New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb EVERYBODY come and help me undestand somethings. Please!

I would like to thank everyone that should come and see this post, forgive me if anything of what I write may be wrong or bad english.

So lets start. I will write a book some time soon and have some questions and I need help.

First Every RPG should be clear to show the player in some ways like MIND/BODY/SOUL

Mind should be usual show like INTELLIGENCE / WILL POWER / WISDOM ANY OTHER?

If we use intelligence as some major status we should need to break it in to Intellect and Psychic
    Intellect the way we deal with real things and Psychic the way we deal with un-natural things.

Will power should be as Intelligence and break it in to Sanity, personality, resolve, mental resistance, focus, discipline.

wisdom as well as both before break it in to common sense, intuition, perception/ insight .

The mind will work with information and the small portion is knowledge and the full is lore.

Now I need the help of you people how the status would make a magic class cast with fast cast speed, duration, and others effect. Can you lend me a hand and help me think about please.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ettin in the Playground

BardGuy

Default Re: EVERYBODY come and help me undestand somethings. Please!

Are you trying to write a book (as in, fiction literature) or a Roleplaying Game rulebook (like the D&D Player's Handbook)?

If an RPG, I think the breakdown of stats you have is a bit too clunky to really be inviting to most players. The tri-stat system has been done by some existent games, and it's reasonable to break down one of those into subcategories... but you have 3 or 4 levels of nesting going on, which is a bit hard to comprehend.

If literature... and well, for an RPG, too... think about what magic system you want, how you want casters to work in the setting, and such and base the mechanics and metaphysics on that.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: EVERYBODY come and help me undestand somethings. Please!

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    Are you trying to write a book (as in, fiction literature) or a Roleplaying Game rulebook (like the D&D Player's Handbook)?

If an RPG, I think the breakdown of stats you have is a bit too clunky to really be inviting to most players. The tri-stat system has been done by some existent games, and it's reasonable to break down one of those into subcategories... but you have 3 or 4 levels of nesting going on, which is a bit hard to comprehend.

If literature... and well, for an RPG, too... think about what magic system you want, how you want casters to work in the setting, and such and base the mechanics and metaphysics on that.
    Hm... I think you fell for a bot here. Or someone whose English is.. Pretty terrible. No offense, op, but if you want a reply I think you need to phrase your question better.
    If you're a bot... Try harder.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental