1. - Top - End - #241
    Colossus in the Playground

Default Re: Convoy VI: Run Bandit, Run

Well, well. That right, Aventine?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    @Murska: had I changed my vote it wouldn’t have changed anything. Since I’m on mobile, I have to type out the [color] stuff to vote, which takes time. I didn’t want to waste time doing that when it wouldn’t have mattered anyways.

- - - Updated - - -

Screw it, gonna die if I don’t claim anyways. I’m the seer/fool and I scried Aventine as Deputy Cletus Hogg.
    OK BoP, I'll play follow the seer; Aventine for pressure. Got something to say in your defense?
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by bosssmiley View Post
    You altruistic weirdo you!
    Discord: Spacecamp-Logic-Yako
    Former Avatar by Ceika, which I have long since lost a copy of.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Titan in the Playground

I am very sorry for my minor activity. I've been going through finals week and I'll hopefully be more active this weekend (learning Hebrew isn't as easy as it sounds).

We do seem to have a seer-test going on and I genuinely have little to add to that other than Aventine.
    Spoiler: Check Out my Writing!
    Show

https://www.patreon.com/everskendra

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

4. - Top - End - #244
    Bugbear in the Playground

@Kish & Logic: thanks for the clarification

@Logic: relax, it was just a vibe because you had time to switch and you didn't. I thought you would. You could have had the same reason as me.

Obvious Aventine vote

Spoiler
    Show

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    "Leave my Rakkoon alone!"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kneenibble View Post
    What shall I say to thee, rakkoon, thou cruel,
    Ingrateful, savage and inhuman creature,
    That knewst the very bottom of my soul,
    That almost mightst have coined me into gold
    Wouldst thou have practiced on me for thy use?
    Supa Songs about me

Thanks to Elder Tsofu for the banner and Rowsen for the avvie!

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGirl

Quote Originally Posted by Logic View Post
    Who bothers you by having a chance to switch? I'm going to assume for a moment you mean Xihirli until you clarify, but in Extrail's case, no matter his alignment, voting for Graydeath was the right move. I'll have to give a stronger look at Duck, but you may be on to something with Xihirli. As far as I'm concerned, Extrail is in the same spot he was when he made the bloodthirsty post.

Something I forgot to bring up earlier: Rakkoon, why exactly are you voting for me? Please point something out. I'd love to hear it, and I'm sure town needs to hear it as well.
    I was referring to Xihirli and not Duck and Extrail. I should have used she not they as the pronoun there.

Aventine
    Not wearing your seat belt? See you soon!
    Thanks to Kwarkpudding for this excellent avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Tialait View Post
    This is perhaps the most amazing idea I have heard in eons. Thank you kind slayer of Death.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Titan in the Playground

Well Aventine it is then.

7. - Top - End - #247
    Troll in the Playground

Fair enough. Aventine.
    Quotes:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by lamech View Post
    Trusting Murska worked out great!
    Quote Originally Posted by happyturtle View Post
    A Murska without lies is like a day without sunshine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    I say we completely leave our fate in the hands of the trustworthy Murska and continue in complete safety.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

On my phone. You're an unlucky fool or a lucky devil. I don't have a wolf scry to test, sadly. I'll be more active and attentive in a few hours...

9. - Top - End - #249
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by BasketOfPuppies View Post
    Hey Requiliac I appreciate you standing up for me, however you got my pronouns wrong. It’s they/them, not he/his.

Also, I don’t like how silent half of the player list is being. Refusing to talk only helps wolves.

Aventine, got anything to say?
    My apologies, I will seek to be more accurate in the future when it comes to the use of pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by Murska View Post
    I believe you're misreading the point.

A villager has no other way to influence the game aside from the lynch vote and the discussion around it. Therefore, one would assume a villager to care greatly about who gets lynched, and pay attention to the discussion. I do realize many people don't do this, unfortunately. However, in BoP's case, there was an early vote followed by a late comment. The comment means they did pay attention, but not changing their vote means they did not particularly care to steer the lynch. With the lynch already pointed at an innocent, that fits a wolf profile - they'd want to keep an eye on the situation but they'd not put skin in the game if things were already looking good. A townie who doesn't like the lynch wagon should be arguing against it and pushing another wagon, a townie who likes the lynch wagon should be jumping aboard with jubilant cheer. Only wolves don't care.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kish View Post

Requilac, what I think you're missing here is: It's almost always better for town to kill someone than no one, because the wolves can just sit tight and win (by reliably killing someone who's town almost every night) if town doesn't kill people. In the absence of active suspicion, feeling neutral toward someone is a reason to vote for them.

Ah yes forgive me for my lack of knowledge, I am not exactly the most experienced nor the most wise when it comes to matters such as this. But that still leaves one question unanswered Murksa; I neither jumped on the bandwagon nor argued against it, so why didn't you say anything about being suspicious of me if I had committed to the same folly which BoP did?

_____

That being said, I find the most prudent action now to ride along with the bandwagon. Aventine, do you have anything to say to defend yourself?
    Last edited by Requilac; 2018-04-27 at 05:28 PM.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

10. - Top - End - #250
    Barbarian in the Playground

EvilClericGuy

I guess I'll follow the bandwagon aventine

11. - Top - End - #251
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Uuuh, to be clear, that was a counter-claim. (Trucker scry on xihirli)

12. - Top - End - #252
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Ah, screw it, there isn't enough time left in the day. Devil PM me if you see this before end-of-day and I'll set you up with a QT

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Just posting quickly in case I don't come back to this game since is there like, 3-4hrs left at most?

There are lots of votes testing the seer claim on Aventine.

I admittedly am unsure what's best to do about the two seer claims especially in a game where there's a baner?
    Since there's not much time and Aventine has tons of votes, in case it's right to switch off there's a vote still on Rakkoon, Xihirli and Deathslayer7.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Aventine View Post
    Ah, screw it, there isn't enough time left in the day. Devil PM me if you see this before end-of-day and I'll set you up with a QT
    What? Aventine?
    Last edited by Rain Dragon; 2018-04-27 at 08:28 PM.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

14. - Top - End - #254
    Orc in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Quote Originally Posted by Rain Dragon View Post
    What? Aventine?
    *shrug* two hours to end-of-day. Not really enough time to CFD. I mean I got two more votes after my claim. With a disconnected devil best/only play left is to accept that I'm dead and connect the devil.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

*shrug* two hours to end-of-day. Not really enough time to CFD. I mean I got two more votes after my claim. With a disconnected devil best/only play left is to accept that I'm dead and connect the devil.
    Oh, ha. That makes sense. I didn't realise.
    And now I'm feeling quite silly.
    I go by they/them/their or he/him/his pronouns

16. - Top - End - #256
    Ogre in the Playground

Sorry I've been out all day.
    Aventine, I suppose.
    Avatar made by Bradakhan| Other avatars.
    Spoiler: Quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by TFT on quicktopic
    Oh no, Duck999 is a mason.

How can I possibly suspect you of being a wolf now? :(

:P
    Quote Originally Posted by Legato Endless View Post
    Duck: Mason. A really shifty mason, but a confirmed role nonetheless.

Slii: Slii is town. He looks better than Duck even with that mason claim.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Troll in the Playground

Day is over. Dame un momento para escribir una narración. (Written via Google Translate. Forgive me for not speaking Spanish.)

- - - Updated - - -

Day 2

The trucker known as Big Bird had pulled his rig into a rest area. It had been a long haul, and he needed to feed his avian friends. Using a special key, he climbed into the golden gilded cage, and shut the door behind him. He then proceeded to the feed container, and began his regular feeding routine.

Unfortunately for him, he hadn't noticed the white 1977 Plymouth Fury, with pretty blue and red flashers on top. Inside, Deputy Cletus Hogg was busy with his second lunch of the day. He was just about to take his second bite of his teriyaki chicken sub, when he noticed a phoenix emblem blazing across the hood of the rig right behind him. Almost dropping the sandwich into his lap, Cletus scurried to get out of his vehicle.

Weapon drawn, Cletus quietly made his way to cab and started to peek inside, but her heard the trucker calling out to his birds, and so as quiet as he could, made his way to the back of the trailer. Shakily, he climbed onto the back, and into the cage. "Stick you hands in the air!" he called out with authority.

Big Bird, not wanting any trouble instantly raised his arms up, and slowly turned to face the office. "Wh-what seems to be the prob... Shut the cage!!" he says urgently, pointing with one raised hand toward the door.

Oddly enough, the birds seemed to take notice of this movement, and all at once converged toward the entrance. Cletus, not being the best of cops on his best of days, dropped his gun, which thankfully didn't discharge, and fell to the floor, instead of trying to shut the cage.

For the next four hours, Cletus and Big Bird rounded up as many of the avian-lovers birds as they could. Some were never found.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    Aventine was Deputy Cletus Hogg, of the Hazzard County, Georgia Sheriff's office.

Night 2 Begins
    (And will end in 24 hours)

Missed 1 Day
    Cuthalion

Missed 2 Days

Auto-Lynch Replacement(s)
    GrayDeath

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds Day 2 Deputy Cletus Hogg
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn"
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces Of all uses.

Lexington III, my Brute. Inner Circle. ! Melody

18. - Top - End - #258
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

BoP turned out to be correct, which means he either was the seer or had to be really lucky. Bandit, why don’t you offer some protection for him? The bears are without a doubt going to try to night kill BoP.
    -
    I have designed a Gothic Horror TTRPG built for actual play performances. If you want to play some sessions using it or talk theory, read more about it here!

My D&D 5e Homebrew Content

The Necronomicon. An >30 Page Cthulhu Mythos Supplement

Faerie Vampyre Monsters. Won 1st place in the GitP Monster Design Contest: Shapeshifters.

Check here for my extended homebrew signature!

19. - Top - End - #259
    Halfling in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Requilac View Post
    BoP turned out to be correct, which means he either was the seer or had to be really lucky. Bandit, why don’t you offer some protection for him? The bears are without a doubt going to try to night kill BoP.
    But they know the Bandit would go after me, so clearly they’ll target someone else. But the Bandit would know that, so they’d target someone else too. The bears, however, should expect this, so they’ll target me. So clearly they can’t choose the wine in front of you...

TL;DR the correct move is either to bane me or to not bane me.

Extended Sig

Quote Originally Posted by Duck999 View Post
    Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

20. - Top - End - #260
    Troll in the Playground

Rules clarifications:

Are PMs allowed? Yes.

A re-read of the roles has led me to believe that the Fool scry is ALWAYS wrong. So even with random results, they cannot get lucky and come up with the correct role. Is this thought process correct? I decided for this game, the Fool is 100% inaccurate. There is a better chance of snowfall in Death Valley than Lisette being right.

Back in WW Central, it says that the Seer only sees sides, not specific roles (as opposed to the Devil, which sees down to specific role). In the role descriptions, the text indicates Seer only knows Buford T. Justice and his son, Junior. So, the question is, is the Seer scrying more accurate than listed in Central, and, if it is, just how accurate is it? Roles descriptions in a game always trumps WW Central.

Does it reveal a Bear (or Trucker's) specific role (even down to special role name)? Is it only specific with Buford T. Justice and Junior, and reads the rest as Bear? The Scries for both the Undercover Trucker and Frog are accurate to the role name of each player they scry. Sorry, I should have been more specific in the description.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Lex-Kat View Post
    There is a better chance of snowfall in Death Valley than Lisette being right.
    Uh....
    Spoiler
    Show

Well your statement isn't technically inaccurate I suppose?
    Last edited by Ramsus; 2018-04-28 at 08:04 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Colossus in the Playground

Exactly how wrong is Lisette? Does she consistently read Bears as Truckers and Truckers as Bears, or might she, e.g., see the Sheriff as a Deputy or the Bandit as a regular Trucker?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Troll in the Playground

Lisette's consistencies

Any Bear will not read as any other Bear, but can read as any other role.
    Any Mason will not read as another Mason, but can read as any other role.
    Any Trucker will not read as another Trucker/Snowman, but can read as any other role.
    Bandit will not read as Bandit, but can read as any other role.
    Frog will not read as Frog/Lisette, but can read as any other role.

- - - Updated - - -

Night 2

A dark blue bear is following behind a black trans-am, checking on his plates. A second Trans-Am speeds past, slows down quickly. The driver tips his hat, then takes off. Calling in, the squadie starts to pull into the other lane to give pursuit, to only nearly crash into a semi going past.

Over-reacting to almost getting himself killed, the bear drives off the road and onto the steep embankment.

Spoiler: Results
    Show
    A smokey thinks he has the The Bandit, only to lose both him, and his original target.

Day 3 Begins
    (And will end in 48 hours)

Missed 1 Day
    Cuthalion

Missed 2 Days

Auto-Lynch Replacement(s)
    GrayDeath

Spoiler: Player List
    Show

# Players Handle Cargo eliminated Role
    07 GrayDeath Milkyway 25,000 Liters of Milk Day 1 Trucker
    10 Aventine Big Bird Extensive Variety of Birds Day 2 Deputy Cletus Hogg
    ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~
    01 Ramsus Wayward Son Load of 1967 Chevy Impalas
    02 kgato503 Big Cat Asserted Pet Toys
    03 Requilac The Rabid Goat Goats, Rabies Vaccines, and/or the Crown Jewels of England
    04 BasketOfPuppies Suicide Dog Gasoline
    05 Cuthalion Reputation "Time itself, because why not?"
    06 AvatarVecna Primal Dan Halloween Masks
    08 Xihirli MalevolentKindness Pixie-Baked Cakes
    09 DeathSlayer7 The Mystery Machine The Gang, plus Sam and Dean
    11 Kish Airship Smoke
    12 Rakkoon Big Rak "Corn baby... just corn"
    13 Logic SpaceCamp Little Plastic Spaceship Toys
    14 Duck999 Ernie Rubber Ducks
    15 Murska Optics Fully functional MH-6 Little Bird scout helicopter
    16 Rain Dragon Rain Dragon Assorted Parcels of Random Stuff.
    17 Extrail The Dragon Master Roleplaying games, paraphernalia, and dragon related pieces Of all uses.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Titan in the Playground

I'm going to be putting some reads on a lot of the confirmed wolf's posts.

Counterclaim Posts:
    Trying to survive.

Uuuh, to be clear, that was a counter-claim. (Trucker scry on xihirli)
    Okay so reading that it's hard to tell if this is to get me lynched instead of him to test his scry result or if it's to get you all to vote for a Trucker if he dies. OR if I'm a bear and Aventine is trying to make you think he's trying to link the two of us. It's tough.

By my count Xihirli did save Extrail, though I would expect a wolf to be less obvious about things if they're wolf buddies.
    Oh this looks like soft distancing, made worse by me piling onto the same bandwagon as Aventine. This is not looking good for me wow.

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD, SKULLS FOR THE SKU...I mean...uhhh...yes, I am a normal villager typing on my villager computer and driving my villager truck with my villager hands.
    No read here I just like this one.

Well jeez, if even you're gonna do it, you logically can't complain about my bad pun.
    This D1 vote doesn't read as distancing to me. It's just a joke everyone gets to use once ninety times. Town lean on Logic.

Rain Dragon voted D1 for Aventine. Just noting that I don't have a lean.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathslayer7 View Post
    Sure. People I'm most suspicious of right now in order.

Xihirli
    Ramsus
    Rakoon/Aventine
    BasketofPuppies
    So we've got a Seer and a Bear on here. Aventine putting a vote on Deathslayer and Death putting Avie on the suspicion list could be distancing. Aventine also shared a spot with Rakkoon and that was weird. I want to buddy up with Ramsus or Basket if we were doing that. It is odd that the only known bear on there is listed differently than the others.

So I'm a bit suspicious of Deathslayer7. I think the only one who looks guiltier than Death is me right now.
    Show

I post short stories in the middle of every month, and if you want to follow my novels as they’re edited and written, you can join as a patron!

25. - Top - End - #265

Rakkoon is Junior Justice.

Extended Sig

Christmas starts when Halloween ends, Halloween starts after New Year. The only part of the year that isn't a holiday is between Christmas and December 31st.

26. - Top - End - #266
    Titan in the Playground

BoP, couldn't you have waited longer than one other person voting so we could have gotten information out of the day?
    Rakkoon.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Titan in the Playground

Okay so unless BoP was vortexed that means that both bears shared a spot on Deathslayer's suspect list that's kinda weird.
    Show

28. - Top - End - #268

Quote Originally Posted by Ramsus View Post
    BoP, couldn't you have waited longer than one other person voting so we could have gotten information out of the day?
    Rakkoon.
    Sorry, haven’t been a Seer in a looooooong time.
    Last edited by BasketOfPuppies; 2018-04-30 at 02:07 AM.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Dwarf in the Playground

BlackDragon

Rakkoon. At this point, I am reasonably confident that BoP is our Seer.

Quote Originally Posted by Xihirli View Post
    Okay so unless BoP was vortexed that means that both bears shared a spot on Deathslayer's suspect list that's kinda weird.
    How is it weird? All that means is that they both bliped at about the same level of suspicious (which, considering they are both Bears, makes a lot of sense in hindsight).

Also, what do you mean by vortexed?

30. - Top - End - #270

A vortexer is a power role (usually wolf or neutral) that targets someone every night. The targeted player’s night action instead targets a random player, but they’re told that it targeted who they intended. So if I was vortexed last night I would’ve targeted the actual Junior Justice and would’ve been told that Rakoon was Junior Justice. Does that make sense?

Extended Sig