New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 50 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: Sea of Stars - IC

Spoiler: Destro & Macharius
    Show

That would be the final hull breach. They ought to just warp out, for all that it would be to ensure that history repeated itself. The trouble was getting the Navy to willingly retreat even when the alternative was certain death. To the bridge as a whole, 'The Regeant's going to ram us. If we can't get out of the way, recommend we meet them on this heading. Might minimise damage to the plasma engines.'

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) to recomend a heading that might reduce structural damage to the ship
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[5]

2. - Top - End - #242
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hannabel and Ravia
    Show
    "That's certainly an option." Pytho said. "It'll be a little slower, but rigging a stretcher shouldn't be hard. The servitors are here to carry people."

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    I need one of you to make a choice before I can update further. Stretcher, or leave them here?

Spoiler: Anika Only
    Show
    "Helm, can you bring us about to a new heading?" The Admiral called to the crewman at the wheel. He'd seen the Regent coming as well, and seemed to agree with Anika's assessment.

"Going to be tough, sir! Thrusters aren't fixed. I'll try, though..."

Slowly, very slowly, the warship started to turn. Anika could see the path of the Regent on her monitors, extrapolated by the auspex. An explosion rocked the deck, cannon fire hammering the hull.

"Damage report!"

"We've lost the munitorium, sir! Power's down. There's still fighting, all across the ship."

"Damn!" The Admiral pointed at Anika, and the other fire control stations. "Soon as they get close, hit them with everything we've got. Helm! Bring us about as best you can. Take the impact on our prow. The field bracing will stave off the worst of it."
    I used to do LP's. Currently archived here:

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:
    The Great Divide Dark Heresy - Finished
    They All Uprose Dark Heresy - Finished
    Dead in the Water Dark Heresy - Finished
    House of Glass Dark Heresy - Deceased

We All Fall Down Dark Heresy - Finished

Sea of Stars Rogue Trader - Ongoing

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro and Hanabel
    Show

++Bring them with us i suggest. They may wake up and it would be better to have them wherever we are rather than have to backtrack to collect them once we are done or need to leave++
    Ravia will begin to see about the needs of making a carrying apparatus and sorting the servitors out to carry them ++We may find something that makes a forced wake-up a necessity as well, only issues that come to mind right now are ascents/descents will be a lot trickier but we will overcome that when its needed++
    Last edited by Leon; 2018-06-13 at 02:28 AM.
    Thankyou to NEOPhyte for the Techpriest Engiseer
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's
    Ravia Del'Karro (Magos Biologis Errant)
    Katarina (Ordo Malleus Interrogator)
    Emberly (Fire Elemental former Chef)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_G View Post
    Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    Quote Originally Posted by Max_Killjoy View Post
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

4. - Top - End - #244
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Spoiler: Destro and Anika
    Show
    Macharius laughs, keeping close to the Iron Warrior. He taunts the Astartes, giving his Lancers time to back away from the blast radius.

I fear not death, Traitor, for the Emperor is with me. My God is eternal and all-powerful. I will sit at his right hand for eternity, while you are consigned to the oblivion that awaits heretics. So detonate your grenade. The Emperor endures.

Macharius waits until the last moment. As the heretic drops his grenade, he activates his jump-pack and soars away.

OOC-delay action until the IW tosses the grenade, then jet pack move out of range

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro and Macharius
    Show

Until the hull bracing fails of course. Wishing she had paid more attention to the details of Hannabel's war stories, Anika will target the oncoming Regeant.

To Macharius, assuming he could hear her 'They're going to ram us. You might want to hold onto something.'

Then remembering Pytho's message, 'Tech-Priest, what is the status of the life sustainers?' Perhaps the impact had managed to break them. If not, the air might be going away any minute now.

Show

Vs. BS
    (1d100)[66]

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Hannabel and Ravia
    Show
    Setting up a pair of stretchers, each to be carried by a servitor, was easy. The materials were readily available by scavenging the ship, combined with things they'd brought along. With Macharius and Anika secured, the party headed for the crew quarters.

