New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default I don't know what to call this but my computer is being weird

So, i have an HP laptop running windows. It runs fine, but every day or two at around 10:00 it restarts for no reason and my Wacom Intuos driver is uninstalled. help?

I like to create builds and see them as optimized as powerful. I also have an annoying habit of having gratuitous character ideas and used to regularly ask to switch them out, or ask for small, against-the-rules, caveats to see a character come to completion without being hopelessly useless.
    While I have kicked a few of these habits, or at least slowed them, I try to keep all of my builds/ideas across as few, as official, and as popular rulebooks as possible as to avoid annoying everyone else.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: I don't know what to call this but my computer is being weird

Quote Originally Posted by stewstew5 View Post
    So, i have an HP laptop running windows. It runs fine, but every day or two at around 10:00 it restarts for no reason and my Wacom Intuos driver is uninstalled. help?
    Hm... Sounds weird indeed. Shot in the dark: it's your daily automated virus scan and it decides to remove driver for reasons of its own? Or it's an actual virus screwing with you.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ogre in the Playground

ElfPirate

Default Re: I don't know what to call this but my computer is being weird

It's possible that a newer verison of Win10 (you don't say but am guessing) isn't compatible with the driver. And the 10 clock is when you have your scheduled "downtime" so it tries to fix something.

The newest Fall Creators Edition does fancy stuff with pens and such it's very possible the new smart drawing system or what the erk it's called isn't properly working with your device.

I'd have poke at the Windows Update logs see if it does something at about that time. And also, uninstall old drivers and reinstall fresh new ones.