New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Do lesbians appreciate Leia's metal bikini?

Quote Originally Posted by S@tanicoaldo View Post
    God I just remember we are talking about a dead person. That's tough. RIP Carrie Fisher.
    T_T

yeah this all kinda sucks
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

2. - Top - End - #32
    Titan in the Playground

Of course, Leia in her Hoth costume on Tatooine is at her hottest.

Now I'll cop to the fact that my science fiction isn't exactly the most tasteful (shipboard clothing tends to be both skintight and easily tearable, and as spaceships are controlled environments with no windows non protective clothing may be optional). And yes, no matter what I claim about practicalities a lot of out is author appeal. So I really don't give a darn what the characters are wearing in somebody else's story, Leia could be wearing a sports bra with hot pants while Han runs around in the metal bikini for all I care.
    Snazzy avatar (now back! ) by Honest Tiefling.

RIP Laser-Snail, may you live on in our hearts forever.

Spoiler: playground quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelphas View Post
    So here I am, trapped in my laboratory, trying to create a Mechabeast that's powerful enough to take down the howling horde outside my door, but also won't join them once it realizes what I've done...twentieth time's the charm, right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Raziere View Post
    How about a Jovian Uplift stuck in a Case morph? it makes so little sense.

3. - Top - End - #33
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

It's a nice looking outfit that's for sure, she looks great in here for exmeple:

It's just the context that makes it icky and ugly. Chains are not hot and that slug is not sexy, the smelly looking palace is not sexy, so the disgusting aspect of the context hubs in the outfit.

The problem is not if you find that situation sexy as a kid or when you had your sexual awekining or what ever, the problem is if you still find that situation sexy even as a fully formed adult.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-02-23 at 08:12 PM.
    "The last man on Earth sat alone in a room. There was a knock at the door."

I want more Strong female characters.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

4. - Top - End - #34
    Ettin in the Playground

I'm hard-pressed to find the weirdest thing about the OP. Some candidates:

• The inclusion of Jabba as part of the fantasy.
    • Considering Flash Gordon some kind of trope originator with respect to slavegirl fantasies.
    • Suggesting that modern movies are reluctant to serve up heterosexual male cheesecake.
    • The idea that lesbians have a uniform or collective opinion on Leia's slave outfit.
    • The dichotomy between 'digging it' and 'stomping on my fun'. As if the mere existence of different opinions necessarily implies hostility towards OP or his fun.
    • Being most worried about whether this post is in the wrong subforum, as opposed to literally anything else about the post.

It's really quite remarkable.
    Last edited by Lethologica; 2018-02-23 at 08:16 PM.

5. - Top - End - #35
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kitten Champion View Post

five-year-olds do.
    That is adorable. So very adorable.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

6. - Top - End - #36
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't think that Leia was particularly hot, in general. I also think that she looked very bored with that bikini on. But hotness has never been the real deal with Leia, a character meant to be, like, 14 in the early versions. They could have chosen the least attractive woman in the galaxy for the role, and it would still have been a great character.

Natalie Portman dressed in white in ep II is probably the hottest I can think of for Lucas SW.

Also, family holiday:

Quote Originally Posted by J.R.R. Tolkien, 1955
    I thought Tom Bombadil dreadful — but worse still was the announcer's preliminary remarks that Goldberry was his daughter (!), and that Willowman was an ally of Mordor (!!).

7. - Top - End - #37
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lethologica View Post
    I'm hard-pressed to find the weirdest thing about the OP. Some candidates:

• The inclusion of Jabba as part of the fantasy.
    • Considering Flash Gordon some kind of trope originator with respect to slavegirl fantasies.
    • Suggesting that modern movies are reluctant to serve up heterosexual male cheesecake.
    • The idea that lesbians have a uniform or collective opinion on Leia's slave outfit.
    • The dichotomy between 'digging it' and 'stomping on my fun'. As if the mere existence of different opinions necessarily implies hostility towards OP or his fun.
    • Being most worried about whether this post is in the wrong subforum, as opposed to literally anything else about the post.

It's really quite remarkable.
    Urggg.. That's a whole bag of cats that is better left alone, it would be no suprise to me if he was a loner, virgin who has no girlfriend by the way he talks about women.

"In place of a Dark Lord, you would have a queen! Not dark, but beautiful and terrible as the dawn! Treacherous as the sea! Stronger than the foundations of the earth! All shall love me, and despair!"

8. - Top - End - #38

Yes, because all of the judgemental sensitive worry-warts that frequent these forums and find all manner of things "problematic" and "icky" are so well-adjusted and fighting off hordes of would-be partners...

9. - Top - End - #39
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Samurai View Post
    Yes, because all of the judgemental sensitive worry-warts that frequent these forums and find all manner of things "problematic" and "icky" are so well-adjusted and fighting off hordes of would-be partners...
    yikes

this is a pretty bad take for a thread thats already a baaaaad take
    Thanks Uncle Festy for the wonderful Ashling Avatar
    I make music

10. - Top - End - #40
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Well, I wasn't talking about you, but it seems I struck a nerve... But you know what they say... If the hat fits, wear it.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-02-23 at 08:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Extinguisher View Post
    yikes

this is a pretty bad take for a thread thats already a baaaaad take
    So was the post this bad take was responding to. I'd call it a circle but I'm still marveling at people finding Leia's Hoth outfit attractive.

Like...I get liking jumpsuits, but THAT jumpsuit? Especially compared to the aforementioned bikini or her dress from A New Hope?

That's just madness to me.
    Last edited by Callos_DeTerran; 2018-02-23 at 09:12 PM.
    Warriors & Wuxia: A community world-building project focused on low-magic wuxia/kung-fu action using ToB.

"These 'no-nonsense' solutions of yours just don't hold water in a complex world of jet-powered apes and time travel."

12. - Top - End - #42
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Amazon View Post
    Urggg.. That's a whole bag of cats that is better left alone, it would be no suprise to me if he was a loner, virgin who has no girlfriend by the way he talks about women.
    Yeah, you tell'em! If they don't conform to your particular set of ethics and morals they must be some kind of loser.

You're as bad as Donna. Worse, I think, because you think you're better.

13. - Top - End - #43
    Ogre in the Playground

As long as we're talking about Leia, and unpopular opinions, I still think her coolest scene was the space flying one.

I think the metal bikini is kind of cool/hot. There's a lot of ickiness around it (Jaba, the implications, etc.), but hey she kills Jaba, so that's pretty funny/cool/hot.

So we're all agreed that anyone of any orientation can like the metal bikini or think its stupid?
    My deaths to wolves (or other evil night killers)
    Spoiler
    Show

Spytrap III, Ultimate Kaos II, Monty Python, Twin Village, Invasion of the Zombies: Outbreak, Vampires III

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow
    I think Lamech will make a great Sephiroth.
    A new New York IC OOC

14. - Top - End - #44
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    As long as we're talking about Leia, and unpopular opinions, I still think her coolest scene was the space flying one.

I think the metal bikini is kind of cool/hot. There's a lot of ickiness around it (Jaba, the implications, etc.), but hey she kills Jaba, so that's pretty funny/cool/hot.

So we're all agreed that anyone of any orientation can like the metal bikini or think its stupid?
    Wait, wait, wait...You mean from The Last Jedi?

...You filthy degenerate. There's a special place reserved in prison for people like you!

15. - Top - End - #45
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran View Post
    So was the post this bad take was responding to. I'd call it a circle but I'm still marveling at people finding Leia's Hoth outfit attractive.

Like...I get liking jumpsuits, but THAT jumpsuit? Especially compared to the aforementioned bikini or her dress from A New Hope?

Hey sexuality is weird, some people are more vanilla and tend to find stuff with a obvious neon sign saying "this is supposed to be sexy" sexy others are more creative.

I personaly think her sky city is the best one, it's sexy but also regal. Not a fan of the white dress too simplistic although you can't hate the iconic hair. It's just such a fashion statement.

16. - Top - End - #46
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Donnadogsoth View Post
    That part of Return of the Jedi--which, minus the care bears, is my favourite episode--is classic heterosexual cheesecake. The slave owner and the scantily clad pulchritudinous slave on a chain, this is hitting historical and erotic buttons going back to Flash Gordon and the tales of the Arabian harems. No on has the balls to put such a thing in a modern movie, or perhaps I don't get out enough to notice if they did. But, I wonder if lesbians appreciate it in the same way that the intended audience of heterosexual men and boys did. What do you think? I don't know enough about the lesbian dynamic to hazard a guess. Are they just going to try to stomp on my fun? Or do they dig it, too?

If this is more relevant in Friendly Banter please move it, if you would, mods. Thanks.
    I think it depend on the individual. Since we're talking about lesbians, it's all depends on the individual whatever they like Leia bikini or not.

17. - Top - End - #47
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Lamech View Post
    I liked when she taser blasted Poe, that movie was awesome.

18. - Top - End - #48

Well, I wasn't talking about you, but it seems I struck a nerve... But you know what they say... If the hat fits, wear it.
    Ignoring the irony for a moment...

I just don't like the idea of you shaming someone for maybe being a loner and a virgin in one thread, and then pretending you're the defender of the downtrodden in another thread. Like... under any other circumstance The Extinguisher would be pitching a fit over your comment about Donna. But somehow she skipped over your awful comment and considered mine the "bad take". It's laughable how you guys think you're on the moral high ground all the time. Be consistent. Have principles. Don't act "better than" and then not be... you know, better than the rest of us. It would never occur to me to shame someone for being a virgin and yet I have to suffer through the lot of you talking down to everyone else. To quote the bounty hunter from Firefly, "Does that make sense to you?"

Quote Originally Posted by Callos_DeTerran
    I'm still marveling at people finding Leia's Hoth outfit attractive.

Agreed. That's got me scratching my head too. But different strokes and all.

19. - Top - End - #49
    Ettin in the Playground

Hey sexuality is weird, some people are more vanilla and tend to find stuff with a obvious neon sign saying "this is supposed to be sexy" sexy others are more creative.

I personaly think her sky city is the best one, it's sexy but also regal. Not a fan of the white dress too simplistic although you can't hate the iconic hair. It's just such a fashion statement.
    Nothing to do with creativity on that one, just different tastes.

However like I said..I get liking jumpsuits, there are some killer ones out there...but that one is just so...frumpy doesn't sound right but unappealing is too strong. Dig the jacket though.

Sometimes simplicity just works, especially if its done right.

20. - Top - End - #50
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Ignoring the irony for a moment...
    What irony? That comment was a direct response to me, was it not?

II just don't like the idea of you shaming someone for maybe being a loner and a virgin in one thread, and then pretending you're the defender of the downtrodden in another thread. Like... under any other circumstance The Extinguisher would be pitching a fit over your comment about Donna. But somehow she skipped over your awful comment and considered mine the "bad take". It's laughable how you guys think you're on the moral high ground all the time. Be consistent. Have principles. Don't act "better than" and then not be... you know, better than the rest of us. It would never occur to me to shame someone for being a virgin and yet I have to suffer through the lot of you talking down to everyone else. To quote the bounty hunter from Firefly, "Does that make sense to you?"
    Agreed. That's got me scratching my head too. But different strokes and all.
    Got that out of your chest? Are you feeling better now?
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-02-23 at 09:32 PM.

21. - Top - End - #51
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Leia's outfits and Han's metal bikini

Minority taste I know, but I think Leia looked best in "The Force Awakens"

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymouswizard View Post
    ...while Han runs around in the metal bikini...

I know my opinion about the quality of "Return" is also a minority opinion, but I think had Han worn the metal bikini it would have been a much better movie.
    Extended Sig
    D&D Alignment history
    Quote Originally Posted by JoeJ View Post
    Does the game you play feature a Dragon sitting on a pile of treasure, in a Dungeon?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninja_Prawn View Post
    You're an NPC stat block."I remember when your race was your class you damned whippersnappers"
    Snazzy Avatar by Honest Tiefling!

22. - Top - End - #52
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

I liked when she taser blasted Poe, that movie was awesome.
    Yeah, I also liked how stun shots, which originally just dropped people, suddenly make them fly across the room like they were hit with a battering ram. Because if there's one thing a non-lethal setting needs, it's the potential to kill the people hit with it!
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

23. - Top - End - #53
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Peelee View Post
    Yeah, I also liked how stun shots, which originally just dropped people, suddenly make them fly across the room like they were hit with a battering ram. Because if there's one thing a non-lethal setting needs, it's the potential to kill the people hit with it!
    Well I bet there are different levels of stregth you can choose from, also didn't people use to do this to protesters? Like in real life?

I don't get your point.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-02-23 at 09:39 PM.

24. - Top - End - #54
    Titan in the Playground

DrowGuy

This thread is so crazy.

25. - Top - End - #55
    Dragon in the Playground Moderator

Well I bet there are different levels of stregth you can choose from, also didn't people use to do this to protesters? Like in rela life?

I don't get your point.
    Fun fact! My city has, uh, some sort of relationship with using firehoses on people, historically. They also used attack dogs, and I don't think "non-lethal" was high on their list of priorities. We have monuments and museums and displays about it and everything. It's not a method employed by the good guys, is what I'm saying here.

And even if they do have settings, one would think that the evil soldiers who are shooting at people who have, literally seconds ago, killed other soldiers would use a harsher setting than a general trying to peacefully subdue one of her own troops. And not use the "can kill him if he hits something wrong" setting.

It was a nonsensical departure of how the technology canonically worked just to get a cheap laugh, is my point. It was lazy writing.
    Last edited by Peelee; 2018-02-23 at 09:44 PM.
    Cuthalion's art is the prettiest art of all the art. Like my avatar.

