New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Titan in the Playground

Default Where in the planes did this lich reverse-summon me? IC

With a flash of the dark and blinding energies, gone is the stone alter, gone are the hoards of undying minions who had been besieging you, gone too most of the loyal compatriots who had fought alongside you, and the loyal and trustworthy knight's captain seems to have vanished without a trace. Instead you find yourself in a pristine and vegetative wonderland. A brightly lit and bountiful forest. Perhaps this isn't the wonderland it appears to be though, after all, the moment you appeared a tree twitched as if about to lash out at you. Could this be some evil wizard's magical experimentation garden?
    Spoiler
    Show

Enemy initiative: 8
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Where in the planes did this lich reverse-summon me? IC

Woah! Where— what— Ividrion muttered as the world around him changed in an eye’s blink. As the tree twiched, he yelled Who’s there? Answer, now! and instinctively readied his Mind Blade.

Spoiler: Actions
    Show
    Inititive: (1d20+5)[8]
    If I just came from combat, I assume my Mind Blade is formed.
    Swift action: enter Scarlet Einhander stance. +1d6 to damage and +3 shield bonus.
    Move action: gain psionic focus.
    Standard action: if nothing hostile is within 10 feet, delay until something is within attack range (i.e. right next to me). Then see below.
    If something is between 5 and 10 feet, 5-foot step up to it, and initiate Ego-Wounding Strike, spending 4 power points on it to give the hit target a -4 penalty to attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks for one round. Also, spend psionic focus to deal an additional 4d6 damage with Greater Psionic Weapon. DC 20 Will save negates Ego-Wounding. Attack: (1d20+20)[37]. Damage: (1d10+9)[12]+(1d6)[6]+(4d6)[13]+(1d4)[4].

Edit: oops, forgot to add Power Attack damage (+6). No penalty because of Furious Focus.
    Last edited by In4Dimensions; 2018-03-18 at 09:28 PM.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kreuz barely notices as the world shifts - so focused he is, as his head snaps around looking for his next target, flames still pouring out of the vents on his charred armour as he continues to ride the adrenaline high of the last fight. The flames have cooled from blue to their more usual red, but the air around him continues to shimmer and blur from the sheer amount of heat coming off him, and the grass beneath his boots shrivels to ash.

His eyes flicker, and a moment later his fist slams into a nearby tree, flames engulfing it. "One two hragh!" He hasn't even noticed they aren't fighting the lich any more.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Initiative: (1d20+2)[15]

Kreuz would still be in Pugilist Stance from the previous fight, and I'll work on the assumption that he has 2 Tension, since that's what he starts encounters with.

That was a Full Attack boosted by kinetic form and burning infusion, but he doesn't actually know that there's an enemy there, he's just lashing out. So I'll leave it up to a perception check, and Drack, to determine if he actually reacted to something real.
    Perception: (1d20-1)[10]

If it was a monster, great. If he either fails that spot check or misses, that was a completely normal tree I just immolated. ...Sorry not sorry?

Attack 1: (1d20+13)[25] to hit, (1d10+5)[13] bludgeoning damage and (2d6+1)[6] fire damage.
    Attack 2: (1d20+8)[10] to hit, (1d10+5)[10] bludgeoning damage and (2d6+1)[9] fire damage.

Also it's now on fire due to burning infusion - unless it passes two DC 17 reflex saves.

4. - Top - End - #4
    Bugbear in the Playground

BlackDragon

Clipsy Luv's looks around the area and tries to get a feel of the situation before acting. Letting out a pulse of psionic energy, as her allies visions and hearing sharpen slighty.

Her stance shifts from side to side, and she remains wary of a surprise attack, and the temporal energies in her body slow the world down for but a fraction of a second, but given her enough time to become aware of the her surroundings.

"Keep your head ups, it could be another trap."

Spoiler: Mechanics/Rolls
    Show

Initiative
    (1d20+5)[19]
    Maneuvers Spent: Clockwatcher, Act in a surprise round.
    Move action: Active Perception Check.
    (1d20+17)[29]

Free action: Enter Radiant Dawn Style. Now in Riven Hourglass and Radiant Dawn Style.
    Free action: Intercessor’s Pulse:Inspire Competence:(Perception), Spent 1 power points, all allies in the Collective get +2 competence boost on perception checks for 1 round.

Stance: Riven Hourglass Stance
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

5. - Top - End - #5

MindFlayer

The gaunt giant figure's hood turns side to side in the only visible signal of his surprise; across the group's collective, though, a telepathic string of expletives can be heard as Teem's annoyance boils over. The fit of pique doesn't impact his reflexes, though, as the swarm he always carries bursts off his body and makes a beeline (hah!) for the tree that twitched at them funnily. "Whoever's here," he suddenly roars, his voice deep, gravelly, and ragged with the previous fight's exertions, "we just had a very trying day and are in NO MOOD to be messed with!"