It took some time. The bridge was a significant distance from the crew decks, and twice they had to go around collapsed corridors full of ancient, broken pipes. The closer they got, though, the less the damage seemed to be. The crew quarters must have been a low priority for the enemy boarding parties, and one of the Admiral's last acts had been to set the ship's systems to preserve them as much as possible. They passed through barracks and mess halls, a recreation deck, a small shooting-range for the men to practice. The way to the cold quarters was marked by signs, and everything here still seemed to have power. The brightness of millenia-old lumen strips was a marked contrast to the darkness and silence of the majority of the ship.

At last, they reached the cold storage pods. There were hundreds of them, rows upon rows of ancient stasis chambers. Many were empty, the crew they had once held thawed out long ago. Some were occupied, their inhabitants clearly deceased after some failure of the pod's mechanisms. Their bodies were preserved, but their life was not. In the center of the cold vaults, Ravia discovered the central control room. The console here still worked, its systems monitoring the arcane technology that powered the stasis pods. A huge percentage were red, empty or failed. A few, a rare few, were still lit up green. The console was on lockdown, however, the systems it controlled blocked behind an executive override. The Admiral's last ditch defence of his men, in case the ship should fall to enemy hands.

Show
    Plasma batteries blazed into the darkness, striking out at the incoming ship. The Regent sailed through the fusillade, firing as she came, emerging untouched from the other side. It was almost unfair, the ease with which the enemy seemed to evade their shots. The Terminus was turning, though, the flank that was so heavily damaged in the present slowly rotating away from the incoming strike cruiser. The tech-priest looked down at his console, and started to answer Anika's question. A thunderous boom shook the deck, a detonation somewhere deep inside the ship.

Thrown off by the sudden explosion, the helmsman didn't suite make the turn in time.

The ships met with a hull-shattering crash, the Regent's prow scraping along the side of the Terminus. Klaxons blared as entire decks depressurised at once, metal shrieking and tearing. Rivets blew outwards as the hull folded in, the field bracing failing seconds before the impact. Crewmen were thrown from their chairs, the officers around the holo-table landing together in a tangle. All the lights went out, replaced by the blood-red glow of emergency luminators.

"Life support is gone," the techpriest reported, pulling himself to his feet. "We'll have some time before the atmosphere on the ship becomes too toxic to breathe, but it won't be long. Admiral. I recommend we retreat, while we still can."

From her own console, Anika could see the damage reports. It wasn't as bad as the ship would have taken, if she hadn't turned, but it seemed the saboteurs had made it to the life sustainers. The Teleportarium still worked, though, and the reactors were not on fire. She and Macharius had accomplished something, but what? Briefly, reality seemed to blur, the faces around her sliding in and out of focus before snapping back. She took stock of the battle; both fleets had suffered terrible losses. The Indomitus was gone in a fireball, taking half of the ships that had swarmed it. One of the chaos light cruisers was down. Frigates and destroyers were burnt and broken, on all sides. The Terminus was nearly crippled, the Regent still in decent fighting shape. Remaining on the Imperial side were two Sword-class frigates, and a badly damaged light cruiser. On the traitor side were the Iron Regent, a light cruiser, and a handful of destroyers.

Spoiler: Macharius Only
    Show
    "We are not traitors." The Marine's voice rang out loudly, amplified by his helmet's vox grill. "We are the members of the losing side. The Emperor was a man, not a god. He had flaws. He used us. He failed us. Believe what you will, the truth endures." At the word truth, he hurled the grenade at Macharius' feet.

Macharius had been waiting for that. Firing his jump-pack, he shot backwards even as the grenade hit the ground and bounced back towards the Astartes. The giant roared with anger, swiping with his chainsword at his fleeing opponent. Macharius swung his power sword to block the strike, but misjudged the timing. The chainblade's whirring teeth connected with his leg just as the grenade detonated, tearing into flesh with all the force the Astartes could put behind the strike.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

7. - Top - End - #247
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Spoiler: Destro and Ravia
    Show
    Staring at the console, Hannabel mimes scratching her head through the helmet. "Well, that's a shame. I mean, it was nice of the Admiral to tell us what code he used to lock down the ship, but I weren't no officer, so no one ever bothered to tell me what an Aegis 7 code sequence looks like. I don't suppose you can... talk?... to the ship and get it to release the code locks?" she asks Ravia.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro and Macharius
    Show
    As reality seemed to break for a moment, Anika will briefly look around to see if anyone else was responding to that. They had disrupted the narrative but perhaps not enough to break it. Perhaps there was a chance she could get out of this if she made it to a life pod before they entered the warp. With the Iron Warriors everywhere that was itself a big ask. But the Terminus was destined not to warp out in good order, and she would bet that either taking damage at the wrong moment or continuing the battle within the warp would be enough to seal the creation of the echo. She needed to try and stop this.

'Admiral. The Traitors can board us with the Regeant's full complement, and if we retreat they'll be coming with us. Unless we can make it to somewhere with Loyalist Astartes backing, they will take the ship. A ship like the Terminus should not be left in their hands.' This was absolutely true. 'The Teleportarium remains active. If we disable the bridge to deny it to the enemy we can try to evacuate to one of our frigates through there.'

The monorail that had earlier blocked their access to the bridge had given her some ideas on how to do that.

Show

Glory to Nuffle etc

Charm probably
    vs. Fel 47 (+10 etiquette bonus)
    (1d100)[53]

9. - Top - End - #249
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Macharius is waking up, Anika heard Pytho say. How are things for you?

The Admiral picked himself up off the ground, looking around the bridge. Things were a mess, consoles broken and cabling dangling from the ceiling. The holotable sparked, and went dead with a pop. Most of the officers were also picking themselves back up, though the commissar and a number of other crew looked to have been stunned or killed by the impact.

"The plasma reactors are still working," the Admiral said, leaving his command throne and walking over to stand next to Anika. He was limping, but she couldn't see any blood. Looked like he would survive. "But I think you're right. What's your name, ensign? You've had some good insights, during the battle. I think the officer corps missed out, if they passed you over for promotion. I'll call a general evacuation, and we'll use the Teleportarium to move everyone to the Argus."

Looking around the bridge, he sighed. "We can't let them take the ship, though. I can lockout the bridge, but there's a chance they could get around that, and any damage we can do in the time it takes to evacuate could be repaired."

Show
    The chainsword sliced through his leg, the teeth chewing through the bone in an instant. The grenade exploded, throwing the astartes to the ground alongside him. Macharius couldn't stand. He felt the loss of his leg, the pain and slick sticky wetness as his blood pooled beneath him. His vision started to blur.

"Bastard!" he heard Barry shout, and saw the flash of plasmagun fire. Two blobs of glowing plasma struck the monstrous space marine, melting through armour and setting fire to flesh. The men behind the remains of the lancers opened fire as well, pouring shots into the bod. The astartes collapsed, and through the corner of one eye Macharius saw the enemy soldiers turn and try to retreat. They were caught by the reinforcements coming up from behind, trapped and out numbered. The writing was on the wall; they had won. Then everything went black.

Spoiler: Not Anika
    Show
    Hannabel and Ravia heard a noise behind them, from where the servitors were. Macharius had started moving again; looked like the Lord Captain was finally waking up.

When Macharius did wake, it wasn't to the bridge. He was lying in a makeshift stretcher carried by one of his servitors, in a room he didn't recognise. Hannabel and Magos Ravia were staning near what looked like a control console, and all around the room he could see monitors covered in status indicators. Most were red, a few were green. Pytho bent down over him.

"How are you feeling, Captain?"

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro and no one else apparently
    Show

Anika wasn't sure what to make of that. At least getting out of here was possible. 'Bridge is messed up. I'm going to see if I can evacuate the Admiral without taking the ship into the warp.' If that didn't work nothing would. 'Does Macharius seem...normal?'

She will grin in spite of herself at the Admiral's compliment 'Vanhal sir, and my parents would be surprised to hear that.' She will look around and try to judge the location where they had run into the crashed auto-tram. 'And I was hoping for something more explosive. There's a tramway around here somewhere that carries plasma fuel canisters. If it still has power we can park a couple next to the bridge. Ought to go up nicely with the right incentive.' Unless of course, the tram was following the script and was already wrecked.

It was a lot of ifs, and it did rather depend on them having something lying around that they could use to detonate it remotely. Pointing at the Tech Priest, 'Magos, how are you at blowing things up?' Plan B was that someone would need to stay behind and detonate the canisters in person.

Show

So because maybe partly causing the problem that we ran into earlier appeals to me, I'm going to see if there's a working console that I can use to operate the tramway to get plasma canisters closer to the bridge
    Forbidden Lore (Archeotech) (+Tech Priest assistance?)
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[58]

Otherwise I'm going to see if I can get the find the bulkhead that was blocked and try and get the door open

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Show
    Ah, morning, all! Word to the wise: don't try fistfighting a Fallen Angel, what. Tends to end poorly for us mere mortals. Still, how many men can say they've had the good fortune to die for the Emperor and then get up and keep going! Pytho, do inform Anika that I died horribly but that the teleportarium is secure. Magos, Mistress Hannabelle, what have you discovered?

Macharius stands up from his stretcher and strides over to the console, seemingly invigorated after his nap.

12. - Top - End - #252

Show

++Welcome back to the land of the waking Lord-Captain++ Ravia says still focused on the terminal in-front of her ++Our investigations of the ships Black Box have lead us here via the life-pod bays and the final log of one Admiral Davis, We have a Code and are working on seeing if any of these Stasis chambers still contain life. Do you have any pertinent knowledge of Naval ciphers?++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

Just play the character you want to play. Don't feel the need to squeeze every point out of the build.
    take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

13. - Top - End - #253
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Anika
    Show
    He seems unharmed. There was a momentary pause. He says not to fistfight any Fallen Angels. Anika thought she detected a note of amusement in Pytho's thought-speech.

"Scuttle the Terminus?" Admiral Davis was saying. "It would certainly do the trick. The ship's got enough munitions aboard to shatter a moon, if not a whole planet."

"Very good," the techpriest reported with a grin. It was somewhat unsettling, coming from someone with a cluster of augmetic lenses for eyes. "The portside tram is still operational. Those conduits run the whole length of the ship. I can put munitions or anything else anywhere you want it within a few minutes."

Show
    "The Admiral's message mentions using code Aegis 7 to unlock the controls," Pytho supplied. "The terminal's on executive override until we can get around that."

The terminal, Macharius saw, was a complex control system for the ship's cold storage cryo-stasis pods. The inhabitants had been frozen since the ship became a derelict, preserved by the backup power from the auxiliary generators. Many had died regardless; system failures were inevitable over so long a time period. A few remained. Until the console was unlocked, though, there was no way to activate the controls.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

14. - Top - End - #254

Show

++Exactly, i could brute-force override it but if anything were to go wrong there maybe no one left to save of the few that are still showing green++
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ettin in the Playground

Spoiler: Destro
    Show

'He says not to fistfight any Fallen Angels.'

Close enough.

To the Tech-Priest, 'As close as possible to the bridge should do it. If we can prevent them from gaining control of the ship by destroying the bridge then it might be possible for the Navy to recover the Terminus at a later date.' The present day perhaps. 'But I admit I can't say how many munitions would be enough to do the job. So if we have to scuttle the ship outright, we can at least take more of the bastards out with it.'

'The one question is whether we can do it without one of us needing to stay behind.' Macharius waking up suggested that 'dying' here might be enough to get her out through the same route. Better if there was another way, but if she could manage to break the loop in the process then it would be worth it.

