New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111227 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 66: Order up!

Front Gate

The rider looks down at the masked man, blinking behind her helm a bit in both surprise and confusion. "Are...are you serious?" She asks, sounding skeptical at the thought of a man armed with a pen knife trying to stop her and her mount. "I am Brokenfang, Raidleader of The Scourge. As for what we're doing, isn't that obvious enough?" She asks, giving a sweeping gesture at the city with a gauntleted hand. "We have come to appropriate some of this city's fine goods. If you insist upon a fight however, I am sorry to upset you but we won't be staying that long." She gives a small shrug and her wolf mount begins to walk on, attempting to bypass the superhero.

Ithuriel

The smaller bikes will weave around the woman as she begins to walk out into the road, but the truck itself slows to a stop a good twenty feet away. The driver, clearly upset, pokes his head out of the window. "Are ya crazy, ya daft woman?" He shouts, reaching up to remove his sunglasses so he can actually look at her with surprisingly bright green eyes. "Do ya have any idea how stupid it is ta just outright an' go walkin' in the road like that? By the stars, if I were a twitchy blighter ya coulda caused us to plow right into a buildin' or something! We ain't here to start no fight an' we haven't even fired a bloody shot and don't plan to and yer claimin' we're attackin'? Git outta tha road before ya cause an accident!"

Elsewhere

The other trucks continue on without issue, flanked by their outriders and scouts. No one opens fire from the vehicles, seeming content to just drive around to get to their destinations. One is heading right for the Markets, another for The Slums, and the last is heading up for The Spire.

((OOC: I asked Shrimp, and he said that Ithuriel isn't close enough for Wayne to see or talk to since the trucks have already gotten past the front gate. Also, just a friendly reminder but do remember Post Order. )

2. - Top - End - #32
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate
    The rat-masked man seems to smirk. "I don't think this is legal. Looks like I'll just slow you down until backup arrives." He twists the lid off the tin can, then throws its contents over the wolf. A clot of manure flies toward the wolf's side. Squirming within it are many tiny white worms.

The worms are parasitic, and although not lethal, when they come into contact with living flesh, they will burrow into it, a process which is exceedingly painful. The superhero intends to cause the wolf to falter or buck its rider in pain.

The superhero draws a coil of rope from beneath his coat. On the end is a crude grappling hook made from a number of rusty tools lashed together.
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

3. - Top - End - #33
    Halfling in the Playground

[The Angel and the Trucker]

"Spiked armour, riders armed with nets and harpoons, big heavily armoured trucks? Attack might be a strong word, granted, but you're certainly up to no good. And frankly with all the gear on display, who knows what else might be hiding in your vehicle?" Ithuriel folds her arms and shakes her head disappointedly, slowly advancing towards the truck. She keeps her eyes locked on the driver the whole time. "For all I know, you could be slavers. You've certainly got the equipment for it. And your giant wolf-riding leader doesn't exactly look like she's here to make friends. So I figured the least I could do is stop one truck from causing trouble."

Ithuriel's eyes narrow and she spreads her wings as wide as she can, doing her best to physically block off the road. She's got quite an impressive wingspan, mind you, so there might not be enough space to easily get round her - but I don't know exactly how wide Inside's roads are. "And I know exactly what I'm doing. If you guys had done anything violent, I wouldn't be doing this peacefully. I'd be ripping your trucks apart. So I'm going to tell you again: back off and leave! You may think I'm crazy for doing this but, boy, you'd have to be insane to **** with an angel!" Those last few words carry an impressive weight behind them, causing the ground to rumble slightly as her voice washes over the trucker like rolling thunder.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Gate

The massive wolf is hit by the manure and worms, and just stands still for a moment while he watches the worms attempt to burrow through the thick fur and bony armor. When a few do manage to do so, a low growl can be heard and even Brokenfang pauses at the growl. "I think you've made him angry." She states before slipping off of her mount when the air around the wolf grows bonechillingly cold. The worms will be frozen in short time as the wolf's body temperature grows colder than mountain ice, and once they are frozen it only takes a small flex of muscle to crush them. Insolent whelp. A gravely voice that sounds eerily close to two boulders smashing against one another reverberates through the air. It seems to come from the wolf even though his mouth doesn't move. It seems to cut right into the hero's mind. You dare sully my hide with such filth?!? He asks, roaring in fury right at the superhero before he begins to pad slowly around the man, as if he were about to pounce. Run, little man. Do not make this easy for me.

Brokenfang just stands back to watch, unconcerned in her power armor as she coordinates her teams and answers question.

Angry Angel - Anger Avenue

The driver just stares at her a bit before giving an exasperated sigh. "Do ya really think yellin' at us is gonna get us to stop?" He asks, genuinely curious. "Look here, just 'cause yer an angel and all don't mean that you get any special privilege over us by my thinkin'. Just take a gander about, lass. There's angels, demons, dragons, devilfolk, and even a few mythical lawyers about these parts. Declaring yourself an angel don't mean squat. But if yer afraid we're slavers or the like, just take a look in the back. No cages, whips, or anythin' of the like there." He explains, pointing his thumb in the back. "I can even 'ave one of my guys open it for ya."

The Markets

The truck and bikes that head to the Markets is the first of the three on the move to actually get to their destination. It slows to a crawl as the bikes begin roughing the place up and grabbing anything that's not bolted down. Food mostly, but tons of cloth, metal, jewelry, minor magic items, and even household items like grills, cooking utensils, pots, pans, detergents, and more. Not really the classical raider targets, but the riders are organized and well-practiced as every item they nab makes its way into the back of the massive truck. The back of the truck is empty but for some shelving and hooks to hang things on, and a team of four begin stacking things in a neat and organized manner.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate

The superhero looks unconcerned about the winter wolf stalking around him. He's fought people who act the same way before, only they were gangsters, not wolves. The penknife disappears, and in his hand is another can. He dips the end of the grapnel in the contents, then splashes the rest over the wolf. It's pretty obvious what it is, the smell of gasoline is fairly distinct. The superhero's free hand darts into his coat to retrieve another item.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #36
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    Finding Lodging

"I have no possessions, and I'm not willing to give away my clothing." Fortunately, Makuro recognises the English alphabet, and will point out anywhere that looks interesting.

As I came up with their last destination in Peaceview Park, I think it's your turn.
    Finding Lodging

Though it takes some time, Makuro and Keiko are eventually able to find a cheap-looking motel with a sign reading Kushiro Inn. Though the building looks modern, there is no parking lot to be seen - instead, there is a large garden where asphalt may have once been.

Bayt Alshshay

The sign on this cozy little building in a Grey Zone market is written in Arabic lettering, and most people simply pass the place by. But Iamar enters through the crickety door, and steps in, unbuckling her sword and placing it on a small table, where it quickly withdraws into a drawer.

She looks back towards her companion. "We are free to find our own place to sit - a staffer shall be with us in time."

7. - Top - End - #37

[Technically not Angry Angel. Yet.]

"Um, yes? Standing in front of you and talking seems to be working pretty well at the moment, and as long as you keep up this non-violent shtick and I stand in the way of your truck, seems to me like it will keep on working." Ithuriel smiles as she reaches the front of the truck and leans rather casually on it, still keeping her eyes fixed on the driver. "Declaring myself an angel means plenty. It means you should know you can't get past me by force. And I'm hardly going to take a look at what's in the back, am I? You'll drive away as soon as I move aside." She gives him a look, wondering if he really thinks she's that stupid. "Go home, wise guy. I've successfully foiled your part of the plan by standing in front of you."
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

8. - Top - End - #38
    Orc in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

Makuro will point it out, and lead the way. She has a rough idea of where to find the owner to sort out lodging, and hopes it's not the sort of establishment that charges rent by the hour, not the day.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

9. - Top - End - #39
    Ogre in the Playground

Front Gate

The wolf sidesteps some of the gas and wrinkles its nose when it smells what it is. Despite the fuel on its flank, the moment the hero is distracted by searching for something the horse-size wolf lunges forward, attempting to snap his jaws shut on the hero's legs in an attempt to yank him off of his feet.

Brokenfang on the other hand simply calls for one of the outrider bikes to return and pick her up. It won't arrive just yet but it won't be long before she makes her escape. She seems perfectly alright with letting her wolf friend handle the hero in the meantime.

Mildly Upset Angel

The driver blinks a bit, somewhat confused before sighing and leaning out of his window once more, as if he's bored and weary of this. "A'ight, so which is it? Do ya want us to stop drivin' or return home? Can't have both, lass." He points out. "And you bein' an angel don't mean jack-squat, powerful or otherwise." He adds before thumbing up on top of the cab of the truck. "If ya got that much of an issue, just hop on top an' I'll go nice an' slow out the front gates then." He offers. Around them however, the bikes have all vanished while the angel deals with the truck.

Markets

Cages of poultry, a box of pug pups for sale, and even a particularly angry looking baby Giant Crab are all put into the back of the truck as no one comes to stop them. As practiced and efficient as the raiders are, it takes only a few moments before the truck is filled up and closed. Any signs of resistance are swiftly quelled by displaying assault rifles and machine pistols, but no one fires a shot or even attempts to harm any of the merchants or bystanders. Almost as quickly as it began, the thievery ends and the truck moves on with the bikes.

Spire

The bikers and truck headed to the Spire slow to a stop in front of a small warehouse. It had taken time and effort to scout this particular product, but it was going to be their's shortly. There was a distinct lack of security except for a padlock, and a simple bolt-cutter is enough to remove that roadbump. Inside are dozens of wooden crates, none labelled, but after the truck is backed up to the warehouse entrance the raiders take their time to load up a mere pair of them.

Red Zone/Slums

Unlike the other trucks and bikes, these are far more aggressive with what they want. The bikes storm the alleys, rounding up stray men and women of any race. There's no particular rhyme or reason to their choices, as long as the individual isn't too young or old. Families seem to be avoided, but the individuals are snagged by nets if they run, and cuffed if they don't. This particular group was far more keen on taking people rather than just property, but they seem to mostly target the homeless and the like. Those who are unlikely to be missed by friends or family.

10. - Top - End - #40
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate
    The hero grins. He has the wolf right where he wants him. He lets himself be pulled down and pulls his hand out of his coat, holding something. A match. In one deft movement, he lights the match and attempts to strike the wolf with it, right where the gasoline has soaked in.

My Nexus characters

11. - Top - End - #41
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    Cassidy dashes forward in a serpentine pattern, before jumping right on the big woman's riot shield - how she has balance like that is anyone's guess, though it probably has to do with her adept powers. She levels her pistol at the goon's face before firing two shots and jumping away again, hoping to make it out of KABAL territory. She was brash, not stupid. She knew she was outgunned here.
    [KABAL territory]

The hog grunts in surprise, only to be shot in the head a moment later, falling down on the street with a loud thump.

"Wow! That was awesome! I didn't realize MERC members were akin to super-heroes." The eye, which still follows her, remarks. "No wonder you went here along without back up."

12. - Top - End - #42

[Disgruntled Angel]

Ithuriel sighs and leans forward...and flicks a wing round to try and give the driver a light feather-smack on the head. "Watch your tone, wise guy. Put the truck in reverse and back it up out of the gate. I'll be riiight here in front of you the whole time. Now get a move on, or do I need to give you a push?" She folds her arms once more, but keeps leaning against the vehicle, just in case the driver gets any funny ideas.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Gate

The wolf's fur is lit on fire upon his left flank, and even though there is the distinctive stench of burning fur, the wolf does not panic. Since the would-be hero was grabbed, the wolf tightens his jaws around the man's left leg and gives it a hard twist, attempting to try and break the leg at the knee. It's certainly possible for him to escape somehow, but the wolf's jaws are extremely powerful and filled with sharp teeth the size of daggers.

Near by, one of the heavy motorbikes drives up, coming to a halt for Brokenfang to settle down upon. She looks fairly ridiculous upon the machine as her over-sized body makes it look downright dainty in comparison. "Don't forget the rule, Prince!" She calls back as her driver carries her away. "Don't kill him! I'll see you at home!" She adds. Unless somehow prevented from doing so, she and her driver will vanish into the alleyways.

An Irritatingly Irked Angel

The driver gives a shrug and shoves his passenger in the shoulder. The man awakens with a grumble and removes his bandana to reach up and scratch his panther ears. "Steve, hop on out and guide us back towards the gate. Can't see crap with these small mirrors. Make sure I don't hit anythin'." The driver says. Still grumbling, the cat-man slips out, shuts the passenger door, and pulls his pants up so he can walk without trouble. He mentions about having to get a belt some day, but eventually he gets a distance behind the truck so the driver can see. The angel gets to see the man use hand signals to back the truck up without issue. It's slow going, but they'll reach the gate eventually.

The Spire

With the two crates loaded up, the truck is closed and a new padlock is applied to the warehouse door to keep it shut. While the raiders couldn't really be called nice folk, they were at least courteous enough to keep all the other fabbers inside of the warehouse secure. It'd give less reason for the owners to come after them later. Loaded up, shut up, and readied up, this truck and group of bikes begins to drive off towards their escape.

Red Zone/Slums

In the end, there are two dozen taken. Many are worse for wear such as druggies or those who are sick, but the raiders seem not to care. In fact, they seem to be more proud of taking such people than those who are healthier. Each one is bound and blindfolded as they are loaded up, and once the back is sealed, a heavy padlock is placed on the door. Without a word, the truck and bikers are on the move once more, heading deeper into the city and towards their escape like the others.

14. - Top - End - #44
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate
    The superhero is relieved to know the wolf isn't allowed to kill him. Even so, he keeps fighting. His twists his body as Prince wrenches his leg, minimizing the damage. He then slides beneath the oversized wolf, attempting to tie one end of the grappling hook around a front paw. "What are you up to? I saw the harpoons, I presume you're slavers. I doubt many people would appreciate being kidnapped, whatever the reason."

My Nexus characters

15. - Top - End - #45

Kushiro Inn

Makuro will point it out, and lead the way. She has a rough idea of where to find the owner to sort out lodging, and hopes it's not the sort of establishment that charges rent by the hour, not the day.
    The lobby is empty, for the most part. Sitting behind the front desk is a young tiefling man, lazily flipping through a book.

Keiko is taken aback by the appearance of the desk clerk, but shakes her initial shock away as she approaches. "E-Excuse me, ah, sir? My friend and I are looking for lodging, and we..."
    "Sixty dollars a night after you check in." The clerk doesn't even look up from his book.
    Keiko looks back at Makuro, wondering what in the world a dollar is.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [KABAL territory]

The hog grunts in surprise, only to be shot in the head a moment later, falling down on the street with a loud thump.

"Wow! That was awesome! I didn't realize MERC members were akin to super-heroes." The eye, which still follows her, remarks. "No wonder you went here along without back up."
    "I'm not here for anyone. Just plugging some dopes that want to feed on kids." Cassidy internally tries to figure out how the hell this eye thing figured out her identity - she was still masked, and her voice was still being distorted.

She keeps on running down the street, keeping an eye out for more ambushes.

16. - Top - End - #46

[Obnoxious Angel]

Hooray, standing in the way and being rude works! Ithuriel breathes a quiet sigh of relief, thankful that she didn't have to resort to any more drastic measures. Though at the same time a little part of her really, really wanted to beat a truck up. It's not every day you get the chance to punch a truck.

She stubbornly follows along in front, staying nice and close while doing her best to keep her eyes locked with the driver, like a strict schoolteacher just glowering at a miscreant pupil until they hang their head in shame.

As they get closer to the gate, she spots the ongoing battle between giant wolf and man-in-rat-mask, and looks back at the driver with a heavy sigh. "You're not going to try anything else now, right? Because I really ought to be going and helping with...that. Whatever that is." Person probably in need trumps blocking a truck that technically hasn't done anything wrong yet.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

What is a dollar? That's a good question. Makuro doesn't know what currency her homeland uses, but doesn't think it's dollars. "We have not been here long, and I did not arrive with anything bar what you see me with now. I fear we do not have any... Dollars." Hopefully the odd-looking person looks up. Makuro wonders if he's like her, or if this place is home to people who aren't as human as she remembers.

18. - Top - End - #48

Bayt Alshshay

The sign on this cozy little building in a Grey Zone market is written in Arabic lettering, and most people simply pass the place by. But Iamar enters through the crickety door, and steps in, unbuckling her sword and placing it on a small table, where it quickly withdraws into a drawer.

She looks back towards her companion. "We are free to find our own place to sit - a staffer shall be with us in time."
    Bayt Alshshay

Naku, having aaaabsolutley no idea what the sign says, or why Iamar took her sword off, just kind of shifts her weight from one foot to the other.
    "A-all right. Lead on."
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LordDeathkeeper View Post
    [Curious Curios]

Sam's eyes light up.
    "Oh, what about this one? It makes you silent. Useful for skulking around creepy castles, right? And petting cats, apparently." he suggests cheerily to her. He likes cats. But he's not sure if he's allowed one.
    [Curious Curios]

"Well, I can already see in the dark, and I can be pretty quiet when I want to already." Aly'ithra says. "Do you like it?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

20. - Top - End - #50

Kushiro Inn

"I don't have any of your currency, but..." Keiko unties a small pouch from her belt, and lays it down on the counter with a slight jingle. She withdraws a few silver coins, adorned with a circular symbol of crossed spears backed by a sun. "Ten of these will buy a fortnight's worth of rice. Surely that is equal?"

The tiefling looks down at the coins and nearly sighs, finally looking up at the pair. "Yeah, that'll work. We'll get them converted somewhere." He stands up and turns around, looking at the keys and figuring out which one to grab.

Bayt Alshshay

Iamar picks a table in the corner - hardly a surprise, considering her preference in the cafe Naku's worked at. "They ask for weapons to be placed in storage, though they don't do much to enforce it. But, I feel at peace here, and I am comfortable without my shamshir." She takes a glance at the menu. It's a rather small one, only listing a few kinds of tea and some breads to eat with it.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Orc in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

"I am sorry, I arrived early today with no memory, so please, forgive me if it is rude, but... Are you human?" Makuro counts herself as human, and genetic testing would prove she's human, despite her very exotic appearance.

22. - Top - End - #52
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

"Well, yeah, it's neat. And cats are super cute." Sam says simply. He wonders if he really does want to talk to them, though. It might make him disillusioned.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

23. - Top - End - #53
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

"Why don't we get it for you, then?" Aly suggests.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Ogre in the Playground

Main Gate

The wolf simply lifts its paw out of the way of the rusty hook, and since the hero's leg was still in his mouth, he twists his head and attempts to toss the man away. The flames burning through his fur begin to sputter and die off slowly, and while there is the noticeable scent of sizzling flesh, he does not seek to try and kill the hero once the man has been thrown.

The Angel

The driver takes a look back at the wolf and his attacker, looking mildly concerned before turning back to Ithuriel. "Miss, word of advice. Look, bein' fair, you bein' an angel might scare me and me boys in the back, but it don't mean dung to Prince there. Considerin' that the gate is still intact and the walls are still standin', I suspect 'e's actually enjoyin' himself. We ain't allowed ta kill anyon' on outin's like this, an' I'd appreciate it if ya kept Prince to his word about such. It's important." He advises. Whatever the angel decides to do though, that's on her. And perhaps innocent bystanders.

The Docks

The Porkchop Express sits by idly, but after a bit the first of the Raider's trucks rumble up on the docks and onto the barge. Immediately they begin strapping down the vehicle and the outriders stand guard. It wouldn't be long before they would be on the way.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Troll in the Playground

Main Gate
    The hero is sent flying. He hits the ground hard, further injuring his leg, and crumples, maybe unconscious.

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #56

[Truck -> Main Gate]

"Yeah yeah, oversized wolf with an ego, got it. Don't make him grumpy or he'll kick a building over. I- look, just leave, please? One way or another, I don't care, I've got bigger-" Mid-conversation, Ithuriel pauses for a moment to watch as the wolf's opponent is sent flying through the air, wincing as he crashes to the ground. "-problems. Like making sure he's still alive. Ugh!" Ithuriel lets out a frustrated growl and spreads her wings. "Lemme put it this way, I'm going to have to hunt down your little group eventually but if I find out that you caused any trouble, I'll be coming for you first." With that she leaps into the air, wings beating furiously to gain a little height before she glides low...

...and touches down beside the hero, stepping in front of him and spreading her wings wide. As her radiant aura passes over him, he should feel the tingling of divine magic pouring into him, seeking to heal his wounds and bring him back to consciousness. She folds her arms and glares at the wolf. "Back down, fuzzball. You've had your fun. Now please leave before anyone else gets seriously injured."

27. - Top - End - #57
    Bugbear in the Playground

"I'm not here for anyone. Just plugging some dopes that want to feed on kids." Cassidy internally tries to figure out how the hell this eye thing figured out her identity - she was still masked, and her voice was still being distorted.

She keeps on running down the street, keeping an eye out for more ambushes.
    [KABAL territory]

As she runs down the street, she can see a goblin in a tux coming around a corner with a tommy gun that he starts firing like crazy at while yelling/laughing loudly. "AHHHHHHAHA!!!"
    She can see more KABAL goons, but even they seem to be staying away from the goblin.

28. - Top - End - #58

Kushiro Inn
    "I am sorry, I arrived early today with no memory, so please, forgive me if it is rude, but... Are you human?" Makuro counts herself as human, and genetic testing would prove she's human, despite her very exotic appearance.
    The clerk looks back at Makuro. "Newbies, huh? Well, at least you said human, and not demon. I guess technically, yeah. Both my parents are human. But some demon or another thought it'd be hilarious if they mutated me. Or something like that, I don't know how genes work." He turns around to place a key on the counter. "You want room 224, second floor. Just follow the signs."

KABAL Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    [KABAL territory]

As she runs down the street, she can see a goblin in a tux coming around a corner with a tommy gun that he starts firing like crazy at while yelling/laughing loudly. "AHHHHHHAHA!!!"
    She can see more KABAL goons, but even they seem to be staying away from the goblin.
    "Fragging perfect." Cassidy dives for the nearest bit of cover once more. That trick with balancing on the riot shield took a lot of magic, and Cassidy doesn't have nearly as much as a more proper mage. Maybe she'd get lucky and these punks would end up killing each other and make her retreat all the easier.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Orc in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

"I... Do not know that word. What is 'demon'?" Makuro could probably be mistaken for a tiefling or something of that ilk herself, or at least mistaken for just about anything that isn't human. She'll follow Kelko if the other girl leaves, however.

30. - Top - End - #60

Bayt Alshshay

Iamar picks a table in the corner - hardly a surprise, considering her preference in the cafe Naku's worked at. "They ask for weapons to be placed in storage, though they don't do much to enforce it. But, I feel at peace here, and I am comfortable without my shamshir." She takes a glance at the menu. It's a rather small one, only listing a few kinds of tea and some breads to eat with it.
    Bayt Alshshay

Naku is very much surprised at the table choice, but obviously doesn't mind a nice corner table.
    B-because backs to the wall means you can't get ambushed.
    Not because they're closer or anything.
    "Oh." Is about all Naku manages to mumble, looking down at her own weapon. "I do try to be respectful, but, um, in this case, it's honestly safer if I just keep it with me."
    Then Naku looks at the menu, and blinks several times as she realizes she can't actually read it at all. Her face starts to flush slightly as the lines of . . . scribbles, for all she could make out, slipped past her gaze.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by FireFox
    I didn't even know Naku, the bloodthirsty, hardened combat veteran, could get so adorable.

Shoutout to billtodamax for the The Nurse Detective Meekachu avatar.