The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 16 of 39 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #451
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm OOC Thread 2

Alright, so, question. Since we've got a week to play with, it's presumably possible for Zavi to spend the time working on disguises and fake ids for herself and Shyar, yes? And reject any ultra-low rolls by checking them against her own perception and will defence?

Plus Jhriss could do the same for the other party. Zavi's probably got time to lend him her slightly-more-acute perception checks as well as working on her own.

2. - Top - End - #452
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
    Huh. I just realized. Is that Nale Marek as a reference to Galen Marek, from Force Unleashed?
    Actually, I believe he is a former PC's (Mikael Flint) antagonist NPC. The name might have been lifted from force unleashed.

I do try to spatter references and quotes through the game, kudos to you if you can spot them.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-10-24 at 10:50 AM.
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #453
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    On the plus side, if she leaked Kikari or Zavi's existence to the right people, she might get her chance after all...
    Hmmmmm... BRB, gotta make a call.

Huh. I just realized. Is that Nale Marek as a reference to Galen Marek, from Force Unleashed?
    I figured it was more "inspired by", not "reference to".

I think gym shorts exist in Star Wars. IIRC, something similar is what all of the characters in KotOR wear as underwear. For her part, Kikari would opt for baggy three-quarter pants and chestwraps.
    I meant "thing other characters learn". The KoTOR characters all looked to be in their skivvies, for the most part. Female scout Revan has this weird unitard thing that cuts off halfway down the upper arms and legs.

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    Alright, so, question. Since we've got a week to play with, it's presumably possible for Zavi to spend the time working on disguises and fake ids for herself and Shyar, yes? And reject any ultra-low rolls by checking them against her own perception and will defence?

Plus Jhriss could do the same for the other party. Zavi's probably got time to lend him her slightly-more-acute perception checks as well as working on her own.
    Shyar would help.
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

4. - Top - End - #454
    Colossus in the Playground

What color does grey tan to?

5. - Top - End - #455
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Orange, believe it or not.

I probably should have said grayish. For reference, I picture Shyar's skin normally looking like an Imperial Star Destroyer.

6. - Top - End - #456

Did Kikari get any information from the Javi data disk?

7. - Top - End - #457
    Titan in the Playground

Did Kikari get any information from the Javi data disk?
    I need to wait until I get home tonight before replying to that.
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

8. - Top - End - #458
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Shyar:
    After looking into it a bit, it is the woman who got pushed out of the high performance speeder, the same speeder you eventually threw a VIP out of. She went missing sometime during or just after the fight.
    She still cares about the husband that abandoned her to her fate. That is one forgiving woman.

Or she's looking for a pay day in court.

9. - Top - End - #459

What's the minimum amount of information to be able to use Farseeing on somebody?

10. - Top - End - #460
    Titan in the Playground

What's the minimum amount of information to be able to use Farseeing on somebody?
    You can always try (Iíll make the roll and let you know what impressions you get, if any). In your experience, you need to have met the individual or at least communicated with them in the past. You might be able to succeed having only viewed holos of the individual, but it would be more difficult.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #461
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Shyar has a better deception mod, but Zavi has re-rolls, which puts them really close. I ran the numbers, and re-rolls push the average d20 roll up from 10.5 to 13 if you re-roll anything less than 11, putting Zavi's average result at 27 vs Shyar's 27.5 Zavi would be less likely to have an outright bad roll. This assuming I didn't make a math error, which is entirely possible. So I'd lean towards having Zavi take the lead on the IDs.

This is also assuming that, when the GM rolls secretly for your disguise, you can still say "I want to re-roll anything less than X"

Since you went through the trouble, I'll bite on the spying. And, in true gamer fashion, I'll randomize. (1d3)[1]
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2018-10-27 at 03:29 PM.

12. - Top - End - #462
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Ah, see, the point was more that we could make an attempt and have Zavi check the result, and we throw it out and start again if Zavi can spot any flaws in the disguise or the id (whichever we're working on at the time). It may take Shyar a little longer to get a roll good enough for Zavi to pass it, but she can get up to 3 points higher than Zavi can and since we're sitting on our arses for a week we've got more than enough time to make a bunch of attempts at each disguise and fake id...

13. - Top - End - #463
    Titan in the Playground

Yes you can come up with fake IDs and disguises, no problem.

I've been busy lately. So far I have Gial interested in Syndicate membership?

Anyone else? 24 hours to decide or you'll have to wait until the end of this chapter before an offer may roll around again (assuming you don't do anything to disqualify yourself).

I've got Gial, Kikari, and Jhriss heading to Coruscant, and Zavi, Shyar trying to infiltrate the Sarlaac Syndicate.

Everyone good to go? Any additional questions etc?
    TC for short

14. - Top - End - #464

Those destinations seem correct to me.

15. - Top - End - #465
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Yup, those destinations are right. Zavi's in the 'not interested' camp. And if you're not going to make us roll for our new identities, I'm not gonna complain

16. - Top - End - #466
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

That looks right.

17. - Top - End - #467
    Titan in the Playground

Apologies for the recent delays, my new job is taking some adjustment.

Next post gets us back to the muiridon Kalatar system and then splitting up. Iím _hoping_ after this week we can get the posting rate back up.
    TC for short

18. - Top - End - #468

Is Kikari on this yacht ride to Titan?

19. - Top - End - #469
    Titan in the Playground

Is Kikari on this yacht ride to Titan?
    Yes, everyone is meeting Wizbam briefly before going on their separate ways.

Just a small thing, the yacht is at Titan 2, you guys took he shadowhawk to get there.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-11-02 at 09:07 AM.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #470
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Let's say Dexterity DC...uuuh...15(?) to catch the remote. (1d20+2)[22] The king of remote-catching.
    Last edited by Hyperbolic sine; 2018-11-02 at 04:27 PM.
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

21. - Top - End - #471
    Titan in the Playground

AV, you still with us? Havenít heard from you in a while.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #472
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Last activity: Today at 7:14 PM
    Last game post: 10/23

23. - Top - End - #473
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Last activity: Today at 7:14 PM
    Last game post: 10/23

Weíll give him 24 hours and then move forward, we can continue this scene in spoilers if we want.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #474
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

I'd try PMs, if you haven't already.

All this time I've been wondering where Wizbam's immunity came from, seeing how he wasn't engaged in any sort of diplomatic function.

25. - Top - End - #475
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Before we move on: Just to check, do we want to change the PC's assignments if AV doesn't return? If you want to switch targets or change the party assignments in the event of Jhriss being unavailable, this is kinda the time to do it...

26. - Top - End - #476
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Nah. Gial's good enough at finding things as long as he has a computer network (it's Coruscant), and Gial and Kikari have enough social skills between them to set up a meeting should it come to that.

27. - Top - End - #477
    Titan in the Playground

Random, whatís the cost of the sound dampening snap baton and whatís thenmechanical effect?

Hyperbolic I thought I saw you wanted to focus on sarlacc Syndicate in your conversation with credit allocation with Lusk but canít find it now, can you confirm?

Everyone else, did I miss anything? Give a shout.
    TC for short

28. - Top - End - #478
    Titan in the Playground

I've been distracted with election stuff, barely had time for foruming the past...week? Week and a half? But things wrap up tonight and I can get back to running/playing more dedicatedly in the games I'm in. Sorry I didn't say anything sooner, had a lot on my mind. >.<
    (WW/Mafia) Prison Escape is recruiting!

Current Avatar (Sunny and Violet) was created by the incredibly talented AsteriskAmp.
    Many thanks!

29. - Top - End - #479
    Ettin in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

The weapon entry for snap batons in the Clone Wars CG says sound dampening models exist, but stops short of giving hard numbers of any kind. Unlike the glow rod variant, which clearly costs twice as much and provides a built-in glow rod. A bargain if you've ever looked at the dual-gear mod.

Maybe it's intended to be a fluff-only thing, like how a BlasTec DL-44 and Merr-Sonn Power-5 both get lumped under "heavy blaster". If you want a crunch effect, my back of the envelope suggestion is double cost (200 creds), and a situational -2 to Perception checks to hear somebody getting beaten by it.

EDIT: After reading the entry, it says models with special features cost double, so the price is given. The mechanical effects are up in the air.
    Last edited by RandomLunatic; 2018-11-06 at 08:23 PM.

30. - Top - End - #480
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    The weapon entry for snap batons in the Clone Wars CG says sound dampening models exist, but stops short of giving hard numbers of any kind. Unlike the glow rod variant, which clearly costs twice as much and provides a built-in glow rod. A bargain if you've ever looked at the dual-gear mod.

Maybe it's intended to be a fluff-only thing, like how a BlasTec DL-44 and Merr-Sonn Power-5 both get lumped under "heavy blaster". If you want a crunch effect, my back of the envelope suggestion is double cost (200 creds), and a situational -2 to Perception checks to hear somebody getting beaten by it.

EDIT: After reading the entry, it says models with special features cost double, so the price is given. The mechanical effects are up in the air.
    Okay, so itís basically a beatstick thatís quiet during the beatings?
    TC for short