New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Barbarian in the Playground

BardGuy

Post 'Quest for the Shattered Star' AP [IC]

Spoiler: All the info you could ever want on Magnimar
    Show
    Most of this information will be known to all of the PC's, but there will be things I leave out for future Knowledge checks.
    Spoiler: A little history
    Show
    Founded by Korvosan dissenters in 4608 AR, the City of Monuments now stands as a rival to Korvosa in an open war of coin and words. The people of the city are termed 'Magnimarians' and they call Korvosa: 'Little Cheliax'.

Magnimar has begun to slowly expand her sphere of influence to encompass many nearby settlements and communities. These communities tend to be healthier than those of Magnimar's main rival Korvosa. They are Galduria, Nybor, Ravenmoor, Sandpoint, Turtleback Ferry, Wartle, and Wolf's Ear.

The Eyes of the Hawk adventuring group famously defended Magnimar from shriezyx freed from the Irespan in 4623 AR. Several monuments in the city, including The Guardians, Eyes of the Hawk monument, and Grand Arch district, commemorate this event.
    Spoiler: Demographics
    Show
    Magnimar, City of Monuments
    N large city
    Corruption +2, Crime +2, Economy +5, Law +2, Lore +6, Society +1
    Qualities: academic, prosperous, rumormongering citizens, strategic location, tourist attraction
    Danger +0
    Government: autocracy (lord-mayor)
    Population: 16,428 (13,307 humans, 821 halflings, 657 dwarves, 657 elves, 493 gnomes, 329 half-elves, 164 half-orcs)
    Spoiler: Description & Map
    Show
    Magnimar's sprawling slate rooftops and marble avenues stretch from the foundations of the Irespan - a ruined stone bridge of impossible size-to beyond the western banks of the Yondabakari River. A sheer cliff, the Seacleft, cuts through the city's heart, dividing Magnimar into its two major sections: the Summit, upon the cliff's top, and the Shore, below.
    Spoiler: Large Map w/ Legend
    Show

Magnimar is a large city located on the southwestern coast of Varisia where the Yondabakari River empties into the Varisian Gulf. The city is surrounded by the mostly inhospitable Mushfens.[5] The city itself is defined by two colossal landmarks which predate modern civilization by thousands of years or more. The Irespan is an ancient Thassilonian ruin, the easternmost end of a giant bridge which has now crumbled into the sea. This enormous relic stretched from Magnimar's other most noticeable feature, the three-hundred-foot tall cliff which cuts the city in two known as the Seacleft.
    Spoiler: City Districts
    Show
    While these unavoidable monuments provide natural dividers to the city's three major districts (the Summit atop the cliff, the Shore below, and the Shadow under the Irespan,) residents recognize nine city districts within Magnimar.
    The Summit The wealthiest communities in Magnimar are located in the Summit atop the rise of the Seacleft, as are the city's centers of government, education, and arts. The Summit contains the following three city districts:
    • Alabaster District, incorporating the neighbourhoods of Marble District and the Stylobate
    • Capital District, incorporating the neighbourhood of Bridgeward
    • Naos, incorporating the neighbourhoods of Grand Arch and Vista
    The Shore Home to the majority of Magnimar's working class, the Shore contains Magnimar's coasts and docks, and the following five city districts:
    • Beacon's Point, incorporating the neighborhood of Rag's End
    • Dockway
    • Keystone, incorporating the neighborhoods of The Marches and Silver Shore
    • Lowcleft
    • Ordellia, incorporating Kyver's Islet
    The Shadow The Shadow district is the most derelict in the city and houses only the single city district of Underbridge. It is home to the seediest of Magnimar's inhabitants and most members of the government take an "out of sight, out of mind" approach to the district's problems.
    Spoiler: Religion
    Show
    Temples exist to Calistria, Desna, Erastil, Iomedae, Norgorber, Pharasma, and Sarenrae. Some Empyreal lords are worshiped, but not in formal temples. Private meeting places revere Arshea, Ashava, Ragathiel, Sinashakti, Soralyon, and Ylimancha.
    Spoiler: Economy
    Show
    Compared to its sister city Korvosa, Magnimar tends to put few restrictions on trade and traders. It openly encourages the formation of trade guilds, and generally is a place where almost anyone (given good connections and a healthy amount of luck) can make something of him or herself. Because of these attitudes, even though Magnimar is still smaller than Korvosa in terms of both population and trade, it may soon grow to outstrip its neighbor.
    Spoiler: Government
    Show
    Magnimar is ruled by two official political bodies: the Council of Ushers and the Office of the Lord-Mayor. This two-tiered system was established at the city's founding to ensure that no single person ever had too much control. Despite the idealist intentions of the city's founders, over the last century both offices have become more power-hungry and less effective at representing the needs of the city-state's citizens.
    The Council of Ushers The Council of Ushers serves as the legislature of Magnimar and currently contains 117 members. Of these, many are nobles whose families have held seats for generations, back to the time when the Council was but fifteen members large. With many more seats now that there are noble families, dozens of seats are filled with scheming merchants and greedy power-seekers, as well as a frustrated number of genuinely altruistic activists and honest merchants all vying to have their personal causes (many of which are entirely self-serving) heard and passed into law. The Council meets in austere Usher's Hall in Capital District.
    The office of the Lord-Mayor In theory restricted by the council of Ushers the Lord-Mayor is by far the most powerful person in Magnimar. This immense power normally result in a corruption and the current Lord-Mayor Haldmeer Grobaras is no exception. Many of Magnimar's political matters are determined not by who is right or at least most persuasive but who brings the Lord-Mayor the most lavish and impressive gift (bribe). While in theory the Lord-Mayor must uphold the mandates of the Council of Ushers Grobaras has frequently ignored them when they have not been to his liking.
    Justice Court When legal arbitration is needed above and beyond what the city guard themselves can handle, the legal system of Magnimar calls upon the Justice Court. This body of thirteen Justices is the highest court in the city state and rules on disagreements as well as the guilt or innocent of those accused of particularly heinous crimes. The Court meets in the Pediment Building also serves as a prison for the city's most hardened criminals, located in a dungeon deep beneath the building called "the Hells."
    Spoiler: All Monument Locations and Boons
    Show

You all had received a letter to report to Heidmarch Manor, from the prestigious new Venture-Captain, Lady Sheila Heidmarch. It is here where you all shall start your first official Pathfinder Society Expedition.
    Spoiler: Grid Map of Heidmarch Manor
    Show
    Ignore all the colored dots and such as they shouldn't be there lol I just copied the pictures from google.
    Heidmarch Manor is located in the Alabaster District, not far from the city's easternmost gate. The manor grounds are surrounded by a large stone wall roughly 10-12 feet high. The front gate however hangs open during the day- visitors are always welcome to the manor, which has recently come to double as Varisia's first official Pathfinder Lodge.

A fairly short and gruff man, resembling a Dwarf but without the discerning features, speaks to all of you as you casually come through the open main door into the manor."Ah, you all must be the ones the Lady of the house sent those letters too! Please, wait here, take a seat, and I will notify the Captain of your arrivals." He makes a gesture towards the many benches, chairs, and couches around the large open foyer, then makes his way upstairs.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-03-07 at 12:32 PM. Reason: added all of the Magnimar monuments in english
    Spoiler: Currently Made Characters
    Show

2. - Top - End - #2
    Halfling in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: 'Quest for the Shattered Star' AP [IC]

"Good to meet you sir and may I say this is a very fine-looking establishment?" The three-and-a-half-foot tall gnome, clad in hides, steps through the door, goes to one of the couches, and lies down on his stomach, facing the staircase.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

A broad-shouldered young man saunters through the gate and open door, eyes quietly drifting from side to side. His face does not yet show the wrinkles that age will bring, and only the barest trace of stubble mars his lips and chin, though several dark tattoos mark his cheeks and forehead. It will be many seasons yet before he has to shave to maintain face. Two protracted canines protrude from his lower jaw, conspiring with his vaguely green skin to clearly mark him a Half-Orc. His eyes drift to the Gnome resting supine on the couch. "You are... small," he casually states, as he brazenly inspects the hide-clad figure. "and laying oddly. You would never respond to a threat in time, with your hands pinned so."

He doesn't take a seat, preferring to stand against a wall, the bone-inlaid hilt of a massive club protruding over one shoulder.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

A young man in simple, priestly garments steps through the door, muttering a quiet thank you and a respectful nod to the doorman as he enters the manor. He is clearly of Mwangi heritage, though his dress and accent are Osirian. Both his head and facial hair are shaven, and he bears a blue-painted wooden ankh around his neck and a scimitar at his waist--both marking him as a follower of Sarenrae. Giving a warm smile to the gnome and half-orc already there, he finds a seat and settles into it. "It appears I've found the right place," he says to them, settling in to wait for the Captain to arrive.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

Most recent update: Chapter 6: Devastation

-----

A worldbuilding project, still work in progress: Reign of the Corven

Most recent update: another look at magic traditions!

5. - Top - End - #5

PaladinGuy

The gnome pushes himself up into a standing position, still on the couch, after the half-orc enters and greets him. Rapidly he says, "Indeed, I am small, just as you are big, and this is well." He pauses as the other newcomer arrives, then continues: "A great pleasure to meet you both of course. My name if you please is Calamus Goldenbranch, and yours?" He glances quickly back and forth between the two others in the room, giving the impression that he is shaking his head as though in negation.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Bugbear in the Playground

SwashbucklerGuy

Auriferous strides into the room with purpose born from self assurance. Handsome with golden curls in his hair, he wears ostentatious clothes and holds a spear lightly in his hand.

He gives a winning smile to the dwarf, thanks him for his service before turning to the others in the room.

"Auriferous Olevery," he said with a practiced bow, "you may have read my novel, Biting the Bulette, I am quite excited to meet you all."

Already his mind is taking in the details of those around him, memorizing the details for later use. Of course every great story hinged on a strong beginning, and this story was shaping up to be quite unique based on the looks of the other recipients of the captains letters.
    Last edited by thegoldenfedora; 2018-02-28 at 01:07 AM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Darius comes in, seeming a bit short of breath as he enters. He's wearing deep blue simple robes, and his blue hair is neatly tied into a long-knot braid. His elemental heritage is quite plain for anyone who has any mild learning about planar matters. The Undine looks up and says as he enters the room "Sorry for being late, I got caught up with viewing the monuments over in the Seerspring Garden and just lost track of time." He takes a moment after that to catch his breath and calm down a little, then gives a deep, though not quite courtly, bow and introduces himself properly. "Darius Blackwell, but I usually go by 'Riptide'. It's an honor to meet you all."
    Dark Souls 5E by Valmark: Krogarn Krakenhammer

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Nym takes the trip back up to the Summit with some trepidation. So close to what had once been home, but was now a place she where was unwelcome - even making an effort, as she does, to make a wide arc away from the Mindurian estate, it's still far closer than she's been in years. She keeps the hood of her cloak up as soon as she's made the ascent up from the Shore, not wanting any awkward reunions with old acquaintances or, worse, relatives. But these worries are all but swept away by the far more powerful feeling of excitement, an almost giddy anticipation of what's to come. It's a strange turn of events, that years after she had all but forgotten her childhood dreams, after she rebuilt a life for herself away from her family, now the letter comes that could change everything.

Nym's thoughts on the matter come to an end, however, as she reaches the manor. Once she steps in through the gates, she finally lowers her hood, giving one last glance back to the street before heading inside with a cool but not unfriendly nod as her response to the dwarf at the door. Inside, she looks over the others already present, giving them another nod in greeting. There's a slight delay before she speaks, as she silently wonders at seeing a certain scaly tavern guard here, but she doesn't comment.

"Good afternoon. My name is Atrexia; I take it you have all received letters from the Lady Heidmarch as well?" She asks, both her excitement and impatience well-hidden by her carefully curated tone. Her manner and bearing are also clearly - but not overtly - those of one quite at home in the Alabaster District.
    Not Person_Man, don't thank me for things he did.

