The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 12 of 38 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314151617181920212237 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #331
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm OOC Thread 2

AV, Hazuki, let me know if anything is confusing (either today or going forward).

Actually that goes for you two too, Random & hyperbolic (and whoiam).

I've lost track of which players know which information (i.e. depending on when they joined the game), so I might refer to stuff that you don't recall.

When I get a chance I will update a synopsis of the Yaris mission, and perhaps a few others prior to that so new players (and myself) can learn/refresh roughly the trajectory of the party and what's happened so far.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-08 at 12:16 PM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #332
    Titan in the Playground

Thus far, the only thing I'm unsure about is how much DS Jhriss should be starting with, as a general feel from his background. The only number I know for sure is "at least 1" just because "I rip off this dude, dude is impressed and becomes my mentor, I surpass him, I betray my mentor to the cops for personal gain" feels DS worthy, but even if that wasn't counted, I'm still unsure if "criminal/crime-adjacent businessman" should really be squeaky clean.

I'm getting a post up now.

EDIT: I'm also gonna try and get a HeroMachine picture for Jhriss, although because he's a weird race even by Star Wars standards, it might be awhile before I make one I'm happy with.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-10-08 at 01:04 PM.
    (WW/Mafia) Mansion Murder Mystery is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

3. - Top - End - #333
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Replies
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    How many dark side points does your character have and how did she earn each of them?
    0. That's not to say she's never had dark side points (she has, generally from 'using the force in anger'), but that she atones each time she gains one (typically via the 'sacrifice a force point' variant, since her career doesn't call for much in the way of heroism). So hardly a saint, but she's not currently carrying any.

Is your character loyal to Lusk and the Syndicate, or not so much? If yes, what was the loyalty test and how did she pass?
    More or less, yes. She's fairly open about not wanting to spend her entire life in the Syndicate, but she's not in any hurry to move on... yet.

For her loyalty test, she was ordered to interrogate a disloyal lieutenant of Lusk's. The syndicate already knew the important facts - how much had been stolen, and who he'd been acting in collusion with. But they didn't tell her that, instead sending her in to 'interrogate' him... after setting up remote surveillance of the meeting site (also without Zavi's knowledge). The tapes revealed he'd tried to bribe her, seduce her, and attack her during the course of the conversation (in that order) to get her to report him as 'clean' - only to have Zavi choke him half to death (with the force, naturally, she isn't going to be beating hardened criminals with her hands anytime soon) and call in an accurate and full report of his transgressions.

As a side note, this would mean that Lusk will be on the 'knows about her combat force powers' list, since he'd have seen her defending herself with them on the 'interrogation' tape.

[*]Believes that following the force at all, regardless of which part you pick, is outright stupid. The Force will always encourage whichever extreme's currently weak to rise up against the other; Long-term, the galaxy won't have real peace so long as people keep on listening to the Force. (Using it is fine, since it's there anyway, just don't obey it.) Where / how did your character adopt this philosophy?
    Zavi started out with a very Jedi-like viewpoint - stick to the light, listen to the force, etc. That was courtesy of her father. But like any child in Sunday School who is a little too convinced of their own cleverness, she eventually found herself asking 'If the Force is Good, why is there Evil?'.

Gadem's explanations weren't terribly convincing to her, but he did provide enough history for her to come up with her own. 'The Force is not Good'. Yes, every time the Dark Side is near to victory, some Padawan escapes to bring hope to the next generation... but every time the Jedi Order stands triumphant, some Sith Acolyte manages to sneak off with an accursed holocron. The Force is actively preventing either side from 'winning', regardless of which side it is.

(Sadly even Zavi's WIS score isn't high enough to realise this is Lucas' fault, not the Force's...)

Now, she'd long been warned about the effects the Dark Side could have on someone's psyche, and she'd still seen nothing to doubt it. But how could the sides of the force be so evenly matched if one of them could corrupt so easily, and the other could not? Which lead to her next revelation, that the Light Side could corrupt someone as well.

