New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Default Gods Shall Fall (IC)

It had taken far too long to find a neutral location for the meeting, far too many of the gods had a stake in one plane or another. Eventually they'd settled on the Prime Material. Far in the desolate wastes of the Shatara Desert where no mortal eye could see, the gods would meet to discuss the oncoming calamity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gildedragon View Post
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Gods Shall Fall (IC)

Saint Alim sits on a rock, waiting patiently for the other gods to arrive. The simply dressed man looks out upon the desert and sighs. Despite his ascension, he was deeply concerned that without a greater power to moderate this meeting, things would descend quickly into squabbling and fighting for power, and as one of the few human gods, it was unlikely that he would be able to properly restrain anyone. This wasn’t what he was born for. If he had his way, he would have died peacefully centuries ago. Still, he had a responsibility to this and the other planes, now.

With a sigh, he begins to conjure up a meal and table for the others. At the very least, he could attempt to create an amicable atmosphere to start things out.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Hero’s Feast
    Those who partake will gain (1d8+7)[10] Temp HP for 12 hours after the meeting. Other effects are not applicable to deities.

Alim’s stance unless otherwise noted is Flame’s Blessing
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2018-03-01 at 02:13 PM.
    Awesome avatar by Cuthalion

Spoiler: Old Avatars
    Show

By Ceika, Ceika, Linklel (Except for one that appears to be lost to time)

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Spell-Like Ability - Greater Teleport
    Show
    Elezarei Greater Teleports to the location.

Appearing from thin air, though obviously the god of travel would recognize it as teleportation, is the angelic figure of the God of Victory. Clad in a shining suit of chain armor, and glowing with the radiance of a brilliant flame, he steps closer to the Traveler.
    "Hail, friend." He salutes the ascended human with a wave, and then sees the feast he had prepared. "I see you've come ready for the occasion. Though it certainly is not one of celebration..."
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2018-03-01 at 01:40 PM.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

I don't know why, but I think more people have studied linguistics than I have.
    ...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Alim nods as he spreads out the table cloth, food appearing in the center of the table. ”No, it is not. I hope that this meeting can go smoothly even without a greater power keeping everyone in check. We certainly don’t need a war between the gods.”

Show

5. - Top - End - #5
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Agreed, we can expect much conflict without turning on each other." The words fall from the sky, landing moments before the demonic demigod of good and evil.

"Who brought the refreshments?" she asks as she seats herself and digs in.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Presence Aura active.
    Bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks equal to 5. Enjoy, everyone! It affects you all!
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-03-02 at 05:37 PM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Rtee flew silently in on the desert winds.

He had 'ported a few dunes over, and watched as the giant gods appeared one by one, bobbing and weaving the gigantic invisible waves of heated air that the desert gave off the intense heat, he almost looked like a fly fighting the wind.

He flew closer to the group, regarding the spread of food that one had summoned, such egregious use of magic was common from humans, and well, this was one was only recently plucked from that specific coil. He couldn't expect anything else.

He nodded, as he stepped forward, his frame suddenly growing to fill out to the same size as the others, seemingly from nothing as well "Agreed, this is Neutral ground, we are here to discuss things." He said, a little too monotone. He had been working on that, but well, probably lost it in the last 300 years of 1000, studying the mountain.

There was a lot to learn, and sometimes you had to prioritize, and speaking fluently to people...sometimes wasn't one of them. It would come back to him quickly either way, a throwback from his former life, and it's voice modulation program.

Some things never changed.

Spoiler
    Show

Start off as Fine size, and changing to Medium sized with Alter Size SDA
    Last edited by BelGareth; 2018-03-02 at 05:24 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare
    “Gnyðja mundu nú grísir, ef þeir vissi, hvat inn gamli þyldi” -Ragnar Lodbrok

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

Discord -Now with a recruitment bot!

7. - Top - End - #7
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    "Agreed, we can expect much conflict without turning on each other." The words fall from the sky, landing moments before the demonic demigod of good and evil.

"Who brought the refreshments?" she asks as she seats herself and digs in.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

Presence Aura active.
    Bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, and Intimidate checks equal to 5. Enjoy, everyone! It affects you all!
    ”I thought it fitting to create a positive mood. At the very least, things can start with civility.”

Show

8. - Top - End - #8

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Esprit15 View Post
    ”I thought it fitting to create a positive mood. At the very least, things can start with civility.”
    "Your effort is certainly appreciated." Elezarei bows respectfully before beginning to eat as well.
    There are 1d20 types of people in the world: people that always roll natural 1 when it matters.

...yes, the above sentence is in fact meaningless. But you did a double-take, didn't you?

9. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Y'nevieve looks up from the plate of food she is not-at-all-daintily digging into. "Okay, enough coddling each other here. We're here for a reason.
    And it isn't for tea. Let's compare notes. I'll start. The rising corpses are a problem for me. The mercenaries and assassins that swear in my name the Red Pledge can't really say their target is dead if the body stands up again.
    Whose next? Whose got more to tell?"

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LairdMaon View Post
    Y'nevieve looks up from the plate of food she is not-at-all-daintily digging into. "Okay, enough coddling each other here. We're here for a reason.
    And it isn't for tea. Let's compare notes. I'll start. The rising corpses are a problem for me. The mercenaries and assassins that swear in my name the Red Pledge can't really say their target is dead if the body stands up again.
    Whose next? Whose got more to tell?"
    ”Not much more than what is already known by all here. Demons have my church tied up and running throughout the nations. I’ve even considered having talks with some of the higher ups among the devils just to find a source of assistance, since at the very least we can agree that the demons are a more immediate threat to both of our planes than each other,” Alim says, taking a seat and having a bite of some fruit. “Perhaps you could head those talks, having more of a tie to their essence than I.

Elazarei, perhaps you could speak to that lich, Maltorat, who was known to have successfully scried Interitus? You are effectively our current god of magic since Baccob’s disappearance, and most capable of keeping him under control if he should respond with hostility.

I will do what I can to speak to those who have taken to hiding in their demiplanes. Perhaps a few of those mages could be implored to help. After all, what point is there in survival if there is nothing left around you?”

Show

11. - Top - End - #11

Planetar

Elezarei ponders a moment.
    "It is certainly something I could do...I am not sure how amicable he will be but I can do my best. And we're going to need all the help we can get."
    He certainly wasn't looking forward to going after the lich, but what must be done must be done.
    Last edited by Aleph Null; 2018-03-06 at 09:45 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Arte listens with a passive face. He frowned.

Going alone was dangerous, even for them.

"I shall join Elazarei, as the human saying goes, 2 is better than one"
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A

“Take but degree away, untune that string, And, hark, what discord follows!” -Shakespeare

"I have a high art; I hurt with cruelty those who would damage me." -Archilochus

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

Alim smiles. Good, progress. "Y'nevieve, what are your thoughts on speaking with some of the leaders of the Nine Hells? Between the demons becoming more adventurous and the possibility of their source of souls being lost, I think it is possible that it could be in their interest to help us, at least temporarily."

Show

14. - Top - End - #14
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"They'll likely resist at first. In their place, I would. But I'm sure I can make them listen to reason. And if reason fails to sway them, brute force will suffice."

She examines her nails for a moment as she ponders the task at hand. "Economics could work, too. If I tell them that I'll simply ensure all my followers who die find their souls outside of their realm... Heh, a benefit of being both Good and Evil."
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-03-09 at 12:20 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

”I cannot say that I approve, but far be it from me to dictate how other gods should run their faiths.

Well, I have a lot of paranoid wizards and sorcerers to speak to, so I best be moving.”
    Alim takes another piece of fruit, and with a small flourish, summons a great, rainbow colored, winged serpent. “The Astral Plane, if you would be so kind,” he says, climbing aboard the creature as though heading off into battle. The creature gives a flap of its wings, kicking up a little sand and dust, before vanishing in a crack of light.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Summon Monster IX, Summon Couatl, Couatl uses Plane Shift

Alim looks off into the stary expanse of the Astral Plane. Infinite places to travel, infinite places to be... dismissing the summoned creature, Alim teleports to the entrance of any known demiplanes. Additionally, he mentally informs his high priests to assist any followers of the other major churches, if so asked.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Greater Teleport
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2018-03-18 at 01:27 PM.

Show

16. - Top - End - #16
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Y'nevieve chuckles at Alim's words as she tips back a goblet of wine. "Approval was never sought nor would it be welcome were it given. The ends justify any means."

A second Couatl appears, this one altering its form at the mental command of Y'nevieve. It's yellow and black body wraps around the demigod and it looks to her for direction. "Nine Hells. Ninth level,
    specifically. And I'll have one more task when you deliver me."

17. - Top - End - #17

NecromancerGuy

Two deities would appear in their chosen locations without incident.

The Astral Plane would for once be crowded, rats fleeing a sinking ship as those wizards with the power for planar travel but not able to create a demiplane of their own petitioned, begged and bargained their way into various havens.

For once the appearance of a deity would draw little attention, and any attempt to access a demiplane would quickly lead to accusations of queue jumping.

Nessus would be abuzz with preparations for war, Y'nevieve's arrival would have a whole cohort of pit fiends surrounding her within under a minute, weapons levelled cautiously at the woman. One, their equipment a touch grander than the rest, some kind of lieutenant perhaps, stepped forwards to greet her, "Hail vile one, I fear you happen upon us at a poor time, pray state thy intentions lest my brothers and I smite thee down."
    "How much to help you craft items? I'll cover the XP costs" All Lvl 15 Githyanki

18. - Top - End - #18
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

Y'nevieve gives the pit fiends a minimal glance and stretches one hand toward the leader with her index finger up, before addressing the couatl, "You're other task is to deliver a message to my church. Tell them 'The Mother of this Church orders all to finish their current jobs and then prepare for war. Tend to the rising dead. By the Red Pledge.' Got it?"

When the couatl leaves she turns her attention to the fiends surrounding her and the one who spoke. "I did not come here to follow orders, but to recruit troops, to gain allies. Or slaves, however you choose to work with me." She takes a closer look at the fools arrayed around her, "So tell me, how are we going to cooperate? And why IN ALL THESE HELLS DO YOU THINK TO HOLD WEAPONS ON ME?!" Her displeasure is very much on display.
    Last edited by LairdMaon; 2018-03-19 at 07:27 PM.

19. - Top - End - #19

NecromancerGuy

The leader gives her a cold gaze but his tone is polite with just a hint of worry, "Many pardons lady, but my orders come from someone far scarier than you, and whilst you can likely kill us, you don't have his reputation for... creativity. Again I ask for a clear statement of your intent."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"I stated My intent. I will not repeat it!" spits the demigodess. "Who gives you these orders? I assume you will follow Me once I have trounced the upstart, yes?"

21. - Top - End - #21
    Titan in the Playground

”Cutting in line? No, I am just seeking to discuss terms with those who have made their own demiplanes. The remaining powers are seeking aid from capable individuals,” Saint Alim said, rather baffled at being spoken to so rudely. The nimbus of light around him glows slightly brighter, as if to highlight his significance. “There may even be compensation for those who willingly assist,” he says, annoyed at having to sweeten the deal for what should be a moral obligation.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Diplomacy: (1d20+58)[62]

Additional +2 to all Good alligned individuals
    Last edited by Esprit15; 2018-03-19 at 09:00 PM.

Show

22. - Top - End - #22

NecromancerGuy

The Pit Fiend goes to reply before falling silent as in a crescendo of thunder a being appears behind the goddess, batlike wings resplendent behind him and curling horns surrounded by a crown of oily green fire.

"No please, don't mind me." The Lord of the Nine Hells says, in a voice as smooth as silk and sweet as honey, "Pray tell exactly what you intended to do to me." He offers Y'nevieve a sharklike smile, black eyes focusing on her, "I'll award points for ingenuity."

----------

A number of the people in the queue would indeed leave to speak to him, to offer aid, but it's cautious, tempered by fear and the offers of aid would soon show themselves to be paltry even when offering their full strength.

"You'll have little luck here holy one." A grizzled orc with a ragged beard would inform him, "I would wager maybe a handful of those here have the power to provide any aid of real use, and half that the inclination. If you've the patience for it we're queueing to enter the realm of the wizard Gnoran who has opened his home to practitioners of magic seeking shelter from the coming doom, it's him you should be speaking to."
    Last edited by ErebusVonMori; 2018-03-19 at 09:26 PM.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Titan in the Playground

Those who do seem on the fence, Saint Alim suggests to seriously consider his offer. Hiding only delays what may come, after all. Better to join now when not all the higher powers have been killed off. ”It’s him I intend to speak to, my good sir. Much as I would like to wait in this line, I must stress the urgency of my meeting sooner than later. One of my other companions is going to speak with higher ups in Hell, if that gives a sense of desperation. I’d rather be let through quickly to speak, but sneaking by those here is not much of a difficulty for me, if I must.

Or are you going to tell one of the few remaining gods to take a number while Armageddon moves closer with every passing day?”

Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Troll in the Playground

MindFlayer

"Good. I have your attention. There is a need for troops and I intend to gain your assistance. Now why don't you call off your little cronies and come speak with me like a reasonable individual."

25. - Top - End - #25

Planetar

Elezarei gives Arte a nod.
    "If you indeed wish to assist me, then I shall see you there."
    And with that, he vanishes.
    Spoiler: SLA: Greater TP
    Show

Destination: the frozen wastes, to Maltorat's lair (just outside it).

26. - Top - End - #26
    Titan in the Playground

Arte nods with a quiet clacking of artificial joints, which is weird, as the demigod has supreme control over his body, he was want for strange displays oft times, his mind wandering, or perhaps it was a lapse in focus?

Whatever it was, he too *popped* out of existence and reappeared next to the Glorious Angel, this time as a normal sized glistening metaled man.

Turning to the beautiful incarnation next to him "What do you plan on doing? Do we knock, or get in ourselves?"

Spoiler
    Show

Greater teleport

sidenote: I just realized I have no way to travel between planes, or any protection against elements *FACEDESK*
    Spoiler
    Show

Bel's Compendium
    Homebrew sig
    Epic items of interest
    Sir cowabunga of clubs
    ENTJ-A