Number of times Roland St. Jude has sworn revenge upon me: 2

26. - Top - End - #56
    Orc in the Playground

DruidGirl

Fun fact!
    Fun fact? Fun? Fun fact: That was not a fan fact. Kind of sad fact actually, which is like the oposite of fun... So... Yeah not a fun fact, unless people being attacked by dogs and potencially killed is fun for you.

My city has, uh, some sort of relationship with using firehoses on people, historically. They also used attack dogs, and I don't think "non-lethal" was high on their list of priorities. We have monuments and museums and displays about it and everything. It's not a method employed by the good guys, is what I'm saying here.

And even if they do have settings, one would think that the evil soldiers who are shooting at people who have, literally seconds ago, killed other soldiers would use a harsher setting that a general trying to peacefully subdue one of her own troops. And not use the "can kill him if he hits something wrong" setting.

It was a nonsensical departure of how the technology canonically worked just to get a cheap laugh, is my point. It was lazy writing.
    I do belive the intent was control without kill, non-lethal doesn't mean it won't hurt you.

And I bet there are settings, for different targets, so you use the "Drop but don't hurt" on important targets and "Shoot across the room" setting for anoying people. I bet I could use Leia's setting on a few people here

As if teaser guns never killed anyone because their setting were too high. Oh wait... They did... They kind of do all the time, and they are still a thing in real life.

Well, the soldiers were under strict orders to bring the princess unharmed, from a guy who is space evil wizard overlord samurai that can literally kill you with his mind no less, while the general was teaching discipline to a subordinate. And if you think generals don't use a little force to teach discipline, you are wrong.
    Last edited by Amazon; 2018-02-23 at 09:53 PM.

27. - Top - End - #57
    Ettin in the Playground

Take your jedi weapon, use it!
    Stupendous Man drawn by Linklele

28. - Top - End - #58
    Banned

I just don't like the idea of you shaming someone for maybe being a loner and a virgin in one thread, and then pretending you're the defender of the downtrodden in another thread.
    This isn't an entirely honest rehash of what happened. The shaming wasn't "for maybe being a loner and a virgin." The shaming was over other, clearly exhibited conduct on the board. The choice of insult was arguably wrong, but the reason is not what you claim it was.

Think of it this way, if I see someone sucker punch a guy and then run to hide behind a cop "a cowardly little p*ssy," I should rightfully be called out for choosing an insult that is probably implicitly offensive to women everywhere. However, it would still be incredibly dishonest to characterize my actions as "shaming people for not adhering to a limited definition of masculinity" when in fact I was very clearly calling out somebody for a specific cowardly action in a way that I guessed would be specifically insulting to him.

Personally, I would never put someone down for being a virgin, or for not conforming to "masculine" traits, or for that matter for simply being not particularly brave. But if I see somebody who is a bully, who clearly wants to come off as being a certain type of hyper-masculine, but doesn't have the courage to face the consequence of his behavior? Yeah, I will shame the hell out of him for that, and while I understand why every decent human being should be rightfully offended by my choice of words, I also see the appeal in picking the one insult that would probably be most offensive to a cowardly wannabe alpha.

The part I find troubling is that some random virgin might read this thread and feel offended. The part I don't find troubling at all is that OP might be offended for being called out for his conduct.

Like... under any other circumstance The Extinguisher would be pitching a fit over your comment about Donna. But somehow she skipped over your awful comment and considered mine the "bad take".
    It's quite simple. Under other circumstances (i.e., circumstances where you never commented,) the Extinguisher might have appreciated the sentiment from Donna but critiqued the way she expressed it. Instead, fate intervened and something much more problematic attracted her attention first.

I heard on the radio today that a federal prosecutor was assassinated in October 2001--the case remains unsolved. This was the first I had heard about it, not because I have a particularly blase attitude about federal officials being murdered while doing their jobs, or because I think the mainstream media didn't particularly car. In fact, quite the contrary--this was the first federal prosecutor ever to be killed on the job, and it probably would have been an outrage that dominated the headlines under different circumstances. Unfortunately, this happened only a month after a much greater outrage, and so our collective outrage and attention was pretty much occupied elsewhere.

It's fair to call someone out for criticizing anti-vaxxers but not creationists. It's not entirely fair for you to call someone out for failing to criticize a creationist post that they probably read less than a minute before reading your post advocating flat earth, denying the Holocaust, and claiming George Lazenby was the best Bond.

29. - Top - End - #59
    Titan in the Playground

For whatever it's worth, I know at least 1 Lesbian and at least 1 Bi-Sexual woman who like the Chainmail Bikini from Jedi.

They also like the Chainmail Bikini form Red Sonya.

I have no idea what this means beyond these two specific people happen to like 2 specific costumes, but there you go.
    "I Burn!"

30. - Top - End - #60
    Ettin in the Playground

This thread, and every post in it: