New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

Lizardfolk

Default Re: Overlord Styled Sandbox (IC)- The Council of Wyrms

Myrsirim the Mad
    Level 20 Druid/Stalker/Umbral Dragon | Senses: 120ft Blindsense, 60ft Tremorsense, See Invisible, See in Darkness | Location: The Wyrmspire

Myrsirim nods in appreciation. That particular feature of Aria's toolkit had made her particularly useful when the Council was new to the competitive scene of Genesis. Many players had tried to use Scry-and-Die tactics to get the drop on the most publicly visible member of the Guild, so her ability to switch from one identity to the next made her especially valuable when conducting negotiations or infiltrating rival guilds. It also helped that she looked smart and professional, which was a rarity in a game where every try-hard and their mother appeared as overblown and edgy as possible in a vain attempt to look cool and/or dangerous. That, or their avatars would end up looking like a wet dream in bikini armor.

"You make a good point about your testing; One day we might have to walk among the humanoid races without scaring the pants off them. Now's as good a time as any to test out my old form."

Spoiler: Actions:
    Show
    Myrsirim will use his Thousand Faces ability to take his humanoid appearance of an elderly lizardfolk. As a Siabrae, his ability to shift forms is somewhat altered.
    "Any form it assumes (via wild shape or polymorph effects) or any creature it summons appears malnourished, diseased, or even in an advanced state of decay, although these are cosmetic effects; they do not impact actual game statistics."

The enormous dragon shrinks in on himself, bones cracking and grinding together as his extremities appear to instantaneously rot off and decompose into ashes. Within a few seconds an ancient lizardman stands upon the tiles of the courtyard, clad in a ragged robe and swaddled in dirty, decaying cloth. His scales are cloudy and ragged, while his claws are clearly a breath away from falling off. Two pale white orbs, clouded with age and sickness, regard Aria standing before him, and as Myrsirim grins he reveals multiple rotting teeth within his mouth. He is quite a sorry sight to see, and is for the moment clearly unaware of his repulsive appearance.

"So? How do I look?"
    Oh geez, this should probably be meaningful or something.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aria the Lunatic Sorceress
    Level 20 Avowed/Incanter/Lunar Dragon| Status:| Form: Dealer

Aria cups her chin with her hand, but her face is expressionless. She waits for a moment before responding, “A suitable disguise, Guildmaster. No one would expect that behind your appearance is a powerful dragon.” While she didn’t quite agree with the aesthetics, it seemed appropriate. Myrsirim knew how to leverage the image of the imperious, almighty dragon. So it only made sense that his disguise would be the exact opposite. Aria floats back down the the ground, and looks over at the cathedral entrance.

“We should get back to business. While we’re on the topic though, after we tackle the Tarrasque we’ll need to consider how the Council will… integrate with the world at large. Naturally, it’s best that we deal with intermediaries rather than expose ourselves if at all possible. I’ll act as the representative for now, but eventually we’ll need a network of contacts who can handle the day to day communication.” While talking, Aria heads to the Cathedral. With much less hesitation than before, she makes a casual gesture at the dragon-sized entryway, causing the enormous door to move. She continues talking casually.

“But first, the Tarrasque. I can have the demiplane ready immediately. In fact, let me just..." Aria trails off as she focuses her will on the space next to her. A murky gray portal opens up next to her, the edges flickering with white colored flames. Aria steps through, and a few seconds later the view from the portal changes a bit. Now vertical gray pillars streak through a black background, resembling a jail cell. Aria emerges from this portal a few seconds later, and snaps her fingers, causing the portal to disappear. "Anyhow, your plan sounds solid, but I’m not sure how we’ll communicate with the creature, or even if it can be reasoned with. I wonder if this world’s version is immune to - ah, Phalnirr. Now that we’re all here, shall we see what this plane has to offer?”

Spoiler
    Show

Casting Create Demiplane twice, stepping into the demiplane to cast a second time to give it a bit more room. Special features are Shape (Instead of solid borders it loops) and Structure (Has a special visual theme).
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2018-06-28 at 03:34 AM.

3. - Top - End - #93

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad
    Level 20 Druid/Stalker/Umbral Dragon | Senses: 120ft Blindsense, 60ft Tremorsense | Location: ?

Myrsirim grumbles to himself, returning to his normal draconic form as he follows Aria into the cathedral. Looks like he won't be running around undercover anytime soon, unless it's in a leper colony. As Aria channels awe-inspiring forces to create an entirely new demiplane he simply sits and watches, fishing three small metal rods out of his inventory and attuning them to the newly birthed bubble of reality. He strikes them gently against the ground, listening until the reverberate with the same 'essence' as the cage dimension that Aria has crafted; once he is satisfied with his work he distributes one to each of the others.

"Very well, we are all assembled. Let us begin.

Our objective is to subdue and capture a Tarrasque. My information states that the creature is physically powerful, but unintelligent and unable to use magic. We now have a demiplane that should suffice as containment. Plan A is to charge the creature and attempt to Plane Shift it, using the foci that I have distributed to you. If that fails or is otherwise foiled, Plan B is for Phalnirr to cast a Gate spell at which point I wrestle the Tarrasque through it. If resistance is higher than we expected then we retreat to the Wyrmspire and regroup.

If there are no questions, begin your buffing now. We'll still have to find a Tarrasque once we teleport through, but that shouldn't take too long to do.

Spoiler: Buffs and other Actions:
    Show

God of the Hourglass Stance is active.

Current active spells, full day buffs:
    Contingency, Greater Longstrider, Arcane Sight, Mind Blank, Detect Scrying, Ward of the Seasons, Deadeye's Lore, Plague Carrier, Visualisation of the Body (Strength), Moment of Prescience,

Myrsirim will have the Coven give the other two a high CL Mind Blank. He also casts Tears to Wine, providing enough for himself and the others to drink if they so wish.

