Page 30 of 30 FirstFirst ... 52021222324252627282930
  1. - Top - End - #871
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Magic The Gathering Thread XXIII: Modern is Dead, Long Live Modern

Is anyone familiar with a certain parody card that, while nowhere near printable for black-border, would almost work in silver-border, the biggest problem being that a card's name is not considered part of its text?

I believe it was called "Great Ttargeter."
    Spoiler: Previous avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Vanity quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Strigon View Post
    Wow.
    That took a very sudden turn for the dark.

I salute you.
    Quote Originally Posted by AuthorGirl View Post
    I wish it was possible to upvote here.

I use braces (also known as "curly brackets") to indicate sarcasm.
    Explanation here.

2. - Top - End - #872
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

Just finished something I've been working on for two months. I analyzed shuffling in a million games.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

3. - Top - End - #873
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Douglas View Post
    Just finished something I've been working on for two months. I analyzed shuffling in a million games.
    Wow, congrats! I'm looking at it now but wanted to say this looks really cool!
    The name is "tonberrian", even when it begins a sentence. It's magic, I ain't gotta 'splain why.

Rick Venture avatar by kpenguin, his GM.

4. - Top - End - #874
    Titan in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Really impressive! It matches some of the assumptions pros online have had about land distribution changing by number in deck, it is 😎 to have confirmation.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glyphstone View Post
    Vibranium: If it was on the periodic table, its chemical symbol would be "Bs".

5. - Top - End - #875
    Titan in the Playground

It is nice to know from your study that it's not just me and I do seem to get mana screwed proportionally more when I keep 2-land hands in Limited than I probably should.
    Last edited by tgva8889; 2019-03-17 at 02:29 AM.
    Thanks to araveugnitsuga for my Pika-tar!
    5e: Orianna OOC IC
    PTU: Alyssa OOC IC

6. - Top - End - #876
    Ogre in the Playground

As people in the comments of the reddit post have already said, your research would have greatly benefited from a proper hypothesis.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature

7. - Top - End - #877
    Ogre in the Playground

Probably a bit too much harking for its own good. But not bad.
    Copy this to your signature if you love Jade_Tarem, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Extra Anchovies View Post
    A 20th-level fighter should be able to break rainbows in half with their bare hands and then dual-wield the parts of the rainbow.

Dual-wield the rainbow. Taste the rainbow.

8. - Top - End - #878
    Surgebinder in the Playground Moderator

While I think my results are strong enough to be considered significant already, I am seriously considering resetting the aggregation, starting it from the point just after I took all those screenshots, and trying to do a more formalized and strict followup analysis. I would state in advance a number of things I would look for in exacting detail, guided by the discrepancies and trends I found the first time, and then check how well the new data fits them. If you have any suggestions or requests regarding this, please post them.
    Like 4X (aka Civilization-like) gaming? Know programming? Interested in game development? Take a look.

Archives:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Saberhagen's Twelve Swords, some homebrew artifacts for 3.5 (please comment)
    Isstinen Tonche for ECL 74 playtesting.
    Team Solars: Powergaming beyond your wildest imagining, without infinite loops or epic. Yes, the DM asked for it.
    Arcane Swordsage: Making it actually work (homebrew)

9. - Top - End - #879
    Ogre in the Playground

While I think my results are strong enough to be considered significant already, I am seriously considering resetting the aggregation, starting it from the point just after I took all those screenshots, and trying to do a more formalized and strict followup analysis. I would state in advance a number of things I would look for in exacting detail, guided by the discrepancies and trends I found the first time, and then check how well the new data fits them. If you have any suggestions or requests regarding this, please post them.
    My only one would be to post the hypothesis and method on reddit, and possibly here, for critique/correction before you begin.
    Quotes
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Cizak View Post
    I'm gonna be against the flow here and say outlined.

What? Everyone else are against the flow too, okay?
    In the grim statistics of the far future, there is only math.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    Most Hilarious Murderer in the Playground. Both his episodes of hysterically ending my life left me chuckling even hours later when I thought about them.
    And more in the extended signature!

Extended signature