New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 6 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151631 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #151
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Inside 66: Order up!

A Library
    "I 'ave nothin' to do with them, but if choo're reseachin' alchemy, I could 'elp with that." The wizard dragon scowls. "At least call me by my given name. It's Erasmus."
    Awesome avatar (Kothar, paladin of Tlacua) by Linkele!

Quote Originally Posted by William Shakespeare, King Lear, IV.i.46
    'Tis the time's plague, when madmen lead the blind.
    My Nexus characters

2. - Top - End - #152
    Bugbear in the Playground

BarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by bc56 View Post
    A Library
    "I 'ave nothin' to do with them, but if choo're reseachin' alchemy, I could 'elp with that." The wizard dragon scowls. "At least call me by my given name. It's Erasmus."
    "Very well then Erasmus, if they desire your help, you are more then welcome to help then. Regardless, it was my mistake to interrupt your progress. You have my apologies. I wish you all a good day." Katrayne turns around in her chair, redirecting her attention back to her book.

"Really?" Armonia asks, standing up hastily "You worm your way into our business for no reason, attack an innocent bystander, nearly break down a important mental barrier" Armonia quickly looks towards Tethrik, "which I'd love to know what that's about by the way." turning back to Katrayne "and wrongfully accuse me of immoral actions as well as verbally abuse me...."

"Your point, Armonia"

"Well.....I feel we deserve a bit more than an insincere apology and a brush off.....I mean, don't you think so Tethrik?"

3. - Top - End - #153
    Troll in the Playground

A Library

"Easy now. Best not to start something you'll regret." Tethrik checks the book out. "Erasmus, what do you know about the fifth element?"
    "Choo want tew know about the quintessence? Any novice could 'ave tol'choo about that, but few would actually know where tew look for a sample. Choo picked the righ' drake for this job." The little dragon looks proud of himself, like he knows something the other three don't, but a very perceptive person might note that he also looks like he might be a little bit drunk.

My Nexus characters

4. - Top - End - #154

BarbarianGuy

A Library

"Easy now. Best not to start something you'll regret." Tethrik checks the book out. "Erasmus, what do you know about the fifth element?"
    "Choo want tew know about the quintessence? Any novice could 'ave tol'choo about that, but few would actually know where tew look for a sample. Choo picked the righ' drake for this job." The little dragon looks proud of himself, like he knows something the other three don't, but a very perceptive person might note that he also looks like he might be a little bit drunk.
    "BUT....SHE.....YOU...hmmph, fine.....I'll wait on the street..." Armonia childishly skulks away from the group. He can be seen leaning against the glass door, his leg bouncing against it as per usual, with maybe an added touch of impatience as he waits for Tethrik and Erasmus.

5. - Top - End - #155
    Troll in the Playground

A Library

Tethrik and Erasmus don't take long. Erasmus checks out a few books of his own, then the two approach Armonia, ready to leave. "Listen. Sometimes there are battles which shouldn't be fought. You need to know when to ignore whatever bothers you and move on, like now, when we don't have time to waste." Tethrik turns to Erasmus. You said you had a place where we could talk?" "I 'ave a flat. Should be private enough for our purposes.

My Nexus characters

6. - Top - End - #156

BarbarianGuy

Armonia first rolls his eyes dramatically, then shakes his head with a smile. "Ok, what are we still doing here then? Let's crack this Mystery!" Pumping his fist in the air, Armonia dashes down the street, makes it to the end, then dashes back. "Umm....which way to your flat Erasmas?"

7. - Top - End - #157
    Troll in the Playground

A Library->Erasmus' Flat
    Erasmus calls a taxi to take the trio to his flat. It is well cleaned, but in a poorer part of the town. Once everyone is inside, he locks the door. "Alright. 'ere we are.

My Nexus characters

8. - Top - End - #158

BarbarianGuy

(Erasmus's Flat)

Armonia enters the(small?) but well kept home of his new dragon associate. "Wow Erasmus, I wouldn't have taken you as neat freak." Armonia drops to the floor and starts making snow angel movements. "Its got a nice feel to it though."

9. - Top - End - #159
    Troll in the Playground

Erasmus' Flat
    "Thanks, guv. Choo wanted tew know about the quintessence. Look 'ere. He takes out a piece of parchment from a desk drawer, and places it on a table. "The four traditional elements are said tew move in straight lines." He draws a square using a feather pen. He labels each side, fire, earth, water, and air. He then draws a plus through the square, making four equal sections. " 'owever, the quintessence is in the middle, an' it moves in circles." Erasmus draws a circle around the center of the plus and labels it quintessence. "It's only foun' in its pure form in the centers of stars or planets. 'Owever, I've 'eard of some ancient ruins where there might be some, only never gone myself. It's too dangerous. Why do choo need the stuff?"

My Nexus characters

10. - Top - End - #160

BarbarianGuy

Erasmus' Flat
    "Thanks, guv. Choo wanted tew know about the quintessence. Look 'ere. He takes out a piece of parchment from a desk drawer, and places it on a table. "The four traditional elements are said tew move in straight lines." He draws a square using a feather pen. He labels each side, fire, earth, water, and air. He then draws a plus through the square, making four equal sections. " 'owever, the quintessence is in the middle, an' it moves in circles." Erasmus draws a circle around the center of the plus and labels it quintessence. "It's only foun' in its pure form in the centers of stars or planets. 'Owever, I've 'eard of some ancient ruins where there might be some, only never gone myself. It's too dangerous. Why do choo need the stuff?"
    "Hey....I think I've seen this symbol before....hold on...." Pulling out his bag, Armonia rummages through it for a minute."Aha! Here it is" He pulls out an golden apple. It seems to shine with an inner radiance. On its side is the symbol Erasmus drew, but slightly different as it includes eight triangles surrounding it.

If Erasmus and/or Tethrik are familiar with divine symbols, they may recognize it as a symbol of Chaos

11. - Top - End - #161
    Troll in the Playground

Erasmus' Flat

Tethrik recognizes the symbol. "You must be very strongly aligned with Chaos. Know any Slaadi I could punch?" In all seriousness though, what's that? Erasmus also recognizes it in a different capacity. "Are choo a sorcerer? Few others would openly wield such an icon."

My Nexus characters

12. - Top - End - #162

BarbarianGuy

Erasmus' Flat

Tethrik recognizes the symbol. "You must be very strongly aligned with Chaos. Know any Slaadi I could punch?" In all seriousness though, what's that? Erasmus also recognizes it in a different capacity. "Are choo a sorcerer? Few others would openly wield such an icon."
    Delight and nostalgia cross Armonia's face as he twirl the apple perfectly on his finger. "A sorcerer? Depends on your definition.....though I'm not nearly as powerful as I once was...I can thank Katrayne for that.......as for what this is?" He takes a firm grasp of the apple, before gently placing it back in his bag. "Its a gift from a friend, a one time use hail Mary so to speak." Armonia grows quiet in recollection, when he speaks again, its as though he isn't really looking at Tethrik or Erasmus. "It's known as the Apple of Misfortune, a weapon capable of completely decimating a soul, whoever is hit when this thing goes off shall suffer calamity for the rest of their existence, regardless of what form their life essence takes." A soft smile appears on Armonia's face as tears form in his eyes.

13. - Top - End - #163
    Troll in the Playground

Erasmus' Flat
    Something isn't right here. No one should cry tears of joy when holding such a potent weapon. Both Tethrik and Erasmus back off, and try to take cover as subtly as they can. Erasmus goes to a bookshelf and tosses a book to Tethrik. " 'ere. Secrets of the Ancients. It 'as a map to a certain set of ruins where there might be some quintessence." The doorbell suddenly rings. Tethrik stuffs the book into his belt pouch, where it inexplicably fits with no visible bulge, despite the book being larger than the pouch itself. Erasmus answers the door, and a deliveryman gives him a package. "It must be my new microwave. Came a bit early, tha's nice."

My Nexus characters

14. - Top - End - #164

BarbarianGuy

Erasmus' Flat
    Something isn't right here. No one should cry tears of joy when holding such a potent weapon. Both Tethrik and Erasmus back off, and try to take cover as subtly as they can. Erasmus goes to a bookshelf and tosses a book to Tethrik. " 'ere. Secrets of the Ancients. It 'as a map to a certain set of ruins where there might be some quintessence." The doorbell suddenly rings. Tethrik stuffs the book into his belt pouch, where it inexplicably fits with no visible bulge, despite the book being larger than the pouch itself. Erasmus answers the door, and a deliveryman gives him a package. "It must be my new microwave. Came a bit early, tha's nice."
    Armonia sighs, a hint of sadness to it. "Sorry, got lost in some memories......Anyway!" Armonia brightens up greatly "I'm betting these ruins may respond to my chaotic essence and lead us to the quinelle....quincylm.....the thing we need for the box!" He puts his pack back on and walks over to Tethrik. "Ready to head out?"

15. - Top - End - #165
    Troll in the Playground

Tethrik can't answer. Neither can Erasmus. The reason is that the package, now sitting on a counter in the back of the room, chooses this moment to explode. The fireball reduces the flat to rubble. Tethrik is fine, he's immune to the fire, but Erasmus is thrown against a wall. When the smoke clears, Tethrik looks around for the others to see if they survived. (I fully expect everyone to survive)

My Nexus characters

16. - Top - End - #166

BarbarianGuy

"T-t-Tethrik......." Armonia's weak voice can be heard a short distance away from Tethrik, underneath a large pile of rubble. If Tethrik pushes back the rubble, he will find Armonia, barely conscious, blood running down his face, his left leg twisted at an odd angle, his body twitching involuntarily.

17. - Top - End - #167
    Troll in the Playground

Bombed Ruins
    "Bless! Don't die on me! Let's get this rubble off!" Once again using "bless" as a curse word, Tethrik shoves the destroyed masonry away. "Blessed amateurs! That was the worst assassination attempt I've ever seen. I'm immune to fire, what did they think that was going to do?"
    Erasmus stirs from where he lies, dazed by the impact."Choo owe me a new 'ome." He gets up and finds a miraculously intact shelf with a few vials of red liquid on it. He drinks one, then moves over to Armonia, force-feeding him the healing potion.

My Nexus characters

18. - Top - End - #168

BarbarianGuy

Bombed Ruins
    "Bless! Don't die on me! Let's get this rubble off!" Once again using "bless" as a curse word, Tethrik shoves the destroyed masonry away. "Blessed amateurs! That was the worst assassination attempt I've ever seen. I'm immune to fire, what did they think that was going to do?"
    Erasmus stirs from where he lies, dazed by the impact."Choo owe me a new 'ome." He gets up and finds a miraculously intact shelf with a few vials of red liquid on it. He drinks one, then moves over to Armonia, force-feeding him the healing potion.
    Armonia chokes slightly on the red liquid being poured down his throat. A moment after the last drop is poured, he sits straight up gasping, his eyes burning bright as he stares at the rubble behind Erasmus, before promptly passing out. You notice the potion begins to take effect though as several cuts and gashes begin to close, and his leg begins to straighten.

19. - Top - End - #169
    Troll in the Playground

Bombed Ruins

Erasmus administers another potion, then suddenly stiffens. " 'ang on, I 'ave tew take this." He goes to a corner and stares blankly into space, but it gives the impression that he's listening to someone. After a moment, it stops. "That was work. I 'ave tew go now. Just follow the map in that book. An choo still owe me a place tew stay, demon." He flies away.

My Nexus characters

20. - Top - End - #170

BarbarianGuy

Armonia wakes and coughs, his eyes squinted in pain. The worse of his wounds have completely healed. He looks around and sees Tethrik. "Mornin'......Gods my head, please tell me it's from a killer rager we went to.....where's Erasmus?"

21. - Top - End - #171
    Troll in the Playground

Ruins

"He said he had urgent business to attend to, but I suspect he didn't want us to get him killed. Come on, we've got a map to follow." Tethrik helps Armonia to his feet.

My Nexus characters

22. - Top - End - #172

BarbarianGuy

Ruins

"He said he had urgent business to attend to, but I suspect he didn't want us to get him killed. Come on, we've got a map to follow." Tethrik helps Armonia to his feet.
    After getting to his unsteady feet, Armonia turns around and checks his supplies, making sure everything is still there. Confirming that nothing is missing, Armonia turns around and begins heading towards the exit.

"Hey Tethrik? You're a demon right?(assuming Tethrik confirms this)And it's pretty common knowledge that fire doesn't typically affect demons, right?(again, assuming Tethrik confirms this) then why would an assassin, who knows he is targeting a demon, use a fire based explosion?" One could almost see the gears turning in Armonia's head as he thinks about this

23. - Top - End - #173
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Flat

Tethrik looks back at Armonia. "Because they're an amateur. It's too sloppy to be Iuvenus' work." Tethrik turns. "You wouldn't have fast-travel magic, would you? Otherwise, we'll have to walk out to the ruins."

My Nexus characters

24. - Top - End - #174

BarbarianGuy

Ruined Flat

Tethrik looks back at Armonia. "Because they're an amateur. It's too sloppy to be Iuvenus' work." Tethrik turns. "You wouldn't have fast-travel magic, would you? Otherwise, we'll have to walk out to the ruins."
    Armonia shakes his head. " No, I dont think that's it....would there be any chance someone else knows you have the puzzle box and doesn't want you to solve it? I mean, if you hadn't put the book into your bag, it might have been destroyed in the blast, then we would be back to square one."Armonia kicks at a stone as the walk."oh, and to answer your question, not any that will reliably work, I mean...I COULD try my power on our shoes or a carpet or something and hope for the best?"

25. - Top - End - #175
    Troll in the Playground

Ruined Flat

"Yes. When you tick off a demon lord, they don't just send one mook after you. The bomber probably was a local who didn't know what he was doing, and was killed as soon as his objective was completed. We should get moving, I don't want to risk my feet exploding or worse. I can buy a teleport scroll at a vendor along the way." Tethrik will lead Armonia into the city, then from there to the coordinates given by the map. Here
    the individual post

My Nexus characters

26. - Top - End - #176

BarbarianGuy

Ruined Flat

"Yes. When you tick off a demon lord, they don't just send one mook after you. The bomber probably was a local who didn't know what he was doing, and was killed as soon as his objective was completed. We should get moving, I don't want to risk my feet exploding or worse. I can buy a teleport scroll at a vendor along the way." Tethrik will lead Armonia into the city, then from there to the coordinates given by the map. Here
    the individual post
    "Very well, I'll pick up some extra supplies while we're in the marketplace." Armonia and Tethrik hurriedly leave the ruins. Withing the marketplace, while Tethrik picks up a couple of teleportation scrolls, Armonia grabs a few health potions, a 50ft length of rope, and a 10ft pole. After they gathered they supplies, Tethrik activates the teleportation scroll, whisking them away to the ruins.

27. - Top - End - #177
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Artemis97 View Post

[Curious Curios]

"Two-ton nothing! You're just a skull, and if you want a chance to be any more than that, you'd better behave!" Aly says to the skull.

When Sam says she's cute, she grins. "Still cute? Good. Wings will be nice, maybe I can use them to escape?" she ponders.
    "MY GIRTH WAS UNMATCHED, LASS! UNMATCHED!" the skull claims, but goes silent afterwards.
    Sam laughs, though he is uncomfortable about any implications that Aly would want to escape from their lovely(?) date.
    "Oh, shoot. I forgot to buy armor. I don't suppose you know anything about that?" he asks. Sam's been going around dangerous situations in just his jacket and gauntlets for too long.
    Spako Highclaws by Ceika.

[Sorry Boss, but as always, I get the last word.]

28. - Top - End - #178
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kushiro Inn
    Quote Originally Posted by Earl of Purple View Post
    "When you pass from this life, you are born to live once more. Your life's balance determines where you are born, and in what circumstances. Unless you achieve Enlightenment, then you are reborn into the planet, part of the force that measure life and moves a departed soul to a child awaiting birth. No under world, no denizens of such." Makuro can't remember how you're supposed to achieve Enlightenment, or much else.
    Keiko shakes her head. "We are only given one chance in this world. We who walk the Path must take care not to stray from it, to dedicate ourselves to our good works, that we may achieve the Divine." She is quite set in her beliefs. But then, who isn't?

KABAL Territory
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowcaller View Post
    The guns eventually stop flying, but the screaming doesn't. "I GOT YOU KNOW LITTLE BUN!" The goblin shouts.
    The eye, is still following her even as she jumped for cover. "Ohh! They got you know unless you think fast! Maybe climb up a wall? Can you do that?"
    Cassidy keeps on ignoring the eye. It was just trying to get a rise out of her, trying to get her to make a mistake. She looks around in the street. Maybe there was something she could steal? A motorbike, maybe? If only she had learned how to properly deck.

29. - Top - End - #179
    Orc in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

"Billions have been born, lived, and died. You think each one has only lived once? That's... Inefficient." That doesn't quite sum it up, but Makuro can't articulate how that seems wrong. She does busy herself, however- she's removing the bedding and mattress from the bed, to set it on the floor. Unless the bed is over seven feet long, because then it'd fit her better. I'm not as tall as Makuro, and my feet hang over the end.
    Terrowin Avatar by HappyTurtle. Much thanks!

30. - Top - End - #180
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kushiro Inn

Keiko chuckles as she unbuckles the many plates and parts of her armor, slowly setting each on the ground. "If the world were efficient, none of us would be alive, and the Wars would never have begun." She puts a strange emphasis on the word "wars." Every culture has had war, it wasn't special. She places her staff on the ground next to the bed she's chosen. Underneath her armor is a simple tabard and pants, which Keiko leaves on.