Once the other dragons are prepared he uses his arcane bond to cast Gate. He brings to mind the images he saw before, of titanic beasts ripping their way from the fetid earth, willing the spell to bring them to the Gorelands, to the site where a Tarrasque claims its territory.
    Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-07-06 at 08:49 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94
    Dwarf in the Playground

Level 20 Avowed/Incanter/Lunar Dragon| Status:| Form: Hybrid

The air stirs slightly, Aria’s transformation reverses. Scales appear from thin air, attaching themselves to her. Within seconds, she’s back to her hybrid form, fully armored.

“We shouldn’t need it, but stick close to me for the aura buff if it’s tougher than expected. I’ll focus on damage dealing for the most part. It’s probably immune or really resistant to mind affecting magic, so that rules out a good portion of my magic.”

Spoiler: Buffs
    Show

Contingency: Spending 10 minutes and 3 spell points to prepare a Plane Shift talent. The destination is Dogen's temple plane, and the trigger is going down to 5 spell points or lower.
    Airspace control - Area within 5 feet is difficult terrain, gain concealment (20% miss chance).

5. - Top - End - #95
    Bugbear in the Playground

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Quantumphear View Post
    Myrsirim grumbles to himself, returning to his normal draconic form as he follows Aria into the cathedral. Looks like he won't be running around undercover anytime soon, unless it's in a leper colony. As Aria channels awe-inspiring forces to create an entirely new demiplane he simply sits and watches, fishing three small metal rods out of his inventory and attuning them to the newly birthed bubble of reality. He strikes them gently against the ground, listening until the reverberate with the same 'essence' as the cage dimension that Aria has crafted; once he is satisfied with his work he distributes one to each of the others.

"Very well, we are all assembled. Let us begin.

Our objective is to subdue and capture a Tarrasque. My information states that the creature is physically powerful, but unintelligent and unable to use magic. We now have a demiplane that should suffice as containment. Plan A is to charge the creature and attempt to Plane Shift it, using the foci that I have distributed to you. If that fails or is otherwise foiled, Plan B is for Phalnirr to cast a Gate spell at which point I wrestle the Tarrasque through it. If resistance is higher than we expected then we retreat to the Wyrmspire and regroup.

If there are no questions, begin your buffing now. We'll still have to find a Tarrasque once we teleport through, but that shouldn't take too long to do.

Spoiler: Buffs and other Actions:
    Show

God of the Hourglass Stance is active.

Current active spells, full day buffs:
    Contingency, Greater Longstrider, Arcane Sight, Mind Blank, Detect Scrying, Ward of the Seasons, Deadeye's Lore, Plague Carrier, Visualisation of the Body (Strength), Moment of Prescience,

Myrsirim will have the Coven give the other two a high CL Mind Blank.

Once the other dragons are prepared he uses his arcane bond to cast Gate. He brings to mind the images he saw before, of titanic beasts ripping their way from the fetid earth, willing the spell to bring them to the Gorelands, to the site where a Tarrasque claims its territory.
    Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Just noting I'll be on holiday for a week from next Monday

The gate is opened and immediately vents a cloud of warm crimson that smells of blood.

Stepping through you immediately find yourself in a gory bog, up to ankle deep in some places. The tropical humidity the sort the quickly becomes uncomfortable.

Throughout the bog mangrove like plants grow. Some distance away the land rises in a cliff of scab crested by a short tower.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2018-07-02 at 04:21 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

6. - Top - End - #96

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad
    Level 20 Druid/Stalker/Umbral Dragon | Senses: 120ft Blindsense, 60ft Tremorsense | Location: The Gorelands

With a crackle of energy and the smell of ozone the Gate closes behind the dragons once they have stepped through. Myrsirim sniffs, wading through the red mist as he takes in the surroundings.

"What a dreary place. Do you think this red mist is somehow significant?"

From his inventory he withdraws a enormous chalice (sized for a gargantuan dragon) and uses a quick cantrip to fill it with water. With a moment of concentration and a quick gesture he gazes it, attempting to divine the location of his quarry.

Spoiler: Actions and spells:
    Show

Create water to fill the chalice with water. Casting Scrying, Greater to view the nearest Tarrasque. Knowledge of the Tarrasque is probably between None and Secondhand, and I have no likeness or picture. Will Save DC39 to resist the scrying. Myrsirim can continually cast the spell until the Tarrasque fails the save, if necessary.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-07-06 at 09:09 PM.

7. - Top - End - #97
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aria hesitates for a moment before stepping through. Without the same level of protections and immunities as Myrsirim, the possibility of having to make saves against the environment are a bit more threatening than usual. Dogen could probably cure most conditions, but even so, caution was always beneficial. Fortunately, the Life Bubble spell was an innate magic to Lunar Dragons. It took a few seconds of concentration before it activated, and then Aria stepped through.

Despite that, she makes an unpleasant face, immediately upon stepping into the bog. As her legs sink into the muck, she comes to a realization.

“Right, ‘tolerable living conditions.’ I guess that doesn’t include unpleasant living conditions then,” Says Aria, before taking flight again. She hovers a few feet above the ground, wishing she had bothered to take a Prestidigitation spell.

“In a fantasy, this sort of thing is always significant. Perhaps its a curse upon the land, a wound on the world that draws the Tarrasque to it. Or the opposite, where the presence of such creatures corrupts its surroundings. Or someone else had the same idea as us. But here, who knows? Perhaps this is just its natural environment, nothing more. I’m taking no chances with that mist though.”

