New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: The Promised Neverland: Promises kept and broken (to be edited)

Good.
    Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good. Good.
    WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    "What's done is done."

Pony Avatar thanks to Elemental

2. - Top - End - #62
    Colossus in the Playground

In the official release he says excellent and I think it works better.

But yeah, agreed. That was a really good action-y chapter! Not much to say, but very actiony!

3. - Top - End - #63
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by LaZodiac View Post
    In the official release he says excellent and I think it works better.

But yeah, agreed. That was a really good action-y chapter! Not much to say, but very actiony!
    I don't know... I feel "excellent" is too clunky for something to ramble in ecstasy. I mean, he's in... the throws of passion, kind of. He's doing something he couldn't do for centuries. It's kind of like... well, sexual, I think. And while I don't know how demons do it (or want to know) and maybe other People are different about it than me... it seems to me that "good" is much more natural than "excellent" in that situation.

Also: I'm still amazed anyone can remotely hold a candle to him, considering the things the guy can do. He should have been able to destroy armies back in the day and humanity should be extinct.
    "What's done is done."

4. - Top - End - #64

Quote Originally Posted by Kato View Post
    I don't know... I feel "excellent" is too clunky for something to ramble in ecstasy. I mean, he's in... the throws of passion, kind of. He's doing something he couldn't do for centuries. It's kind of like... well, sexual, I think. And while I don't know how demons do it (or want to know) and maybe other People are different about it than me... it seems to me that "good" is much more natural than "excellent" in that situation.

Also: I'm still amazed anyone can remotely hold a candle to him, considering the things the guy can do. He should have been able to destroy armies back in the day and humanity should be extinct.
    That's fair. I think it works since it shows that even in the most passionate state we've see him, he is still the refined hunter he considers himself to be. The demons may be destructive, but they are still people, not monsters playing at humanity.

I have to imagine he didn't start this level of skill and just refined it to a razor sharp edge. I mean look at the guy, he looks ANCIENT. Dude's been around for a long time.

5. - Top - End - #65
    Bugbear in the Playground

So just started reading this and was wondering whether all evil characters will constantly have creepy expressions it seems a bit overdone with the new helper lady?

6. - Top - End - #66

Quote Originally Posted by Ibrinar View Post
    So just started reading this and was wondering whether all evil characters will constantly have creepy expressions it seems a bit overdone with the new helper lady?
    a LITTLE bit, but I think it works. Chrome's face is definitely the most exaggerated of the ones we've seen so far.

7. - Top - End - #67
    Titan in the Playground

a LITTLE bit, but I think it works. Chrome's face is definitely the most exaggerated of the ones we've seen so far.
    Chrome? Did you mix up your not-quite-as-popular-manga? But yes, it's more like... ok, it's the kind of racist way african americans look in manga. There you go. I cannot think of too many other examples.
    "What's done is done."

8. - Top - End - #68

Chrome? Did you mix up your not-quite-as-popular-manga? But yes, it's more like... ok, it's the kind of racist way african americans look in manga. There you go. I cannot think of too many other examples.
    I could...ah, damn. Right, it's Krone, my bad! Yeah I made the mistake, my bad.

but yeah no you're not wrong it dips into that a bit much and I'd rather it not.

Also hey forgot to say it but apparently we're getting an anime at some point soon?

9. - Top - End - #69

Ah, which "not-quite-as-popular-manga" is the one with a chrome?

10. - Top - End - #70

Ah, which "not-quite-as-popular-manga" is the one with a chrome?
    Doctor Stone, the other series that is carried almost entirely by me and Kato on this forum.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Titan in the Playground

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

Not much to say. All is lost but Emma is not giving up
    Well, there is some plan, I guess something like blowing up the whole village or so. But apparently Emma has a better idea based on... something. I'm too dumb to guess what but we will see. Maybe something about his pet?
    I'm still curious if the story will just end with them finding the way to the real world an all leaving.
    Also, the face Emma makes when ??? promises to tell her his name is pretty prizeless.
    "What's done is done."

12. - Top - End - #72

New chapter.

Spoiler
    Show

Not much to say. All is lost but Emma is not giving up
    Well, there is some plan, I guess something like blowing up the whole village or so. But apparently Emma has a better idea based on... something. I'm too dumb to guess what but we will see. Maybe something about his pet?
    I'm still curious if the story will just end with them finding the way to the real world an all leaving.
    Also, the face Emma makes when ??? promises to tell her his name is pretty prizeless.
    Spoiler
    Show

I imagine once the promise is broken, it's broken for EVERYONE. So we'll go to the real world, get a time skip where our heroes learn that the real world is honestly kinda ****ty too, and then...the demons will return.

Also yeah that was a really cute expression. I hope Mr Nameless doesn't die I wanna know his damn name!

But yeah, good chapter over all. I think Emma was about to ask why his monkey friend brought Leuvis' hat back. The hat is going to be important.

13. - Top - End - #73
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

I imagine once the promise is broken, it's broken for EVERYONE. So we'll go to the real world, get a time skip where our heroes learn that the real world is honestly kinda ****ty too, and then...the demons will return.

Also yeah that was a really cute expression. I hope Mr Nameless doesn't die I wanna know his damn name!

But yeah, good chapter over all. I think Emma was about to ask why his monkey friend brought Leuvis' hat back. The hat is going to be important.
    Hm... not sure about the future... I guess we'll have to wait and see.

Spoiler
    Show

No hat, just sensibly limited regeneration. I guess keep shooting until he drops dead is the tactic now.
    And he enjoys himself immensely.
    Also, experiment boy showed up and apparently is way strong..
    "What's done is done."

14. - Top - End - #74

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm excited to see the mutant boy punch Leuvis in the head, yeah.

But yeah, this makes sense. This is a pretty clear deduction, and one that makes sense. I like how Leuvis thinks they also know the eyes regenerate slowly, but they actually don't know that so that's a cool continuation of the themes that our heroes and villains know differing information.

Which of course makes me think this'll come back to bite them. Someone who died today is only faking death due to the damage. That's my prediction.

15. - Top - End - #75

Spoiler
    Show
    And down with the protagonist, now we can switch viewpoint and make it an exiting hunting manga!

16. - Top - End - #76
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show
    I'm excited to see the mutant boy punch Leuvis in the head, yeah.

But yeah, this makes sense. This is a pretty clear deduction, and one that makes sense. I like how Leuvis thinks they also know the eyes regenerate slowly, but they actually don't know that so that's a cool continuation of the themes that our heroes and villains know differing information.

Which of course makes me think this'll come back to bite them. Someone who died today is only faking death due to the damage. That's my prediction.
    If they actually screwed up enough to properly take out one of the demons I think I might be quitting this But no, I don't see that happening.

I do like the idea of stories with different POVs and different knowledge between characters but I'm always unable to properly Keep straight who knows what and who doesn't. At least if it gets somewhat compley I actually really like stories where we only know what ONE person knows and have to work their their perspective.

Spoiler
    Show
    And down with the protagonist, now we can switch viewpoint and make it an exiting hunting manga!
    Spoiler
    Show

Oh, sure, she is totally dead...

Well, we get loads of Action and apparently Lewis is pretty much a geriatric by demon standards. Well, he's still winning against half a dozen enemies.

Also, what the hell did they do with Adam? It seems if demons have that kind of interest in genetic engeineering I'm not sure where this plot is going long term. Unless it's just humans doing it in the demon world because no human rights and stuff.
    "What's done is done."

17. - Top - End - #77

Spoiler
    Show
    Since Bayon is the one who funded that service that made Adam, he was probably looking for a way to create huntable prey. Making meat that TASTES GOOD even if you don't explicitly chase it down and kill it yourself. Genetic engineering to make your food better in a variety of ways makes perfect sense.

Emma is of course not dead, but she DID GET STABBED TWICE. This series is fairly realistic so she'll be having a pretty rough time because of this.

18. - Top - End - #78

New chapter!

Spoiler
    Show
    and so ends Leuvis. I figured this ace in the hole would show up here, and I'm sure people will call it a cheap shot, but I like it. I do prefer the series when it's being more mental though, yeah.

19. - Top - End - #79

New chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

We see the human side perspective of killing Leuvis...and then see his memories splinter and fragment as he's shot in the head. A test tube of sorts, and those religious demons our heroes first met are within his memories...I wonder what the deal is. Mysterious.

Then comes the...unfortunate thing. We're out of medicine, we have to leave, and the wounded are asking to be left to die. Jesus.

20. - Top - End - #80
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Hm... I'm mostly curious if Lewis relation to the two religious demons will crop up again. I guess considering they all want to "hunt humans" maybe he was part of that religion but decided to go a different way with it... or something.

Also... dude, eff you. If you want to go "leave me behind", fine. We know they won't but you can say that. But you don't get to speak for the other wounded. Seriously, there's a difference between sacrificing yourself and telling your comrades to give up.
    Also, sorry story, you have not sold yourself to me gritty enough to make me believe any of them get left behind.
    "What's done is done."

21. - Top - End - #81

Spoiler
    Show
    Sure it is about leaving the wounded behind and not about ex nameless guy speeding ahead with MC girl and the rest travelling separately? Edit: no was leaving behind though also moving ahead with emma.
    Last edited by Ibrinar; 2018-07-13 at 03:16 PM.

22. - Top - End - #82

Spoiler
    Show
    I still think this was a good chapter, but you're not wrong. This was probably the weakest Neverland has been since it started. Let's hope things pick up, because I really like it.

23. - Top - End - #83
    Ettin in the Playground

So I heard of this series yesterday, drank two pots of coffee and read all there was in one go.

God there's so much ****ed up stuff in this series. Then you consider it's basically unchanged from how we handle animals our self....
    For that reason, while the plantations are pretty awful, people like Jung-Zoo and Lewis strike me as pretty sympathetic.

Yeah... If you're not firm in your belief that there is a distinct difference between humans and animals this will very likely turn you into a vegetarian...
    *snicker*

You know there are two ways that lack of distinction can go, right? Either all living, feeling creatures are off the table, or none of them are. I find factory farming unethical and detest mistreatment of animals and disrespect of their cognition, yet I still hunt and eat meat. When deciding whether or not to shoot a deer, whether the deer thinks is not the ethically relevant question to me.

---

Spoiler: And now for some wild mass guessing:
    Show
    Putting together hints and implications throughout the series, I heavily suspect the demons are neurovores of sort. This also means they can absorb memories, personality, intelligence, or if you want to be short, the spirit of a person who's brain they eat. Related, I heavily suspect the existence of the more human-like, civilized demons is somehow reliant on them eating human brains, with some subspecies of demons having regressed to a bestial state due to being deprived of this vital dietary supplement.
    "It's the fate of all things under the sky,
    to grow old and wither and die."

24. - Top - End - #84

Quote Originally Posted by Frozen_Feet View Post
    So I heard of this series yesterday, drank two pots of coffee and read all there was in one go.

For that reason, while the plantations are pretty awful, people like Jung-Zoo and Lewis strike me as pretty sympathetic.

*snicker*

You know there are two ways that lack of distinction can go, right? Either all living, feeling creatures are off the table, or none of them are. I find factory farming unethical and detest mistreatment of animals and disrespect of their cognition, yet I still hunt and eat meat. When deciding whether or not to shoot a deer, whether the deer thinks is not the ethically relevant question to me.

---

Spoiler: And now for some wild mass guessing:
    Show
    Putting together hints and implications throughout the series, I heavily suspect the demons are neurovores of sort. This also means they can absorb memories, personality, intelligence, or if you want to be short, the spirit of a person who's brain they eat. Related, I heavily suspect the existence of the more human-like, civilized demons is somehow reliant on them eating human brains, with some subspecies of demons having regressed to a bestial state due to being deprived of this vital dietary supplement.
    I get that, and I fully imagine there'll be a demon out there who thinks like that. The religious one is kinda like that, really.

That seems like a pretty solid theory. They probably don't keep the memories permanently, since we've seen that one twin demon say something like "I have to kill them while you're still with me" after eating his sister.

25. - Top - End - #85

And the arc is complete. Time for the next one.

also, Mister Guy's name is Yugo. Neat.

26. - Top - End - #86
    Titan in the Playground

And the arc is complete. Time for the next one.

also, Mister Guy's name is Yugo. Neat.
    Yeah, arc over, not much to say. I guess we could have elaborated on Gilda's mistrust (geez, had to look up her name) but then I'm happy this is over and the ending not drawn out.
    I guess the shelter can take another dozen people because it magically prodices unlimited food
    So, next is... back to the farm? Seems smart.....
    "What's done is done."

27. - Top - End - #87

Something I forgot to say last time: Leuvis' body wasn't there. His body was gone. Leuvis is alive, I think. Continuing to the new chapter!
    Spoiler
    Show

Emma has a better idea. Before we leave the human world, and possibly endanger everyone by breaking the promise...lets save everyone! Let's ensure that this demon world doesn't persist. They're gonna save everyone, and the big twist that really sets a goal for the series beyond survival: Find Words, and make a new Promise.

Also, Mujika's pendant she gave Emma is definitely a listening device of some sort. She knows Emma's going to do this. And she's happy about it.
    Last edited by LaZodiac; 2018-07-30 at 04:46 PM.

28. - Top - End - #88
    Titan in the Playground

Huh... I didn't notice... but frankly, after his ending I think I won't be happy if / when he comes back. But I guess he will then. Somehow.

Ugh, really? Okay, I don't like to be the spoil sport but from all we can guess, their big plan is basically suicide. Going into the hornet's nest and trying to negotiate with basically nothing in their hands, right now. I mean, sure, they'll come up with something, but at this point this is not a plan, this is hoping for a miracle.

Also, I guess I like the theory better than telepathy But I'm not sure what's more likely at this point.

Also also: so the evil human(s) are at this point the bigger enemy than the human eating demons? I mean, that's what you'd usually shows the cliffhanger.
    "What's done is done."

29. - Top - End - #89

Huh... I didn't notice... but frankly, after his ending I think I won't be happy if / when he comes back. But I guess he will then. Somehow.

Ugh, really? Okay, I don't like to be the spoil sport but from all we can guess, their big plan is basically suicide. Going into the hornet's nest and trying to negotiate with basically nothing in their hands, right now. I mean, sure, they'll come up with something, but at this point this is not a plan, this is hoping for a miracle.

Also, I guess I like the theory better than telepathy But I'm not sure what's more likely at this point.

Also also: so the evil human(s) are at this point the bigger enemy than the human eating demons? I mean, that's what you'd usually shows the cliffhanger.
    My personal theory is that Words is just straight up God, and reaching him requires a lot of effort that basically gives you a bargaining right. But to reach the end you must have both races come together in peace, for that moment, to make a Promise. So she'll need to make a demon friend. Also I don't think Leuvis is alive, but we'll see.

I mean...when you get right down to it, that's arguably true. What's worse, the demon eating you, or the man betraying his kind to the demons? It's an honestly good question to ask. Your enemies are bad, but what do you do with people who should be your allies who're on the enemies side?

30. - Top - End - #90
    Titan in the Playground

But... That's just conjecture. We know he's important to the demons, which is about what the kids know. Heck, we know slightly more because we got a few extra scenes. But assuming reaching him grants you wishes or him being remotely sympathetic to humans has no basis. As far as we know they plan to become self-delivered food.

Well, but then you can also argue he's just trying to keep the status quo and prevent a huge war between humans and demons.
    "What's done is done."