Even as he seems to rage, Teem sends tendrils of psychic power into the others' nervous systems, readying their tired bodies to nevertheless react more evasively to danger. Next to him, having apparently found her way there as well, Queen's wings buzz as she lifts her giant stinger menacingly.

Spoiler: Crunch
    Show
    Initiative: (1d20+3)[8]

We've just been in combat, so I will assume Teem's stance remains. Teem was in Black Seraph's Glare, and his Fuse Styles feat means he is also in Black Seraph Style already.

As a standard action he summons his Pestilence Swarm, which fills up five squares between himself and the twitching tree. This sets off a chain of events:
    1. If it is closer than 25 feet, the tree is within his swarm and takes (1d6+15)[17] supernatural damage. Anything else that is alive within the swarm's area also takes this damage, excluding allies.
    2. If the tree is damaged, he makes his free action Intimidate (from Black Seraph's Glare): (1d20+27)[44] vs. all enemies w/in 30 feet (from his Imperious Bearing Grendle ability), expending his martial focus to use Piercing Fear to treat immunity to fear/mind-affecting as merely a +5 to the DC.
    3. Since his skill is off the chain, any creature whose DC he beats by 10 is frightened unless it succeeds at a DC 18 (EDIT: Forgot Pestilence Cloak buff. DC 23) will save. If they succeed, they are merely shaken, though his Memorable trait means they are shaken for 1.5 times as long (rounded down).
    4. Vs. any creature affected, he now has a +2 profane bonus to his saves and AC.

As a swift action, he uses Defending the Pride and gives the team and any allies w/in 60 feet a +4 morale bonus to AC for 1 round.

As a move action, he uses Aid Another (1d20+9)[16] to give Clipsy Luv a +2 to her AC, and also everyone in the party gets a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls for the round, as well as to recover any maneuvers he had expended during the encounter with the lich.

Teem's psicrystal and scorpion companion do nothing this round. Teem's Giant Wasp companion, though, readies an action to sting the first thing that attacks Teem. Readied Attack (1d20+10)[17], damage (1d6+6)[11] plus Poison DC 16 (1/rd 6 rds, 1 Dex damage, cure 1 save).

Current Buffs: Pestilence Cloak (attackers need DC 22 will save vs. mind-affecting/phantasm, or treat him as having 50% concealment)
    Current Stance: Black Seraph's Glare
    Current Style: Black Seraph Style
    Current Vermin Foci: Beetle (+4 nat AC), Worm (50% fortification, fast healing 2)
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2018-03-21 at 11:25 AM.

6. - Top - End - #6
    Ettin in the Playground

Probably the strangest member of the party was the pegasus, Virga Immelmann, looked around as they were transported into the new world. Immediately, she begins flying again after having landed when they defeated the lich. "Comrades," her accent a blend between Russian and German, "Ve do not zeem to be in zee zame place. Prepare vor combat till zee location iz zecure."

she quickly made a check of her weaponry. She still had an operational machine gun, musket, and a dragoon rifle She adjusted herself, the harness automatically loading her dragoon rifle. Her buckler

Spoiler: OOC
    Show

Initiative (1d20+6)[20]

I don't have a whole lot of things. But if something attacks her, she'll use the following ability

Active Defense

If you are using a shield and you are attacked by a creature you are aware of while not flat-footed, you may spend an attack of opportunity to increase your shield bonus to AC against that attack by +2. This decision must be made before the roll is made. For every 4 points of base attack bonus you possess, the increase to your shield bonus provided by this talent increases by 1. Talents with the (deflect) tag grant additional effects to this ability. Each use of active defense may only benefit from one (deflect) talent. You may expend your martial focus to use active defense in place of spending an attack of opportunity.

The deflect she'll use is the redirect attack one, that due to other abilities, this also works with ranged touch attacks from spells.

Redirecting Shield (deflect)

Whenever a weapon attack (not including siege weapons, or other massive weapons) misses a creature benefiting from your active defense, you may choose a new target for the attack within its original range (for ranged attacks) or reach (for melee attacks) as a free action that can be taken even when it’s not your turn, comparing the original attack roll, with a -2 penalty, to the new target’s AC and resolving the attack as normal on a successful hit.

