New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: [IC] The Magic Returns

There being nothing he can actually do, at least, not without triggering an unnecessary and potentially fatal fight with the orcs, Zigbar follows suit.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-04-26 at 01:35 AM.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    Luna's left arm instinctively goes over her chest protectively. Suddenly thankful the princess didn't need to be exposed to this.

Look, my point is how effective of a guard do you think the goblin horde will be, if they actively attract trouble? Luna adds her arm over her chest.
    Gulan sighs heavily. "We didn't have a lot of choices. My own sweet Taliyah was killed a few years ago. I will not have that happen again. No matter the outcome."

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Stone turns from the hobgoblin and whistles a dwarven war song while walking towards the village .
    Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    There being nothing he can actually do, at least, not without triggering an unnecessary and potentially fatal fight with the orcs, Zigbar follows suit.
    The shorter folk withdraw to conference while Or remains to guard Luna. Lander stays on watch. Zajash fumes silently.

3. - Top - End - #183
    Colossus in the Playground

Perhaps, we may be able to guard you instead? Luna offers.

Nobility and humans have to be better guards then aggressive goblinoids. She points out with a warm smile.
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Perhaps, we may be able to guard you instead? Luna offers.

Nobility and humans have to be better guards then aggressive goblinoids. She points out with a warm smile.
    Spoiler
    Show

Persuasion roll please

5. - Top - End - #185

Persuasion (1d20+3)[23]

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Persuasion (d20+1)[16]
    Gulan looks shocked by Luna's offer and considers a moment before responding
    Spoiler
    Show

I want to see if Gulan thinks Luna is trustworthy.
    (d20+1)[16]
    He does! Nice!
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-05-08 at 07:15 AM.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

The young orc smiles grimly. "Very well. I think that we could work with this. Zajash you're dismissed."

"What?!" Yells the hobgoblin, drawing everyones attention. "We had a deal you stupid pigface! You can't back out now!"

"You broke our agreement without a second thought. Why should I not be able to do the same?"

"Why you lousy lying..." Zajash radiates fury and goes to draw his longsword.

Kunal gestures a series of complex symbols in the air and points a finger at Zajash.

Spoiler
    Show

Kunal is casting a spell on Zajash. The DC to identify the spell is the same as it is to resist it.
    DC: 15
    (d20)[11]
    Holy cow!

Zajash stiffens, held in place by Kunal's sudden power.

"What did you do, lousy greenskin?!? I can't move!" He yells as he struggles to free himself.

Gulan turns back to Luna with hope in his eyes. "I believe that we have a deal?"
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-05-08 at 11:38 AM.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

Commotion from behind draws Galena's attention back to the few she had just been walking away from. She sees Zajash, fuming mad and struggling in place. Galena turns on her heel and heads back to see what developed in the few seconds since she left.

"Is everything alright?" Galena approaches Luna, inquiring about more than just the obvious fact that the orcs have turned on Zajash for his actions. "What decisions have been made, and where do we fit in?"

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

"Witchcraft!" whispers from his hiding place, and he
    tries to sneak away without being detected, and then turns and visible walks to where Luna is negotiating with his hands up as he does

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by 2D8HP View Post
    "Witchcraft!" whispers from his hiding place, and he
    tries to sneak away without being detected, and then turns and visible walks to where Luna is negotiating with his hands up as he does

Stealth roll please.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Meriss View Post
    Stealth roll please.

Stealth: (d20+5)[8]

12. - Top - End - #192
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Stealth: [roll0]
    Lander turns too fast and kicks over a series of baskets. There's a clatter as they fall over. Gulan and Kunal stare as Lander emerges from the tents his hands raised. Kunal smirks at Luna. "Friend of yours?" He rumbles darkly. Gulan looks disappointed. "This is how you would guard us? By spying on us?"

"See! I warned you lot! Humans can't be trusted!" Zajash yells.

"You're no better!" Gulan snarls.

Well this took a turn.

13. - Top - End - #193

Of course people were hidden. I'm not a fool, should our negotiations have failed, combat could break out immediately. If I were dishonorable we would have ambushed you, instead no shots have been fired, we have no intention of breaking our agreement. Luna replied.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

Galena nods as Luna speaks. "Aye. From what we'd seen in the village we weren't sure what to expect. You cannot fault us for that." she gestures to Zajash, still struggling, "this one and the horde he controls can be blamed for our manner of approach."

Galena keeps her body language relaxed and calm, while mentally preparing for further misunderstandings. "Lander is a trustworthy ally, and one you would appreciate having at your back. We have the benefit of travelling with Zigbar, Or, and Stone as well. We are stalwart folk and do not seek to deceive or exploit you or your people... Unlike others in our presence..."
    Last edited by secretandsafe; 2018-05-09 at 11:08 AM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zigbar is most astonished as to the sudden turn of events. He ***** his thunder monger, keeping the contraption aimed at the hobgoblin should the creature attempt to attack anything.

