New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Erfworld 75, page 69

New page is up, and, well, looks like the Tool will not be pleased with this.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Orc in the Playground

frown Re: Erfworld 75, page 69

Oh, boop. I just hate seeing dwagons get blown to smithereens.
    Baby Pink Dwagon by Dr. Bath.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Default Re: Erfworld 75, page 69

*jaw drops*

Another reason why I support the Prince and his forces. <3

4. - Top - End - #4
    Troll in the Playground

Welp, kinda sad Jillian chose blondie's side (at least at the moment), but on the upside, at least the archons are cool. All that utility, plus dwagon-annhilating energy attacks...makes me wonder if they wouldn't have been a better investment than Parson, who hasn't done anything too awesome recently.

5. - Top - End - #5

Awesome but the Archons just shot all my predictions down...again.

Reaction shots? Dysfunctional family dynamic in the war room for sure. Manpower thinks of pie. But what of Ansom and Vinnie?

6. - Top - End - #6

Daaaaaamn.

I knew in my heart that Jill wasn't full of crap. Go Archons!
    Last edited by chionophile; 2007-08-29 at 11:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #7
    Dwarf in the Playground

Planetar

So who else thinks that the last panel means that the damage of the Archons increases depending on how much you pay them?
    quo nemo sequi potest

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Well that wasn't good. How are the writers going to deus ex this one back in line with the Parson-must-win plot? (I'm assuming that Parson doesn't just ignominously lose this campaign, because, well, what would be the point of that?)

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspear View Post
    So who else thinks that the last panel means that the damage of the Archons increases depending on how much you pay them?
    From what I gather, WYPFIWYG - what you pay for is what you get with these Archons.

So yes, they probably get recompensed depending on how big the hammer is that they bring down on the enemy.
    Last edited by JaxGaret; 2007-08-29 at 11:57 PM.
    You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist. - Friedrich Nietzsche

9. - Top - End - #9
    Pixie in the Playground

Slice em, and dice em. Those Archons are good, if you have the schmuckers !

10. - Top - End - #10
    Orc in the Playground

Ay ay ay… ouch. Things are not looking good for Team Stanley.

Of course, I should have guessed that women dressed like that would have spells based on buzzwords… ack!

Jillian's orders in the first panel are interesting: “Open the front door and let me at the warlord.” Proves nothing, but it suggests there's more to the tactics of in-hex fighting than we've seen so far.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Orc in the Playground

Heh, number 3 has a Ginsu Beam.
    "Of course you should fight fire with fire. You should fight everything with fire." - Jaya Ballard, task mage

STFUitP

12. - Top - End - #12
    Pixie in the Playground

Well, I do believe this shoots down the idea that the Archons were only there for technical support :P
    Spoiler
    Show
    Nostradamus once predicted in his journal: "In the century 21st, the one known as Jacques will be the savior of the world... five seasons in a row." Moments later, Jack Bauer knocked down the door, shot Nostradamus in the kneecaps, and yelled "WHO ARE YOU WORKING FOR?!"

"Ghost martyrs of the Sapphire Guard: ATTACK!"

13. - Top - End - #13
    Ogre in the Playground

MindFlayer

they're milking the charles angels things to death aren't they, that pose again.
    I would be a procrastinator, but I keep putting it off.

14. - Top - End - #14
    Dwarf in the Playground

Crap. And here I was hoping Jillian would go save Ansom.

Did the archons remove the spell? Did the knowledge of the spell make Jillian hate Wanda? I'm not sure what's going on.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Library Lovers Contest Winner

Assumption: the more mojo the Archons work, the more "time" they burn off their contract to Jetstone.
    Hypothesis: Jillian is weakening Jetstone by having the Archons take out already weak stacks of dwagons.
    Conclusion: I'm probably wrong.

16. - Top - End - #16

Question for the master gamers...of which I am not.

Jillians command, "Weak stack first...let me at the warlord", means there are say 3 stacks, 7, 7 and 5 each with 1 warlord. And even if all units are in a hex, it's stacks that fight each other and you still stack'em to max of 8 as explained here and used here. Correct or no?

If so, then suppose the 39% happens and Jillian and Co. are wiped out and 1 warlord survives. Is is still viable to use that 1 warlord next turn with the 21+ unwounded dwagons to attack the forest units and/or the seige?
    Last edited by ag30476; 2007-08-30 at 12:20 AM.

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Impressive though the blasts are, I note that they're only taking out one dwagon at a time; thus, it looks to me that they're pretty open to a counterattack.

Then again, there is supposedly a 61% chance of a total Stanley-side wipe so....welp, looks like Parson had best start praying for the dice to land snake eyes for Team Ansom (or find a Luckamancer to make sure that they do).
    My Unitarian Jihad name is Brother Rail Gun of Sweet Reason. Get yours!

Thanks to Cealocanth and PersonalSavior for my avatars!
    Spoiler
    Show

18. - Top - End - #18
    Halfling in the Playground

I'd like to point out that this comic doesn't necessarily prove that Jillian attacked the injured dragons. She may be attacking a stack of the weaker dragons, and the warlord she's mentioning could be Ansom. (Though admittedly this hypothesis is very far fetched, it requires that she made two moves off screen.) I don't believe this is the case, just saying it's a possibiliy.
    Last edited by Lazy Fat Man; 2007-08-30 at 12:25 AM.
    Lazymancer

I edit a lot because my grammer sucks a lot.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Pixie in the Playground

Oh dear - buzzwords to the rescue! Dwagons slain by PowerPoint? Eyaaaaaghhh...

20. - Top - End - #20
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JaxGaret View Post
    Well that wasn't good. How are the writers going to deus ex this one back in line with the Parson-must-win plot?
    Jillian hasn't shown a commitment to wipe out all of the opposing forces. She might blow out the warlords and enough dwagons to keep Ansom from getting croaked next turn and then withdraw.

I'm just saying, but this is also not inconsistent with my long-term prediction, which is taking the fangs out of both Stanley and Ansom and then Wanda performing a coup and taking Jillian as her Chief Warlord. Jill doesn't want Ansom to win as much as she wants him to survive and Stanley to lose, so something that lets both of those happen and let her bask in Wanda's company would be frosting.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Pixie in the Playground

I HAVE BUT ONE THING TO SAY ABOUT THE ARCHONS, AND THAT IS...

(...eep!...)

22. - Top - End - #22

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Fat Man View Post
    I'd like to point out that this comic doesn't necessarily prove that Jillian attacked the injured dragons.
    She's attacking a stack with a warlord which would imply a wounded dwagon stack.

23. - Top - End - #23
    Pixie in the Playground

DruidGuy

Awwww poor dwagons

24. - Top - End - #24

Quote Originally Posted by Train2nowhere View Post
    Awwww poor dwagons
    Famous last words...

25. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

BardGuy

Honestly, I think Jillian is using the Archons so that she doesn't have to dirty her own hands. It's true that she's under Wanda's spell, but she also has another fact to consider: she's in love with Wanda. So, in not directly fighting them, she's able to not only fulfill Stanley's orders, but her own desire to save Wanda.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Pixie in the Playground

The Second one reminds me of the way Rich draws Disinegrate =D
    First Ever OotS Style Art!

You're all losing the game.

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Xefas View Post
    Welp, kinda sad Jillian chose blondie's side (at least at the moment), but on the upside, at least the archons are cool. All that utility, plus dwagon-annhilating energy attacks...makes me wonder if they wouldn't have been a better investment than Parson, who hasn't done anything too awesome recently.
    I, on the other hand, am ENORMOUSLY happy that she seems to have put her doubts behind her, shaken off Wanda's influence (or the great bulk of it), and has sided with the man she loves

I'm feeling more confident about my predictions from the last strip, and stand by the thought that this is going to lead to -far- more interesting developments than if this was some sort of dupe with Wanda retaining control, followed up by a Parson coup de grace on Ansom.

The bad guys are in trouble. The bad guys are (mostly) the protagonists. It's almost always more interesting when the protagonists are in trouble.

All that and the good guys (and true love) get to win for a while? I love this comic!

(And I still don't think she's in love with Wanda. At least not romantically like she loves Ansom. Sorry, boys )
    Last edited by Girl Wonder; 2007-08-30 at 01:05 AM.

28. - Top - End - #28
    Orc in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by JaxGaret View Post
    Well that wasn't good. How are the writers going to deus ex this one back in line with the Parson-must-win plot? (I'm assuming that Parson doesn't just ignominously lose this campaign, because, well, what would be the point of that?)
    Very easy: they used up all the mana (i mean money), err schmuckers for these 3 spells. They were wasted on 3 wounded dwagons.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by goldgecko4 View Post
    Honestly, I think Jillian is using the Archons so that she doesn't have to dirty her own hands. It's true that she's under Wanda's spell, but she also has another fact to consider: she's in love with Wanda. So, in not directly fighting them, she's able to not only fulfill Stanley's orders, but her own desire to save Wanda.
    Actually she just stated that she herself is gonna be killing the warlord of the stack... and besides, she'd still be guilty of doing harm to wanda because she gave the order for the archons to attack; the archons were under her control and she just used them against wanda's forces

30. - Top - End - #30
    Dwarf in the Playground

Omg

omgomgomgomgomgomg

Thats all I have to say about that, as the gumps put it