New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: IC The magic comes back.

Quote Originally Posted by Silent_p View Post
    "Hey now, I didn't say it wouldn't be popular just that most people don't really know anything about it." Lisa was starting to feel a little defensive in light of the unexpectedly suspicious official. It wasn't doing wonders for her confidence on the back of the earlier debacle at the hospital.

She sighed. "All I'm looking for is information about how the city handles waste. You and your department aren't the focus of the article. It's background info, really." She cringed slightly at that, could be seen as insulting, but then plowed onwards. "So, can you help me?"

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Persuasion roll: [roll0]
    "Okay, well first things first it depends on the waste we receive most people know for instance if we find a body in a dump truck we have to call the cops." The voice starts explaining.

"Should we set up a meeting with all this. I think one of my managers is free for the afternoon."

Quote Originally Posted by Thokk_Smash View Post
    "Well, I would be honored to treat you to a drink sometime, if your schedule allows."
    "You free tomorrow."

Quote Originally Posted by Khaibit View Post
    Kira rolls her eyes. "Sure you do. I bet her and all her friends feature prominently in your spank bank." She says, taking her iced coffee and finding a table. "Next you'll tell me that you used to be in the pictures."
    "No... I think she's an actress!" He replies clicking his fingers. "Really cheesy horror movies."
    Quote Originally Posted by Deme View Post
    One day, we must all have our characters butchered by romhacks face our ends.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

2. - Top - End - #62
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Illven View Post
    "No... I think she's an actress!" He replies clicking his fingers. "Really cheesy horror movies."
    Kira shrugs. "Maybe? I don't recognize her from anything. You should probably stop staring before she files a totally reasonable restraining order against you though."

3. - Top - End - #63

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "I'll drive," she offered. "Don't worry, I'll give you a lift back once we're done."

((Cut to later, during the date-ish, since I've missed so much time? >.>))
    The date is going well. But now you realize there's someone staring at you!

What do you do?

Kira shrugs. "Maybe? I don't recognize her from anything. You should probably stop staring before she files a totally reasonable restraining order against you though."
    "Oh crap, she saw me!" Albert says looking away quickly and blushing beet red.

Won as Good Mayans on a science victory GMR 4. Won as Sweden on a science victory GMR 7. Won as Desert England on a concession victory GMR 8 Lost as Poland in GMR 3. Lost as Japan in GMR 5, Surrendered as Korea in GMR 10. Surrendered as Bad Maya in GMR 11, Lost as Shoshone in GMR 13.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Titan in the Playground

"You free tomorrow."
    "For a vision such as yourself, my schedule may just find itself empty," he says as he takes out a Bic pen with a flourish (hey, they're cheap!). On a napkin he scribbles out his number (in perfectly legible print) and slides it to her with a smile. "I eagerly await your call--or text."
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

5. - Top - End - #65

"For a vision such as yourself, my schedule may just find itself empty," he says as he takes out a Bic pen with a flourish (hey, they're cheap!). On a napkin he scribbles out his number (in perfectly legible print) and slides it to her with a smile. "I eagerly await your call--or text."
    "You'll probably see it in a couple hours." Camellia replies with a wink.1

6. - Top - End - #66
    Bugbear in the Playground

"Okay, well first things first it depends on the waste we receive most people know for instance if we find a body in a dump truck we have to call the cops." The voice starts explaining.

"Should we set up a meeting with all this. I think one of my managers is free for the afternoon."
    Lisa smiled. "Superb. Lisa Anderson, I'll call by your offices around 3. Don't worry, I'm happy to wait a bit if necessary. Thank you."

Once the conversation ended, Lisa sat back, relieved. It hadn't gone like she'd expected but she'd managed to achieve something at least. The complete failure earlier still concerned her but she was hoping to make it up in the afternoon. Checking the time, she figured she had a couple of hours before needing to pick up the take away for Avi and stop by the office. She resolved to spend the time doing some research online, getting a feel for the right questions to ask and up-to-speed with some of the terminology and acronyms.

Show
    Intelligence/investigation check for the time spent researching: (1d20)[14]

7. - Top - End - #67

Give me another roll for advantage, seems like something a reporter would be good at.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Orc in the Playground

"Oh crap, she saw me!" Albert says looking away quickly and blushing beet red.
    "Of course she did you stalker." Kira teases, taking a sip of her coffee. "Your only hope is to stop being a creeper, then sincerely apologize if she calls you out on being a ******canoe. Literally any other course of action makes you even more of an ***."
    Last edited by Khaibit; 2018-03-08 at 01:33 AM.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Titan in the Playground

"You'll probably see it in a couple hours." Camellia replies with a wink.1
    "The best news I've heard all day," he says with a grin in reply. He pays for his food and drink, drops a dollar in the tip jar, and strolls out to the car with a satisfied smile on his face.
    Saber avatar courtesy of Prime32

10. - Top - End - #70
    Titan in the Playground

The date is going well. But now you realize there's someone staring at you!

What do you do?
    Naomi gives the guy a look to get the point across, then a soft chuckle, to make it seem like she doesn't mind nearly as much (though she definitely minds), and she refocuses on her date. "I gotta be honest, I didn't expect to be recognized. I haven't been in all that much."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Intimidation: (1d20+5)[13]
    Deception: (1d20+7)[8]

Currently Running WW/Mafia: flat_footed's Fallout 3: Forecast--Rapidly Changing Conditions

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

11. - Top - End - #71

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    You look adorable, Melissa, Scarlet says. Don't worry about it.
    That was then. But now you have history class

Dun, Dun, Dun.

Your professor a 30 year old woman with dirty blonde hair and called Ms.Harris is at the front of the class, she takes one look at you.

"Stayed up too late, huh?"

"The best news I've heard all day," he says with a grin in reply. He pays for his food and drink, drops a dollar in the tip jar, and strolls out to the car with a satisfied smile on his face.
    "How do you always do that, go into a store and get some cute girl's number." Your partner in crime comments annoyed.

"Of course she did you stalker." Kira teases, taking a sip of her coffee. "Your only hope is to stop being a creeper, then sincerely apologize if she calls you out on being a ******canoe. Literally any other course of action makes you even more of an ***."
    Well the actress seems like an arggoant bitch, with all her "I totally didn't expect to be recognized crap.

Naomi gives the guy a look to get the point across, then a soft chuckle, to make it seem like she doesn't mind nearly as much (though she definitely minds), and she refocuses on her date. "I gotta be honest, I didn't expect to be recognized. I haven't been in all that much."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Intimidation: [roll0]
    Deception: [roll1]
    "Look I'm so so sorry, it's just that horror movies are a passion of mine." He starts.

12. - Top - End - #72

That was then. But now you have history class

Dun, Dun, Dun.

Your professor a 30 year old woman with dirty blonde hair and called Ms.Harris is at the front of the class, she takes one look at you.

"Stayed up too late, huh?"
    Scarlet grumbles a slightly sassy response without putting enough effort to actually form words into it, and takes her seat. She's prepared for a very boring day ahead of her.
    I have a LOT of Homebrew!

Spoiler: Former Avatars
    Show
    Spoiler: Avatar (Not In Use) By Linkele
    Show

Spoiler: Individual Avatar Pics
    Show

13. - Top - End - #73

Quote Originally Posted by JNAProductions View Post
    Scarlet grumbles a slightly sassy response without putting enough effort to actually form words into it, and takes her seat. She's prepared for a very boring day ahead of her.
    "Ohh, let me guess three in the morning." Ms.Harris continues.

14. - Top - End - #74

"I... I can leave if you'd prefer." Albert pipes up backing up.

15. - Top - End - #75
    Titan in the Playground

"Look I'm so so sorry, it's just that horror movies are a passion of mine." He starts.
    "Well it's nice to meet a fan," she replies, offering a small smile. "What've you see that I might be in? I'm mostly in the more schlocky stuff."

Currently Running WW/Mafia: flat_footed's Fallout 3: Forecast--Rapidly Changing Conditions

My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #76

"Oh well I loved you in Deadly Doctor from the future." He said brightly. "And mask of the killer, nerd of the dead. But I have to say Another cursed Goliath from Mars was not your best work."

17. - Top - End - #77
    Titan in the Playground

"Oh well I loved you in Deadly Doctor from the future." He said brightly. "And mask of the killer, nerd of the dead. But I have to say Another cursed Goliath from Mars was not your best work."
    She groans. "I don't know what they were thinking with that one. I swear half the stuff I'm in is people throwing random crap at the wall to see what sticks. The original was decent, but they didn't exactly leave themselves room for a sequel, and the script suffered a lot from them trying to justify the movie's existence through exposition."

My Homebrew

18. - Top - End - #78

She groans. "I don't know what they were thinking with that one. I swear half the stuff I'm in is people throwing random crap at the wall to see what sticks. The original was decent, but they didn't exactly leave themselves room for a sequel, and the script suffered a lot from them trying to justify the movie's existence through exposition."
    "Ah problems with the support staff then?" Albert replies.
    "Oh like you wouldn't believe." Naomi's date commented.

19. - Top - End - #79
    Orc in the Playground

Kira hides her smirk behind her coffee cup as she takes a sip. "Don't encourage him if you have any plans for today. He won't shut up about it for hours unless someone stops him."

20. - Top - End - #80

Lisa smiled. "Superb. Lisa Anderson, I'll call by your offices around 3. Don't worry, I'm happy to wait a bit if necessary. Thank you."

Once the conversation ended, Lisa sat back, relieved. It hadn't gone like she'd expected but she'd managed to achieve something at least. The complete failure earlier still concerned her but she was hoping to make it up in the afternoon. Checking the time, she figured she had a couple of hours before needing to pick up the take away for Avi and stop by the office. She resolved to spend the time doing some research online, getting a feel for the right questions to ask and up-to-speed with some of the terminology and acronyms.

Show
    Intelligence/investigation check for the time spent researching: [roll0]
    You get some amount of info that the average citizen might not know, but a three hour cram session is not the best, and you get the impression the Wikipedia articles were vandalized.

So now it's eleven and Avi's probably getting hungry, do you intend to get food?

Kira hides her smirk behind her coffee cup as she takes a sip. "Don't encourage him if you have any plans for today. He won't shut up about it for hours unless someone stops him."
    "I'm not that bad." Albert replies exasperated.

21. - Top - End - #81
    Orc in the Playground

"I'm not that bad." Albert replies exasperated.
    "Oh, so you didn't talk my ear off for like a week straight after that horror con you went to back in the summer?" Kira says, her grin widening a little at Albert's apparent discomfort.

22. - Top - End - #82

You get some amount of info that the average citizen might not know, but a three hour cram session is not the best, and you get the impression the Wikipedia articles were vandalized.

So now it's eleven and Avi's probably getting hungry, do you intend to get food?
    Not feeling much wiser after her "research", Lisa downed the dregs of her fourth cup of coffee and got ready to leave. She figured it was about time to pick up some food. She did a quick search on her phone for a well-rate Chinese take out they did lunch before grabbing her bag and leaving the coffee shop.

She wasn't sure what Avi would be in the mood for, so bought a variety of smaller items along with a large order of won-tons. Parking in her usual spot, she lugged the bags of take out into the elevator and made her way up to the newspaper's floor.

23. - Top - End - #83

"Oh, so you didn't talk my ear off for like a week straight after that horror con you went to back in the summer?" Kira says, her grin widening a little at Albert's apparent discomfort.
    "It was only three days at most!" Albert continues protesting.

Not feeling much wiser after her "research", Lisa downed the dregs of her fourth cup of coffee and got ready to leave. She figured it was about time to pick up some food. She did a quick search on her phone for a well-rate Chinese take out they did lunch before grabbing her bag and leaving the coffee shop.

She wasn't sure what Avi would be in the mood for, so bought a variety of smaller items along with a large order of won-tons. Parking in her usual spot, she lugged the bags of take out into the elevator and made her way up to the newspaper's floor.
    That's when one of your coworkers sees you.

"You're in late. Did you have to go into the field again?" John asked.

24. - Top - End - #84
    Orc in the Playground

Kira raises her hands in surrender. "Alright, alright. I apologize for disparaging your good name." She turns to Naomi. "He'll only talk nonstop about it for roughly half as many hours as I implied with my previous statement." She says as picks her coffee back up for another sip.

25. - Top - End - #85

That's when one of your coworkers sees you.

"You're in late. Did you have to go into the field again?" John asked.
    Lisa jumped slightly at being addressed, which was ridiculous since she hadn't been doing anything wrong - except perhaps not checking to see if anyone else wanted Chinese... Trying not to make the bags of food too obvious, she looked over at John. "Hey. Yeah, fruitless morning out - feels like I'd have had more luck in an actual field, cows and all." She paused, hearing what she'd just said. "Ok. That was stupid. Ignore me," she added, with a shake of her head. "Not a great morning."

