The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 50 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - OOC

That's a pass, meaning you've got enough Selenite suits to outfit all of the PCs if desired. Also, I forgot to mention that if you've got a special helmet with a rebreather in it, then it makes sense for you to be able to seal it to a voidsuit in place of the normal helmet. Just in case anyone needs additional options.

Also, I have posted. The IC update doesn't currently have any direction stated, because I forgot to ask where you wanted to go first. Didn't feel right to guess, so I'm asking now. Do you want to head to the bridge, go rescue the last salvage guy, check out other parts of the ship, etc. You've got lots of choices, which do you want to take first?
    I do LP's sometimes! I'm currently on hiatus for college purposes.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Ongoing

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

2. - Top - End - #212
    Bugbear in the Playground

MindFlayer

Merry Emperormas, everyone! I got you not suffocating to death in the lightless void. And yeah, we'll head to the bridge.

3. - Top - End - #213

The grapnel on the Selenite might help with climbing checks at least. I'll go with that then.

Bridge first but maybe we try to rescue that guy if he's still alive. And he's in the teleportarium if we want to check the state of that while we're there.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Would Trade (Voidfarer) help in determining the likeliest direction to take to get to the bridge? If so, rolling Trade (Voidfarer) vs. Ag 48: (1d100)[96]

Edit: Nah, guess not. I'm a bit tuckered out today, so Hannabel shall wait for someone else to take the plunge.
    Last edited by rax; 2018-05-17 at 11:39 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215

Spoiler: Destro only
    Show

You didn't say otherwise so I assume I still have control. She just isn't consciously aware of having those thoughts.

But just in case I'm wrong, rolling Forbidden (Archaeotech) in here to navigate within the ship. STCs being a thing, it's possible that the layout of a lot of ships are predictable.

vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[44]

6. - Top - End - #216
    Titan in the Playground

Alright. I shall extend my update to reflect going to the bridge. I'll just do it as a double post, so it shows up in subscriptions.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #217

Long shot search test vs Per 39/2 - TN 19 to see if there's a maintenance hatch big enough to get into.
    (1d100)[42]

8. - Top - End - #218
    Titan in the Playground

While there are maintenance hatches, as one might expect to see, there's no indication whether or not they actually lead to the bridge. They're also far too small to enter while wearing a voidsuit.

On another note, I've added a Dramatis Personae section to the beginning of the thread. It's in the post that also has all the ship stats, and contains a brief overview of every named NPC I could find. This should be a useful thing to have on hand for everyone. Makes it easy to keep track of people and details that might otherwise be forgotten.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ettin in the Playground

will try to get a update tomorrow sorry
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Titan in the Playground

On a side note, Kobold-Bard hasn't been on the forum for a couple of weeks now. While I'm hesistant to kick someone this early, it really is better to have active players. What do you guys think about re-recruiting one extra character? In that case, if Kobold comes back we'll proceed with a party of six, but otherwise Pytho will become an NPC.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

11. - Top - End - #221

I'm ok with it if we can find anyone.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ettin in the Playground

im fine with it

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

take this virtual +1.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Titan in the Playground

I have a couple people in mind that would be worth asking. I'll try them first.

Also, I need a roll. (1d100)[27]

Ok, that passes, which means that if you try to find another way around, your Navigate roll will be a lot easier. I decided to just keep using Navigation (Surface) to include interiors, rather than having to figure out another skill.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2018-05-20 at 06:02 AM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Regarding recruiting another player, I'm fine with that. The ground rules are right there in the first OOC post, so Kobold-Bard knew what he/she signed up for.

But I have been involved in PbP games before where it later turned out that some very bad personal stuff was the reason behind a player (or GM) disappearing without warning. So, tossing a PM Kobold-Bard's way to check if he/she's okay also seems like a decent thing to do.