Take Gadem, for instance. If he'd followed the dictates of the Light, he'd have handed her over to a stranger at a few years old, to be raised as a Jedi (and then to be a Jedi once the training was complete). What little parenting he did was against the code, after all. But most of the Order never questioned the idea of ripping children out of their homes to raise them in Temples. Worse yet, staying a Jedi for long enough would leave you more and more dedicated to fighting for a 'higher purpose'... that was actively sabotaging their efforts whenever they did really well. It may not be as obvious (or fast) as the Dark Side, but the Light was twisting it's adherents too.

(Again, the Force likely isn't at fault for a lot of this, especially around the Jedi's approach to training younglings. That's more an Order fault than a Force one.)

The ultimate conclusion was that picking a 'side' was a fool's game - you could never win, no matter which side you picked and no matter how well you played. The only real solution to the problem is to tell both sides where to stick it and go live your own life according to your own judgement. You might still not have made a difference on the grand scheme of things, but at least you would have lived free.

[*]Maintains a code cylinder full of everything she knows about the syndicate intended for use as her 'retirement' security policy. Like most such things, it's on a 'send to the police if I miss my check-ins' orders with a third party. Not nearly enough to topple the syndicate, of course, but there's something in there for everyone she's worked with... except for a couple of close friends. Not that she'd ever admit to them either that the insurance exists or that it doesn't cover them...
    Need to flesh out the third party company a bit: What is their name? Who is her contact there? How does she update the information on the code cylinder? How much does it cost to maintain it?
    You know... I haven't the faintest clue how to price something like that out in Star Wars terms. For that matter, I've no idea what that would cost in reality, either (most programmers don't need insurance to stop their employers 'terminating' them at the end of a project...). Although that does remind me that I need to pay for a second code cylinder...

Anyway, the idea here wasn't for a secret associate or anything. More of a safe deposit box in a bank, filled with personal valuables (and the code cylinder just dropped in with the camoflage junk) with the bank instructions being to send it to her listed inheritor if she's ever confirmed dead (or drops out of contact for 3+ months). She 'just so happens' to have listed Treskar as her inheritor.

Whenever she's got enough leave she heads to the branch her box is in (let's say on... Sullust), does some regular banking, and updates the contents of her box.

4. - Top - End - #334
    Colossus in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    The tapes revealed he'd tried to bribe her, seduce her, and attack her during the course of the conversation (in that order) to get her to report him as 'clean'...
    Hol' up. They had a guy try to seduce a Yarkora?

I don't care what his loyalties were; he should have a leadership position for dedication alone.

5. - Top - End - #335
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Uh, no. That was a real traitor trying to save his own skin. Compared to what was likely to happen if she reported him to his boss, closing his eyes and pretending she's a Twi'Lek would have seemed like a decent trade.

(Wouldn't have worked, of course. He was only used as a loyalty test because Lusk already knew he was a traitor... but he and Zavi did not know that Lusk knew.)

And on a side note, it still annoys me that the +Wis/+Cha races are all ugly. You'd think the ugly species would be the ones with Cha penalties, wouldn't you? *sigh*
    Last edited by whoiam; 2018-10-08 at 06:04 PM.

6. - Top - End - #336
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post

I don't care what his loyalties were; he should have a leadership position for dedication alone.
    "Hey there, sexy camel lady. What say you and I go someplace where I can ride your lady-humps?"

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

7. - Top - End - #337

Uh, no. That was a real traitor trying to save his own skin. Compared to what was likely to happen if she reported him to his boss, closing his eyes and pretending she's a Twi'Lek would have seemed like a decent trade.

(Wouldn't have worked, of course. He was only used as a loyalty test because Lusk already knew he was a traitor... but he and Zavi did not.)

And on a side note, it still annoys me that the +Wis/+Cha races are all ugly. You'd think the ugly species would be the ones with Cha penalties, wouldn't you? *sigh*
    Still!

