New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. - Top - End - #61
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: Microscope Ancient Fantasy

I'm sad to say Captain Coffee has quit, due to overextension into the world of PbP. Well, we must continue, with the start of the scene. I'll play the sky god as well in their place :P.

Atec sits in his tent, burning incense with his legs crossed. He holds a baby in one hand, and a knife in another. Using wind magic, he floats the child into the air before stabbing it, as is custom for providing a sacrifice to their god in their tribe, and speaks: "Goddess of the air we breathe and the sky we see! Protect us from the invaders of earth and sea! Please accept this sacrifice, and fulfill my pleas!"

Neryja, goddess of the sky, floats through the heavens, having heard the message from her shaman. Her form is similar to that of a dust devil, with a female human body from the hips up atop it. The land, being closer to the disciples of the air than to the sea, she meets the goddess of the earth first. "Why do your folk flock across land that was agreed upon to be mine, and mine alone? Sylv too. Is it because you two think I can't do anything to you? Our father did spoil you two, younger sister."
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-03-15 at 12:51 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.
    Amazing Avatar by Smutmulch

2. - Top - End - #62
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

In the flickering flame a small talon emerged from the top of the incense before sweeping into the darkness, he had hoped to taste the babe’s soul before it was devoted to the Gods but it seemed he had missed that chance. Although following the whispers to the sky perhaps there were more deathly prizes to be won. Silently he began following this sky Goddess and settled as a flickering flame inside a series of brambles, overlooking the position at which the gods met.
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarMonkey1 View Post
    I suddenly feel that my character is not as optimized as it could be...

Oh well, it should still be fun.

3. - Top - End - #63
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    I'm sad to say Captain Coffee has quit, due to overextension into the world of PbP. Well, we must continue, with the start of the scene. I'll play the sky god as well in their place :P.

Atec sits in his tent, burning incense with his legs crossed. He holds a baby in one hand, and a knife in another. Using wind magic, he floats the child into the air before stabbing it, as is custom for providing a sacrifice to their god in their tribe, and speaks: "Goddess of the air we breathe and the sky we see! Protect us from the invaders of earth and sea! Please accept this sacrifice, and fulfill my pleas!"

Neryja, goddess of the sky, floats through the heavens, having heard the message from her shaman. Her form is similar to that of a dust devil, with a female human body from the hips up atop it. The land, being closer to the disciples of the air than to the sea, she meets the goddess of the earth first. "Why do your folk flock across land that was agreed upon to be mine, and mine alone? Sylv too. Is it because you two think I can't do anything to you? Our father did spoil you two, younger sister."
    Sylv has never been one to hold one form for very long, only keeping her appearance only until a new whim would take them. For now she appears as a raging sea, with waves rippling across what passes as her skin. Her eyes are like the seafoam after a large wave. She is the very essence of the raging sea, the tsunami, the crashing wave.

"Your father, you mean. He was never mine; he never claimed me and I never needed him." Sylv says, scoffing.

"And agreement? What agreement? The one that you broke when you allowed your people to exploit the seas and rivers? Or perhaps you mean the one that explicitly allowed my people to travel along the waterways?" She says, her voice dripping with barely contained frustration.

"You have always made promises that you've never felt very inclined to keep your end of!
    I, for one, am tired of your hubris. Yet, still you lord it over us, like you are so much better.
    You are not! We are your equals, that's why we came to this agreement in the first place! Or have you so quickly forgotten my power?"
    she says.
    Last edited by 3WhiteFox3; 2018-03-16 at 01:20 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.

4. - Top - End - #64
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

"Yes, yes, you're both very frightening," Eshalili says. "And both so true to the covenant," she continues in a tone which implies anything but.

The goddess of the land takes shape, the earth itself rising and assuming womanly form. Form which reaches towards the swirling dust-figure in the heavens. "What's this you clothe yourself in, elder sister? Have you nought of your own? How is it that my people's fields remain dry, while the clouds scurry so quickly to the aid of your people, until what was once fertile becomes as bone dust, and your winds strip it and carry the land itself from beneath my people's feet?"

"And you, half-sister, do you think I don't notice your nibbling at my shores and carrying off that which is not your own?"

The earthen figure becomes more solid, stony somehow. "As the youngest, I held my tongue when my land...Mine!...was divided for the benefit of your peoples, but your peoples have not remained content with that which you bullied from me, have they? Is it a surprise that my people are needy, too? Is it a surprise that they feel there will be no place for them?"

Obsidian eyes survey the churning water and the swirling air, then look away. "And now, you will suggest that I call them to heel so that you may continue to plunder me."

"Is it not so?"

5. - Top - End - #65
    Troll in the Playground

Neryja looks frustrated. "You two have grown weak with your powers over land and sea. You have no responsibility!" She turns to Eshalili.

"Eshalili, your only need is to make new land every once in a while!" She turns to Sylv, and points at her angrily.

"And you! You truly care about your seas, yet you allow your younger sister to move them all around with her new lands? Foolish." She pats her chest.

"I, on the other hand, maintain the skies themselves, and, by extension, the day and night! I control the air our folk all breathe. And you both have the free time to grant your followers superior magic to mine? She turns back to Eshahili, her hair flowing like wind behind her.

"And need I remind you, Eshalili... more than your body has become like sediment, but your mind as well! I blow the winds every which way, which is why I have to lead you to the true culprit of your dry lands: Sylv! She does care so about her picturesque lakes and rivers that may well be puddles to us, and not unlike puddles, they dry up. They dry up and make the clouds and rain down someplace else. And what happens if one of us comes down into the world just to prevent a large amount of water from drying, I ask you?" Back to Sylv, her white hair and body turning dark like a storm cloud, with lightning coursing out of her.

"You have done nothing to me for failing to keep my end of the bargain. Are you afraid of my power? You flaunt it with your power-hungry followers' newborns, but I hold much of mine within myself and a special few." she chuckles. "I wonder what mother would say if she saw us bickering like this."
    Wow, i can’t believe it, WotC actually made the rules compatible for a situation in which an ape demon is leaping into the air to knock a vampire out of a Poylmorphed T-rex’s jaws who is flying 120 feet above the ground.

6. - Top - End - #66
    Troll in the Playground

Okay, so whassup

7. - Top - End - #67
    Barbarian in the Playground

WolfInSheepsClothing

I wasn't sure if I should post next or not. I'll just go ahead and do it.

Sylv's eyes soften as she hears Eshalili, remembering the old days when they had all lived in harmony. Of the two, she is definitely Sylv's preferred sister.

"My seas take from the land, it's true, but we also give back to them. As sediment is eroded by my waters, it is carried along until it is deposited onto another of your shores, giving you fresh soil. Do not volcanoes, which lie within my waters, give you new lands? And allow you to revitalize the earth and soil? We cooperated in their creation, I gave you the places they could grow. I even give clean water freely to all who would drink. I have always given so much to both of my sisters, but it is never enough, and you try to take what little I ask for. I love you, dear sister, I always have; but I need to be free, and thus my waters must also be free."

Sylv becomes hardened again when she turns to Nerjya, "How dare you! Do you forget that the only reason your precious clouds and sky exist is because I have always generously given of the water to you? Those skies that are so precious to you? They would not exist without my water vapor! Instead of you trying to stop my water from drying up, perhaps I should withhold it from the sky? Then the air would become parched and dry, your rain clouds would cease existence and you would be the god over very little. This world needs us all jointly if we are to succeed."

She sighs, angry tears starting to flow from her eyes. "There was a time where we lived together in harmony! You speak of mother, that she would be ashamed of us. Yet, it is you who has forgotten all of her lessons! She told me to give you the chance to be the better goddess, to support you. That is why I have not retaliated. Not for lack of power, but for memories of the days where we loved each other. When we made this world in love and happiness! But if those days are over, then by my mother I swear, I will not let your pride abuse me any longer! If you cannot remember who we used to be then I will be the one to remind you."

Then, much softer. "It says much to hear you criticize me for being generous with my gifts to my followers. It is clear to me that you wish to hoard power, to control and dominate. I will not be dominated. Nor will I give any more to those who would take and take from me without giving anything in return. I have given so much to the both of you. Listen to my plea this one time. Do not let us be broken apart like this! I fear that something terrible will take place if we continue down this path. But if you leave me no other option, then by the raging waters, I will avenge myself and I will fight for my freedom."
    Last edited by 3WhiteFox3; 2018-03-21 at 09:09 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Phelix-Mu View Post
    We live in the land of the internets, where arguing is never pointless.

8. - Top - End - #68
    Troll in the Playground

Neryja snaps out of what was like a mindless rage, and puts her hand on Sylv's shoulder."You are right, sister. It is not right to fight based on our own differences. All of us need water, one of us wants most of the water. All of us need land, one wants most of the land. As the eldest, I need to be the mediator for my siblings' quarrels; I need to be a neutral party. None of us want to steal the sky, do we? I have nothing to be mad over that one of you is more mad over." She snaps her fingers, and a massive scroll appears out of thin air. She wraps an arm around Sylv, and sits her down on a couch made of clouds.

"We will write a treaty. Sylv, you will have supreme commandment of the oceans and seas, but no binding the water to stand still without becoming clouds, or else Eshalili will be angry. Eshalili, you have supreme commandment of the land, but you must allow each of our group of followers a third each, perhaps two-sevenths if you wish to have more than us by a small margin. We hold ourselves still, not expanding too far beyond our borders or walking through each others' borders, so our land must all be within reach of another point within it. And I, I must produce winds that blow every which way, to give moisture to everyone and cool breezes to everyone," She scribbles with a pen. "And before you argue that I will not hold up my side of the bargain like always, to prevent this we will sign it in the name of our mother, the one parent we all share. If one of us breaks the contract, and, by extension, the promise, the opposing two shall go against them in war, or console them." She quickly writes the last parts to the contract, and signs her name, with swirly wind motifs all over it.

9. - Top - End - #69
    Dwarf in the Playground

Griffon

OOC:

Pardon me, folks, but I have a question before my next post.

Is this period our event is in supposed to be light or dark? Did we decide any periods were light or dark? I think we might've missed an important step!

10. - Top - End - #70
    Troll in the Playground

Ohh, yeah, we forgot that
    Well, in these scenes we can't change the future so somehow the war does start from this scene.
    Sometime soon, go find which periods/events yours were and think of if it's light and dark, then post those here. I'll put the list in with the light and dark.

In the future put in goldenrod for light and black for dark.
    Last edited by Gluteus_Maximus; 2018-03-22 at 09:48 AM.

11. - Top - End - #71
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

I think an OOC thread would be useful for when we want to ask questions without breaking the flow of the game.

12. - Top - End - #72
    Troll in the Playground

13. - Top - End - #73
    Ettin in the Playground

DruidGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Gluteus_Maximus View Post
    Neryja snaps out of what was like a mindless rage, and puts her hand on Sylv's shoulder."You are right, sister. It is not right to fight based on our own differences. All of us need water, one of us wants most of the water. All of us need land, one wants most of the land. As the eldest, I need to be the mediator for my siblings' quarrels; I need to be a neutral party. None of us want to steal the sky, do we? I have nothing to be mad over that one of you is more mad over." She snaps her fingers, and a massive scroll appears out of thin air. She wraps an arm around Sylv, and sits her down on a couch made of clouds.

"We will write a treaty. Sylv, you will have supreme commandment of the oceans and seas, but no binding the water to stand still without becoming clouds, or else Eshalili will be angry. Eshalili, you have supreme commandment of the land, but you must allow each of our group of followers a third each, perhaps two-sevenths if you wish to have more than us by a small margin. We hold ourselves still, not expanding too far beyond our borders or walking through each others' borders, so our land must all be within reach of another point within it. And I, I must produce winds that blow every which way, to give moisture to everyone and cool breezes to everyone," She scribbles with a pen. "And before you argue that I will not hold up my side of the bargain like always, to prevent this we will sign it in the name of our mother, the one parent we all share. If one of us breaks the contract, and, by extension, the promise, the opposing two shall go against them in war, or console them." She quickly writes the last parts to the contract, and signs her name, with swirly wind motifs all over it.
    While binding them in treaty may have made some peace the demons would not rest until the war was begun. Beneath the feet of the sky tribes the imps of magma were released turning any fertile lands into ash and stone while never being seen from above, and staying well clear of the eart-lands. At midnight the shadow wraiths flew free blocking out the light of the sun from the lands of the tribes of the sea, hanging low on the mists they stifled the air and unleashed decaying poisons yet they fled from sight before the gods of the air could see them at dawn. Worst of all was the lands of the earth tribes where fiends of death made merry in the waters turning it into a sickening ooze yet creeping out before the rivers reached the sea.

With each tribe stricken by these ills the daemon prince was exhausted and owed much to servants or other lords. Yet he had succeeded in framing the gods for these attacks and if the war started soon he could be the first to reap these fresh souls.