Owl CU03 {2}{U}
    Creature - Bird C
    Flying
    When CU03 dies, draw a card.
    Outlander mages able to cast long-range communication spells are few and far between, so other solutions are necessary.
    1/1
    I understand that you recently nerfed this, but it sucks now. There is a bird in Kharns that does the same but costs 2.

Spineshark Skyship CU04 {4}{U}{U}
    Creature - Fish C
    Flying
    Competitive Spirit - When CU04 attacks, if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control, draw a card.
    Soaring through the air on a colossal flying shark makes even the most professional of commanders a little giddy.
    3/3
    Too flashy for a common.
    Generally, repeatable card draw is uncommon at the least.

Write Off CU05 {1}{U}{U}
    Instant C
    Counter target spell. You may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, scry 1.
    Deflecting a spell into the Verdant forces is easy - the hard part is making it look like an accident.
    The sacrifice feels really tacked on, does too little.

Sprint CU08 {3}{U}
    Sorcery C
    Draw two cards.
    Competitive Spirit - If this spell is none of the most common colors among permanents you control, draw three cards instead.
    Sometimes, the line between charging and racing is blurred.
    It's bad in blue deck, but it's kinda scary to think of a different colored limited deck just playing two or three of these.

Embargo CU09 {U}{U}
    Sorcery C
    Return target land to its owner's hand.
    “When no-one will buy your goods or shelter you on your travels, then you will know for a brief glimmer of a moment what it is like to be an outlander.”
    Wizard doesn't do this.
    It's not that it's too good, it's that it's "land destruction" which is not something they do for less than four mana any more. I know it's not actually land destruction, and it would probably be fine at cmc 3, but at 2 it won't see print.

Gag Order CU10 {U}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Enchanted creature loses all abilities.
    Port Azure has a unique approach to suppression tactics.
    I like this design. It might be too powerful for a common, should maybe cost 1U, I'm not sure.

Avariel Raiders CB02 {1}{B}
    Creature - Elf Scout C
    Flying
    Competitive Spirit - When CB02 enters the battlefield, if it’s none of the most common colors among creatures you control, each opponent loses 1 life and you gain 1 life.
    2/1
    Black doesn't get 2/1 flyers for 1B. White gets 2/1 flyers for 1W, blue very rarely get 2/1 flyers for 1U, though the only ones I know are rare. Black does not get 2/1 flyers for 1B without downsides. It at the very least needs highflying (can only block other flyers).

City Noire Priesthood CB04 {2}{B}
    When CB04 dies, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, each opponent loses 2 life.
    The Vermilion and Azure forces know better than to stand nearby, but for some reason, the message never reached Fort Ivory or Borough Jade.
    3/2
    I understand that you're trying to have a sacrifice theme, but it doesn't work, because all of the sacrifice outlets are just not worth it.

Anoint in Blood CB10 {2}{B}
    Enchantment - Aura C
    Enchant Creature
    Sacrifice another creature: Put a +1/+1 counter on enchanted creature.
    Joining the City Noire priesthood is always difficult, but it’s even harder on your loved ones.
    I might be wrong, but this card seems super bad. Auras are naturally card disadvantage, and this makes even more card disadvantage for a very minor bonus. I would at least expect some form of flat bonus on it or a keyword.

Draconid Initiate CR01 {R}
    Creature - Human Dragon Shaman C
    Competitive Spirit - When CR01 enters the battlefield, if it’s none of the most common colors among permanents you control, it deals 2 damage to target player.
    Draconids don’t always inherit wings, but fire breath makes up for it.
    1/1
    I understand that this card was recently nerfed, rightfully so, but now it sucks. I don't see why anyone would ever play this, even in limited.

Outlander Striker CG03 {1}{G}
    Deathtouch
    “Put all your strength into your strike, and never relent!”
    - Galla, Outlander

1/2
    Why is this card so bad? Make it a 2/2 or just a 2/1 and it's a nice common. OR a 1/3 for the matter.

Legion Assault Wurm CG07 {4}{G}{G}
    Creature - Wurm C
    Trample
    When CG07 enters the battlefield, you may sacrifice a permanent. If you do, put a +1/+1 counter on CG07.
    Friend, foe, food.
    6/6
    The ability is occasionally relevant, more so than some of the others thanks to its high cost, but it still feels incredibly tacked on.
    Even without it the creature might be the best common of its type, as the other I can think of are either 6/5s or lack trample.
    Id say make it a 5/5 and make it two +1/+1 counters.

Love's Devotion CG08 {1}{G}
    Instant C
    Target creature gets +2/+4 until end of turn.
    “To be together, we would have to move to the outlands. Galla promised she would protect me. She never let me down.”
    - Jix, Outlander Mage
    This card is awful. Make it G, or add something more to it.
    I understand that there are cards like it, but those cards almost never see play, even in limited.

Manaweave Pendant CA02 {2}
    Artifact
    Sacrifice CA02: Add C. Until end of turn, you can spend mana as though it were mana of any color.
    Food is necessary in Port Azure, and science is necessary in Borough Jade. Trade between the two is both difficult and controversial, so more palatable solutions had to be invented.
    I'm a bit weary that this is essentially a one mana investment to not care about colors for a turn. It might not matter, but it has a faint possibility of being broken, while having an even fainter possibility of being good outside of that.

Azure Archive CA03 {2}
    Artifact
    T: Add C.
    8, T: Draw a card.
    Thousands of bookshelves line the libraries of Port Azure. Thousands of books line each shelf. Thousands of pages are in each book. Usually, it’s a single page which is vital to your research.
    Pretty much no matter how hard you cost it, repeated card draw is repeated card draw, and doesn't belong on a common, especially not one available in all colors.
    Also a mana rock that just taps for C and does nothing else is probably a fine common on its own.

Fire Siphon CA04 {2}
    Artifact - Equipment C
    Equip {1}
    Equipped creature gets +2/+0 and has reach.
    There are two options: be in range of the flames, or be out of range of the battle.

Amaranthine Shield CA05 {4}
    Artifact - Equipment C
    Equip {3}
    Equipped creature has protection from creatures.
    Traders on the treacherous path that runs from Spire Vermilion to Port Azure have to take extra protections.[/SPOILER]

Any comments, whether it's a difficulty in understanding what's going on fluffwise to balance concerns, would be lovely.[/QUOTE]
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

14. - Top - End - #404
    Ogre in the Playground

It makes for a bit of a dull set if there is only one keyword, and every color has about equal access to it. (And 3-4 commons per color means it's everywhere, all over the place, and I'm not sure it plays well enough to justify it.)
    This signature is boring. The stuff I write might not be. Warning: Ponies.

15. - Top - End - #405

Quote Originally Posted by Ninjaman View Post
    I understand that you're trying to have a sacrifice theme, but it doesn't work, because all of the sacrifice outlets are just not worth it.

The ability is occasionally relevant, more so than some of the others thanks to its high cost, but it still feels incredibly tacked on.
    Even without it the creature might be the best common of its type, as the other I can think of are either 6/5s or lack trample.
    I think the sacrifice tools are there to allow you to manipulate what colours you have Competitive Spirit for at instant speed?

Colossal Dreadmaw is a common 6/6 trample for 4GG.

16. - Top - End - #406
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Gauntlet View Post
    I think the sacrifice tools are there to allow you to manipulate what colours you have Competitive Spirit for at instant speed?
    Most of them aren't even at instant speed though. And then a mechanic of bouncing your own stuff would work far better.

Colossal Dreadmaw is a common 6/6 trample for 4GG.
    You're absolutely right about that. Never mind then.
    Still, even though the bonus is quite minor, Colossal Dreadmaw probably shouldn't be printed with a bonus, unless the format it is in is super fast.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.

Extended signature

17. - Top - End - #407
    Banned

I gotta admit, I don't like the Competitive Spirit mechanic. I don't think it will make for a fun play experience.
    Having tested it a little, I kinda like how it plays out. I admit to wanting to do more playtesting so that I have some better ideas.

A 3 power first striker for 3 is already great at common, add a really strong upside to that and this seems busted for the rarity.
    Changed to 2/1

Why does soldiers have flying?
    Because they're celestians, is the idea.

Why is this card so bad? It seems like you forgot to give it a keyword (flying, first strike, lifelink).
    As is it'll be fine for W.
    It doesn't seem awful compared to Battlewise Valor, for example, but I'll change the life increase to 4 to make it a more major additional upside.

