The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 5 of 38 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Episode II: The Gathering Storm OOC Thread 2

Quote Originally Posted by Hyperbolic sine View Post
    If I Ready an action to drop a grenade on the minesweepers once Gial's above them, can he do a flyby and return above the clouds in a single round?

You think you can get at least one pass in before the folks on the ground figure out what youíre up to. Then they might ready actions to shoot you.

Tho, if they are readying actions, theyíre not moving forward so..
    TC for short
    Malcolm Reynolds avatar by Strawberries

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

2. - Top - End - #122
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by whoiam View Post
    To be honest with you, doing this feels kinda off to me. I can't remember leaving a PBP game before it died before (not as a player, anyway. I'm far less reliable as a GM, though). But at the same time, through no fault of any of yours, I've been struggling for months against a lack of motivation to keep playing Wyn.

I did think for a bit about asking to change character... but honestly, I've been having motivation issues with a lot of games this year. I just couldn't convince myself that a change of character would fix the problem when the problem seemed most likely to be me.
    Well I dunno what to tell you. Is there anything lacking from the game that youíd like to see?
    TC for short

"I like the sense of chaos this game provides. OOC, I like that I cannot know every available avenue, but that I can pursue whatever avenue I so choose. IC, I like that what I am doing has consequences. It's very very real." --Noedig

3. - Top - End - #123
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

Quote Originally Posted by Thundercracker View Post
    Well I dunno what to tell you. Is there anything lacking from the game that youíd like to see?
    Not really. Like I said, it's not a problem I've been having with just this game - It's a problem I've been having with a bunch of them. Couldn't work up much enthusiasm for Mamellek, Alauniira'a or Renia either recently... and the less said about running Ghosts in the Black or These are the Voyages, the better.

4. - Top - End - #124
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Stealth II The Return: (1d20+15)[29]
    To the optimist, the glass is half-full.
    To the pessimist, the glass is half-empty.
    To the engineer, the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Might suffer occasional hiccups in posting rate. Apologies for the inconvenience.

5. - Top - End - #125
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Not really. Like I said, it's not a problem I've been having with just this game - It's a problem I've been having with a bunch of them. Couldn't work up much enthusiasm for Mamellek, Alauniira'a or Renia either recently... and the less said about running Ghosts in the Black or These are the Voyages, the better.
    Sorry to hear that. Sucks.

How much of the infantry column do I have now, about? And how much of the landslide would I be "wasting" if I set it off now?
    I am not crazy! I prefer "reality impaired".

6. - Top - End - #126
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by RandomLunatic View Post
    Sorry to hear that. Sucks.

How much of the infantry column do I have now, about? And how much of the landslide would I be "wasting" if I set it off now?
    About 25-35 militia. If you wait, you could potentially cut off the lead tanks from the rest of the force until they could get around the slide, but that means it would be just your group against two tanks and whatever militia get caught on your side of the slide.
    If you pull the trigger now, you can take out the lead tanks and then everyone else will need to come over/around the damaged area.
    TC for short

7. - Top - End - #127
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

If we beat the enemy to the landslide by several minutes, I want to use that time waiting to check on the tank crews and make sure they're taken care of.

8. - Top - End - #128
    Titan in the Playground

If we beat the enemy to the landslide by several minutes, I want to use that time waiting to check on the tank crews and make sure they're taken care of.
    1. You donít know you beat them by several minutes until several minutes have passed.
    2. If you want to break cover earlier, let me know how long you want to wait on the side of the debris pile / hill before venturing down to try and find the tanks (which may or may not be buried).
    TC for short

9. - Top - End - #129
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Well, she'd go up for a look as soon as she arrived, and between (presumably, since there's a corner) the complete absence of visible hostiles, combined with Wyn being able to to call and tell us where they were, she'd immediately go tank hunting on the easy setting. Leaving the heavy weapons and walking wounded on overwatch, which leaves two NPCs for accompaniment.

10. - Top - End - #130
    Titan in the Playground

Ok, so halfway up the hill you realize you donít see any hostiles and you want everyone to continue up to the top? Or just yourself at first?
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-06-09 at 11:57 PM.
    TC for short

11. - Top - End - #131
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Yeah, I'd like them all at the top. It's going to be hard to ambush the enemy from the bottom.

12. - Top - End - #132
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Man, these ambushes have all been big disappointments. The red shirts need to step it up, Shyar can't shoot them all herself.

What's the range to the mortars?

13. - Top - End - #133
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*pats RandomLunatic on the shoulder* There, there. But hey, it's not all bad. So long as you don't get killed, we don't lose the game if the rebels win the battle...

Anyway, TC, what was the base's name? I don't appear to have it written down anywhere...

14. - Top - End - #134
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

And not dying would be a lot easier if there were a couple dozen less people running around with guns.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Titan in the Playground

*pats RandomLunatic on the shoulder* There, there. But hey, it's not all bad. So long as you don't get killed, we don't lose the game if the rebels win the battle...

Anyway, TC, what was the base's name? I don't appear to have it written down anywhere...
    You mean the GT base on Yaris? You can just call it that.

@ random short range for rifles.
    TC for short

16. - Top - End - #136
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*grin* Well, RL, if it makes you feel any better, I think Wyn just took the 'most likely to get herself killed' mantle from Shyar...

17. - Top - End - #137
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

At least I went in with an exit strategy prepared.

What color is the smoke our grenades produce? Colored smoke is probably the oldest FAC tool.

18. - Top - End - #138
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

In my defence, this was half-intended to be Wyn's equivalent of suicide-by-cop. So dying actually was the exit plan. (Well, the second exit plan. The first was 'fake death'. But that may or may not be practical... depending on how they try to decommission her...)

Anyway, considering the amount of smoke present, I wouldn't bet on regular grenades being terribly visible even if the smoke colour is different from the rebels' smoke grenades...

19. - Top - End - #139
    Titan in the Playground

The problem is the ties canít target the enemies due to the smoke and the woods. Hence the targeting lasers. Your smoke grenades are white, and unfortunately you donít have colored smoke grenades.
    TC for short

20. - Top - End - #140
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*glare* It's whoiam, not whoami. After all this time, I thought you would remember

Anyway, I did eventually solve my motivation problem. It was the two games I was running. Dropping them made my time online *way* more fun. But by the time I'd worked that out, Wyn was already a prisoner - and trying to force TC to give me an easy out because I changed my mind didn't feel right to me. (Which is why I'm mentioning this now, not earlier in an attempt to get Wyn spared.)

But hey, if you ever stop for reinforcements, let me know. Wouldn't mind putting in a couple more years... as something organic next time. Maybe a party face...

21. - Top - End - #141
    Titan in the Playground

*glare* It's whoiam, not whoami. After all this time, I thought you would remember

Anyway, I did eventually solve my motivation problem. It was the two games I was running. Dropping them made my time online *way* more fun. But by the time I'd worked that out, Wyn was already a prisoner - and trying to force TC to give me an easy out because I changed my mind didn't feel right to me. (Which is why I'm mentioning this now, not earlier in an attempt to get Wyn spared.)

But hey, if you ever stop for reinforcements, let me know. Wouldn't mind putting in a couple more years... as something organic next time. Maybe a party face...
    My bad.

Once the current arc is over, I can work your character back in if you want or you can create a new one.
    TC for short

22. - Top - End - #142
    Ettin in the Playground

Planetar

*grin* It'll be a new character either way. Wyn did just erase herself, after all...

23. - Top - End - #143
    Titan in the Playground

*grin* It'll be a new character either way. Wyn did just erase herself, after all...
    Technically it takes one round per character level to erase a droids memory, so the option is there if you want it.
    TC for short

24. - Top - End - #144
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

How the hell did they flank us on both sides in under 20 seconds?

25. - Top - End - #145
    Titan in the Playground

How the hell did they flank us on both sides in under 20 seconds?
    I fudged a little bit and got you down the debris pile faster than you went up rather than spend a couple rounds (and posts) moving.
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-06-15 at 12:55 AM.
    TC for short

26. - Top - End - #146
    Titan in the Playground

No, you donít need to snipe to stay hidden since youíre not attacking. I am rolling stealth and perception with modifiers for both groups each round.
    TC for short

27. - Top - End - #147
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Pedant mode: TIE Advanced are armed with blaster cannons, not lasers.

Are the tanks's repeaters cupola or co-axially mounted? Since you'll ask, this illustrates both.

28. - Top - End - #148
    Titan in the Playground

Pedant mode: TIE Advanced are armed with blaster cannons, not lasers.

Are the tanks's repeaters cupola or co-axially mounted? Since you'll ask, this illustrates both.
    Why, what are you thinking?
    TC for short

29. - Top - End - #149
    Troll in the Playground

DwarfBarbarianGuy

Now that I've finally managed to isolate one of the tanks, infantry assault!

Co-ax guns have a poor field of fire in close quarters, but can't be disabled. Cupola guns are harder to escape, but there's a couple ways you can neutralize them.

30. - Top - End - #150
    Titan in the Playground

Now that I've finally managed to isolate one of the tanks, infantry assault!

Co-ax guns have a poor field of fire in close quarters, but can't be disabled. Cupola guns are harder to escape, but there's a couple ways you can neutralize them.
    This is Star Wars saga edition, there arenít rules for stuff like that. However, come up with a plan and Iíll come up with a roll.

Tho to be honest your best bet is probably to stay concealed kill the tank and milita footmen, then sic the fighters on the atat..
    Last edited by Thundercracker; 2018-06-16 at 12:10 PM.
    TC for short