New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 66: Order up!

[Not Quite the Docks]

Good on Raril for messing with That Guy's expectations.

"Really?" that gets an eyebrow quirk. "Things from out there-" he waves in an outwardly sort of way. "-don't generally get abstractions. At least from what I understand. They're all about concrete stuff."

He sets off again, and nearly runs face first into a wookie, which of course makes wookie noises at him.

"Oh, sorry ma'am, didn't see you there," he quickly apologizes before hurrying on, as he's quite attached to his arms.

"Either way, it sounds like you're pretty fortunate. A brush with anything from the Far Realm usually results in acutely bad things. Either you're really lucky, or really unlucky. Not really sure which."

And then?

Somewhere in the far distance, an awful baying echoes across the city.

That Guy freezes at the sound. "Okay, probably more unlucky. How good are you at running?"
    Warning! Random Encounter™ detected!
    The Eternal Game Nightmære Stuff
    It doesn't matter whether you win or lose, just how awesome you look doing it.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Ogre in the Playground

[Leaving the Docks]

"Oh I can run all day." Raril says, his grin becoming more lupine. He was always good at running, a good skill to have, but since his transformation into a werewolf, he could literally run all day. The drow will follow after That Guy, probably deeper into the city.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel
    I write and draw occasionally: Have a look.

3. - Top - End - #93
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post
    [Curious Curios]

"Ooh, those heels are cute." Aly'ithra decides. She then reads the card. "And useful."
    Sam nods.
    "Well, one for each of us, then. Unless you want to browse...the bargain bin." he says, gesturing at the bin in question. Never trust magic bargain bins. Ever.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ettin in the Playground

Not Quite the Docks

For some reason, a pigeon chooses right about now to land on Raril's shoulder. It has a small bag tied to it.
    Hail to the Lord of Death and Destruction!
    CATNIP FOR THE CAT GOD! YARN FOR THE YARN THRONE! MILK FOR THE MILK BOWL!

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Aly eyes the bin. "It can't hurt to look."

[Not Quite the Docks]

Raril pauses and puts up a hand for the pigeon to perch on while he removes the bag with the other. "What news, little one?" He asks the pigeon, half expecting it to be able to talk. It was the Nexus after all.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

6. - Top - End - #96
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Devixer View Post
    KABAL Territory

"Fragging perfect." Cassidy dives for the nearest bit of cover once more. That trick with balancing on the riot shield took a lot of magic, and Cassidy doesn't have nearly as much as a more proper mage. Maybe she'd get lucky and these punks would end up killing each other and make her retreat all the easier.
    KABAL Territory

The guns eventually stop flying, but the screaming doesn't. "I GOT YOU KNOW LITTLE BUN!" The goblin shouts.
    The eye, is still following her even as she jumped for cover. "Ohh! They got you know unless you think fast! Maybe climb up a wall? Can you do that?"

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Sitting in the bargain bin are:

-A number of questionably magical weapons
    -Unlabeled potions
    -An ancient dragon's skull, magical properties questionable
    -A "net glove" which appears to be made of fine thread
    -A set of golden rings marked with the word "empathy"
    -A silver anklet of levitation
    -An Amulet of Reversal made of half black jade and half white gold
    - An ornate wooden music box
    - A set of shiny cooking spoons

"Ooh, spoons."

8. - Top - End - #98
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kushiro Inn
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "Under World? What can be under a sphere?" Is what Makuro mutters as she heads to their room. Or possibly rooms. Hopefully there's two beds, though it'd be a big bed to fit Makuro without her feet hanging out.
    "The Underworld is where we all go when we pass from this life, so that we may be judged by the Divine." Keiko takes a moment to figure out how locks and doorknobs work, but she makes it in soon enough.

The room itself is rather nondescript - it's a pretty simple-looking inn room, with two single-sized beds and a window looking out at the garden that was once a parking lot.

Bayt Alshshay
    Quote Originally Posted by Mee View Post
    "Yes please." Is about the extend of the words Naku's able to make out, with an at-least somewhat assured smile. Which doooes manage to show more than a little bit of her teeth.
    Iamar nods towards the server, who turns and withdraws into the back. She looks back to her copy of the menu, placing her finger on a couple of lines of what surely looks like squiggled text to Naku. "I think I shall have a bowl of the chicken stew, today. Do you know what you wish to have, Naku?"
    Last edited by Devixer; 2018-03-22 at 10:11 PM.

9. - Top - End - #99
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate

"Unnh... Oh! Quick! We have to go after them!" The hero's wounds are healed, but he's disoriented. "They got away! Darn. Thanks for the heal."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #100
    Halfling in the Playground

[Front Gate]

Ithuriel sighs and folds her wings back in, letting her aura fade back to a very faint golden glow. She pulls her cowl back over her head and turns to offer a hand-up to the hero while holding the wolf's fang in the other. "You should take it easy, sir. And maybe try not picking a fight with an oversized wolf next time. But, um, he left this for you. So I guess he thinks you put up a good fight?" She awkwardly offers the fang to him, "It's- ah! It's really cold. Probably best to wrap it up in something." She winces, her hand already feeling painfully cold from holding it directly.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Aly carefully picks up the dragon skull, examining it and looking into its empty eye sockets. "Poor thing, I wonder how you ended up here?"
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

The skull sits empty in Aly's hands plaintively, as if trying to tell her something. But to keep someone from picking up a magical weapon and robbing the place, magic items don't function while still unpaid for in the store.

13. - Top - End - #103
    Orc in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

"When you pass from this life, you are born to live once more. Your life's balance determines where you are born, and in what circumstances. Unless you achieve Enlightenment, then you are reborn into the planet, part of the force that measure life and moves a departed soul to a child awaiting birth. No under world, no denizens of such." Makuro can't remember how you're supposed to achieve Enlightenment, or much else.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

"Hmm..." Aly'ithra sets the skull aside, pondering, before picking up the next thing that caught her interest: the music box. She'll crank it, then open it, so hear what music it had.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

15. - Top - End - #105
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

The music box plays a lovely, enthralling tune. So enthralling that it might thoroughly distract even the person who opened it.

The curator might have to come and close it itself if it hypnotizes both Aly and Sam...

16. - Top - End - #106
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Aly stares at the music box, enthralled with the music, but her familiarity with magical music saves her. After a long moment, she forces herself to close the box and end the music. "Interesting..." She sets it next to the dragon's skull and reaches for the net glove next.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

17. - Top - End - #107
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

The curator will have to stop Aly before she activates the glove, as it shoots nets with reasonable amounts of force and she is indoors and she should really stop trying on magical items before she wrecks the shop.
    Because then she would have to buy everything.

18. - Top - End - #108
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate
    Ratman looks at the fang. "Unusual. Usually my opponents don't give me anything to remember them by. It'll make a great knife." He's wearing leather gloves, they should protect his hands from the worst of the cold, although not for long. He takes the fang. "I didn't catch your name."

A Library

Tethrik, the rebellious demon, a ogre-sized four-armed green-skinned creature ducks through the doorway and begins to look around for somewhere he can hold a conversation in private.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-23 at 09:01 PM.

My Nexus characters

19. - Top - End - #109

BarbarianGuy

[/QUOTE]
    A Library

Tethrik, the rebellious demon, a ogre-sized four-armed green-skinned creature ducks through the doorway and begins to look around for somewhere he can hold a conversation in private.[/QUOTE]

Following Tethrik is Armonia, a young human looking fellow wearing a boring grey tunic, his hair changes color whenever one looks at it. In his hands are two mugs filled with a bright red liquid that is slightly foamy.

A librarian, sitting at a desk near the entrance, eyes the strange pair suspiciously for a moment, before returning to the book she was reading

20. - Top - End - #110
    Troll in the Playground

A Library
    Tethrik finds an out-of-the-way corner with a table in it. He sits, and motions for Armonia to do the same. "Alright. We can talk here. You ask first, I'm the one who risked your life, so it's only right for me to give explanation first." He takes one of the potions and slams it down, the magic quickly working to repair the bullet hole in his shoulder.

My Nexus characters

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Aly puts the net glove down next to the skull and the music box. Next up she picks the black jade and white gold amulet and slips it around her neck.

The change began in her eyes, they went from red to golden, flashing with a molten light. Her scales darkened, deepened, and spread. The tiny horns on her crown grew out and curved back over her head. She let out a yelp as bones shifted in her legs and she lost balance as her shoes fell off, wobbling now on elongated, clawed feet. There was a tearing of fabric as the back of her dress ripped, two leathery wings burst from her back and spread wide. At the same time, a long whip-like tail emerged from under her dress.

There was strength and power there, flowing off her like heat from a fire. She tilts back her head and laughs, revealing sharpened teeth and fangs.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

22. - Top - End - #112
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Sam yelps and immediately moves to help Aly keep her clothes on.
    "Aly I think it's time you stopped trying on magical stuff now." he insists firmly and with total conviction.

It's a surprise really, as the last two people to try on that item had their handedness and their preference on pineapple on pizza reversed.

Still, the curator is probably going to demand that Aly pay for that amulet now that she's gotten a powerful effect from it, even if just by pantomiming.

23. - Top - End - #113
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

"Heh, yeah, this is probably enough, right?" She asks with a predatory grin. Aly'ithra will gladly pay for the amulet, as well as the music box and the dragon skull. She'll leave the shoes of protection from knives behind. She didn't need shoes anymore. She also pays for the things Sam has selected.
    ~Amor Vincit Omnia~
    I have a Youtube Channel

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

[Curious Curios]

Sam will take the pin, and the spoons, but he might have someone take a look at them before he cooks anything with them.
    "So. Um. Wings. Nice. And welcome to the no-shoes club." Sam says with an awkward smile. Well, he's certainly experienced with red-clad women with too-wide smiles.

Of course, once they leave the store Aly will hear a distinct voice from the earth dragon's skull.
    "YARR, WHO HATH TAKEN POSSESSION OF MY EARTHLY REMAINS? YOU HAD BEST SAY YOUR PRAYERS AND SURRENDER, FOR THIS BE AN 'AUNTING!" it says loudly and yet completely silently.

25. - Top - End - #115

BarbarianGuy

[A Library]

"Alright, just a few simple questions I need to know." Armonia says as he flips a chair around before taking a seat, so he may rest his head and arms on the back. "Where are you from, why are you looking for the fifth element, and why do you have that puzzle box?"

The Librarian from earlier quietly walks over and loudly Shushes them when Tethrik slams the mug down on the table. She then returns to her seat out of sight.

26. - Top - End - #116

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    Front Gate
    Ratman looks at the fang. "Unusual. Usually my opponents don't give me anything to remember them by. It'll make a great knife." He's wearing leather gloves, they should protect his hands from the worst of the cold, although not for long. He takes the fang. "I didn't catch your name."
    "Ithuriel. Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner. The truck I stopped dragged things out so I wouldn't have a chance to interfere with any of the others. Not that I had any way to track them anyway." She sighs and turns to look at the mess by the front gate. "They made Inside look pretty vulnerable. Just had to jam a couple of trucks in to stop the gates closing. I guess I'd better shift them out of the way. You may want to stand back for this." Being an angel has a few perks, such as having the strength of a divine creature. But the regular, human-sized angel still doesn't really look like she'd be capable of shifting a truck. Nevertheless, she makes her way over to the first one and sizes it up, pacing round the outside of it as she looks for the best angle to grab it from.
    Before you criticise someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticise them, you'll be a mile away and you'll have their shoes.

27. - Top - End - #117
    Troll in the Playground

Front Gate
    Ratman watches Ithuriel, not seeming surprised by her declaration of super-strength. "I'd demonstrate my own unnatural strength and get the other truck our of the way, but I don't have any."

A Library
    "It sounds like we're closing in on a long story. I am from Hell. It's a terrible place, I would not recommend visiting. I found the puzzle box in the ruins of a demon lord's old fortress, I forget whose. At that time, I was organizing a small rebellion, and was eventually captured and exiled. I'm not sure when they found out about the box, but they sent agents after me. I killed them, with help, and took their souls. The fifth element is easier to explain. It's the solution to the next layer of the box. The inscription is encoded with a difficult cypher, but I've had hundreds of years to figure it out. It reads "Immerse me in the fifth element, the power of planets will open the way." Tethrik leans back in the chair. "My turn. Who are you, why are you here, and how did you cause the box to appear in my drink?"
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-24 at 04:48 AM.

My Nexus characters

28. - Top - End - #118

BarbarianGuy

(A Library)

"Oh nice easy ones." Armonia says with a smile. "Ok lets see....I'm Armonia, I'm here for multiple reasons, and I made that box appear the same way I made flowers appear on that devil's weapon, and how I made that coin explode in moonlight. Totally on purpose and completely by accident." Glee dances in Armonia's eyes as he drums his fingers loudly on the chair.

If Tethrik stares angrily at Armonia, he will respond. "Oh fine...spoil sport......the main reason I'm here is to train and expand my chaotic powers." Muttering slightly "I really would have like that nifty weapon the devil had, the chaotic aura on that was through the roof."

29. - Top - End - #119

[Front Gate]

"Well, I had to die twice to earn all of mine, so it's not a path I'd recommend." Ithuriel shrugs and slips out of her robe, folding it up and setting it neatly aside. Beneath, she's wearing a suit of brown leather armour with a gleaming white breastplate, two swords visible in sheaths at either side of her waist. She sets about clearing away as much of the debris and any loose pieces of the truck as she can to lighten the total load she has to shift.

Once done, she backs up a fair way and starts to charge headlong at the truck. As she charges, her body shifts and grows, gaining massively in bulk, her armour enchanted to shift in size with her. Her skin greys, her eyes narrow, a short snout with a small horn develops and her arms and legs become thick and muscular. By the time she collides with the truck Ithuriel has fully transformed into massive form of a were-rhino, albeit an oddly angelic one. A charging rhino is hard to stop, too hard for a stationary truck anyway.

A second charge afterwards shifts the other truck. Ithuriel stomps her way back over to the hero and sits down with a thud. "Also it's a real pain on clothing. You either have to have a lot of spares or pay a lot for ones that can survive the transformation." Her voice takes on a gruff, gravelly tone in this form which contrasts with the still-present soft divine echo to her speech.

30. - Top - End - #120
    Troll in the Playground

A Library
    Tethrik snorts. "Chaotic aura? Bah! That weapon is not aligned, and its wielder certainly isn't on the side of Chaos. There's several other people hoping to claim that gun too, and at least one I know of is a demigod. Occam's Razor has felled a demon lord, although not under its current ownership. While we're here, I should look for books on alchemy. Maybe we'll find something."

Front Gate
    "I'm not sure what to say." Ratman tucks the fang into his coat.
    Last edited by bc56; 2018-03-24 at 12:21 PM.

My Nexus characters