I don't know, even with a one turn delay this might be pretty strong for a common, unless the limited format is super fast.
    Oblivion Strike costs 1 more and exiles immediately, and is generally considered nice, but not amazing. Given the number of sacrifice outlets Isoquar has even so far, I don't think it's gonna be that strong - and exile target creature with limitation or downside seems to be priced at around 2M (Angelic Purge, Complete Disregard, Exile, Lawbringer, Lightbringer, Pillar of Light). The chance that your opponent neither has any sac outlets nor would gain any benefit from one last swing is low enough that I'm willing to risk Eviction Notice at 2W.

I understand that you recently nerfed this, but it sucks now. There is a bird in Kharns that does the same but costs 2.
    Messenger Owl is now 1/2.

Too flashy for a common.
    Generally, repeatable card draw is uncommon at the least.
    Spineshark Skyship's competitive spirit is now on ETB.

The sacrifice feels really tacked on, does too little.
    Made it Scry 2.

It's bad in blue deck, but it's kinda scary to think of a different colored limited deck just playing two or three of these.
    Sprint is now 2UU to make it a little less splashy. Obviously I'm fine with competitive spirit cards being bad in monocolour.

Wizard doesn't do this.
    It's not that it's too good, it's that it's "land destruction" which is not something they do for less than four mana any more. I know it's not actually land destruction, and it would probably be fine at cmc 3, but at 2 it won't see print.
    Rubble costs 3, and Embargo seems to be less powerful and costs a card. I've made it return 2 lands for 3UU

I like this design. It might be too powerful for a common, should maybe cost 1U, I'm not sure.
    I'll keep it as-is for now.

Black doesn't get 2/1 flyers for 1B. White gets 2/1 flyers for 1W, blue very rarely get 2/1 flyers for 1U, though the only ones I know are rare. Black does not get 2/1 flyers for 1B without downsides. It at the very least needs highflying (can only block other flyers).
    Avariel Raiders are now 2/2 for 2B

Made it each opponent loses 3 life, but really, the point isn't for them to be universally worth it (also generally, in the playtests, I found that the inlander player tended to target now-superfluous lands during the lategame).

I might be wrong, but this card seems super bad. Auras are naturally card disadvantage, and this makes even more card disadvantage for a very minor bonus. I would at least expect some form of flat bonus on it or a keyword.
    Hmm, it now costs 1B and grants lifelink.

I understand that this card was recently nerfed, rightfully so, but now it sucks. I don't see why anyone would ever play this, even in limited.
    Competitive spirit now targets any target.

Why is this card so bad? Make it a 2/2 or just a 2/1 and it's a nice common. OR a 1/3 for the matter.
    I'd have thought that 1/2 was better than 2/1 for a deathtouch card. But I've given it a toughness pump ability.

Good call; done that.

This card is awful. Make it G, or add something more to it.
    I understand that there are cards like it, but those cards almost never see play, even in limited.
    I mean, I've seen almost strictly worse cards played - and it's a common; it's not meant to be groundbreakingly powerful.

I'm a bit weary that this is essentially a one mana investment to not care about colors for a turn. It might not matter, but it has a faint possibility of being broken, while having an even fainter possibility of being good outside of that.
    I'm at a loss for what to do with this card, at this point.

Pretty much no matter how hard you cost it, repeated card draw is repeated card draw, and doesn't belong on a common, especially not one available in all colors.
    Also a mana rock that just taps for C and does nothing else is probably a fine common on its own.
    Changed the draw ability to draw 1 pitch 1 (which does appear at common) for 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Silfir View Post
    It makes for a bit of a dull set if there is only one keyword, and every color has about equal access to it. (And 3-4 commons per color means it's everywhere, all over the place, and I'm not sure it plays well enough to justify it.)
    I'm not sure what other keyword to put in the set, honestly, but since it probably ought to be a large set (especially since everything is a large set now) there's room for a bunch more commons so it's hardly too late to add another one if you've any ideas.

Thanks for the help, people!

18. - Top - End - #408
    Ogre in the Playground

You could play with devotion as a secondary keyword that seems to keep in theme. Devotion splashing for competitive spirit at least feels neat in my head.

19. - Top - End - #409
    Ogre in the Playground

Because they're celestians, is the idea.
    Okay, shouldn't they be spirit soldiers or something then?

It doesn't seem awful compared to Battlewise Valor, for example, but I'll change the life increase to 4 to make it a more major additional upside.
    You seem to be forgetting that Battlewise Valor was in a set with heroic.
    I guess it's fine now, wouldn't call it a major upside though, there are cards that give +2/+2 and lifelink, which will usually net you more life.

Oblivion Strike costs 1 more and exiles immediately, and is generally considered nice, but not amazing. Given the number of sacrifice outlets Isoquar has even so far, I don't think it's gonna be that strong - and exile target creature with limitation or downside seems to be priced at around 2M (Angelic Purge, Complete Disregard, Exile, Lawbringer, Lightbringer, Pillar of Light). The chance that your opponent neither has any sac outlets nor would gain any benefit from one last swing is low enough that I'm willing to risk Eviction Notice at 2W.
    Oblivion Strike is black, and also better than the black common removal spells they are printing now.
    Sacrifice outlets don't matter that much which this, as it would with pacifism.
    Angelic Purge is card disadvantage.
    Complete Disregard has a quite large restriction.
    Lightbringer is limited to one color, and also is too old to base any design on.
    Have you played Pillar of light? In the format it was in it wasn't very good.

I think this is better than all the cards you mentioned.

It might be fine, but I'll be weary of it.

Rubble costs 3,
    Rubble isn't "land destruction" though, it only limits you one turn.

and Embargo seems to be less powerful and costs a card. I've made it return 2 lands for 3UU
    That's probably safe, but I still don't like the card.

Made it each opponent loses 3 life, but really, the point isn't for them to be universally worth it (also generally, in the playtests, I found that the inlander player tended to target now-superfluous lands during the lategame).
    At three it seem worth. Potential to be powerful, but at a cost.

Hmm, it now costs 1B and grants lifelink.
    Might be fine then, unsure if there is enough sac fodder.

I'd have thought that 1/2 was better than 2/1 for a deathtouch card.
    It's not. It only profitably blocks 1/Xs. A 2/1 swings quite effectively, since it's hard to block.

But I've given it a toughness pump ability.
    I don't think green does butt breathing, but I might be wrong.

I mean, I've seen almost strictly worse cards played - and it's a common; it's not meant to be groundbreakingly powerful.
    Where? Titanic Growth was never an over powered card, and this sucks hard in comparison.

I'm at a loss for what to do with this card, at this point.
    Remove it.
    Rule 1# of design: Kill your darlings.

Changed the draw ability to draw 1 pitch 1 (which does appear at common) for 3.
    Looting is fine.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the shield.
    Protection from creatures on a reusable common is a massive no go.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

20. - Top - End - #410
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm toying with the idea a viking themed human tribe whose central mechanic is "pillage", like this guy:

Could that work? Its not meant to be game winning, more like Ingest from BfZ, giving fuel for later abilities, like a creatrue with "Whenever a counter is placed on a land an opponent controls, create a treasure" and things like that. Though unlike Ingest, this could also screw over your plans for a turn, especially early game. I understand Wizards is careful about printing cards that screw with the mana producing capabilities of basic lands, but there is precedent with land enchantments. Do you think this could work?
    "It doesn't matter how much you struggle or strive,
    You'll never get out of life alive,
    So please kill yourself and save this land,
    And your last mission is to spread my command,"

Slightly adapted quote from X-Fusion, Please Kill Yourself

21. - Top - End - #411
    Titan in the Playground

Could that work?
    You worded your ability weirdly. If you put a marker on a mountain that provides (N) instead of its usual (R) there is no upgrade. I would certainly just say: "Put a +1/+1 counter on Seasonal Raider" plus "Tap: Remove a +1/+1 counter from Seasonal Raider, gain any type of mana any of your lands can produce".

Also honestly viking raiders are not white imho. They're red and occasionally black.
    Last edited by Spore; 2018-08-16 at 06:49 AM.

22. - Top - End - #412
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Sporeegg View Post
    You worded your ability weirdly. If you put a marker on a mountain that provides (N) instead of its usual (R) there is no upgrade. I would certainly just say: "Put a +1/+1 counter on Seasonal Raider" plus "Tap: Remove a +1/+1 counter from Seasonal Raider, gain any type of mana any of your lands can produce".
    Possible I worded it wrong, but I think i got it right (though maybe clunky). Its not making your lands better, it making your opponents land's worse for a turn. They can only produce colourless mana with it.

Also honestly viking raiders are not white imho. They're red and occasionally black.
    Its not going to be monowhite, rather white/red. Because they were disciplined warriors, and human. Bad by modern sure, but every culture from the time is bad by modern standards.
    Last edited by Boci; 2018-08-16 at 06:54 AM.

23. - Top - End - #413
    Ogre in the Playground

Well, according to Saskia, the Unyielding they are everything but blue.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show

Extended signature

24. - Top - End - #414
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

That fits. Deep thinking is the one thing from the colour pie that I don't associate with the vikings. Aggression, greed, discipline, even a close relationship with nature all yes, but knowledge? Wasn't exactly an emphasis of their culture.
    Last edited by Boci; 2018-08-16 at 08:29 AM.

25. - Top - End - #415
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Boci View Post
    Aggression, greed, discipline, even a close relationship with nature all yes, but knowledge? Wasn't exactly an emphasis of their culture.
    They were famously seafarers, so not having any blue seems odd to me.
    (I also disagree about their supposed disregard for knowledge.
    The Hávamál has many things to say on the value of wisdom.)

On the other hand, Ragnar is Green, White and Blue.

26. - Top - End - #416
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Eskil View Post
    They were famously seafarers, so not having any blue seems odd to me.
    The geography aspect of the land colour is always a bit tenous. Several Tarkir tribes had colours unrelated to their eniroment (the Mardu and Kologhan for example being black despite living in arid half-deserts), whilst the Ojutai continued to live in the mountains even after their dragonlord purge red from their thinking. On Ravnica, Orhoz have no particular interaction with plains, and the swamp aspect feels a little forced.

(I also disagree about their supposed disregard for knowledge.
    The Hávamál has many things to say on the value of wisdom.)
    Every culture is had some form of knowledge, but one book does not a library make.
    Last edited by Boci; 2018-08-16 at 01:28 PM.

27. - Top - End - #417
    Dwarf in the Playground

The geography aspect of the land colour is always a bit tenous. Several Tarkir tribes had colours unrelated to their eniroment (the Mardu and Kologhan for example being black despite living in arid half-deserts), whilst the Ojutai continued to live in the mountains even after their dragonlord purge red from their thinking. On Ravnica, Orhoz have no particular interaction with plains, and the swamp aspect feels a little forced.
    Three groups who's ideological colour identity does not indicate where they live, and one group who's home environment is reflected in their colour identity despite their ideology?

Every culture is had some form of knowledge, but one book does not a library make.
    Yet you single out this culture as one with no connection to Blue. It really irritates me.

(I feel myself getting angrier over this than I ought to, and I have already stated my disagreement.
    Let my last words on this be that I wish you the best of luck with your tribebuilding.)

Also, I can't see the examplecard (?) you posted.
    I'm toying with the idea a viking themed human tribe whose central mechanic is "pillage", like this guy:

28. - Top - End - #418
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Yet you single out this culture as one with no connection to Blue. It really irritates me.
    Since I've only talked about vikings and no other culture and was only responding to an already printed card, no I haven't singled them out. Every culture will have some connection to every colour. Real life cultures tend to be quite fleshed out and diverse, not hyper focused for convienient identity like magic has them. As it happens, viking culture emphasized blue the least. They were fierce and disciplined warriors and raiders, and were rather closely connected to nature. Ideologically blue is the least relevant colour to their culture.

Also, I can't see the examplecard (?) you posted.
    Hmmmm. What about this link? https://i.imgur.com/iQtSX0o.png
    Last edited by Boci; 2018-08-16 at 03:38 PM.

29. - Top - End - #419
    Ettin in the Playground

A note: imgur does not allow images hosted there to appear on gitp. Yes, this sucks. No, there's nothing to do about it.
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

30. - Top - End - #420
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Ah, that's annoying. But, why can I see it?

Anyway -

Seasonal Raider - {1}{W}
    Pillage: Whenever Seasonal Raider deals combat damage to a player, put a pillage counter on target land that player controlls. A land with a pillage counter on it is a Wastes and gains "{t}, remove a pillage counter from this permenent: add {c}."
    2/2