Taking a moment to look around, she focused on John again. "Much going on here, then?"

26. - Top - End - #86

Lisa jumped slightly at being addressed, which was ridiculous since she hadn't been doing anything wrong - except perhaps not checking to see if anyone else wanted Chinese... Trying not to make the bags of food too obvious, she looked over at John. "Hey. Yeah, fruitless morning out - feels like I'd have had more luck in an actual field, cows and all." She paused, hearing what she'd just said. "Ok. That was stupid. Ignore me," she added, with a shake of her head. "Not a great morning."

Taking a moment to look around, she focused on John again. "Much going on here, then?"
    [make me a stealth check.]

27. - Top - End - #87

@Scarlet.

The class goes on. And on. And on.

When it's finally about to end. You feel like.... Everything's a bit smaller then before. Your shirt seems a little tighter. The information that was fairly complicated. Now seems simple to you.

What do you do?

@ Naomi

While you are on this date. With this stranger, and this other horror fan looking over at you.

You feel... Malleable. Like your flesh is just waiting to shift,

Oh.... And that french class you took in high school, that you can't remember. You can now remember every word of that class, and several you were sure you never learned.

That's when a stunning, upper classly dressed blonde comes into the coffeehouse. She looked impatient, but the instance she meets your eyes, she walks over, and falls to her knees.

".... Um... hello miss.... I.... Please. Let me serve you. I am Rachel, one of the best attorneys in the city." She starts out grabbing your hand.

"This happen often?" Your date responds.

@ Brandon

Hey, remember how everything about you sucked, besides you having a bit of charm, you couldn't even really use correctly.

Well that was the old Brandon. Suddenly, the pretty heavy load in your hands, it's fairly light. Everything seems so obvious now, and it feels like you could run a mile.

"Hey dude, didn't know you were into that larp ****, but put those ears away, we're on job." Mick remarks.

@ Lisa

You don't know why. You don't know how. But you are brimming with power. Power that aches to be released. Power that craves to be used to root out corruption.

Also your coworker seems a bit shorter then before. Huh.

"Not much, you've got the bigwigs talking about how short we are, while giving themselves ever bigger bonuses then last here, so the typical." John sighs rolling his eyes, he seems to not notice what's in the bag.

@Kira

So there's the actress. And some high dressed lady, declaring her eternal affection or whatever. The boys might have some more competition.

But.... you've always been a perceptive gal. Suddenly. Everything seems brighter, more obvious, and... you can just feel.

Your ears are pointed.... The hell?

What do you do?

28. - Top - End - #88

Scarlet, looking at the teacher and waiting for her to turn her back, scurries out of the class. It was almost over anyway-they were just taking some last notes, who cares if she leaves a minute or two early?

She heads for the bathroom, and looks at herself in the mirror. What the heck...? she says. She flexes a little, and feels... Perhaps not strong, by an objective measure, but much stronger than before. She closes her eyes a moment, and concentrates, trying to figure out what's going on.

When she opens her eyes, she sees double. Two of herself, in the mirror, for four visible Scarlets. Um... both Scarlets say. What.

Am I...? she adds, then tries to talk from just one mouth. I'm... the first Scarlet says. I'm dreaming. I have to be dreaming. Someone pinch me.

Her other self reaches over and pinches her, hard, on the arm. Ow! she lets out. But... But that didn't-

The door starts to open, and the first Scarlet runs into the bathroom, leaving the second standing, looking a little dumbfounded.

Show
    Show

Show

29. - Top - End - #89

"Scarlet see me after class!" The teacher yells at your retreating frame.

Who pops in, is a blonde just over 5 and a half foot, really attractive girl.

"Everything okay?" She asks seeming to pipe up on Scarlet's nervousness instantly. She starts checking herself out in the mirror. "Stalker troubles?" She asks giving Scarlet a leering gaze.

30. - Top - End - #90

What? No, just... Um... Scarlet says. I... I honestly have no idea what the matter is. Hey, quick question-you've seen me around, right? Do I look... Different, than usual?

And, uh, I'm Scarlet. I don't think we've ever properly met,
    she adds.

Show
    Show

Show