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Show
    Ciphers have never been my strong suit, I'm afraid. Pythonissam, see if Anika can figure out from when she is how it's unlocked. Hannabelle, pass me the admiral's log- perhaps there's a clue there.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    "As you wish, sir, but the Magos and I already gave it a pretty good read-through. I know the code designation the Admiral wrote about well enough, but I weren't no officer, so I don't know the actual code. Getting her ladyship to steal the code before she wakes up is probably our best bet of not turning the last few survivors into corpsicles."

18. - Top - End - #258
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "If it would be possible for us to recover, it'd be possible for them too. No good options, really." Davis went back to his command console. "Once the trams are in place, I'll lockout the bridge and we'll evacuate. Once we're at a safe distance, we'll detonate the munitions and destroy the bridge. Hopefully take a few traitors with it. I can overload the reactors from the Teleportarium once everyone's off the ship. We'll use the arterial conduit. It's faster than anything else. Come on."

"Trams are in position," the techpriest reported. "I ordered up two, just in case one isn't enough. The activation will be the hardest part. There wasn't time to worry about remote detonators, so it'll have to be a timed explosive. I've pulled a chronometer from one of the damaged consoles."

The Admiral spoke into his console's microphone. This time, it wasn't to use the vox. "Executive override. General lockout, bridge systems." He rattled off a string of alphanumerics, and straightened. Then, he took a last look around the bridge, and headed for the exit.

On the way to the Teleportarium, they stopped only once. A level above them, two servitor-trams laden with plasma canisters sat waiting. The track was undamaged, the door to the bridge unblocked. Though not for long. The techpriest had constructed an ignition device using a melta charge and the borrowed chronometer. One problem now was getting it up to the canisters. The ship had been sounding intruder alerts for some time, and there was no telling how long the path to the Teleportarium would remain unblocked.

The other problem arrived via a thought from Pytho. We need an override code, the Astropath thought, Aegis 7. The Admiral knows it, but he's long dead. Is there any way you could get it?

Show
    The dataslate Hannabel handed Macharius looked very old. The battery compartment had been recently tampered with, probably by Ravia trying to get it to work again. The file structure looked standard, but there was only one file remaining. Macharius read it.

Admiral's log: This will be my final entry. The oxygen is running out, and the ship is still in warp. I've done what I can. There's fuel for the backup generators, and Emperor Willing they'll be able to run for long enough. Most of the crew is gone, dead or launched in lifepods. The only ones left are the servitors, myself, and the poor souls in the cold quarters. I couldn't save the ship. We caught the Regent, but we couldn't stand before the Astartes. Filthy traitors. If you're reading this, and you're one of those damned who turned to the dark gods, then know that with my last breath I defy you. I will go to my death proudly, head high, as an Admiral should. I do it on my terms, rather than face the slow death of suffocation.

If, by some miracle, this finds its way into the hands of the Imperium, then go to the Navy. Tell them we fought to the end. Tell them I did everything I could to ensure the survival of the Terminus, and as many of her crew as could be saved. Go to the crew decks, and use Navy Code aegis 7 to release the executive override on the stasis pods. If any still live, tell them Admiral Davis sent you.

For Terra and the Emperor.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

If overloading the engines did the job it was ok with Anika. It probably had the best chance of catching as many of the Iron Warriors as possible in the resulting blast. Perhaps trying to win this for the Navy now didn't make up for the reality of the original defeat, but it made her feel better.

She will stare at the tramway for a second wishing she still had her voidsuit, although even with it's grapnel the climb hadn't been the easiest. Although there was the obvious way that you climbed anything when you had no other choice. 'Tech-Priest, whose name I really should have asked before now. I'll bet you have the lowest centre of gravity and I'm probably the easiest to carry. Any chance of a boost?'

To Pytho, 'I expect he'll want to know why I'm asking about that now of all times. Or worse what kind of ulterior motive I have for bringing it up.' Could the overide code falling into the wrong hands mess up their plan here? She could of course tell him the truth, but she'd like to delay that conversation as long as possible. 'I'll try and think of a decent excuse. What do you need it for?'