Hold Action. Blast him if he makes a hostile move.
    To hit: (d20+6)[16]
    Damage: [/roll]3d6+4[/roll]. Additional damage if Crit: (3d6)[13]
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

16. - Top - End - #196
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Of course people were hidden. I'm not a fool, should our negotiations have failed, combat could break out immediately. If I were dishonorable we would have ambushed you, instead no shots have been fired, we have no intention of breaking our agreement. Luna replied.
    Quote Originally Posted by secretandsafe View Post
    Galena nods as Luna speaks. "Aye. From what we'd seen in the village we weren't sure what to expect. You cannot fault us for that." she gestures to Zajash, still struggling, "this one and the horde he controls can be blamed for our manner of approach."

Galena keeps her body language relaxed and calm, while mentally preparing for further misunderstandings. "Lander is a trustworthy ally, and one you would appreciate having at your back. We have the benefit of travelling with Zigbar, Or, and Stone as well. We are stalwart folk and do not seek to deceive or exploit you or your people... Unlike others in our presence..."
    Gulan nods tentatively. "Very well. But no more of that. My people and I have been badly hurt with nearly every step. I took the Rising as a sign. Magic has returned. So too may we."

He hangs his head. "Perhaps I was wrong."

Zajash laughs cruelly as he struggles.

Kunal gestures again and the hobgoblin winces as the power washes over him.
    (d20)[5]
    But he remains held fast.

"Gulan, I can't do this all day. What do we do with him?
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-05-11 at 07:54 AM.

17. - Top - End - #197

Capture him, turn him over to trial. Luna remarks impassively gazing at the hobgoblin with disdain.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Orc in the Playground

"I would have to agree with Luna. I have some rope that we could make use of so you don't have to overexert yourself, Kunal." Galena begins to sort through her pack. In the process she discovers a small pie she had baked the day before, carefully wrapped. Fruit and sweet jam fills the pastry. She offers the pie to Gulan.

"Ah, and here's the rope. I really need to organize this bloody pack... Or, maybe you could tie the hobgoblin up while Kunal keeps hold of him?" Galena tosses a length of rope to the man, oddly silent and bristling with anger. "Go on then, Or."

19. - Top - End - #199
    Dwarf in the Playground

Or awakened from the tempest of rage he had been stewing in with a start. He had been so wrapped up in his silent seething about the presumption of the ridiculous little hobgoblin. Using a defenseless, albeit gross group of pilgrims, as well as allowing bands of warriors roam a human settlement. It was simply unacceptable.

He chided himself as he took the rope from Galena and moved to the hobgoblin, Now don't go gettin’ too trapped in yet anger Or, don't wanna turn inta one o’ them raging maniacs now… With that thought in mind he went about the task of detaining Zajash, attempting to be professional.

As Or worked at tieing the hobgoblin up he kept a solid side eye focused on the nearby orcs. While the group had fallen in with them without a second thought Or didn’t trust those that allied themselves with those such as Zajash.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

trusting his comrades abilities,
    turns his eyes away from the Hobgoblin leader, to keep watch if trouble comes from elsewhere in the throng.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Capture him, turn him over to trial. Luna remarks impassively gazing at the hobgoblin with disdain.
    Zajash barks another cruel laugh. "Aye turn me over to the killers Gulan! We all know how your lady love died don't we."

It's hard to say if Gulan is saddened or enraged by this statement.
    "I would have to agree with Luna. I have some rope that we could make use of so you don't have to overexert yourself, Kunal." Galena begins to sort through her pack. In the process she discovers a small pie she had baked the day before, carefully wrapped. Fruit and sweet jam fills the pastry. She offers the pie to Gulan.

"Ah, and here's the rope. I really need to organize this bloody pack... Or, maybe you could tie the hobgoblin up while Kunal keeps hold of him?" Galena tosses a length of rope to the man, oddly silent and bristling with anger. "Go on then, Or."
    Gulan crinkles his nose at the pie and tastes it before devouring the confectionery with childish gusto.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulanah View Post
    Or awakened from the tempest of rage he had been stewing in with a start. He had been so wrapped up in his silent seething about the presumption of the ridiculous little hobgoblin. Using a defenseless, albeit gross group of pilgrims, as well as allowing bands of warriors roam a human settlement. It was simply unacceptable.

He chided himself as he took the rope from Galena and moved to the hobgoblin, Now don't go gettin’ too trapped in yet anger Or, don't wanna turn inta one o’ them raging maniacs now… With that thought in mind he went about the task of detaining Zajash, attempting to be professional.

As Or worked at tieing the hobgoblin up he kept a solid side eye focused on the nearby orcs. While the group had fallen in with them without a second thought Or didn’t trust those that allied themselves with those such as Zajash.
    Or had worked with rope for many seasons. His knots were firm despite Zajash trying the usual escape tricks like holding his breath.

Spoiler
    Show

I'm going to avoid delay and say that Or takes 10 twice in a row.

trusting his comrades abilities,
    turns his eyes away from the Hobgoblin leader, to keep watch if trouble comes from elsewhere in the throng.

Lander notes the occasional scream and tinkle as some windows are broken but it almost seems like the streets have been cleared as the horde moved through the village. The goblins don't seem to be raiding the village. Yet.
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-06-05 at 01:00 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Ettin in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Zigbar takes a rock, shoves it inside the hobgoblin's mouth, and gags him so he will remain quiet. All the while muttering about how much easier it would be to just ventilate him.
    Last edited by Zergrinch; 2018-06-04 at 09:38 PM.
    Now Playing

Zarron Gemblossom (Half-Elf Bard): IC | OOC
    Zuu Greenbrook (Half-Elf Warlock 7): IC | OOC

23. - Top - End - #203

Luna starts bouncing back and forth, a stagger to her step as she starts heading back, feeling happy about today.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Orc in the Playground

”We need to do something about the remnants of the horde moving through the city,” Galena occasionally cringes at the sound of screams and shattering glass, “Gulan... Any ideas? We cannot face them alone again. I strongly feel the people here would support your passage if you took a stand against these monsters butchering the townsfolk. As soon as this is resolved we will gladly aid you in your travels.”

25. - Top - End - #205
    Dwarf in the Playground

As Zajash called his band killers Or, again, had to calm himself. ”You DARE to call us killers as ye sent your horde rampagin’ through the town? Children are dead by yer orders!” he shouted at the gagged hobgoblin.

After a moment of attempting to calm himself he looked around at his band, eventually settling his gaze on Gulan [b]”Why’re we keepin’ him alive? Between ‘is actions towards yer group and ours seems ta me he’s made ‘is own bed.”[b] While waiting for his response he began to fiddle with his warhammer and looks back to Zajash ”Iz not a pretty death, dyin’ to this beast. I ‘ope yer ready for that.”

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

Stone said prayers to Berronar Mother of Safety , he needed to keep the village safe but also the orcs. "If the orcs leave, we will keep them safe , but the hobgoblins have to leave as well or death may come for all."

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Zergrinch View Post
    Zigbar takes a rock, shoves it inside the hobgoblin's mouth, and gags him so he will remain quiet. All the while muttering about how much easier it would be to just ventilate him.
    Zajash just glares angrily at the gnome.
    Luna starts bouncing back and forth, a swagger to her step as she starts heading back, feeling happy about today.
    Gulan and Kunal stare oddly as the young woman begins heading back towards the village.
    ”We need to do something about the remnants of the horde moving through the city,” Galena occasionally cringes at the sound of screams and shattering glass, “Gulan... Any ideas? We cannot face them alone again. I strongly feel the people here would support your passage if you took a stand against these monsters butchering the townsfolk. As soon as this is resolved we will gladly aid you in your travels.”
    Gulan runs a hand across his shaved head. "We have some warriors, they went with the horde. Zajash claimed they were needed. Now I wonder if that was a trick to get rid of them."

The young chieftain looks to his advisor. "Kunal can you hold this miscreant here? I must see to the safety of our brothers."

Kunal nods. "Now you think like a jejay. I will do this for you."

With sudden speed Kunal lashes out and Zajash is on the ground. Bound, gagged and most certainly helpless.
    Quote Originally Posted by kulanah View Post
    As Zajash called his band killers Or, again, had to calm himself. ”You DARE to call us killers as ye sent your horde rampagin’ through the town? Children are dead by yer orders!” he shouted at the gagged hobgoblin.

After a moment of attempting to calm himself he looked around at his band, eventually settling his gaze on Gulan ”Why’re we keepin’ him alive? Between ‘is actions towards yer group and ours seems ta me he’s made ‘is own bed.” While waiting for his response he began to fiddle with his warhammer and looks back to Zajash ”Iz not a pretty death, dyin’ to this beast. I ‘ope yer ready for that.”
    Kunal smirks at the fighter. "The jejay has spoken. If you know our language you know our ways. Gruumash talak danga, Tay danga nouka shudan."
    Spoiler
    Show

Gruumash will take revenge, but revenge is best cold.

Quote Originally Posted by gryffydd65 View Post
    Stone said prayers to Berronar Mother of Safety , he needed to keep the village safe but also the orcs. "If the orcs leave, we will keep them safe , but the hobgoblins have to leave as well or death may come for all."
    Gulan steps up beside the cleric. "Well said. I will help you."

Gulan starts towards the village his head held high.
    Last edited by Meriss; 2018-06-19 at 06:56 PM.

28. - Top - End - #208

What does Julan mean? Luna asked brightly.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

What does Gulan mean? Luna asked brightly.
    Gulan looks at the young woman oddly. "You mean my name? I'm not sure if it translates into the Common tongue. Oddly enough it's the same root as our word for storm. Maybe my mother had a vision. Or a sense of humor."

30. - Top - End - #210
    Orc in the Playground

Galena smiles serenely and half-nods her head towards Gulan. "I'm glad we can see as one. We are with you." The monk begins to head towards the village with the others.
    Last edited by secretandsafe; 2018-06-20 at 10:53 PM.