New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Celestia's Finest Power Ponies: When Worlds Collide

Brilliant intense light swallows you whole and obliterates the rest of the world. There is no up, there is no down, nothing else exists but the brilliant white light.

Then the overhead surgical light cuts out.

Reality comes snapping back as the surgical light is pulled away. As your sight clears, your peripheral surroundings come into the focus. You're lying on a table-- a surgical table from the feel of it. There's a bevy of medical equipment alongside enough power tools and machinery to teach a small shop class. A fairly impressive computer rests against the far wall. The entire place is decorated in a rather homey blue/purple color scheme. And you're fairly sure there are a few figures lurking around on the edges of your vision.

Before you can focus on any of the outside figures, a pony pops up in the center of your vision. Scratch that. He's not a pony. He's an oversized lizard. Twin beady eyes examine you from under crested eye ridges. Green scales adorn his body. His teeth are sharp and rest within a hooked snout.

The lizard stares at you for a long moment. Then a clawed forearm lifts up a tongue depressor.

"Say 'AAAAAAH'!" The lizard says with a cheesy grin.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Celestia's Finest Power Ponies: When Worlds Collide

This was unexpected. No, everything that could have happened would have been unexpected. The LoveBot could have been in the middle of a marsh or on a spaceship. Well, the spaceship isn't out of the question yet. What's the worse that could be happening right now?

She opens her mouth to the good doctor. "AAAAAH"

Were there any restraints? Love doesn't fight them, but she rotates her her legs to feel for any material.

She starts to talk with her mouth full. Half formed words come out until the stick is removed from her mouth. "My name is Love. What's yours?" Hopefully, the message was delivered.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"My name Drex." The lizard replied.

He squinted at Love's throat for a good, long moment before withdrawing the oversized popsicle stick. Drex pulled back a bit to return some personal space to Love.

"Good news: No sign of strep throat. Bad news: Drex not know why your ponish sounds like tiny blue fish speaking whale."

A new voice, one clinical and studious came from off to the left: "I imagine that would be because of the tongue depressor."

"Oh, yeah." Drex stepped back and laughed. "Drex forget."

Love isn't restrained in any way, so she can turn her head, sit up or make a break for it at her leisure.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Love's eyes follow the lizard as he moves closer and farther away. Drex has somepony chuckle with him. "Thanks Doc. I like you."

She twists around in an athletic display and hops off the table tail first. A quick turn and she cheerily says, "Hello, every pony."

"A bit of a strange question. A comment first. I'm glad I passed a medical examination. It's always good to be healthy! Next, where am I? I don't remember how I got here." Technically she didn't know how her body got here, not her.

5. - Top - End - #5
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Aside from Drex, there are two other ponies present. One is a sky-blue unicorn wearing a cobalt bodysuit, studded with pink gems, and a mask. The other is an eggshell white pony with darker pink hair, this one is also wearing a bodysuit, albeit one of dark pink/red blended with metallic highlights; she wears goggles and a mask... and appears to be a neocorn.

Drex's head tilts to the side. "Drex raptor, not boat mooring point."

The blue pony pointed a hoof at the other.

"That would be her fault, Love." Blue said.

The goggled pony cleared her throat and provided Love with a radiant smile.

"Technically, it would be Pogo Pommel's fault. I just happened to be nearby when the event occurred. As to where you are, you're at the epicenter of technological advancement, Maretropolis. And, more precisely, the Tower of Justice, home of the Power Ponies!"

Goggles struck a pose that was clearly well-practiced and designed to highlight all the right places.

"Allow me to introduce myself, I am the one whom truth and beauty adorn: The Mysterious Masked Matter-horn! This is that vision of heavenly delight: Radiance!"

Blue waved and provided a serene smile.

"And you've met Drex, of course. He was responsible for getting you back on-line, dear." Matter-horn indicated the dinosaur.

Drex smiled and waved like a loon.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2018-03-13 at 12:16 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground

Love chuckles. "I meant doctor."

Love acts amazed because she is truly amazed. "Wow! The Tower of Justice, home of the Power Ponies, the epicenter of technological advancement! That's unexpectedly wonderful!" She repeats it all.

"It's a pleasure Drex, The Mysterious Masked Matter-horn, and Radiance!" Love smiles and waves back.

"In that case, I should be thanking Pogo Pommel and Radiance for giving me such an opportunity to meet all of you!"

"Thank you, Drex, for waking me up." She waves back to him like a loon too.

"You said that there was some event that happened? My memory seems a little fuzzy on that detail."
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-03-13 at 12:16 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Radiance and Matter-Horn shared a look-- the type that said: "uh oh". Meanwhile, Drex stopped waving and looked serious for a moment.

"Drex not actually doctor. Colleges not understand accelerated tissue growth, due to genetic modification and cloning practices, should create exemption to age requirements."

Matter-Horn interjected: "Please pardon the interruption, we'll talk about how you arrived here momentarily, I promise. I'm afraid this takes precedence. Love, dear, you have no idea who Pogo Pommel is, do you?"

"Do you know who any of us are?" Radiance asked. "Or where Maretropolis is?"

8. - Top - End - #8
    Titan in the Playground

Love rubs her mane and starts a nervous laugh. "Honestly, I have no clue where I am or who any pony is right now, but everything seems super cool and interesting! That's good enough for now! I'll figure everything out eventually."

She answers Drex, "That's an interesting situation. Technically, I'm not a doctor either, though, maybe, I should be counted as a non-medical doctor."

9. - Top - End - #9
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Jumper?" Radiance looked to Matter-horn.

Matter-horn nodded. "Jumper."

"It's like this, Love. Pogo Pommel-- a rather ineffective Z-List Villian-- broke into Horizon Labs and started ransacking the place." Matter-horn explained. "When I intervened, a rather delicate prototype was, shall we say, disrupted."

Radiance picked up the explanation. "The dimensional teleporter locked on to a previous temporal breach and pulled you through to our dimension."

"And since we're not certain which dimension you originally came from..." Matter-horn trailed off slowly.

"Love stuck in place that not Kanses." Drex summarized the situation.

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Love bonks a hoof onto the other. "That makes so much sense! I was wondering how I got outside my lab."

"I'm still trying to establish protocols for dimensional slash time travel. One second!" Love checks to make sure she's not being brain hacked. Checks done. "This seems real", she says unguarded

"Well, I would like to return home to study myself eventually, but I'm not exactly in a rush. I don't have all that much experience being a 'Jumper'." She chuckles. "I hope I wouldn't be imposing too much if I asked for some living arrangements while I'm here. It sounds like this whole event might take a while to sort out."

11. - Top - End - #11
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Matter-horn laughed.

"Of course we'll get you some living arrangements. We aren't so crude as to boot you out onto the street when it's partially our fault that you're in this position. I must say, you're taking this remarkably well."

It was Radiance who picked up the next sentence. "You indicated that you don't have protocols for this. The prototype locked on to a different signature. Were you experimenting with inter-dimensional travel, by any chance? Or were you assisting your creator with such things?"

12. - Top - End - #12
    Titan in the Playground

Love stands up on her back legs and pumps a fist. "Yes! Stay over at the," she has to recall the name, "Tower of Justice! You ponies seem alright. I can only imagine I could have ended up in worse places. An A-list villain's place?"

"All of you seem to be handling this remarkably well", she counters. "My appearance seems like a rather low-key affair, which is good."

Love smiles real big. "I don't have a creator, unless you mean my parents." She laughs. "I'm a normal flesh and blood pony. Or, I am when I'm not controlling a robot. I'm currently entangled with this LoveBotV1.0."

"Nah, I'm not experimenting with inter-dimensional travel, but, maybe, I should get started with that. I have a friend who travels around like that. I also have a friend, Discord, real swell draconequus, that likes to play games. He shapes the world around him and things can go fairly pair shape, quite literally! This is really new and exciting(!), but I'm getting use to the idea of inter-dimensional travel. I've wrapped my head around it more than experienced it though!"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-03-13 at 05:42 PM.

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"For us, this is a normal Tuesday." Radiance smiles. "Something like this happens once a week at a minimum."

"And I'm very familiar with inter-dimensional travel." Matter-horn said. "As is Drex. It was our thing for a short time."

"Drex not in Kansas either." The realtor piped up. "Although Drex disagree that no place like home."

Matter-horn continued: "And you should be very glad that you landed where you did. I shudder to think of what Hacker Troll would have done to you had you appeared in his lair."

Drex abruptly frowned. "What draconequus? Drex not familiar with draconequus."

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

"This is my second time... in my life. Third? Maybe, third. This is going to sound really lame, but I play a lot of Total VR. I'm used to the strange. I'm used to playing in worlds where the laws of physics are dramatically different. Where fantasy is real. This is all very exciting(!) though!"

"Oh, gosh! This Hacker Troll doesn't seem like a very pleasant fellow. Yeah, I'm glad I ended up where I did."

"Uh, a draconequus is whatever it wants to be at any given moment." She takes a deep breath, "The one I know usually has the head of a pony, deer antlers, snake tongue, goat beard, lion arm, eagle arm, lizard leg, goat leg, bat wing, pegasis wing, etc." She takes another breath. "He has a lot going on! They're creatures of chaos and mischief." Love chuckles. "The one I know designs great and/or strange games! A real friendly fellow."

Love smiles. "Is Kansas your home? Is it another word for home here?"

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Drex home not Kansas." Drex explained. "Kansas not mean home either unless you in Oz. This not Oz."

Radiance looked at Matter-horn. She was bewildered.

"It makes sense in an alternate dimension's pop culture, darling. Try not to worry over it." Matter-horn laughed.

"I'll endeavor not to." Radiance replied. She turned back to Love. "This draconequus... sounds interesting. Is there any way he could have followed you here?"

Radiance's tone was pure 'I hope not'.
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2018-07-14 at 02:38 PM.

16. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Love rubs her mane out of nerves, "I've never heard of Oz!" She laughs. "I'll try not to worry about it. I can binge some pop culture later."

Radiance gets a nod. "Aye, he can go wherever he wants! He took me on my third inter-dimensional travel through magic. Though... I don't know where we went. It's hard to say if I really went anywhere! Anyway, he probably would have showed up by now if he was going to show up. Maybe... Uh, chaos and all." She chuckles. "It's best not to worry about it too much because no pony can do anything to stop it." She laughs.

Love starts walking around, looking at things. "Soo, your world is pretty different from mine based off my first impression. I hope I'm not sounding too strange!", she sounds worried. "You ponies seem to have a much better handle on the situation, so I've been putting forth an honest hoof! Do I need to put on a mask too?"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-03-14 at 08:14 PM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Firbolg in the Playground

A sharp knock comes, well, at the wall to the lab. "Hello? Is anyone home?" The wall opens inwards, the delicate machinery and wires inside of it neatly splitting apart into a massive entrance to the room. On the other side is the strangest creature the Power Ponies have ever seen, just as Love described him plus a set of 3D glasses perched upon his snout. He strides in like he owns the place, though has his back turned to Love and doesn't seem to see her. "Oh good! Superheroes. Just the sort of ponies I need."

His elongated form bends down rapidly so his head is right next to Radiance. He puts one avian claw to his mouth and whispers conspiratorially. "Listen closely. This is kind of embarrassing, but I seem to have lost a certain unicorn. Well, one of them at least. If you could help me find her, I would be most grateful."

With a snap of his claw, a purse full of gold bits appears on the floor. The bits all grow legs and begin fleeing to different corners of the room, shouting in high-pitched, squeaky voices.

18. - Top - End - #18
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Completely unfazed, Matter-horn puts a hoof to her snout and contemplates Discord quietly.

Radiance, however, is going bug-eyed at the display. Her gaze darts around the room taking in the split wall, the draconequus and the screaming bits. Then, scientific curiosity takes hold.

"How did you-- what the-- Data! Drex! Drex tell me we're getting data on this!"

No helpful answer comes from Drex. He's busy chasing screaming bits around the room like a schoolboy playing tag at recess.

Matter-horn smiles.

"I'll give your appearance a passing grade, dear. It works in an asymmetrical, crazy-quilt sort of way. Quite charming really. And, I do believe that you'll find your long-lost Love if you'll but turn about."

19. - Top - End - #19

"Data?" Discord says, amused, "Well, if that's all you want." He reaches into his mouth and pulls out a long, old-style data readout. Except instead of a heart-beat like recording printed on the long strip of paper, it forms blocky letters which read, "Discord, Lord of Chaos."

"The answer you're looking for is simple, really," he says, "I do what I want when I want. That's all there is to it." There's a slightly villainous cackle in his voice as he speaks. But only a slight one.

Matterhorn quickly grabs his attention. "Oh! I wasn't aware I was in the presence of a fashionista. Allow me to make myself more presentable."

A second Discord dressed in a coat and tie steps out from behind the first, a rack of draconequus-sized clothes trailing behind him. "For your selection," the second says in Prench tones, "We have a number of fine choices. Take this one, for example." He reaches for one when the first slaps his paw away.

"No, no, no! None of those tired old tricks! This requires something new! Something flashy. Something..." He snaps his fingers and a long red coat and dashing, broad-brimmed hat of matching hues with a massive plume stuck in the side appears on him. He ponders it for a moment. "Hmm...no. Too much 'Carmen Sandiago' and I don't feel like playing 'Where in the World is Discord' right now."

He turns and the costume vanishes. "Love! How good to see you alive and unharmed."

Spoiler
    Show
    If you can't tell, I like writing for Discord.

"Discord?" a soft voice calls from the other side of the wall, "You tea is getting cold. Are you coming..." Saucer and teacup in hoof, Fluttershy stumbles through Discord's door. "Oh my! This isn't my pantry."

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Spoiler
    Show
    Oh, really? I couldn't tell. ;)

Radiance retreated a few steps to examine the tape reel. Her eyes traced the letters and then gave Discord a discerning look.

"He seems like prime villain material to me." She hissed to Matter-horn.

"As long as he doesn't steal any major landmarks during his visit, we'll be alright." Matter-horn whispered back.

"Was that another alien pop culture reference?"

"Yes."

Fluttershy's appearance brought about an end to the conversation. Radiance nearly jumped out of her skin at the yellow pegasus' arrival and then quickly entered another scientific spazz. With a cry of 'Shimmering sapphires!', she tore across the room and began studying the doorway in earnest.

"This is an active portal between dimensions? Astounding! It's so... so... sublime compared to most existing Jump Tech. Wait, wait, wait." Radiance turned to Fluttershy. "Did you say your pantry​?"

21. - Top - End - #21

"Oh I was!" Discord says, cheerfully smiling at Radiance. Placing a paw on his chest and adopting a noble expression, he adds. "But I'm reformed." A halo appears over his head.

At one point, Fluttershy would have quailed from this strange pony coming up and shouting questions at her. But years of experience have given her a bit of backbone. Instead, she merely steps back, a frightened expression on her face. "Yes? I...I think so. I was looking for, um, sugar cubes. I'm sorry, should I leave?"

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Love giggles excessively as Discord throws a good show. Everything he does is a surprise, even the stuff a pony expects him to do because a pony isn't sure he'll actually do it! Still, it almost feels like she gave the 'Power Ponies' a ten second spoiler. Another giggle. She is sure Discord can forgive her.

"Alive and unharmed!", she responses. "Thanks for the entrance! It really opened up the room!"

Love waves and calls to Fluttershy, "Hey, Fluttershy." She trots over to the 'door' with a smile. "It's been a while. It's good to see you again!"

"No, no, don't leave! You should stay! I'm sure we can get you some sugar cubes no problem. I'm sorry to have interrupted your tea party. I would have invited you if I knew you were coming."

23. - Top - End - #23
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"Goodness, no!" Radiance exclaimed. "The issue isn't you or your pantry. The issue is that this-- Discord, was it?-- this Discord created a perfectly functional inter-dimensional portal in your pantry! There's no machinery or sketchy locations. It's amazing! The practical applications here are--"

"Radiance." Matter-horn interrupted her companion. "You're doing it again."

"Oh? Oh! Right, right, right. I'm sorry."

Radiance paused to take a deep breath. Then, she continued with slower speed more controlled annunciation.

"I'm sorry about that. I get excited at new scientific discoveries. An entirely new species-- one of such immense power no less!-- is, well," Radiance turned to Discord. "I find you fascinating."

Matter-horn alighted and flew over to join the others. She landed next to Love.

"And since you've all graced us with your presence, would you care to stay for tea? I gather that you like it based on your overall comments. Afterward, Love can head home with you. This does solve that particular problem nicely."
    Last edited by D.KnightSpider; 2018-03-15 at 01:54 PM.

24. - Top - End - #24

Fluttershy blinks and looks Love over a moment before recognizing her. "Oh! Hello, Lt. Charge. How are you doing today?" she says with a smile. "And I have some sugar-cubes in my pantry. But it looks like the door leads here right now, so I would like some others."

Discord barely restrains himself from falling on the floor laughing. "Practical applications?" he says with a grin so wide it does, in fact, split his face in half, "What practical applications? Oh, but do go on. Tell me how amazing I am some more." He pauses. "I do warn you, everything I make, while amazing and, in the words of a certain blue pegasus, 'awesome'." He cackles. "It's not exactly...stable."

The door closes with a snap, leaving a perfectly normal wall in its place. "Case and point," he says with a sigh.

Fluttershy squeaks and jumps away from the door. "Tea sounds lovely! Let's have tea."

25. - Top - End - #25
    Titan in the Playground

Love rubs her mane and gives a nervous laugh. "Please, call me Love. Everypony, my friends especially, call me Love. I'm doing very well! My body got sucked away to another dimension, and these fine ponies established enough of a connection for me to re-connect! It's been a very exciting morning! You seem to have gotten some excitement in your tea. How are you doing today?" The laughter gives way and Love is simply smiling. "I'll do my best to get you some sugar cubes! Your mane looks very lovely today, by the way."

Love obviously fakes emotional turmoil when the door snaps closed, "Oh, no. My only way home has disappeared. I guess I'll just have to stay on this exciting new world, full of mystery and adventure for a while longer. I was so ready to leave and forgo all exploring that has my heart pounding!" Love gives a big old smile. "Let's have tea! Tea does really, truly sound lovely!"
    Last edited by Elbeyon; 2018-03-15 at 02:34 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Radiance's attention went right back to the wall.

"Localized, temporary reality manipulation. The impact--"

Matter-horn silenced the impending lecture with a sharp look.

"Radiance, dear, you know how much I hate being the voice of reason."

"Right, right. Let's get some tea and sort out the differences between our two dimensions. I'll let Humdrum know we have company. You can meet us there." Radiance said. She promptly disappeared through the doorway.

"Lovely girl. She just gets a bit fixated sometimes." The Masked Matter-horn commented to no one in particular. "Now then, while we're waiting for their preparations, perhaps we can make some formal introductions?"

27. - Top - End - #27

"I'm doing..." Fluttershy looks around at the room, "...well? This place is very...nice." She smiles at Love's compliment. "Thank you. You're looking very nice too."

"Yes, the impact," Discord says in a slightly sinister, but teasing tone, "Could destroy the fabric of reality. Or it could cause a small, localized distortion in the weather patterns. Say, the a chocolate-milk rainstorm." He watches her leave with a very pleased smile.

"Introductions?" He snaps his fingers and a stage appears behind him. Lights, fog machines, cheerful showtunes, the whole nine yards. "Discord! Lord of Chaos, Knight of Equestria, and President and CEO of Chaos Video Game company."

Fluttershy giggles and adds. "And I'm Fluttershy. Nice to meet you."

"Oh don't be so modest," Discord says. He throws an arm around her shoulders. "Allow me to introduce Fluttershy, hero of Equestria and Element of Kindness." She blushes. Discord grins. "Tell me, is this tea any special? Is the green tea green? Does the Holiday blend sing Hearthswarming songs?"

Fluttershy sighs softly. "I'll take regular tea. Two lumps, please."

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Love shouts after Radiance, "It's magic!" She points a hoof at the door after she's long gone. "I like that pony."

"Thank you", she responses to Flutteshy and smiles.

Love zealously cheers and claps as Discord does his introduction. She nods along as Discord hypes Fluttershy's qualifications. Those were certainly two extremely impressive titles.

Love speaks up again, "I'll take one of each tea, please!" There is no way she is passing up on anyone's tea type.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ettin in the Playground

PaladinGuy

"You certainly know how to put on a good show." The Masked Matter-horn said, appreciatively, in response to Discord's production. "I like a male who has some substance behind the razzle-dazzle.

"And, Fluttershy, please feel free to be yourself. We're always honored to have heroes in good standing. I'm pleased to meet you both. I think that you'll like our tea. The only thing that sings is the tea kettle and short of food coloring, or envy, we can't make anything too green. It is very special, however, and keeps the Power Ponies going. I'm certain you'll enjoy it.

"Now, then, if you'll allow me to introduce myself," Matter-horn tapped the center of her metallic chest plate twice. "I am the Masked Matter-horn. The dinosaur tormenting gold coins in the corner is Drex--"

"Drex playing with new friends not tormenting!" Drex interjected over the screaming currency.

"And the other pony you met was Radiance. We're guardians of this world and Maretropolis. Pardon the masks. They're not intended to be nefarious. We simply wear them to protect our real identities from those who would wish us harm."

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    For reasons that are not nefarious. (They're really not.) I need a 1d6 roll from every character.

30. - Top - End - #30
    Titan in the Playground

Love stands up on her backlegs. "Since every pony is introducing themselves, I want to take another try at it! I had a stick down my tongue for that last introduction anyhow!"

She puts a hoof to her heart. "Everyone calls me Love. My name is Partial Charge. I'm the founder and CEO of Heimdall - a cutting edge tech company." Love takes to all fours again and smiles.

"I want a mask! I could make up a cool name too! Heartbeat! I could be Heartbeat!

Spoiler: Roll
    Show
    Love!
    (1d6)[1]

How does this look for Love's sheet? Would you like me to change anything?
    Body: Durable
    Mind: Mechanical-Smart
    Edge: Digital Duplication
    Flaw: Curiosity
    Items: Supercomputer laptop & utility grenade launcher