8. - Top - End - #98

Phalnirr, Magnificent Monstrousity
    Level 18 Abjuration Wizard//Level 20 Mindchemist Alchemist

"Or perhaps-" Phalnirr interjects "It really does produce that much gore and viscera at all times. Such a creature would generally be extraplanar, not claiming the prime material as it's home. There's no other precedent for cruel and vicious monsters of it's caliber taking up long term residence on our home. Either way, it is certainly worth looking into. I'll think for a bit and see if I can come up with something" Phalnirr says, closing his eyes all across his body for a moment, deep in thought.

Show
    Same bonuses to Know skills as before, any that would come up or help here

Quote Originally Posted by Ignimortis View Post
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?
    Do you want that sense of excitement when you find a magic item back**?

Then Dungeons and Dragons, 5th edition is for you!

*Actually a fighter/rogue multiclass.
    **Might not apply to all campaigns. Enquire at your local DMs.

9. - Top - End - #99

NecromancerGuy

With a crackle of energy and the smell of ozone the Gate closes behind the dragons once they have stepped through. Myrsirim sniffs, wading through the red mist as he takes in the surroundings.

"What a dreary place. Do you think this red mist is somehow significant?"

From his inventory he withdraws a enormous chalice (sized for a gargantuan dragon) and uses a quick cantrip to fill it with water. With a moment of concentration and a quick gesture he gazes it, attempting to divine the location of his quarry.

Spoiler: Actions and spells:
    Show

Create water to fill the chalice with water. Casting Scrying, Greater to view the nearest Tarrasque. Knowledge of the Tarrasque is probably between None and Secondhand, and I have no likeness or picture. Will Save DC39 to resist the scrying. Myrsirim can continually cast the spell until the Tarrasque fails the save, if necessary.
    Show
    Save was failed.

An image of the saurian beast reflects into the water and the sight is not as would be expected.

The Tarrasque is seemingly underground in a narrow shaft, narrow for it anyway. Presently it is digging straight up as it excavates a tunnel. The first strangeness is immediately clear; It is bleeding. Some increscent wound haemorrhages forth so that the shaft the Tarrasque is within is fully flooded and the pressure of the endless jet forces the blood through channels in the rock.

The source of the creature's wound shows itself in the struggles. A second tarrasque is with it and both are fighting each other as much as they are digging. The blood is mostly coming from the hip and tail of the creatures as they seem to be attached together, sharing the skin and muscle of one leg and the tail. Millimetre by millimetre the two are pulling apart to regenerate as individuals, the blood coming from the constant tearing.

At present the two are deep enough that you all are unable to feel their shifting underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Arenabait View Post
    "Or perhaps-" Phalnirr interjects "It really does produce that much gore and viscera at all times. Such a creature would generally be extraplanar, not claiming the prime material as it's home. There's no other precedent for cruel and vicious monsters of it's caliber taking up long term residence on our home. Either way, it is certainly worth looking into. I'll think for a bit and see if I can come up with something" Phalnirr says, closing his eyes all across his body for a moment, deep in thought.

Show
    Show
    Sorry but I'm not exactly understanding the questing being asked here.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

10. - Top - End - #100

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad
    Level 20 Druid/Stalker/Umbral Dragon | Senses: 120ft Blindsense, 60ft Tremorsense | Location: The Gorelands

"Uh, what am I seeing here? Guys?"

Myrsirim gestures to the others, indicating they should gaze into the bowl and see what he's seeing. It takes a moment before his eyes widen in realization. He looks down and around himself, actually looking at the red mist that engulfs him up to his flanks. He fights off the wave of disgust and shakes his head to try and clear his mind.

"Phalnirr, you might be onto something. If the Tarrasques are constantly fighting and bleeding, and they just keep regenerating... Ew.

Let's stay on track - Does anyone have a divination spell to tell us exactly where these two are buried? Discern location or something similar ought to do the trick. The Gate should have brought us pretty close by, but we might have to do a bit of digging before we can reach them."

Show
    Keeping the Scrying spell active, Myrsirim will use his Spontaneous Conversion feat and spend 5 Ki points to swap out a casting of Wall of Thorns for the spell Carve Passage, which he'll now have prepared instead.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-07-19 at 07:32 AM.

11. - Top - End - #101
    Dwarf in the Playground

Aria is unable to look away, both fascinated and disgusted.

“I have so many questions. But to stay on track for now, I’m afraid I don’t have any such divination magic. I can help us tunnel through, though. I just hope it isn’t too deep.”

Aria floats away again, though she doesn't stray too far. Her gaze scans the nearby environment, but she seems more lost in thought, rather than actively looking for something.

“Still, I have to wonder. Why are they underground? Is it part of their natural life cycle, or were they placed there? It seems strange that Tarrasques would be able to reproduce, given how strong they are. Either they’re weaker than we expect, or this place has some seriously powerful forces to keep them in check.”

12. - Top - End - #102

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad

Myrsirim grimaces, making a mental note for later. High level scrying magic was a big deal back in Genesis, and after seeing how effective it is in the new world it just might be even more important for protecting the Council.

'I was hoping to save this for a more drastic scenario, but hopefully our new 'friend' will be willing to help us out. Here goes nothing...'

He focuses his willpower, and one of his overly long fangs glows purple as he activates his Tooth of Lehran Dev. As the magic begins to crystallize around him he utters a demure prayer.

"Mighty Apothys, Lord of Darkness and Undeath, heed my call! Today immortal reptiles are our prey, but their location is hidden to us. Grant us your wisdom and allow us to Discern their Location!"

Show
    Myrsirim will use his Tooth of Lehran Dev to cast Miracle, attempting to duplicate the Discern Location spell. I doubt that whatever location the Tarrasque(s) are has a formal name and address (apart from 'The Gorelands', so it would be nice if we could get an exact distance and direction e.g. 3 leagues, 5 metres due north and 3 leagues underground. Or something like that.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-07-20 at 07:10 PM.