Edit: Regarding the tramway, I'm a little confused. I understood the set-up to be tracks set into the floor of the conduit we're in, but reading the latest IC posts, it now seems that the servitor-trams are suspended from an overhead track? I also understood the crashed tram as merely blocking direct access to the bridge (through the bulkhead), whereas the rest of the conduit (as well as branch passages) is clear. If so, why do we need to climb up onto the track to find another way to the bridge?
    Last edited by rax; 2018-05-20 at 07:17 AM.

15. - Top - End - #225

MindFlayer

No real opinion on carrying on as 4/re-recruiting/contacting Kobold. I'm pleasantly surprised this game has kept humming along so well- most PbP die off fast.

EDIT: Also, just want to make sure I have the layout right before I post. We're in a tunnel that has a tramway above us, and the tram fell off the tramway and blocked the tunnel, right? Both the tunnel and the tramway have other exits. Does the tramway run parallel to the tunnel, or did it just happen to intersect here?
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-05-20 at 01:02 PM.

16. - Top - End - #226

Quote Originally Posted by PotatoGolem View Post
    EDIT: Also, just want to make sure I have the layout right before I post. We're in a tunnel that has a tramway above us, and the tram fell off the tramway and blocked the tunnel, right? Both the tunnel and the tramway have other exits.
    That's how I read it at least, but I don't know how helpful it would be to go up there. At best there might be more damage in the tunnel so we can get out before a loading station. And if we do go up, the Selenite apparently has photovisors, so we have Darksight.

If we backtrack I'm going to roll Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) to work out another route to the bridge.
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[84]

I was also thinking about scavenging for something explosive, but I don't think anyone has Demolitions.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Regarding recruiting another player, I'm fine with that. The ground rules are right there in the first OOC post, so Kobold-Bard knew what he/she signed up for.

But I have been involved in PbP games before where it later turned out that some very bad personal stuff was the reason behind a player (or GM) disappearing without warning. So, tossing a PM Kobold-Bard's way to check if he/she's okay also seems like a decent thing to do.

Edit: Regarding the tramway, I'm a little confused. I understood the set-up to be tracks set into the floor of the conduit we're in, but reading the latest IC posts, it now seems that the servitor-trams are suspended from an overhead track? I also understood the crashed tram as merely blocking direct access to the bridge (through the bulkhead), whereas the rest of the conduit (as well as branch passages) is clear. If so, why do we need to climb up onto the track to find another way to the bridge?
    I sent that PM two weeks ago, to no response. I'm not going to kill off Pytho, so if Kobold does want to come back that's still on the table, but Pytho will be taking a backseat on the actual adventuring side of things for now.

No real opinion on carrying on as 4/re-recruiting/contacting Kobold. I'm pleasantly surprised this game has kept humming along so well- most PbP die off fast.

EDIT: Also, just want to make sure I have the layout right before I post. We're in a tunnel that has a tramway above us, and the tram fell off the tramway and blocked the tunnel, right? Both the tunnel and the tramway have other exits. Does the tramway run parallel to the tunnel, or did it just happen to intersect here?
    This is correct. The tracks are suspended above the floor level of the tunnel, and offer different (and potentially closer) places to exit the tunnel from. Think of it as a monorail, but inside a spaceship. It does run parallel to the tunnel.

And yeah, PbP death is a problem I work hard to avoid. Sometimes people vanish and there's nothing you can do, but when you get a good group of engaged, comitted players they can go on for ages. I'm pretty happy with how this game is going so far. The first of my potential alternates has already responded, so we might be getting a new character soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Haval View Post
    I was also thinking about scavenging for something explosive, but I don't think anyone has Demolitions.
    Thos plasma canisters are pretty explosive, but I wouldn't recommend just shooting them.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2018-05-20 at 04:56 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

18. - Top - End - #228
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Destro_Yersul View Post

Thos plasma canisters are pretty explosive, but I wouldn't recommend just shooting them.
    The fast way to make a new Party...

Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

take this virtual +1.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so if everyone's on board with the 'find another route' plan, I can do an update to that effect. Do you want to take the high road or the low road? Haval's FL (archeotech) roll was unsuccessful, so there's no sure quick path based on the layout of the ship as you know it. I need someone to pick, and I need someone to roll an Intelligence check at +20 to figure out a route. It'd be Navigation (Surface) at +30, but that's an advanced skill and nobody has it. The bonus is because the Sting's crew passed their detection check to see if they can track your progress through the wreck.

Do note that you can't really fail to find a way around, but if you roll really poorly it'll take extra time.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

20. - Top - End - #230
    Ettin in the Playground

Int Check 58+20 TN 78 (d100)[20] for Navigation

Peril Planet

Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro

take this virtual +1.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Titan in the Playground

Update complete. That's a pretty good roll, so finding your way around didn't take too long.

Also, we'll shortly be joined by Kaptin Keen, whom I've invited to fill our empty party spot. I believe he's going to be making an Arch-Militant of some sort. Expect to see some character creation rolls in the OOC while we get that sorted out.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

22. - Top - End - #232

There's definately power in the monitering station we just came through as well.

Rolling Forbidden (Archaeotech) again to find the right wire.
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[53]

As this will probably come up, I used up all my Fate points before we boarded the wreck. I take it they refresh sometime after we leave?

23. - Top - End - #233
    Titan in the Playground

There's an access panel on the control shrine. You pass (barely!) but it's a pass - you can figure out which of the wires does what.

RE: Fate points, I don't remember if I've mentioned it anywhere else, but typically those refresh once per in-game day, at midnight. For RT this is a little strange, because it means that if you're travelling somewhere you get basically as many fate points as you want along the journey. I think what I'll do is have them refresh every time you finish travelling somewhere by warp, and then once per day if you spend more than one day in the same place.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

You did mention it before. Only the warp travel special case is new, but seems entirely reasonable to me.

25. - Top - End - #235
    Firbolg in the Playground

Hello. Don't mind me.

Spoiler: Stuff
    Show

Primary array:
    (2d10)[5]
    (2d10)[16]
    (2d10)[8]
    (2d10)[9]
    (2d10)[20]
    (2d10)[3]
    (2d10)[12]
    (2d10)[17]
    (2d10)[4]

Secondary array:
    (2d10)[8]
    (2d10)[12]
    (2d10)[14]
    (2d10)[8]
    (2d10)[8]
    (2d10)[16]
    (2d10)[6]
    (2d10)[12]
    (2d10)[11]

Other stuff to follow. Bless your loyal servant, who trusts in you, God-Emperor!

Edit: Or ... not. Well, something to work with, anyways =)
    Last edited by Kaptin Keen; 2018-05-22 at 09:15 AM.

26. - Top - End - #236

MindFlayer

That first set is pretty humorously high variance. The only human stronger and dumber than an ogryn? Super-powered Navigator who can barely lift his own arms? Master Astropath whose blindsight doesn't really work very well?
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-05-22 at 09:32 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237

That first set is pretty humorously high variance. The only human stronger and dumber than an ogryn? Super-powered Navigator who can barely lift his own arms? Master Astropath whose blindsight doesn't really work very well?
    They are an entertaining mix of awful and awesome, yes. It will become an Arch-Militant, I believe. But I usually go for high average, rather than min-max. He (m/f) will be good at something, certain - most likely shooting things - but I'd love to have had ... more options open.

28. - Top - End - #238

MindFlayer

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    They are an entertaining mix of awful and awesome, yes. It will become an Arch-Militant, I believe. But I usually go for high average, rather than min-max. He (m/f) will be good at something, certain - most likely shooting things - but I'd love to have had ... more options open.
    Yeah the second set is definitely more balanced. Better for an arch-militant who can both shoot and actually count the number of shots fired, certainly.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-05-22 at 11:00 AM.

29. - Top - End - #239

Early sketch of Felidae the Death World Arch-Militant. Clearly, she's very balanced.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Titan in the Playground

It'll be a tech-use test to jury-rig something to open the door.

Kaptin Keen, will take a better look at your character when I get back from class today.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: