New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Barbarian in the Playground

BlueKnightGuy

Default Re: SorenKnight's G's G&G Red Hand of Doom Campaign

When you take the time to closely examine the scene without the distraction of angry monsters, you notice the glint of metal from the wreckage that the hydra had initially hid behind. Upon closer inspection you unearth the rotten remnants of previous prey, small humanoid bones garbed in tattered leather armor with a blood red hand insignia.

On a larger, human sized corpse, you find a shining metal breast plate, perfectly intact in defiance of the wet swamp.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Bugbear in the Playground

Spoiler: Dwarven
    Show

"Rest in peace, brave soldier. May your inner furnaces burn bright in the afterlives."
    Maram says solemnly to the human-sized corpse, placing a hand upon the breastplate for a moment afterward before turning to his companions. "Well, we've cleared this swamp of one beastie, but the goblins and hobgoblins are nowhere to be seen. Methinks we should make haste or we might not be in time to stop the slimy rats."
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Zahn View Post
    ...I like your style, Mr.Brains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyren
    Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show
    :By Ceika
    :By Akrim.Elf

3. - Top - End - #93

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: If Everyone's Cool with Marching On, This Happens
    Show

Looming out of the shadowy woods ahead is a haunting sight—a
    ruined keep. The old castle sits on a small rocky hillock, and you can
    catch glimpses of a broken tower between the trees. A moss-covered
    stone at the side of the road you’re following marks a footpath that
    looks like it leads up to the keep. An abandoned fortress like this could very well contain the uninvited visitors you're looking for...

Or, failing that, at least provide a could vantage point from which to survey the surrounding terrain.

Last edited by SorenKnight; 2018-06-28 at 03:31 PM.

4. - Top - End - #94

SamuraiGuy

Enn looks at the others, and says "I can scout ahead a bit, once night falls, are there any objections?"
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes
    Quote Originally Posted by Telonius View Post
    3.5 is the English Language of gaming.
    Folklore and the Evil Eye - A Guide to The Dreamscarred Press Malefex Class

5. - Top - End - #95
    Ogre in the Playground

"None that I can think off. Flee back to us if it becomes too dangerous for you." Aukan responds after a moment of thought.

6. - Top - End - #96

"I...suppose it's unwise to attack an enemy inside their own base if you don't know the terrain and such..." Maram agrees slowly, as if debating it to himself, before nodding, "No objection from me, lass. But if things get dicey, lead the cretins to us. Setting an ambush isn't how I prefer to fight, but there's no denying their effectiveness."
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

Meanwhile, the sorcerer is the HS dropout that ended up debt-free and founding Facebook.
    My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

7. - Top - End - #97

SamuraiGuy

Enn nods - "Exactly what I was planing, I can move very quickly."
    Game I am in:
    Giants and Graveyards Red Hand of Doom as Enn (3.5 Changeling Rogue//Dark template/Beguiler) using Grod's awesome Giants and Graveyards fixes

8. - Top - End - #98

SamuraiGuy

As dusk falls, Enn nods to the others - "Heading in." She then slips through the shadows, moving siliently, using her cloak to blur around her, mimicking shadows.

Spoiler: OOC
    Show
    Using the shrouded dance skill trick to form concealment, alowing me to hide, Dark template means I can hide while observed, so long as I have concealment, and as Giants and Graveyards has at will skill tricks, I can do this all night.
    Hide Check (1d20+24)[35]
    Move silently Check (1d20+22)[27]
    Using standard action to move at half speed, 25 feet a round.
    Game I am in:

9. - Top - End - #99

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Enn's Viewpoint
    Show
    As you reach the level of the blocky keep you see a hole torn in the southern wall. Once jagged, it has since been worn smooth with the passage of time, but it still offers a glimpse into the equally ruined interior.

One of the smaller buildings clinging to the keep's western wall flickers with fire light, and the dim sound of voices echoes out through that building's own broken wall.

The voices are clearly speaking Goblin, both a few reedy goblin voices and the louder voices of a handful of their hobgoblin cousins, with occasional comments from something far larger and deeper than either. The conversation largely consists of eager speculation on what glories they can win when they overrun the the Vale, and when the assault will finally begin.

The goblins are impatient, but the hobgoblins are confident that the horde will begin its march from the Wyrmsmoke mountains soon, maybe even within the week.
    Last edited by SorenKnight; 2018-07-25 at 09:25 AM.

10. - Top - End - #100

SamuraiGuy

Enn listens in, before she releases her rave to gain an idea of the lay out, and slips back to Aukan and Maram
    meanwhile, her familiar flies up, and ,scans the buildings, before also heading back to the others.
    Game I am in:

11. - Top - End - #101

BlueKnightGuy

Spoiler: Party's Viewpoint
    Show

A bloodcurdling scream comes out of nowhere, accompanied by ghastly lights from atop the ruined tower. A glowing corpse floats above the crumbled walls, howling its hate into the cold night air.

Spoiler: Bird's Eye View/Raven's Viewpoint
    Show
    Technically your raven can't see through ceilings, but the map doesn't have any enemy positions on it, so I don't think it really spoils anything. Enn's by the hole in the south wall. 6, 7, 8 (the room with light and voices), and 9 are old outbuildings from the days the keep was functional, standard wooden structures clinging to the outside wall for protection from siege engine fire. Most of them have functional, if battered, roofs, but 7 has a massive hole torn in the thatching, and you can just barely make out something shifting inside.

4 and 5 are the gate defenses, with an old and yellowed giant skeleton hinting at the nature of their demise.

Finally, your raven has a better view of the tower top (11) than anyone else. There appears to be a rotting corpse strung up atop it, with a magical lamp hidden behind the wall casting it in an eerie light. Behind the setup a hobgoblin sits, screaming bloody murder with admirable enthusiasm.

The raven

12. - Top - End - #102

SamuraiGuy

Enn calls back her raven, and returns to Aukan and Maram, and tells them what she saw and heard, as well as what her raven saw.
    Game I am in:

13. - Top - End - #103

Maram had looked up in shock at the ear-rending scream, before turning to face Enn when she arrived. Taking in her reconnaissance, he chuckled, "What should we do now then? These creatures are unaware of us currently...shall we engage these monsters now under cover of darkness or wait until our glory will be illuminated by the rising sun and we might catch them sleeping? Both offer some tactical advantage..." He mused to himself, before grinning, "Ah, I'd much rather have their defeat made more glorious by the rays of light catching our glory..."
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

14. - Top - End - #104
    Ogre in the Playground

On hearing the scream, Aukan goes into high alert and turns to direction of the scream while drawing his massive katana in the same motion. upon laying his eyes on the new lightshow and floating corpse, Aukan begins wracking his mind for some kind of explanation of what he's seeing. Upon seeing Enn, he turns to face her and listens to her explanation. The goliath then listens to Maram speak as he considers the group's potential options while rubbing his chin. "I believe that the morning sun may offer our best advantage. The goblins are likely less diligent, as such a sudden wake up call may cause them to scramble around in a half asleep panic and prevent them from mounting a real resistance quickly. That would leave the hobgoblins as sole force and it seems there are definitely far less of them around."

15. - Top - End - #105

SamuraiGuy

Enn nods, scanning the shadows halfheartedly, and adds, "The logic for a Dawn strike is good, but the one problem is that I can't hide as well in daylight. However, I think we should do it. although, we should try to strike with a plan, maybe, we have Maram move through the gate, to draw fire, with Aukan behind, to acidball any attempt to surround him, while I will stay back and see if there are any leaders to kill."
    Last edited by JMS; 2018-09-04 at 06:15 AM.
    Game I am in:

16. - Top - End - #106

BlueKnightGuy

You proceed through the empty gates and find a barren courtyard. The keep is still well and truly wrecked, with no sign of repairs or inhabitants, but what might lurk inside the buildings of broken brick and shattered stone is unknown.

17. - Top - End - #107

Drawing his weapon and shield, Maram strains his eyes around the courtyard while his eyes glow brightly. "See Invisibility. Lass? You were the one here," He whispers, "Where should I check first?"

Spoiler: Actions
    Show

Standard Action: Cast See Invisibility
    Reactive Spot Check: (1d20+9)[11]
    Swift Action: Adopt Leading The Charge Stance.
    Last edited by ScrambledBrains; 2018-09-07 at 08:33 PM.
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #108

SamuraiGuy

Enn nods, reading her bow "Back wall, to the left"
    Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Sha scouts the shed
    Last edited by JMS; 2018-09-09 at 06:26 AM.
    Game I am in:

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ogre in the Playground

Aukan follows the others from behind, his katana in hand before an idea hitting him. "Ah, I almost forgot something. Floating disk." he whispers, conjuring a floating disk. "We can ride on floating disks to move around without a sound from our footsteps." Aukan whispers again.

Show

Standard: Floating disk.
    Perception: (1d20+4)[6]
    If either Enn or Maram boards a disk assume Aukan mentally tells the disks to follow their directions.

20. - Top - End - #110

SamuraiGuy

We have trouble in the old barracks, left front side, I can silence any fight Enn whispers.
    Last edited by JMS; 2018-09-12 at 03:39 PM.
    Game I am in:

21. - Top - End - #111
    Ogre in the Playground

"It may be wise of us to take care of what threats we can now before we're detected and they come unexpected." he responds in whispers. "I'm for the idea."

22. - Top - End - #112

"Oh, this will be fun..." Maram whispers with a grin, "I'll take point..." Leaping onto Aukan's disc, he looks toward the section Enn pointed out, "Hmm...forw-whoa!" He gasps as the disc begins to float in that direction, "Very nice...alright, let's see what type of wee creatures are left..."

Show

Move Action: Move Disc toward Section 7
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show

23. - Top - End - #113

SamuraiGuy

Enn Nods, looking around for a small, oddly colored rock, picks it up, and murmurs "Silence" suddenly ending all sound. she then steps on a disk

Spoiler: OCC
    Show
    Standered to cast silence on a stone
    Game I am in:

24. - Top - End - #114

BlueKnightGuy

Maram flies over through the holes blasted through the ruined gatehouse by battles of times long past and arrives at the closest door to the old barracks.

25. - Top - End - #115
    Ogre in the Playground

Aukan moves to a position within the silence field where he can keep sight on Maram.
    Last edited by QuadraticGish; 2018-09-14 at 08:47 PM.

26. - Top - End - #116

SamuraiGuy

Enn floats to a bit behind Maram, and mimes tossing the stone.
    Game I am in:

27. - Top - End - #117

BlueKnightGuy

When the door is opened you see its occupant, a large winged lion with a disturbingly human head and a spike tipped tail, lounging on a nest of ragged cloth.

Show
    You have a surprise round, so you can all act before the Manticore gets a chance.
    Manticore Initiative (1d20+4)[13]

28. - Top - End - #118

SamuraiGuy

Enn throws the stone, just hopping to get it in a few feet of the beast while searching her memory for what it is, and sends in 2 arrows.
    Show
    Knowledge check, Full attack, rapid shot
    Know. Arcana (If know nature is beter, -7) (1d20+19)[31]
    First shot (1d20+7)[13]
    Shot 2 (1d20+7)[15]
    1 damage (1d8+4)[5]+sneak attack(3d6)[9]
    2 damage (1d8+4)[12]+sneak attack(3d6)[10]
    Game I am in:

29. - Top - End - #119

BlueKnightGuy

Enn lands several hits, but they glance off the creature's deceptively tough hide without penetrating.

Spoiler: Knowledge Check Results
    Show

You recognize most of the creature's defining characteristics as those of a manticore, a fearsome aerial predator, but a few details stand out as different. You can see hints of green scales glinting from beneath its patchy fur, and the wing joints have clawed tips that normal manticores don't have.

Manticores are capable of breeding with a surprising variety of creatures, but even they don't usually reproduce with reptiles.

30. - Top - End - #120

"Well, you're no hydra, ya monstrous lummox!...But you'll do for now," Maram taunts the creature, closing the gap between them as his eyes gleamed with glee. "Come on, then! Sink your teeth into me and let me shatter your jawbone upon my mighty armor! My axe will rend your skull in half, foul beast!"

Saying such, Maram raises his axe high in one hand before bringing down upon the creature with all the force he can muster!

"SMITE EVIL!!"

Show

Five-Foot Step to be in melee range.
    Using Smite and Power Attack at -5/+5
    Attack Roll: (1d20+9)[25]
    Damage Roll: (1d10+11)[14]
    Smite Damage: (5d6)[22]
    Crit Confirmation, if necessary:(1d20+9)[29]
    Quotes and Homebrew
    Spoiler
    Show

My Homebrew
    Former Avatars:
    Spoiler
    Show