Show

So I'm going to try to use the Tech Priest to boost Anika so she can hang onto something for long enough to scramble up to the tramway. This plan is probably dependent on how high up the tramway is.

Scrutiny to look for the easiest route up to help me climb. Maybe there's a service ladder
    vs. Per 38
    [roll]1d1d100[/roll] - see ooc

Climb if needed
    vs. Str 30 /2
    (1d100)[82]

Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) to know generally about Aegis 7 overide codes just in case it helps.
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[63]

20. - Top - End - #260
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    There's a locked-out control terminal attached to the cold-storage pods. We can't wake up the crew without the code. Ravia says she could brute-force it, but that it might result in the deaths of the few who remain alive. Anika didn't know about the cod, unfortunately. It was probably some Navy code, something that might well have remained in use over the years, but not anything specifically linked to old technology.

The climb up to the tram looked nearly impossible. There were some wall brackets, but they were too high to reach even with a boost from the techpriest. His name was Cogburn, as it happened. She might be able to lob the charge up there, but if she missed it might go badly. The climb had been a lot easier in the present, with the tram rails already smashed and the assistance of the suit grapnel.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

That was absolutely worth doing. The thought that anyone might still be alive after all this time. 'Admiral, I have friends who were near the cold storage deck during the battle. If they're still alive they might be able to wake some of them up and get them to the life pods. Is there an access code?'

Even when Anika had been at a digsite, she had had people to do most of the physical labour for her. She will look around for anything that might help her make the climb up to the tramway. An emergency voidsuit might have some basic tethering equipment. Alternatively she might not have to make the climb herself at all. 'Cogburn, can we attach the charge to a servo skull? Under the circumstances I don't think we have a choice.'

Show

Deceive although it's partially true
    vs. Fel 47 (+10 for Etiquette bonus for talking to a superior officer?)
    (1d100)[24]

Search for an emergency voidsuit if a roll would help
    vs. Per 38 / 2
    (1d100)[20]

If it came with me I have a translation servo-skull. I could attach the charge to that and have it fly up and wait next to the munitions?

Otherwise Forbidden Lore (Archaeotech) to Summon Servo Skull
    vs. Int 53
    (1d100)[62]

22. - Top - End - #262
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "A code?" The Admiral looked up from the conversation he was having with the other officers. "Ordinarily, no. The mass systems lockout I did on the bridge might have hit there too, though. Access is Aegis 7. Alpha-five-niner..." it was the same string he'd used to lockout the bridge. Anika relayed it to Pytho as she got it.

Meanwhile, Cogburn enacted the servo-skull plan. Anika's skull didn't seem to have come with her, but the ship had plenty of its own. The act of simply tying the charge to one probably wasn't the most elegant thing, but it got the job done. The skull flew up and hovered next to the canisters, and everyone started running again.

The saw the body count from the Teleportarium before they saw the room itself. The bodies were mostly traitor soldiers, but here and there was one in the uniform of a loyal armsman. Inside the Teleportarium, the colossal form of a dead Astartes was slumped to the floor. The armour was scorched by plasma, melted or burned through in many places, and pocked with holes from lasblasts. Nearby, two navy provosts stood guard; a woman with a hellgun, and a man with a plasma gun. Both saluted when they entered.

"Welcome. We've been helping direct the evacuation. The adepts have been working nonstop to get everyone through the teleporters. It's slow, but we're getting there. What's the status from the rest of the ship?"

Show
    "Got it," Pytho said, walking over to the terminal. "Anika convinced the Admiral." He keyed in a long sequence of numbers and letters, and pushed the activation rune.

The terminal responded beautifully. They now had full control over the cold storage from here. Better yet, none of the green lights had suddenly changed status. They ought to be able to wake the last dozen or so survivors without too much trouble.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Need a Trade (Technomat) role from Ravia to work the system.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

23. - Top - End - #263

Spoiler
    Show

Technomat Test TN 58 (d100)[64]

will make a text post when i can think of something snappy for it
    Spoiler
    Show

Current PC's

take this virtual +1.
    Peril Planet

24. - Top - End - #264
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

Anika will keep an eye on the Iron Warrior out of a need to be sure that it was safely dead. She will also look to see if there was any sign of Macharius' 'body'.

To the Provosts, 'The oxygen's on the way out, and I'll bet there'll be more of the traitors along shortly. Thankfully we shouldn't need to be here for much longer.'

To Cogburn, 'The bridge. How long do we have?'

25. - Top - End - #265
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    Ravia hadn't done much work with cryogenic systems before, and it took some time to figure out how to work the console. Waking the occupants required a specific sequence of instructions be entered in a specific order. There was probably some sort of protocol for integration once the crew had woken up, but with the ship in the state it was it was probably advisable just to give them all rebreathers as fast as possible and go from there. The crew quarters had emergency lockers, a couple of which still had voidsuits in them.

The cryo pods hissed as their occupants thawed, venting gases as the covers hinged open. Out of the couple dozen pods that had opened, men and women in ancient uniforms stumbled, blinking, into the corridor. A couple of the occupants stayed in their pods, some unmoving, some screaming soundlessly. One tore himself out of the pod and ran, vanishing through the far door. The rest stumbled towards the control room, speaking an ancient dialect of accented gothic. It was difficult to make out what they were trying to say.

Show
    To Macharius, the language the crewmen were speaking seemed oddly familiar. If he concentrated, he found he could understand it without much trouble at all. They were asking questions, mostly. "Who are you? What are you doing here? Where is the crew?"

Show
    The Iron Warrior was most certainly dead, upon inspection. Even an Astartes would be hard pressed to live through what the plasmagun had done to his head. Anika didn't have much luck spotting "Macharius," but it was entirely possible that body had been moved. She did notice a small number of bodies off to one side, all in loyalist uniforms. A small number of armsmen appeared to be occupying themselves with collecting the loyal dead, while the others directed the evacuation.

"Bad news, then," the female provost said. Anika read her uniform's nametag. This was Jilian. "Given the state of things here, though, that's to be expected. You're the only group we've had show up in the last few minutes."

"Any moment now," Cogburn said. The intruder alarms hadn't stopped, but there was no telling where on the ship the enemy was. The Admiral was standing by one of the consoles around the side of the room, tapping in commands. Some of the command staff had stepped up onto one of the Teleporter platforms, and the crowd in general was starting to thin out. Suddenly, the duck rumbled, the room shaking. Dust rained down from the ceiling, and several pipes burst, hissing gas into the room. Tech-adepts ran to contain the leaks. A futile gesture, given the ship's likely fate.

"There it goes." The techpriest smiled.
    Last edited by Destro_Yersul; 2018-06-23 at 12:24 PM.

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games:

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ettin in the Playground

Flumph

Show
    Typical. Awaken a treasure trove of ancient knowledge and they don't speak the lingo, Hannabel thinks, rolling here eyes behind the face plate of her helm. Maybe some old-fashioned Navy discipline will get this rabble sorted for the moment?

Taking a deep breath, she begins to chew out the survivors in the finest tradition of naval NCOs. "Alright you 'orrible lot! Shut yer mouths and listen up! You've just woken up from the longest nap you'll ever have, so there'll be no more slacking from 'ere on. You will stand to attention and AWAIT ORDERS!"

OOC: I'm making the unwarranted assumption that tone of voice and military discipline will convey Hannabel's intent, even if the survivors don't actually understand her words.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

Show
    Macharius sighs. Hannabel, please cease. I appreciate the thought, but one finds that communication is more useful in a language the subject actually understands. They aren't xenos, so let's go with High Gothic instead of shouting and boltfire, please.

He turns to the recently unfrozen crew and speaks in their dialect. He stands tall, radiating patrician authority.