Could be a kind of stereotype-avoidance thing. If you have twi'leks be sexy and perfect Jedi, everyone's going to play a sexy twi'lek Jedi.

Quote Originally Posted by AvatarVecna View Post
    "Hey there, sexy camel lady. What say you and I go someplace where I can ride your lady-humps?"
    "I'm gonna turn your desert into floodplains." I'm so sorry.

8. - Top - End - #338
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Still!

Could be a kind of stereotype-avoidance thing. If you have twi'leks be sexy and perfect Jedi, everyone's going to play a sexy twi'lek Jedi.

I actually understand why the Twi'Leks weren't (Bib Fortuna's 'weak willed fool' moment being used to stereotype the entire species because that's most of the non-dancing-girl characterisation they've got outside EU material), but how the Yarkora and Ithorians ended up with racial Cha bonuses I never will know...

9. - Top - End - #339

I actually understand why the Twi'Leks weren't (Bib Fortuna's 'weak willed fool' moment being used to stereotype the entire species because that's most of the non-dancing-girl characterisation they've got outside EU material), but how the Yarkora and Ithorians ended up with racial Cha bonuses I never will know...
    From what I remember of KotOR, aren't Ithorians very genial and kind on the whole? I think that makes up more of their Cha score than wanting to make out with them.

10. - Top - End - #340
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

To quote the rulebook: "Charisma measures a character's force of personality, persuasiveness, personal magnetism, ability to lead, and physical attractiveness. It represents actual strength of personality and force of presence, not merely how others perceive you in a social setting."

So, y'know, physical attractiveness is on the list, geniality and kindness are not (though having enough presence to project them would be, simply being kind isn't charisma-boosting). And the ones we see back in KOTOR are actually pretty poor on the ability to lead or attract followers, despite their (mostly good) intentions.

11. - Top - End - #341

Sure they are. Compassion and kindness tie right into persuasiveness and personal magnetism, as well as attracting followers, if you do it on a scale beyond one scene. The Ithorian's entire reputation is built on those things and even if it's just people's expectation that you're earnest in your beliefs, it's going to help convince them to work with you. If you're working with your average Ithorian and your average Mandalorian, and you've been informed that one of them is a traitor, you're almost certainly going to be biased in favor of the pacifist gardener over the mercenary genocider.

It's certainly more universal than physical attractiveness (Which relies on a whole host of things IRL, let alone in Star Wars where there are so many species that there are probably all manner of species-based sexuality).
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-10-08 at 06:38 PM.

12. - Top - End - #342
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Sure they are. Compassion and kindness tie right into persuasiveness and personal magnetism, as well as attracting followers, if you do it on a scale beyond one scene. The Ithorian's entire reputation is built on those things and even if it's just people's expectation that you're earnest in your beliefs, it's going to help convince them to work with you. If you're working with your average Ithorian and your average Mandalorian, and you've been informed that one of them is a traitor, you're almost certainly going to be biased in favor of the pacifist gardener over the mercenary genocider.

It's certainly more universal than physical attractiveness (Which relies on a whole host of things IRL, let alone in Star Wars where there are so many species that there are probably all manner of species-based sexuality).
    *grin* Maybe you'd follow the pacifist gardener, but there's plenty of people in the setting who wouldn't (and even in Real Life, history's full of charismatic warlords who gathered vast followings...)

But the point I was making is that Charisma's less about how good of a person you are and more about how good you are at getting through to others - after all, if how good of a person you were counted, Palpatine's CHA score would have been negative!

13. - Top - End - #343
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler: Replies
    Show

0. That's not to say she's never had dark side points (she has, generally from 'using the force in anger'), but that she atones each time she gains one (typically via the 'sacrifice a force point' variant, since her career doesn't call for much in the way of heroism). So hardly a saint, but she's not currently carrying any.

ok, what has she done to earn dsp in the past and what did she do to atone?

More or less, yes. She's fairly open about not wanting to spend her entire life in the Syndicate, but she's not in any hurry to move on... yet.

For her loyalty test, she was ordered to interrogate a disloyal lieutenant of Lusk's. The syndicate already knew the important facts - how much had been stolen, and who he'd been acting in collusion with. But they didn't tell her that, instead sending her in to 'interrogate' him... after setting up remote surveillance of the meeting site (also without Zavi's knowledge). The tapes revealed he'd tried to bribe her, seduce her, and attack her during the course of the conversation (in that order) to get her to report him as 'clean' - only to have Zavi choke him half to death (with the force, naturally, she isn't going to be beating hardened criminals with her hands anytime soon) and call in an accurate and full report of his transgressions.

As a side note, this would mean that Lusk will be on the 'knows about her combat force powers' list, since he'd have seen her defending herself with them on the 'interrogation' tape.

Zavi started out with a very Jedi-like viewpoint - stick to the light, listen to the force, etc. That was courtesy of her father. But like any child in Sunday School who is a little too convinced of their own cleverness, she eventually found herself asking 'If the Force is Good, why is there Evil?'.

Gadem's explanations weren't terribly convincing to her, but he did provide enough history for her to come up with her own. 'The Force is not Good'. Yes, every time the Dark Side is near to victory, some Padawan escapes to bring hope to the next generation... but every time the Jedi Order stands triumphant, some Sith Acolyte manages to sneak off with an accursed holocron. The Force is actively preventing either side from 'winning', regardless of which side it is.

(Sadly even Zavi's WIS score isn't high enough to realise this is Lucas' fault, not the Force's...)

Now, she'd long been warned about the effects the Dark Side could have on someone's psyche, and she'd still seen nothing to doubt it. But how could the sides of the force be so evenly matched if one of them could corrupt so easily, and the other could not? Which lead to her next revelation, that the Light Side could corrupt someone as well.

Take Gadem, for instance. If he'd followed the dictates of the Light, he'd have handed her over to a stranger at a few years old, to be raised as a Jedi (and then to be a Jedi once the training was complete). What little parenting he did was against the code, after all. But most of the Order never questioned the idea of ripping children out of their homes to raise them in Temples. Worse yet, staying a Jedi for long enough would leave you more and more dedicated to fighting for a 'higher purpose'... that was actively sabotaging their efforts whenever they did really well. It may not be as obvious (or fast) as the Dark Side, but the Light was twisting it's adherents too.

(Again, the Force likely isn't at fault for a lot of this, especially around the Jedi's approach to training younglings. That's more an Order fault than a Force one.)

The ultimate conclusion was that picking a 'side' was a fool's game - you could never win, no matter which side you picked and no matter how well you played. The only real solution to the problem is to tell both sides where to stick it and go live your own life according to your own judgement. You might still not have made a difference on the grand scheme of things, but at least you would have lived free.

You know... I haven't the faintest clue how to price something like that out in Star Wars terms. For that matter, I've no idea what that would cost in reality, either (most programmers don't need insurance to stop their employers 'terminating' them at the end of a project...). Although that does remind me that I need to pay for a second code cylinder...

Anyway, the idea here wasn't for a secret associate or anything. More of a safe deposit box in a bank, filled with personal valuables (and the code cylinder just dropped in with the camoflage junk) with the bank instructions being to send it to her listed inheritor if she's ever confirmed dead (or drops out of contact for 3+ months). She 'just so happens' to have listed Treskar as her inheritor.

Whenever she's got enough leave she heads to the branch her box is in (let's say on... Sullust), does some regular banking, and updates the contents of her box.
    Just one question really, in bold
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

14. - Top - End - #344
    Titan in the Playground

Thus far, the only thing I'm unsure about is how much DS Jhriss should be starting with, as a general feel from his background. The only number I know for sure is "at least 1" just because "I rip off this dude, dude is impressed and becomes my mentor, I surpass him, I betray my mentor to the cops for personal gain" feels DS worthy, but even if that wasn't counted, I'm still unsure if "criminal/crime-adjacent businessman" should really be squeaky clean.

I'm getting a post up now.

EDIT: I'm also gonna try and get a HeroMachine picture for Jhriss, although because he's a weird race even by Star Wars standards, it might be awhile before I make one I'm happy with.
    No, shouldn’t be squeaky clean. If you want an interesting way to do it, roll a d4 or a d6 to determine how corrupted / cold blooded your character has been and then play him appropriately.
    TC for short

15. - Top - End - #345
    Titan in the Playground

There's a stark difference between raw charisma and persuasive skill. As for Palpatine, he's a venerable human with 20 class levels. He started the game at lvl 1 with Cha 11, effectively. Even if you think age ksn't factoring in because that doesn't work wkth his physical stats, that just means Cha 14 at lvl 1. Certainly above average, but he's hardly a charismatic prodigy in his youth.

Edit: I'm generally of the opinion that Charisma is roughly analogpus with personal confidence, stubbornness, force of personality, anf similar "pushing your point of viee onto the world" traits.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-10-08 at 06:54 PM.

Many thanks!

16. - Top - End - #346
    Titan in the Playground

Dark side! (1d6)[6]

Edit: OH MY
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-10-08 at 06:56 PM.

Many thanks!

17. - Top - End - #347

*grin* Maybe you'd follow the pacifist gardener, but there's plenty of people in the setting who wouldn't (and even in Real Life, history's full of charismatic warlords who gathered vast followings...)

But the point I was making is that Charisma's less about how good of a person you are and more about how good you are at getting through to others - after all, if how good of a person you were counted, Palpatine's CHA score would have been negative!
    I was using the racial bias to prove a point about how that plays into people's choices in most cases. Hence, average. Mandalorian would have 10, Ithorian 12, because Ithorians are renowned for not being jerks. And Ithorians having +2 Charisma doesn't prevent 18 Charisma Mandalorians from existing.

I'm not saying it's about intrinsic value as a person, but how you're able to be perceived (And it can come from multiple things, for example, Ventress would have high Charisma for completely different reasons to Yoda). Palpatine was very good at affecting how he was perceived, hence high Charisma for him. Ithorians are culturally well-perceived, hence a Charisma bonus.

18. - Top - End - #348
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Spoiler: Replies, pt 2
    Show

The occasional murder. I doubt she's getting DSPs for killing in open combat, but she's ruthless enough for a capture to 'accidentally' become a kill if it's a hated rival (by which I mean someone she personally hates, not someone that's hated in general)... or someone who might be able to incriminate her in something. There's not much in the way of assassinations or slave trading or the like in her criminal career, but that's less morality (she's actively avoiding being too good a person as well as avoiding being too evil) and more that she's generally employed for stuff like information gathering rather than more physical roles.

And for getting rid of her DSPs, she's using the 'meditation and sacrifice of a force point' method to wipe them, since, y'know, she doesn't generally do anything heroic and so can't shed the points that way.
    Last edited by whoiam; 2018-10-08 at 07:14 PM.

19. - Top - End - #349
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Or maybe he's a furry.

You owe me a drink. And a keyboard.

Although clearly the reason the attempt failed is that he forgot a desert ditch subject to sudden flooding is called an arroyo.

*Charisma stuff*
    The mental stats have always been poorly defined. As far back as D&D 3E. Feast your eyes on 17 CHA, everyone!

I've always assumed that the stats are composed of some combination of the listed factors, and not always in the same amount. For CHA I mostly go by force of will, which appearance is largely irrelevant towards. We all know good-looking people who would be a lot more tolerable if they would just shut up.

Right?
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

20. - Top - End - #350

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Or maybe he's a furry.
    Is it still furry if there are actual cat, dog, camel, etc. people?

You owe me a drink. And a keyboard.

Although clearly the reason the attempt failed is that he forgot a desert ditch subject to sudden flooding is called an arroyo.
    Really? Well, now I know why the Fallout 2 town was called that.

I've always assumed that the stats are composed of some combination of the listed factors, and not always in the same amount. For CHA I mostly go by force of will, which appearance is largely irrelevant towards. We all know good-looking people who would be a lot more tolerable if they would just shut up.

Right?
    I feel attacked right now.

21. - Top - End - #351
    Titan in the Playground

"Wait what, who is this Wizbam?"

*checks NPC notes*

Sonuva... didn't realize I'd basically made a PC version of an existing NPC. Especially because Jhriss (and Wizbam, I suppose) are going against the "peaceful scholars" grain of their species. XD

EDIT: Also, while it doesn't cause problems for me, I could understand if Jhriss' speech color causes problems for people. If so, let me know and I'll change it.
    Last edited by AvatarVecna; 2018-10-09 at 01:42 PM.

Many thanks!

22. - Top - End - #352
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Is it still furry if there are actual cat, dog, camel, etc. people?
    I don't know, but I'm going to mock them anyway.

*checks NPC notes*

Sonuva... didn't realize I'd basically made a PC version of an existing NPC. Especially because Jhriss (and Wizbam, I suppose) are going against the "peaceful scholars" grain of their species. XD
    That was the source of the "they're multiplying" comment from Shyar too. Birds of a feather and all, I guess.

EDIT: Also, while it doesn't cause problems for me, I could understand if Jhriss' speech color causes problems for people. If so, let me know and I'll change it.
    It is a hard color to read.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

23. - Top - End - #353

I don't know, but I'm going to mock them anyway.
    The lady doth protest too much, methinks, considering you're roleplaying as an anthropomorphic cat online, with a bunch of other people roleplaying as an anthropomorphic fish, bird, camel, and cat.
    Last edited by Hazuki; 2018-10-09 at 06:22 PM.

24. - Top - End - #354
    Titan in the Playground

*checks NPC notes*

The speech color is kind of a pain for me since I do most of my posting from my phone. A darker color would be better.

Don't sweat the Wizbam overlap, I was aware of it before you joined and it will be addressed the next time the party meets him.

The lady doth protest too much, methinks, considering you're roleplaying as an anthropomorphic cat online, with a bunch of other people roleplaying as an anthropomorphic fish, bird, camel, and cat.
    This is one weird-ass group, that's for sure. Everyone, please do try to bring in the physical and cultural elements of your chosen race from time to time. It's much more rewarding (for everyone).
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-10 at 07:29 AM.
    TC for short

25. - Top - End - #355

I can certainly try, though Kikari has been removed from any Cathar influence for a good half of her life, and that Cathar influence was diluted by a millennium of distance and exposure to all the other races on Ord Mantell. I think her most prominent physical difference is her claws (Especially since I made her the Juhani subspecies to make her more near-human), so I can include some nail filing if you'd like.

26. - Top - End - #356
    Titan in the Playground

I know it was a long IC post, apologies for that but I thought it was better to get it all out at once rather than in dribs and drabs over the next few weeks.

Bear in mind that these are not the only things you can be looking into. You can attempt to do literally anything you can think of, talk to anyone you want (or at least attempt to). If you have/get an idea, suggest it and then we'll go from there.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-10 at 08:38 AM.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #357
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*skims IC thread*

Zavi wasn't invited to dinner?

28. - Top - End - #358
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Birds of a feather
    I see what you did there.

with a bunch of other people roleplaying as an anthropomorphic fish, bird, camel, and cat.
    Objection! Fishes have no fur. I reject the accusation!
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

29. - Top - End - #359
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Honestly, I'd let her lump you in with the furries. No-one wants to be thought of as a scaley, do they?

30. - Top - End - #360
    Titan in the Playground

*skims IC thread*

Zavi wasn't invited to dinner?
    Nope, you’re going to run into a bit of a problem and be a late addition Keep up with the ic because we’re going to handwave explaining all this stuff to your character.

Actually I think we’re ok on the sheet now, will get you in hopefully tomorrow or so.
    TC for short