Old-to-New table converter. Also not made by me.

9. - Top - End - #9

BardGuy

The dwarf quickly makes his way back downstairs and begins going through papers on his desk, frantically writing things down. Following behind him are two women. The first is a raven-haired Human dressed in a royal blue and green dress holding a staff. The second is an attractive half-elf in leather armor with a mithral-and-redwood aklys strapped to her belt.

"Greetings, my name is Sheila Heidmarch, Venture-Captain of this lodge. This is my other guest Koriah. My apologies, but she has just returned with a great collection of Thassilonian relics I must finish going over. In the meantime, would you all be willing to investigate another matter at hand?" The woman in the dress says with an unusually deep, gravelly voice. She then beckons for you all to follow her as she turns to leave the foyer; the other woman following suit.

Spoiler: The NPC's
    Show
    Spoiler: Sheila Heidmarch
    Show
    Spoiler: Koria
    Show
    Spoiler: The dwarf assistant
    Show
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-02-28 at 09:18 PM.
    Show

10. - Top - End - #10

PaladinGuy

Calamus steps down from the couch as the three come down the staircase. He moves toward the dwarf as he opens his mouth to speak, then realizes that the one who greeted him when he entered the house is quite busy at the moment. As the human woman asks her question, Calamus's eyes catch on the staff she holds in her right hand. An interesting implement, and the ornament at the top... some kind of bird? "Needless to ask though I suppose by my asking I am saying that there is a need to ask, hmm, well anyway," he begins, still intrigued by the carved wood. "Certainly this can be said of me and I suspect of the rest of us as well that we might happily investigate this if we knew what it was but until then there is no certainty in this, hmm. I for one would be very interested indeed to hear more about this matter." He looks to the others gathered here.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Titan in the Playground

First to the Gnome, "I am Anaua kwa huruma. Err, that is 'Kills with Mercy', in the common tongue." The sudden abrupt mixture of the Shoanti tongue comes perhaps as a surprise- though the tattoos were a strong indicator. "and if I do not please?" He chuckles quietly at the lame joke. Then the other bald young man- apparently priestly, earns a wary glance and a nod of acknowledgement, though not necessarily agreement.

A blond-haired man who thinks highly of himself is rewarded with a single raised eyebrow. "I can assure you I have not." Shortly after, a blue-hued man arrives. Turnok's narrow eyes betray his distrust of people so open. "It may be an honor, someday." The appearance of a red-haired woman sends the Dwarf scurrying away- apparently to alert their hostess. "It seems so," Turnok grunts in response to her question.

"More than I expected," he comments, looking around the room at the unlikely gathering. At the return of the Dwarf, followed by the Lady Heidmarch and another young woman, Turnok falls silent, giving them his attention. He nods in acknowledgement and begins to follow.

On the way past the Dwarven assistant, Turnok pauses briefly. "I have never met a Dwarf without a beard...." he mumbles. Obviously curious, the young man is equally obviously uninterested in delaying his hostess. He doesn't wait for a response as he eagerly strides into the next room.

12. - Top - End - #12

BardGuy

"Ah yes, rightfully so! In my study there is a stone coffer that was recently discovered. It's a Thassilonian puzzle known as a paradox box, a cunning feat of magical engineering. As you'll see from casual investigation, what appears to be seams on the sides are just shallow grooves-there's no obvious way to open it. Each box generally has its own method of being opened. Essentially, a paradox box substitutes hidden catches and magical triggers for a lock. Given time, anyone clever enough could figure out how to open such a box, just as given time, a locksmith can open a lock. I unfortunately have just not been able to get around to it. The scrolls laid out on the table are Koriah's preliminary notes notes on possible triggers or methods of opening it, but she's not yet had a chance to sit down and properly investigate the thing. So... why don't you all put your heads together and see if you can't do that for me? Even if the box is empty, as I suspect it probably is, knowing the method of opening it makes it a valuable find anyways. I'll return shortly, and I hope to see that box open! Think of this as an audition, if you will-because the actual task I want to speak to you about soon will require as much wit as it will brawn! The study is just to the right of the doors behind me."

With that she opens the double mahogany doors behind, opens the door to the right, then makes her way up the stairs. The half-elf follows right behind her, not saying a word.

The dwarf is sure to make a comment to the half-orc as he heads out, "Because I'm no dwarf, sonny! So thanks for bringing up my height problem," in the clearest Human common you've heard come out of his mouth. He then starts to grumble as he keeps going through papers.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-02-28 at 09:19 PM.
    Show

13. - Top - End - #13
    Titan in the Playground

The big, young, bald Half-Orc steps through the doors and scowls at the box. "Hrmf." he grunts, looking to the others as they file in. "Guess we can start with the notes..."

Clearly unexcited by the prospect, he nonetheless begins to peruse the pages.

14. - Top - End - #14

SwashbucklerGuy

The overzealous half elf hardly bats an eye to the lack of response to his novel, and when the lodge captain appears he uses his signature bow once again, making certain that his cloak flourished just the right way.

"Hello venture captain, thank you for your invitation, I am more than happy to assist in whatever matter you might require assistance with."

He quickly regretted his words when he learned that his task was a simple puzzle box. Opening a box was not a glamorous beginning for his novel, but he kept on his winning smile, there was no reason to include this part when he would begin to write.

"Well then there's no time to waste, let me at those notes." with a flourish, he heads to the study.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Titan in the Playground

As Sheila appears, Nym directs her attention to her, and nods at her question. When the venture-captain leads them further into the manor, she follows quietly, suppressing her annoyance at being called for something only to have their hostess ask them to delay their meeting. If she wanted things done, couldn't she just speak to them now, and then continue her discussion with Koriah later? Nym's irritation fades, though, as Sheila mentions a Thassilonian relic, and the appeal of the prospect of studying one quickly overcomes her lingering dissatisfaction.

As the group enters the room with the item, Nym approaches it quickly, looking it over while she considers what she's read on such things in the past.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Darius, not knowing the first thing about such ancient objects, none the less looks the box over as best he can.

17. - Top - End - #17

PaladinGuy

Calamus steps into the study behind the rest of the group and looks around curiously, taking stock of this study room. After examining his immediate surroundings he turns his attention to the object which brought everyone into this room in the first place. A strange object, locked and its contents mysterious? The gnome does not touch the box, but stares raptly at it for a few moments, then glances over to the notes already laid out on the desk.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Looking over the puzzle box with interest, Mehren gives a nod to the guild captain. "We'd be pleased to look it over." He begins rifling through the notes with the others. "Might as well see what's already been tried, at least..." he muses.
    I'm playing Ironsworn, an RPG that you can run solo - and I'm putting the campaign up on GitP!

-----

19. - Top - End - #19

BardGuy

The chamber itself looks like a very cluttered study/library. Bookshelves and a multitude of books line every wall up to the ceiling, 10ft high. Several of the tables along the walls are heaped with notes, scrolls, and letters. One table in the center of the room, however, supports only a single object-an ornate cubical stone coffer covered with Thassilonian runes.

Spoiler: Checking out the Notes
    Show
    A scroll lists translations of the significant runes on the box-one of the most oft-repeated symbols was the rune for "wrath," which Koriah also notes is associated with evocation magic, and in the earliest days of Thassilon with the word "kindness." But there is a side note stating that this particular rune seems to have little to do with the unlocking.

Another scroll lists a few other key observations-the main being that five of the box's faces are identical, but on one face, several additional runes appear. These runes spell out the word "CRUEL." She notes that each rune can be reorganized by touching two runes at once-doing so causes the two touched runes to exchange places for an hour before reverting to the original word.

Spoiler: Checking out the Box
    Show
    Alas, there seems to be no moving parts on the object and cannot be cracked with a lock-pick. Picking it up, shaking it, tapping on it, etc. provides no clues as to how it functions.

Spoiler: Nym's Knowledge checks
    Show
    See the notes section, you put together all of this information on your own without the notes. Especially knowing Thassilonian, you can easily read the runes on the box. And you are keen to believe that (through knowledge of other paradox boxes in history) some could be opened through the use of anagrams.

Just a fluff note: You are for certain that the mark of the Wrath rune indicates this box once belonged to a citizen of the Thassilonian nation of Bakrakhan.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-03-01 at 12:17 PM.
    Show

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

The Shoanti Half-Orc continues predominantly to frown at the box. He reads the notes with no difficulty, despite being written in a non-native language for him. As the party takes turns inspecting the box, he shakes it vigorously, irritated at the lack of even something rattling around within. "Why are we bothering with an empty box?" he gripes, orienting the thing such that the movable letters are on top.

At random, he swaps a few pairs of letters, before handing it to the next person. "It does not mean anything to me. You try."

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mehren notes the moving letters with interest, taking the box from Turnok and shifting them around a bit. "Hmm... A word puzzle, of some sort? Or perhaps another clue for how to open it?" Moving letters around at random doesn't seem to come up with any obvious arrangements, so he takes a blank page and begins noting down possibilities.

-----

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Nym looks at the box for a few moments, nodding. "Typical of Bakrakhan," she says softly, looking at the runes and seeming to test the letter-swapping a few times. "Seems like a fan of the Ovius line..." she murmurs, before turning to Mehren as he begins noting possible combinations. Looking at those he writes down for a few minutes, she eventually steps back over to the box, looking down at it for a few more moments before pressing down on several of the runes, shifting the word from CRUEL to LUCRE.

"Really, more of a Shalast thing," Nym comments, as she finishes.

23. - Top - End - #23

BardGuy

Spoiler: Large Image of the creatures
    Show

Upon Nym's last touch, putting the letters in place to spell LUCRE, the seams begin to glow with a soft red light. A sudden weight makes you all sense the worst...a trap... The top opens on hidden hinges and a bright deeper red light fills the room and your sight. The distinct sound of light *thumps* are heard by everyone, and as the light dissipates, you all see 3 hideous, tiny, dog-faced creatures on hind legs: 1 tearing away at some of the notes; another on one of the bookshelves, hacking away at books with a dog slicer; and the last, carving obscenities into the table supporting the paradox box.
    All of them begin laughing hysterically in squeaky voices when you all finally notice them.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-03-02 at 05:34 AM.
    Show

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

"What in the blazes is that!?" Turnok cries. "Hey, get away from there!" He lunges at the nearest... thing, arms outstretched.

Spoiler: Turnok, round 1?
    Show
    Turnok "Kills With Mercy"
    M Neutral (G) Half-Orc (Shoanti-raised) Ranger (Guide), Level 1, Init 2, HP 12/12, Speed 30
    AC 16, Touch 12, Flat-footed 14, CMD 17, Fort 3, Ref 4, Will 1, CMB +5, Base Attack Bonus 1
    Earthbreaker +6 (2d6+6, x3)
    Klar +5 (1d6+4, x2)
    Javelin (w/ amentum) (6x) +3 (1d6+4, x2)
    Leather Lamellar, Klar (+4 Armor, +2 Dex)
    Abilities Str 19, Dex 14, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
    Condition Nontraditional native: +1 to crit confirmation w/ klar & earthbreaker

(1d20+2)[9] initiative

(1d20+5)[10] CMB to initiate a grapple

25. - Top - End - #25
    Orc in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Looking quite surprised at the appearance of the weird dog-goblin creatures, he none the less moves to engage the one hacking up the bookshelf to grab him.

Spoiler: Round 1 actions
    Show

Darius will move to stop the one chopping up the book shelf, going in for a grapple check. He does not provoke due to having Imp. Grapple. Should one of the creatures go to attack him, he'll interrupt them with a Redirection attack.

Grapple Check: (1d20+4)[19]
    Redirection (Trip) (if needed): (1d20+1)[8] DC 13 to avoid sickened condition for 1 round

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

I realized I probably should have waited to roll the Redirect until after I saw if something attacked me, but this might make it simpler for the DM on his end so that if what I do alters his numbers, he can adjust for it. Let me know which one you prefer Gideon.
    Last edited by Krogarn; 2018-03-01 at 10:38 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26

SwashbucklerGuy

"Ahh, pugwampi's," Auriferous says after he gets over his initial shock, he readies his staff as he continues to yell over the aggravating laughter. "You know I once had a run in with the little vermin, my traveling companion at the time thought they were an actual dog... Take this you little bugger" He takes a quick hop back and jabs forward at the nearest gremlin he could get a clean shot at.

"Of course, he realized his mistake most quickly when he picked one up, what a ruckus that one caused. He pauses to duck underneath a flying piece of debree before continuing, "I believe he had it stuffed later on... Oh also they are fey so if you have cold iron, now is the time to use it!"

Spoiler: actions
    Show

Swift action: begin archaeologists luck for +2 luck bonus to attack, damage, skill checks and saving throws
    move action: move to position to attack nearest gremlin with reach, if there is such a position that provides flanking even better
    Standard action: attack (1d20+4)[20] add 2 if flanking is possible, damage (1d8+5)[8] crits on 24
    Crit confirm (1d20+4)[20]
    Extra damage +(2d8+10)[19]
    Free action: end archaeologist luck and let it linger with lingering performance

Spoiler: ooc
    Show
    that story is 100% a lie, I can roll a bluff if anyone cares, but that is kinda going to be one of his things unless it gets annoying

27. - Top - End - #27
    Titan in the Playground

"Of all the - really?" Nym mutters, as the creatures appear. "A box survives for millenia, in pristine condition, only to disgorge these?" She spends a few moments brushing off her sleeves and scowling, before pointing a finger at one and intoning an arcane syllable.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Being slow. Then using Force Missile, the Evoker ability.

Damage: (1d4+1)[3]
    Spell Resistance: (1d20+1)[8]

28. - Top - End - #28

PaladinGuy

"Eek!" Calamus squeals as he sees the gremlins beginning to tear up the place. He fixates on the one carving very rude things into the table and points at it. "You shouldn't ruin this nice table!" he declares as he produces a small spear from his back and tosses it at the creature.

Show

Ranged (thrown) spear attack: (1d20+3)[6]

(I realized afterward that I had calculated my attack bonus wrong for the spear throwing, so the roll should actually be 5 instead of 6. Not that it's likely to make much difference)

Damage if hit: (1d6)[6]
    Last edited by Morvram; 2018-03-02 at 12:57 PM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Mehren steps back, startled, but quickly composes himself. Stepping back, he chants a spell, and a warm light emanates from his brandished holy symbol and washes over the party.

Show
    5ft step back and cast bless, so +1 attack and saves vs fear for all attacks after Mehren acts. Lasts for one minute. If the DM is willing to apply it retroactively based on initiative order it'll apply to anyone after me in initiative.

-----

30. - Top - End - #30

BardGuy

Auriferous' long spear deftly guts the small lapdog on the table with the notes in one powerful lunge. It's almost lifeless body, now losing blood, just lays there gasping. The annoying laughter has stopped in the room as the Pugwampi see the first of them fall in one drop. The cleric blesses his comrades, but it does little to help the Gnome as his throwing spear sails past the Pugwampi by the paradox box. The spear soars to the other end of the room and pierces a crystal ball resting on one of the bookshelves-the ball shattering instantly. As the Half-Orc and the Undine try to grab the Pugwampi, the one in front of the Half-Orc tries to slash with his tiny dog-slicer, but fail miserably. Fortunately for Turnok and Darius, they are quick on their feet and easily manage to grab the other two Pugwampi in their bare hands. The tiny things struggle, but are unable to escape either of their grasps. Suddenly a wild force missile fires from the hands of Nym but perfectly strikes the Pugwampi in "Kills with Mercy's" hands.

All of you hear the distinct gravely voice of your hostess from just above you. "What in the blazes is all that racket in my home?! I knew I shouldn't have left a magic relic with a group of beginners!!" And you clearly hear her steps in aggravation as she makes her way to the staircase.
    Last edited by GideonBurkheart; 2018-03-02 at 03:04 PM.
    Show