13. - Top - End - #103

NecromancerGuy

Show
    As to back in Genesis the Tarrasque was a wandering boss that would spawn a minimum range from towns and cities before agroing everything it runs into and wandering around eating. Notably it couldn't be killed and instead the game would detect if it was trapped and then should it remain so for a week it enters hibernation and despawn twenty four hours later. At the time of hibernation all players involved would be mailed loot equivalent to higher quality versions of that dropped by all creatures that it had killed as well as drops of its own. This of course lead to people feeding it for better drops and sometimes this resulted in it getting free and rampaging. This also lead to people using it for trolling purposes or otherwise showing off leading to events such as dropping it on rival guild bases or 'Tarrasque surfing'.

As to any lore given in game there was little beyond it theorised to be the creation or child of a god of destruction. Little other pertinent information to the two such beasts nearby comes to mind, although if the nature of the environment and the gory results of the apparent reproductive process are as directly liked as they seem and that the Gorelands have existed for long enough to gain that name, then it likely has some environmental niche. Should this be the case the apparent mitosis likely maintains local environmental traits through it's lost blood, such as serving as possible fertiliser or channelling minerals from underground to the topsoil.

Myrsirim grimaces, making a mental note for later. High level scrying magic was a big deal back in Genesis, and after seeing how effective it is in the new world it just might be even more important for protecting the Council.

'I was hoping to save this for a more drastic scenario, but hopefully our new 'friend' will be willing to help us out. Here goes nothing...'

He focuses his willpower, and one of his overly long fangs glows purple as he activates his Tooth of Lehran Dev. As the magic begins to crystallize around him he utters a demure prayer.

"Mighty Apothys, Lord of Darkness and Undeath, heed my call! Today immortal reptiles are our prey, but their location is hidden to us. Grant us your wisdom and allow us to Discern their Location!"

Show
    Myrsirim will use his Tooth of Lehran Dev to cast Miracle, attempting to duplicate the Discern Location spell. I doubt that whatever location the Tarrasque(s) are has a formal name and address (apart from 'The Gorelands', so it would be nice if we could get an exact distance and direction e.g. 3 leagues, 5 metres due north and 3 leagues underground. Or something like that.
    As you call out to the deity a strange sensation falls over your bones. The magic guides your sight as if by a subtle but unyielding grip on your body. You are left facing the direction and in your head you hear words spoken without a voice. You are left with perfect directions.

Beyond the uninformative answer of 'Garelands' the local area featuring both the Council and the Tarrasques is the Hisel Fen. It also confirms the Gorelands part of the hybrid plane. Onto the immediate goal the two monsters are pretty much on the opposite side of the tower as yourself, a few minutes flight, and three thousand one hundred and twenty five miles down. Apoths also adds that you have between thirty and fifty minutes before the Tarrasques reach the surface.

[spoiler=OOC]In case anyone's wondering I did in fact calculate how much stone a tarrasque can attack through per round and work from there, and then added a degree of uncertainness due tot he two fighting and distracting each other.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

14. - Top - End - #104

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad
    Level 20 Druid/Stalker/Umbral Dragon | Senses: 120ft Blindsense, 60ft Tremorsense | Location: ?

Unsettled by the feeling of having his body briefly not under his control, Myrsirim keeps his report crisp and brief.

"Alright, I've found their location. It's only a few minutes away.

It looks like the two of them are going to surface within an hour, so we've got 30 minutes at best to prepare. Let's move."

He then spreads rotten wings and takes to the air, powering through the distance to where the Tarrasques are going to erupt.

"Hey, do you think there's XP in this world?"

15. - Top - End - #105
    Dwarf in the Playground

“Kinda hard to say without a status window. But if our magic still works, and there are similarities such as monsters, it stands to reason that there should be XP. Surely you’re not thinking about trying to grind? At our level, we’d need to fight a lot of incredibly tough monsters. Or an incredible number of “just” tough monsters. Without a virtual system to spawn in monsters, we could end up genociding entire monster species. If those other gods are paying attention, they might get a little mad if we try to tip the balance.” Said Aria, flying after Myrsirim.

“Well, that’s all speculation. If you want to take on the other Tarrasque in a more, permanent fashion, just say the word.”
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2018-07-26 at 05:45 AM.

16. - Top - End - #106

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad

With an almighty 'thud' Myrsirim finishes his flight, landing some 100 feet away from where the spell has informed him that the Tarrasques will arrive. Blood-red mist rushes away from him as the impact sends shockwaves shuddering through the earth, but the sensation barely registers to the undead hulk of a dragon. Since he has time to spare, he busies himself with organising some experiments, telepathically communicating with some of the denizens of the Wyrmspire.

Spoiler: First, a message to Dogen.
    Show

'Dogen, do you read me? I have an idea regarding replenishing the treasury.'

'Certainly, my lord. What were you thinking of?'

'Try to manifest psychic reformation on one of the Veiled Masters - Apollo would be most appropriate. I'll provide the exact details of the changes required. Once that's completed, run through this combination of spells, attempting to permanently conjure pure gold.

While he's doing that and afterwards, I'll need you to discretely monitor his mental state, and see if there are any noticeable personality changes that occur.'

Spoiler: Exact actions:
    Show
    Dogen will use his collective to manifest Psychic Reformation on Apollo the Veiled Master. Apollo will exchange the Wall of Force spell for Fabricate, changing his spells known. After that he'll cast Blood Money and Fabricate, taking 10 points of strength damage to Fabricate 5000 gp worth of gold. Afterwards one of the Clerics or the Simulacrum Solar Angel will cast restoration on him until he's fully healed. If that's allowed and the spell creates permanent gold, then with a little luck the Council can generate all the gold they need...

