New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Default Re: Convoy VI: Run Bandit, Run

Let's go with GrayDeath
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

2. - Top - End - #182
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    I`m sorry, somehow overlooked that.....:(
    It's okay. It wasn't a command, just a request.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

3. - Top - End - #183
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

Graydeath yeah let's kill him

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

@ Lex-kat

You mentioned in the roles section that one of the normal truckers is actually the snowman. May I ask what precisely the snowman can do that is different than normal? You wouldn’t specifically point out that one of the average truckers was the snowman if it didn’t actually matter, right?
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

5. - Top - End - #185
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kgato503 View Post
    With this game, one vote can start a rock slide. At the time, they had not responded since the restart, and it seemed like a good idea to see what they might do. I never said it was a lot of pressure.
    Thanks. I didn't mean to sound like I was criticizing you just looking for stuff to discuss. The more people talk about stuff the harder it can be for the wolves. ^.^

Quote Originally Posted by Extrail View Post
    Woah, bloodthirsty.

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    @ Lex-kat

You mentioned in the roles section that one of the normal truckers is actually the snowman. May I ask what precisely the snowman can do that is different than normal? You wouldn’t specifically point out that one of the average truckers was the snowman if it didn’t actually matter, right?
    Not Lex but it's possible it's flavour, not sure if it counts as mattering or not.

Also, it's possible the villagers might know more about it as well as they're under the same role.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

6. - Top - End - #186
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Woah, bloodthirsty.
    Too bloodthirsty, Extrail.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    @ Lex-kat

Again, not Lex-kat, but here is my two bits.

I was under the impression that killing the Snowman meant an auto-win for the Bears. Which would probably mean that we should be careful with the lynchings beatings. It would be bad if we accidentally beat up Snowman by mistake.
    Last edited by kgato503; 2018-04-22 at 07:40 PM. Reason: Stupid Auto-Correct

8. - Top - End - #188
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Again, not Lex-kat, but here is my two bits.

I was under the impression that killing the Snowman meant an auto-win for the Bears. Which would probably mean that we should be careful with the lynchings beatings. It would be bad if we accidentally beat up Snowman by mistake.
    That would be a pretty crazy rule, especially since it's not stated anywhere. I'd treat lynches normally.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Snowman is just flavoring. Whoever the Snowman is, they are important only in that they will be hauling the cargo. If they die, the game isn't over, but the story will change. Of course, I could be misleading you all, and there is something special I have in mind for the Snowman. Or I could be lying about that as well.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Colossus in the Playground

You could be lying that you could be lying? Pretty sure that's a paradox.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Halfling in the Playground

This seems too eager.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

With this game, one vote can start a rock slide. At the time, they had not responded since the restart, and it seemed like a good idea to see what they might do. I never said it was a lot of pressure.
    I'm sorry, but. Just want to clarify, you're suggesting that one vote could cause some reaction by other forces in the game, whether myself or not, and thus cause good results?

I think your reasoning is fine and don't mind the pressure whatsoever, just want to make sure I understand you and can take that into the context of this game in general.
    Spoiler: Quote(s)
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Temotei View Post
    You're my favorite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    I'll kill them! I'll kill all of them!
    Quote Originally Posted by FinnLassie View Post
    We're crashing Wombat's wedding! WITH AN ARMY OF WOMBATS AND BUDGIES.

"So whosoever is a hedgehog let him see to it that his wife is a hedgehog also, and so forth."

13. - Top - End - #193
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    That would be a pretty crazy rule, especially since it's not stated anywhere. I'd treat lynches normally.
    Welp, shows what I know .

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    This seems too eager.
    A few people have made that observation. Extail, any explanation for the Day One bloodlust?

14. - Top - End - #194
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

A few people have made that observation. Extail, any explanation for the Day One bloodlust?
    BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKU...I mean...uhhh...yes, I am a normal villager typing on my villager computer and driving my villager truck with my villager hands.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Switching to Extrail. We're truckers, not murderers, we were just gonna beat people up so they couldn't mess with us.

Currently Recruiting WW/Mafia: Logic's Deathloop Mafia and Book Wombat's A Small Wager - A Practical Guide To Evil

Quote Originally Posted by Xumtiil View Post
    An Abattoir Vecna, if you will.
    My Homebrew

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

I don't feel great about the votes of the people who agreed with me on Graydeath but I see Extrail's vote as more "newbie" than "bearwolf."
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    Seems meta.
    Sometimes, meta is the goal.

I stick by my Extrail vote from earlier, but I am inclined to agree with Xihirli: it looks more newbish than opportunist. I am willing to switch off if Extrail shows up to defend themselves.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    GrayDeath listen to Lex.
    If you mean this that's not why I voted for him. I voted because avatar had three quick votes on them and graydeath happened to be the third voter on it. He also happened to already have two votes on him so I tied it up at the time.
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

I meant the bloodthirsty bit.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

20. - Top - End - #200
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I defend myself, i just jumped on a bandwagon with no idea what's happening, and trusting that the likelihood of picking a wolf is highly unlikely regardless of the choice i pick. So i decided to pick the guy who we decided to pick on last runaround.
    Last edited by Extrail; 2018-04-23 at 01:04 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

Too bloodthirsty, Extrail.
    I was just kidding about the bloodthirsty and the meta comments; probably shouldn't have included them.
    It seemed in line with the normal game of WW where the theme is often we're a mob blindly trying to kill murdery mafia or werewolves before they murder all of us. Unrelated to this game but it's significantly less murdery, huh.

I dunno, this vote seems easy and I haven't seen Duck post anything else yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I don't feel great about the votes of the people who agreed with me on Graydeath but I see Extrail's vote as more "newbie" than "bearwolf."
    I agree with this.
    In addition, I don't think lynching Graydeath for not noticing or forgetting about a request from the narrator is better than a random lynching. That being said, Deathslayer7 has a good point about the AV wagon.

For the moment because the two wagons are close by my count (4 each, right?) I'll keep my vote as is but should be around to switch if needs be.

I defend myself, i just jumped on a bandwagon with no idea what's happening, and trusting that the likelihood of picking a wolf is highly unlikely regardless of the choice i pick. So i decided to pick the guy who we decided to pick on last runaround.
    It was essentially a different game though. And that wagon picked up steam after at least one claim and was pretty unstoppable after and because of the seer claim. We have none of that going on this game for now, but I've definitely seen successful D1 wolf lynches and not just through RNG.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

I wholeheartedly agree and don’t expect to keep my vote on Graydeath all day.
    Show

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

Day 1 Over. Narration to come.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Quote Originally Posted by Cuthalion View Post
    I'm sorry, but. Just want to clarify, you're suggesting that one vote could cause some reaction by other forces in the game, whether myself or not, and thus cause good results?

I think your reasoning is fine and don't mind the pressure whatsoever, just want to make sure I understand you and can take that into the context of this game in general.
    I think "good" is a bit subjective. Any bandwagon starts with a single vote, or even just a comment, and then somehow gains momentum. A lot depends on context, and how things are worded. Take the number of votes on Extrail since he cast his vote. The wording of Extrail's vote was called out soon after by RainDragon (but no vote was cast for Extrail by RainDragon), and then followed by Duck999 agreeing and voting for Extrail, and now several people have agreed and voted for Extrail.

In my case, I was calling out an inactive player to show up, and was looking for their reaction. Others may have chosen, at that time, to jump onboard to target an inactive player (which I have seen happen). That would be the rock slide I was referring to. If you responded, we would have more data to work with. If a bandwagon to beat you into a pulp got rolling (and won) then you would be removed from play, and we would know what your roll was (and thus, more data, and maybe getting rid of a bear). Data is good. Getting rid of bears is good. Accidentally beating fellow truckers to a pulp, not so good.

Does that clear things up?

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

Day 1

The pristine black truck, with 13 beautifully painted white stars on both sides of the rig, followed by a tanker trailer also a high-gloss black, with a river of milk running along the bottom of it, making most passersby suddenly thirsty for the liquid goodness inside. The driver, Grayson Dath, better known on the citizen band as "Milkyway", makes one last stop before his delivery. Driving downtown, he pulls the tractor-trailer into the parking lot of a Best Western, then does his normal routine; checking the tires, making sure the air-brakes are on, assuring that all doors and latches are shut tight and locked.

He then makes his way two blocks back the way he came, to an office building and goes inside. After waiting a half hour or so, the doctor calls him in. Grayson takes off his hat, before laying back on the couch. "Doc, I don't know why, but I recently have been feeling as if every is out to get me." He starts, and for the next 45 minutes, he talks about this and other subjects that have been on his mind for the past month.

Afterwards, he heads back to his truck, only to find it surrounded by a squad of police cars. Sighing, he pulls out his cell phone. "Uh, Jim. I can't tell you why yet, but I have a feeling I'm not going to be able to make the delivery. Yeah, I know. I'm at..." and he gives his boss the details of where the truck is parked, so someone else can finish the haul.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Grayson "Milkyway" Dath (AKA GrayDeath) is about to be taken to jail, for reasons he's not sure about. He's just a simple Trucker.

Night 1 Begins
    (And will end in 24 hours)

Missed 1 Day

Missed 2 Days

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn"
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces Of all uses.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Oh. Well forget about my vote possibly changing then.
    Show

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Loved that little scene, Lex!

Also, you see, harmless little Trucker here. Ah well, another early "Death"...one might even think my nickname is bad for WW Style Games ^^
    Last edited by GrayDeath; 2018-04-24 at 01:09 PM.
    A neutron walks into a bar and says, “How much for a beer?” The bartender says, “For you? No charge.”

01010100011011110010000001100010011001010010000001 10111101110010001000000110111001101111011101000010 00000111010001101111001000000110001001100101001011 100010111000101110

Later: An atom walks into a bar an asks the bartender “Have you seen an electron? I left it in here last night.” The bartender says, “Are you sure?” The atom says, “I’m positive.”

28. - Top - End - #208

Quote Originally Posted by GrayDeath View Post
    ...one might even think my nickname is bad for WW Style Games ^^
    It’s in a gray area.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2018-04-24 at 07:07 PM.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Bugbear in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    It’s in a gray area.
    I say we lynch ya, just for that pun

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

30. - Top - End - #210

Quote Originally Posted by rakkoon View Post
    I say we lynch ya, just for that pun
    Worth. whitetext

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.