New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

SamuraiGuy

Default Weird Battery on Windows 10.

I have a Windows 10 Dell Inspiron 5558, about 3 years old, which has had battery issues over the past summer, and I got a new battery, but that one also has had some issues. I rarely unplug it, but I did today, and it seems to think that it is not discharging, with the indicator in the tray showing it at 100%, with an expected life of over 1000 hours.
    any help, or what you need to help?

Edit: solved, removed the battery and placed it back in, registered normally.
    Last edited by JMS; 2018-02-23 at 07:01 PM.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Pixie in the Playground

Lightbulb Re: Weird Battery on Windows 10.

I have been using this since 5 years and I didn't come with this issue. You don’t get much control over Windows updates in the latest version of the OS, but based on testing the process of downloading and installing the battery life can be detected , try leaving your computer on for a few hours before you head out. I got solution here windowscentral.com/how-get-best-battery-life-your-windows 10-pc like how to cope up with this issue. Follow this and try to get out of the issue.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Weird Battery on Windows 10.

My battery went dead after approximately 3 tears of usage. That's it: you can't do anything cause guarantee period is only for one year.