New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

Default Any Urban Gothic Fantasy Vampire literature or online stories with a Female lead?

I wonder if there's any existing literature or any stories written online (or even webcomics) that anyone knows of any Urban Gothic Horror Noir Fantasy that has a Female Vampire Protagonist that especially isn't romance heavy at all and passes the Bechdel test?

I know one of them is Sonya Blue series by Nancy A Colins but even though she's a Dhampyr hunting other Vampires which isn't really what I'm looking for since what I'm really looking for in a specific premise is a woman turned into a Vampire and she tries to cope of with (like she may have accidentally drained someone dry that she didn't mean to and she remorsefully regrets it while hiding from cops or something like this picture) and then afterwords she joins a gang of Vampires who pretty much teach her how to survive as a Vampire which they hunt in packs while they have a normal kinship as they drift in the night, hanging in nightclubs for "drinks" and hunting in groups...until Vampire politics get in the way with the Century old Elders in their ivory towers which goes full Gothic Punk from there.

Which meanwhile her mortal relatives and friends are looking for her....

Basically I wonder if any Vampire related like this exists which is basically Lost Boys/Near Dark with a recently turned Female Vampire protagonist who firsts struggles and copes with her recent condition but later in the story indulges in her vampiric nature and prowess or did I just described your typical VtM game? Especially I like the Vampires in sunglasses at midnight (probably because it hides the red glowing eyes they have sometimes) Leather Jackets and Trenchcoats and gothic aesthetics especially the atmosphere of raining cities, gargoyles, gothic architecture, urban jungles, graffiti, etc.

Basically I'm looking for any Vampire stories that has the Modern Outcast Vampires vs the Nobility of especially privileged class and century old Vampires pretty much which mean while Mortals like Vampire Hunters and Mortal relatives are on their tale (sometimes a combination of both) especially since it's fascinating from a Vampires perspective on Vampire Hunters on their tale especially the shock from the protagonist where she gets burned by a cross or holy water especially having the cross burn print on her forehead while her going "no this isn't happening" or "oh **** you God" or something like that.
    Last edited by Bloodtomb; 2018-02-20 at 01:45 AM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Any Urban Gothic Fantasy Vampire literature or online stories with a Female lead?

I guess some of the fiction White Wolf released could qualify? It's kinda mediocre writing, from what I remember, but I guess it satisfies the aesthetic you are looking for.
    "In defeat, malice; in victory, revenge!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Captnq View Post
    Roleplay liking each other or GET OUT. Because I've had it up to my eyeballs with REAL role-players and their "concept" being more important then the rules, fun, and the other players