Spoiler: Secondly, a message to Thoth and Odin, the second and third Veiled Masters.
    Show

"Hear me and obey. Each of you are to form a coven with one of the Norns and an attendant, assuming control over coven assistants as required. You will use the Simulacrum spell to create a full set of Great Wyrm metallic dragons - The gold dragon is already completed, and is guarding Dogen. In addition you will create another two Solars. They are to be commanded to serve the council as I have ordered the already created Solar and Gold Dragon. I expect you to have these completed within the next three days."

Myrsirim already moves onto the next task, ignoring the messages of acknowledgement that chime through the telepathic link.

Spoiler: Finally, preparing for the fight.
    Show
    With little else to do, Myrsirim mediates and stretches, using the time to focus on the martial maneuvers that he wishes to have available in the coming fight.

Myrsirim has the following maneuvers prepared:
    Stalking Ghoul - Unquiet Grave Boost
    Sanguine Perseverance - Scarlet Throne Counter
    Sanguine Perfection - Scarlet Throne Counter
    Black Seraph's Wrath - Black Seraph Boost
    Blade of Perfection - Scarlet Throne Strike
    Poltergeists Wrath - Unquiet Grave Strike
    Lunar Penumbra - Veiled Moon Counter
    Black Seraph Onslaught - Black Seraph Strike
    Break the Hourglass - Riven Hourglass Counter

From then on he'll quietly wait, passing the time before the Tarrasques arrive. His entire body thrums with pent-up energy, waiting to be released.

17. - Top - End - #107

NecromancerGuy

With an almighty 'thud' Myrsirim finishes his flight, landing some 100 feet away from where the spell has informed him that the Tarrasques will arrive. Blood-red mist rushes away from him as the impact sends shockwaves shuddering through the earth, but the sensation barely registers to the undead hulk of a dragon. Since he has time to spare, he busies himself with organising some experiments, telepathically communicating with some of the denizens of the Wyrmspire.

Spoiler: First, a message to Dogen.
    Show

'Dogen, do you read me? I have an idea regarding replenishing the treasury.'

'Certainly, my lord. What were you thinking of?'

'Try to manifest psychic reformation on one of the Veiled Masters - Apollo would be most appropriate. I'll provide the exact details of the changes required. Once that's completed, run through this combination of spells, attempting to permanently conjure pure gold.

While he's doing that and afterwards, I'll need you to discretely monitor his mental state, and see if there are any noticeable personality changes that occur.'

Spoiler: Exact actions:
    Show
    Dogen will use his collective to manifest Psychic Reformation on Apollo the Veiled Master. Apollo will exchange the Wall of Force spell for Fabricate, changing his spells known. After that he'll cast Blood Money and Fabricate, taking 10 points of strength damage to Fabricate 5000 gp worth of gold. Afterwards one of the Clerics or the Simulacrum Solar Angel will cast restoration on him until he's fully healed. If that's allowed and the spell creates permanent gold, then with a little luck the Council can generate all the gold they need...

Spoiler: Secondly, a message to Thoth and Odin, the second and third Veiled Masters.
    Show

"Hear me and obey. Each of you are to form a coven with one of the Norns and an attendant, assuming control over coven assistants as required. You will use the Simulacrum spell to create a full set of Great Wyrm metallic dragons - The gold dragon is already completed, and is guarding Dogen. In addition you will create another two Solars. They are to be commanded to serve the council as I have ordered the already created Solar and Gold Dragon. I expect you to have these completed within the next three days."

Myrsirim already moves onto the next task, ignoring the messages of acknowledgement that chime through the telepathic link.

Spoiler: Finally, preparing for the fight.
    Show
    With little else to do, Myrsirim mediates and stretches, using the time to focus on the martial maneuvers that he wishes to have available in the coming fight.

Myrsirim has the following maneuvers prepared:
    Stalking Ghoul - Unquiet Grave Boost
    Sanguine Perseverance - Scarlet Throne Counter
    Sanguine Perfection - Scarlet Throne Counter
    Black Seraph's Wrath - Black Seraph Boost
    Blade of Perfection - Scarlet Throne Strike
    Poltergeists Wrath - Unquiet Grave Strike
    Lunar Penumbra - Veiled Moon Counter
    Black Seraph Onslaught - Black Seraph Strike
    Break the Hourglass - Riven Hourglass Counter

From then on he'll quietly wait, passing the time before the Tarrasques arrive. His entire body thrums with pent-up energy, waiting to be released.]
    Show
    Th orders go through. In the admittedly unlikely event it comes up can I get a list on in what order the dragons are made.

Any other characters present feel free to write in any of your own preparations that took place.

Time ticks past and the incremental changes build. The surrounding blood becomes gradually warmer and less viscous as it becomes fresher. Geysers of blood jet more and more, and soon faint vibrations begin.

Forty-eight minutes later and the thrashing beasts below have induced local tremors and have begun to breach the surface. Two horns then the powerful neck pulls the jaws clear. The creature scrambles out as fast as it can, snapping off several of it back spines lining the shell as the slightly lower one pushes at it to clear space.

Spoiler: ROLLS
    Show

Tarrasque A Initiative: (1d20+7)[16]
    Tarrasque B Initiative: [roll]120+7[/roll]

Messed up my roll. Did it myself and it was 21.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2018-08-01 at 01:24 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

18. - Top - End - #108
    Dwarf in the Playground

“Finally, they’re here. Shall we grab their attention first?” Says Aria. Purple aetheric energy is already gathering around her claws.

Spoiler: Initiative roll
    Show
    (1d20+7)[27]
    Last edited by Rarkasha; 2018-08-02 at 03:51 PM.

19. - Top - End - #109

"As it already seems to be ready for a fight, I'd say that's a good course of action." Phalnirr says, readying himself.

(1d20+13)[20] Initiative
    Last edited by Arenabait; 2018-08-02 at 04:01 PM.
    Do you want to play all those cool fantasy adventures like Lord of the Rings, Conan the Barbarian*, etc?
    Do you want to not actually bother about whether you've picked something that will work and not left in the dust by the rest of the party at level 7?

20. - Top - End - #110

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad

Initiative roll: (1d20+47)[67]

"Like we planned. I'll take the first one, we'll be taking him home with us. Second guy just needs to be kept busy for a while."

Without further ado, Myrsirim seems to swell in size, becoming similar in size to the Tarrasques, before uttering an earth-shattering roar of challenge. While the creatures are still caught unawares he barrels forward like a sentient meteor, swooping towards the first Tarrasque and delivering a mighty blow.

Show

Myrsirim will use his Titanic armor enchantment (standard action) to become Colossal for one minute. After that he'll use his move action to fly towards the Tarrasque and attack it with his bite attack as his additional standard action.
    Attack Roll: (1d20+45)[46]
    Damage: (8d6+41)[70]
    If he hits, he'll make a grapple attempt. (1d20+58)[66]

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-08-03 at 08:43 AM.

21. - Top - End - #111

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Initiative Order:
    Show

Myrsirim: 67
    Aria: 27
    Tarrasque B: 21
    Phalnirr: 20
    Tarrasque A: 16

Not sure if I explained this during recruitment but for Initiative I allow characters whose initiative steps lack a enemy between them to act in any order, so here Myrsirim and Aria may act first (whoever's player posts first essentially), then Tarrasque B acts, then Phalnirr, then Tarrasque A.

I will also bold whoes turn to act it is.

Initiative roll: [roll0]

"Like we planned. I'll take the first one, we'll be taking him home with us. Second guy just needs to be kept busy for a while."

Without further ado, Myrsirim seems to swell in size, becoming similar in size to the Tarrasques, before uttering an earth-shattering roar of challenge. While the creatures are still caught unawares he barrels forward like a sentient meteor, swooping towards the first Tarrasque and delivering a mighty blow.

Show

Myrsirim will use his Titanic armor enchantment (standard action) to become Colossal for one minute. After that he'll use his move action to fly towards the Tarrasque and attack it with his bite attack as his additional standard action.
    Attack Roll: [roll1]
    Damage: [roll2]
    If he hits, he'll make a grapple attempt. [roll3]

While flying in the titanic creatures roar at you. You manage to miss your bite when the tarrasque you are target adjusts it's footing, taking a step in the progress that would see it unwittingly dodge you as it gets into position to go for your neck.

Spoiler: OOC results
    Show
    Huh, Nat 1. That means a miss.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2018-08-06 at 12:48 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

22. - Top - End - #112
    Dwarf in the Playground

“Let’s see how immortal you are then,” Says Aria, holding out her hand, palm out. A beam of purple colored energy shoots from each fingertip, striking the other Tarrasque. Where the beams strike, the air seems to distort like a heat mirage.

“Dogen, just in case, I need you ready to heal.” Aria was still a bit uncertain about this fight. The idea of a Tarrasque splitting into two was certainly enough to indicate that the normal rules didn’t apply.

“Understood my lord, I am standing by,” Dogen replied.

Spoiler: Dogen Combat
    Show
    Initiative roll for Dogen:
    (1d20+1)[20]

Spoiler: Aria Combat
    Show
    Aether Barrage Pulse, full attack. +1 attack from Aether Barrage’s innate haste effect. All attacks are on Tarrasque B, hitting its touch AC.

(1d20+24)[25]
    (1d20+24)[37]
    (1d20+19)[20]
    (1d20+14)[29]
    (1d20+9)[12]

Damage is 1d6/odd level plus CHA, plus Aria is adding the Time Splitting Pulse Modulation. Save DC is Fort 40, rolled for each attack that hits. Each successful save causes a -1 cumulative penalty to saves against that effect for one round. If the save is failed, the creature is stunned for one round. Targets that are immune can be affected, but receive a +5 bonus to the save.

Damage Rolls:
    (11d6+20)[62]
    (11d6+20)[57]
    (11d6+20)[66]
    (11d6+20)[59]
    (11d6+20)[54]

23. - Top - End - #113

NecromancerGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Rarkasha View Post

“Let’s see how immortal you are then,” Says Aria, holding out her hand, palm out. A beam of purple colored energy shoots from each fingertip, striking the other Tarrasque. Where the beams strike, the air seems to distort like a heat mirage.

“Dogen, just in case, I need you ready to heal.” Aria was still a bit uncertain about this fight. The idea of a Tarrasque splitting into two was certainly enough to indicate that the normal rules didn’t apply.

“Understood my lord, I am standing by,” Dogen replied.

Spoiler: Dogen Combat
    Show
    Initiative roll for Dogen:
    (1d20+31)[35]

Show
    Aether Barrage Pulse, full attack. +1 attack from Aether Barrage’s innate haste effect. All attacks are on Tarrasque B, hitting its touch AC.

(1d20+31)[42]
    (1d20+31)[43]
    (1d20+31)[40]
    (1d20+31)[46]
    [roll5]

Damage is 1d6/odd level plus CHA, plus Aria is adding the Time Splitting Pulse Modulation. Save DC is Fort 40, rolled for each attack that hits. Each successful save causes a -1 cumulative penalty to saves against that effect for one round. If the save is failed, the creature is stunned for one round. Targets that are immune can be affected, but receive a +5 bonus to the save.

Damage Rolls:
    [roll6]
    [roll7]
    [roll8]
    [roll9]
    [roll10]
    Show

Dogen: 20

Your barrage bounces clear of the second Tarrasque's hide to uselessly hit the surrounding swamp, except for one blast that rebounds clear towards yourself.

Even while you deal with your own projectile's return the monster roars and charges...

Spoiler: OOC result
    Show

All Pulses hit.

Saves:
    (1d20+31)[35]
    (1d20+31)[42]
    (1d20+31)[43]
    (1d20+31)[40]
    (1d20+31)[46]

Edit:
    Just noticed the Ather Barrage is a ray as far as I can tell. A Tarrasque is immune to rays and has a defection chance. Rolled for it myself and The fifth ray was deflected and so Aria takes 54 damage and must take the save to avoid stunning. Also I can't find the damage type of the barrage to tell if it's effected by DR.

As I need to tell if Aria is stunned or not I will postpone acting with Tarrasque B for now but everyone assume it is adjacent to Aria.

Note for Arenabait: go ahead and take your turn.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2018-08-06 at 01:57 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

24. - Top - End - #114
    Dwarf in the Playground

“Hey!” says Aria, as the beam races towards her. At the last second, the sword in her orbit sword cuts through the air to intercept the attack.

Show
    Weapon used is the Greatsword that was floating in Arias Orbit Talent. Using Smash from the Air to deflect against the attack roll of 12. Aria has 19 AoOs remaining.

(1d20+44)[48]

25. - Top - End - #115

Phalnirr hesitates a moment, pondering. In a flash his tentacle has drawn and thrown 4 icy blue bombs towards the Tarrasque; And his front 6 limbs have drawn and thrown the same, with nearly as much speed.

Spoiler: Frost Bombs, 10 of them (Multiweapon Fighting+a ton of limbs)
    Show

+1 to hit and damage from point blank shot,+1 to hit from Throw Anything, and -4 from Multiweapon Fighting with the feat. so in total, -2 -3 to hit and +1 to damage. With +19 Ranged attack mod, that's +17 +16 (subtract one from those rolls) to hit vs touch AC. Let's do this.

(1d20+17)[37] to hit, (10d6+29)[65] for damage (Crit! for 29 additional damage)
    (1d20+17)[27] to hit, (10d6+29)[71] for damage
    (1d20+17)[34] to hit, (10d6+29)[77] for damage
    (1d20+17)[33] to hit, (10d6+29)[60] for damage
    (1d20+17)[23] to hit, (10d6+29)[61] for damage
    (1d20+17)[24] to hit, (10d6+29)[67] for damage
    (1d20+17)[28] to hit, (10d6+29)[62] for damage
    (1d20+17)[37] to hit, (10d6+29)[70] for damage (Crit! for 29 additional damage)
    (1d20+17)[35] to hit, (10d6+29)[66] for damage
    (1d20+17)[35] to hit, (10d6+29)[57] for damage

Also, make 10 7 10 DC44 Fortitude saves, or be staggered on your next turn

EDIT: OOPS, can't full attack and move, I only get my 7 attacks between my 6 forelimbs and my tentacle

EDIT2: craaaaaapp, I haven't played PF in a while IRL, rules are fuzzy, so I went back to look. TL;DR: I'm throwing at 5 increments (assuming he's about 100ft away) for a -10 to my +17, which is still more than enough to hit his touch AC, and gives me all my attacks anyway, meaning they all hit. Also, I'mma roll to confirm my crits, since that's a thing I need to do.

EDIT3: And since I'm within 60ft of Aria, all the attacks get +20 damage, meaning a total of +240 damage (The crits get 40 bonus instead of 20)

So that should be a total of 954 damage... With it's DR, that's 804 cold damage to it.
    Last edited by Arenabait; 2018-08-09 at 01:39 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

(1d20+7)[11] for first crit VS touch AC
    (1d20+7)[17] for second crit VS touch AC

27. - Top - End - #117

NecromancerGuy

Show

Dogen: 20

Tarrasque B:
    The creature crashes forth into Aria, attempting to sink it's jaws in but scoring only a glancing blow and sliding of at a bad angle.

Spoiler: Rolls/Combat Actions
    Show

Tarrasque B charges aria, uses Rush if needed.

Hit?: (1d20+39)[50]
    Crit?: (1d20+39)[42]
    Damage: (4d8+15)[30]

Crit on 15+, X3 damage.

Ignores all DR.

Grab: (1d20+57)[73]

Missed.

Phalnirr hesitates a moment, pondering. In a flash his tentacle has drawn and thrown 4 icy blue bombs towards the Tarrasque; And his front 6 limbs have drawn and thrown the same, with nearly as much speed.

Spoiler: Frost Bombs, 10 of them (Multiweapon Fighting+a ton of limbs)
    Show

+1 to hit and damage from point blank shot,+1 to hit from Throw Anything, and -4 from Multiweapon Fighting with the feat. so in total, -2 -3 to hit and +1 to damage. With +19 Ranged attack mod, that's +17 +16 (subtract one from those rolls) to hit vs touch AC. Let's do this.

(1d20+39)[50] to hit, (1d20+39)[42] for damage (Crit! for 29 additional damage)
    (4d8+15)[30] to hit, (1d20+57)[73] for damage
    (1d20+57)[61] to hit, [roll5] for damage
    [roll6] to hit, [roll7] for damage
    [roll8] to hit, [roll9] for damage
    [roll10] to hit, [roll11] for damage
    [roll12] to hit, [roll13] for damage
    [roll14] to hit, [roll15] for damage (Crit! for 29 additional damage)
    [roll16] to hit, [roll17] for damage
    [roll18] to hit, [roll19] for damage

Also, make 10 7 10 DC44 Fortitude saves, or be staggered on your next turn

EDIT: OOPS, can't full attack and move, I only get my 7 attacks between my 6 forelimbs and my tentacle

EDIT2: craaaaaapp, I haven't played PF in a while IRL, rules are fuzzy, so I went back to look. TL;DR: I'm throwing at 5 increments (assuming he's about 100ft away) for a -10 to my +17, which is still more than enough to hit his touch AC, and gives me all my attacks anyway, meaning they all hit. Also, I'mma roll to confirm my crits, since that's a thing I need to do.

EDIT3: And since I'm within 60ft of Aria, all the attacks get +20 damage, meaning a total of +240 damage (The crits get 40 bonus instead of 20)

So that should be a total of 954 damage... With it's DR, that's 804 cold damage to it.
    (1d20+39)[50] for first crit VS touch AC
    (1d20+39)[42] for second crit VS touch AC
    Show

I don't think you specified which tarrasque you attacked. To avoid delays to combat I'll run it as tarrasque B.
    I have rolled the saves myself for speed and it is staggered.

With it's DR, that's
    Also note DR does not apply to energy damage.

The thoroughly frozen Tarrasque attacking Aria drops to the ground, the scale of it's injuries making it shatter in places while frostbite scoured flesh from others moments prior. Even in the state the still living beast tries to fight, a claw twitching only to snap at the joint as flecks of ice are slowly pushed from the tarrasque's hide and replaced with new, fresh, martial.

Tarrasque A:
    As to the monster beside Myrsirim lets rip with all it can. The opening jab-come-slash scrapes into and takes away some of your remaining soft tissue while the tarrasque's tail delivers a fracture to one of your ribs.

Spoiler: Rolls/Combat Actions
    Show

Tarrasque A Full Attacks.

Bite:
    Hit?: [roll]1d20+37
    Crit?: [roll]1d20+37
    Damage: [roll]4d8+15

Crit on 15+, X3 damage.

Grab: (1d20+57)[61]

2 Claws:
    Damage: [roll]1d12+15

Damage: [roll]1d12+15

2 Gores:
    Damage: [roll]1d10+15

Damage: [roll]1d10+15

Tail Slap:
    Hit?: [roll]1d20+32
    Crit?: [roll]1d20+32
    Damage: [roll]3d8+7

All attacks ignore DR.

Gore and tail hit. 36 damage.
    Last edited by ThreadNecro5; 2018-08-10 at 02:17 PM.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

28. - Top - End - #118

NecromancerGuy

Spoiler: Messed up the rolls
    Show

Bite:
    Hit?: (1d20+37)[42]
    Crit?: (1d20+37)[46]
    Damage: (4d8+15)[37]

Crit on 15+, X3 damage.

2 Claws:
    Hit?: (1d20+37)[49]
    Crit?: (1d20+37)[49]
    Damage: (1d12+15)[23]

Hit?: (1d20+37)[50]
    Crit?: (1d20+37)[53]
    Damage: (1d12+15)[27]

2 Gores:
    Hit?: (1d20+37)[43]
    Crit?: (1d20+37)[51]
    Damage: (1d10+15)[17]

Hit?: (1d20+37)[57]
    Crit?: (1d20+37)[47]
    Damage: (1d10+15)[17]

Tail Slap:
    Hit?: (1d20+32)[52]
    Crit?: (1d20+32)[47]
    Damage: (3d8+7)[19]

All attacks ignore DR.
    my homebrew signature:
    here on page 9

29. - Top - End - #119

Show

Just to be clear, that was indeed my intent since the plan was for Myrsirim to figuratively tie one up while the rest of us take the other one.

30. - Top - End - #120

Lizardfolk

Myrsirim the Mad
    Level 20 Druid/Stalker/Umbral Dragon | Senses: 120ft Blindsense, 60ft Tremorsense, See Invisible, See in Darkness | Location: Gorelands | AC: 105 HP: 524 |

Spoiler: OOC:
    Show
    Just so I understand it correct, both the gore and the tail slap threaten criticals but aren't confirmed, so Myrsirim takes 36 damage in total, and this damage bypasses his DR.

The Tarrasque begins to rip and tear at Myrisim as it brings its strength to bear, but the sensation is muted and indistinct. He sees it as though from far away, as though the blackened flesh and broken bones belong to someone else.

'After a blunder like that, I'm lucky it didn't hit me harder than it did. Let's not give it time to try again.'

With a concentration of will and an arcane gesture, Myrsirim reaches out to the Tarrasque and casts Plane Shift.

Show

Swift action to use the Ki Infusion feat, spending 9 ki points(discounted from 10 using Ring of Ki Mastery) to boost caster level by 5 for this spell.

Using the Sacred Geometry feat to add the Persistent Metamagic for free, while using a full-round action. Full round action to cast Persistent Plane Shift, making the touch attack to hit the Tarrasque.

Spoiler: Resolve Plane Shift:
    Show

Touch attack: (1d20+46)[47]

Edit1: Dear lord, two natural 1's in a row... Also the first attack was meant to be at a +45 modifier, not +46. Either way, since Myrsirim can hold the charge of the spell until he hits (Holding the Charge), he'll use his additional standard action to try another touch attack.

[roll]1d20+45[/roll]

Tarrasque A has to make two DC 39 Will saves, failing either of them will see it teleported to the prison demiplane. Since the demiplane is so tiny it doesn't really matter that Plane shift doesn't take it to an exact location.

Spoiler: Sacred Geometry = Nerdy Math ****
    Show

11 ranks in Knowledge (Engineering):
    Rolling (1d6)[5] (1d6)[5] (1d6)[3] (1d6)[1] (1d6)[4] (1d6)[6] (1d6)[3] (1d6)[3] (1d6)[3] (1d6)[5] (1d6)[1]
    Effectively a 9th level spell, need to get 101, 103, or 107

Edit1: (5 x 5 x 3) + 1 + (4 x 6) + 3 - 3 + 3 + 5 - 1 = 107. Success.

Last edited by Quantumphear; 2018-08-13 at 09:55 PM.