Spoiler: Destro, and maybe anyone else who can understand High Gothic
    Show
    That's enough milling about. I am Lord-Captain Macharius Absalom, bearer of a Warrant of Trade by the hand and authority of the Emperor of Mankind, Lord Primus of House Absalom, and System Admiral of the Aquilor System, among other titles. My officers and I discovered your ship floating in the void, absent any signs of life. By the terms of my Warrant of Trade and Imperial law laid down on Holy Terra, I now command this ship.

It appears that this ship suffered critical damage in battle with traitor forces some ten millennia ago. You are the surviving crew. Your loyalty unto death to the Master of Mankind is commendable. I require a full report on this ship's mission and final battle.

He looks to the survivors expectantly.
    Last edited by PotatoGolem; 2018-06-23 at 10:36 AM.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Banned

((Propably not-Anika, I guess?!))

At the far end of the line of cryo pods, the last pod is just slightly slow to open. When it does, it deposits it's occupant inelegantly into a pile of limbs and gooey cryo-stuff. A female form, retching and convulsing - not unusual after cryosleep. She looks up at Macharius' voice, clearly still disoriented, but with a fierce wildness in her eyes.

She shakes her head, fumbles behind her, and comes up with an ancient service sidearm which seems to have also been in the pod - naked, disoriented, sick from prolonged cryostasis, maybe it's understandable she misunderstands the situation. Maybe it's even admirable that she retains her fighting spirit: The sidearm snaps forward, and a long series of trigger pulls reveal that 10 centuries in cryo fluid doesn't do anything good for the primers of standard issue munitions.

The trigger pulls slow down as her mind seems to catch up:

Wait - Macharius? Where's the admiral? Who are you people?

What did you say about ... millenia?

The woman still kneeling on the floor might well be beautiful - she's certainly built well above norm - if it wasn't for the barely contained fury that seems locked on her features.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ettin in the Playground

Show

'I hope it hurt them.'

Anika is going to draw her bolter and find some sort of cover behind a console or part of the bulkhead.

30. - Top - End - #270
    Titan in the Playground

Show
    "I hope so too."

The evacuation proceeded, the huge doors to the teleportarium closed and fortified, reinforced with whatever could be found to stack in front of them. From her stationary position in cover, watching the door, Anika noticed something. With every group that vanished through the teleporters, every bright flash heralding another group of survivors, reality grew less distinct. Blurry, soft around the edges. There were no windows here, and no monitors to the outside of the ship, but it felt as though time out there was less real, somehow. The alarms hadn't ceased, but they sounded attenuated and far away.

Anika heard the Admiral's voice behind her, muffled, like she was hearing it through water. "You're with the last group, ensign Vanhal. Get to the platform." Looking around, Anika realised that the big room was now nearly empty. The only ones remaining were the Admiral, Cogburn, and the two provosts she'd spoken with earlier. Everyone but the Admiral was on the teleporter platform.

"Someone's got to stay behind and push the button," Davis explained, walking towards the control console. "We're on backup power right now. I've shut down the reactor, and set it to overload if it's started back up. They'll not take the ship, even if they won the battle." Taking position in front of the controls, he looked up at the group on the platform. "Ready?"

Show
    The crew looked uncertain. One of them tried switching into high gothic, apparently speaking for the rest of the group. It sounded like he was asking questions, though his seppech was a little halting. Only natural, after the time he'd spent frozen.

Spoiler: High Gothic
    Show
    "You're a Rogue Trader? This is a Navy ship. You found it derelict? How long?"

The appearance of the naked woman didn't seem to bother the crew. A few waved to her, though none approached. The man who was speaking to Macharius merely glanced over his shoulder before continuing.

Spoiler: High Gothic
    Show
    "The last I knew, we were to lead a battlegroup hunting traitor ships. Cleaning up the mess after Terra. Then we went into the pods, and woke up here. I don't remember any battle. I don't know if any of us do. We weren't awake."

My Youtube Channel

The rest of my Sig:
    Spoiler
    Show

My Games: