New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Dwarf in the Playground

ClericGuy

Default 3.5 Looking for ALL soulmelds

I have a low level incarnate that will be going into Ironsoul Forgemaster if he lives that long. To help him achieve that goal I need to research what all of the melds are, and what they can do. I have read both "Incarnum and You" and "Soulmelds by Class and Slot", but neither of them have any that were added in either the magazines or web articles. The two different handbooks I found don't either. Does anyone here know what issues or articles added soulmelds? I only know of the dragon magic web one personally.

Any help is appreciated!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Looking for ALL soulmelds

I don't know much about anything in Dragon Magazine. The ones I know of that aren't in MoI are in Dragon Magic and in this Mind's Eye article.

I have been told that there are indeed some in Dragon Magazine, just to be clear. But I don't know much more than that.
    In the Beginning Was the Word, and the Word Was Suck: A Guide to Truenamers

Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Gentlefolk, learn from Zaq's example, and his suffering. Remember, seven out of eleven players who use truenamer lose their ability to taste ice cream.
    My compiled Iron Chef stuff!

~ Gay all day, queer all year ~

3. - Top - End - #3
    Titan in the Playground

Searching these forums with the search function, I found:

Quote Originally Posted by Karnith View Post
    Dragon Magazine, #350, includes three Totemist soulmelds: Brood Keeper's Heart, Chaos Roc's Span, and Gravorg Tail.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Ettin in the Playground

Dragon Magazine 350 added 3 totemist melds, the Brood Keeper's Heart, the Chaos Roc's Span, and the Gravorg Tail.

Brood Keeper's Heart has a virtually useless shaped and totem bind effect. The heart bind makes you a swarm, and that's an enormous headache.

Chaos Roc's Span has the rare granting a natural attack when shaped, a distinction shared with Claws of the Wyrm. Shoulder bind is decent, totem bind is laughable.

Gravorg Tail is pretty bad.
    Last edited by The Viscount; 2018-03-19 at 04:43 PM.
    Kolyarut Avatar by Potatocubed.
    Quote Originally Posted by willpell View Post
    Only playing Tier 1s is like only eating in five-star restaurants [...] sometimes I just want a cheeseburger and some frogurt. Why limit yourself?
    Awards

5. - Top - End - #5
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Skevvix View Post
    I have a low level incarnate that will be going into Ironsoul Forgemaster if he lives that long. To help him achieve that goal I need to research what all of the melds are, and what they can do. I have read both "Incarnum and You" and "Soulmelds by Class and Slot", but neither of them have any that were added in either the magazines or web articles. The two different handbooks I found don't either. Does anyone here know what issues or articles added soulmelds? I only know of the dragon magic web one personally.

Any help is appreciated!
    If you go to the Ironsoul Forgemaster handbook in my sig (shameless plug) it will link you to two web expansions - one on Draconic Soulmelds, and one on Psionic Soulmelds. I'm not aware of the Dragon Magazine ones that others have mentioned, but pretty much everything you need comes from MoI and those two web articles.

And, frankly, if your character isn't Draconic or Psionic, you're not going to get that much use out of the web expansions anyway.
    My headache medicine has a little "Ex" inscribed on the pill. It's not a brand name; it's an indicator that it works inside an Anti-Magic Field.

Blue text means sarcasm. Purple text means evil. White text is invisible.

My signature got too big for its britches. So now it's over here!

6. - Top - End - #6
    Titan in the Playground