Animated Spellcards from the Deck of Many Things
    A game I found interesting Aegis: Innocence

7. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

Xavier is stunned for a second when they are teleported.
    Where's the Lich? I wanted its head.
    Omnissiah grant me the strength to change what I can,
    the patience to accept what I cannot,
    and CHAINFISTS FOR HANDS. Amen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Timble View Post
    when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    My 40k Discord Server: Join Today!
    Magic the Gathering (In the Playground)
    Games that I am in

8. - Top - End - #8
    Ogre in the Playground

Spoiler: Setup
    Show
    I'm assuming that after some time, her sequence is set at 2, granting a +1 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and +1 CL.
    She would've have 6 SP to cast an extended sense modified by foreshadow, prescience, sniper's eye, and true sight. This prevents her from being flat-footed in a surprise round and adds +1 dodge to AC, +2 to attack and CMB rolls, +2 to Initiative, Reflex saves, and +3 to will saves vs. illusion. while reducing the DC adjustment based on distance by 6.
    Her current imbuement would Warping Presense, requiring a hostile creature to beat a DC 18 will save to avoid treating all squares within 10 feet of her as difficult terrain.
    Also assuming that she has an adamantine cartridge loaded.
    Her steady skills is set as Perception.

Riza looks around her surrounding bewildered at the sudden change, but then growls as she realizes that the lich no longer around. She quickly changes the load in her over-sized rifle and flies upward into the air. "I've got a special load for that lich when we see him again!" she half shouts in anger while trying to figure out a theory on what might have happened.

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+9)[15]
    As per Steady Skill, she is taking 10 on Perception. Perception: 10+9=19.
    Arcana: (1d20+15)[26] and Spellcraft: (1d20+16)[32] to try to figure out what's going on with that teleport and why.
    As a free action, she expends one martial focus to add one link to her sequence. Using a move action, she flies up 30 feet into the air, triggering Mobile Focus and recovering the martial focus she just spent. As a swift action, she switches her loaded ammo to normal bullets, adding an additional ink to her sequence making it a 4. Thus, her sequence bonuses increase by another +1.

9. - Top - End - #9

Mister Hopper
    The curiously appointed stuffed rabbit known as Mister Hopper straightens his tie and looks around at the new surroundings.

"Such coarseness does not become you, mistress Riza." He raises his walking stick, the simple yet elegant brass handle prepared to give a sound thrashing to whoever or whatever might be waiting in the woods. "Nevertheless, I share the sentiment."

Show
    Initiative: (1d20+2)[9]

Actions: Full-round action to activate Patrol with the Steel Hedge augment; this increases my threatened area by 15 feet until the start of my next turn. My threatened area is treated as difficult terrain by enemies. I assume I'm adjacent to Riza for now.

As we were just in a fight, I'll be in my true form. Form points are spent as follows:
    Eye, Watchful x2 (3 FP): Grants all-around vision, +2 dodge bonus to AC, +2 to Reflex saves, +2 to Perception
    Organ, Hide x3 (4 FP): Grants +6 natural armor, +3 HP, Spider Thread spell.
    Mouth, Large x2 (3 FP): Gain large bite attack; mouth leads to primary stomach.

My manifestation is protected by an Aura of the Unremarkable, so people rationalize that I look normal unless they make a DC 19 Will save.

Current AC: 29, plus whatever buffs others are providing.
    Current HP: 123

And since we're all at full HP, that should mean that my masters have not been hit and my service meter is full.

I'll have declared... *rolls dice IRL*... Virga and Riza as my (checks genders) mistresses for now. Y'all can read on the battle butler page above for what that means.
    Spoiler: My Homebrew
    Show
    The Sphere Tactician, a Tactician archetype for Spheres of Power.
    The Bullet Witch, a Gunslinger archetype also for Spheres of Power

10. - Top - End - #10
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Privately rolls terribly low initiative.
    We'll be using block initiative. Monster->players->monsters. It's the only way to reasonably do combat on the forums. Post when you're free if you haven't gone that round, we'll wait for you. I'll periodically announce the round number.

ROUND 1

Quote Originally Posted by TheArcaneCaster View Post
    Woah! Where— what— Ividrion muttered as the world around him changed in an eye’s blink. As the tree twiched, he yelled Who’s there? Answer, now! and instinctively readied his Mind Blade.

Show
    Inititive: [roll0]
    If I just came from combat, I assume my Mind Blade is formed.
    Swift action: enter Scarlet Einhander stance. +1d6 to damage and +3 shield bonus.
    Move action: gain psionic focus.
    Standard action: if nothing hostile is within 10 feet, delay until something is within attack range (i.e. right next to me). Then see below.
    If something is between 5 and 10 feet, 5-foot step up to it, and initiate Ego-Wounding Strike, spending 4 power points on it to give the hit target a -4 penalty to attack rolls, ability checks, and skill checks for one round. Also, spend psionic focus to deal an additional 4d6 damage with Greater Psionic Weapon. DC 20 Will save negates Ego-Wounding. Attack: [roll1]. Damage: [roll2]+[roll3]+[roll4]+[roll5].

Edit: oops, forgot to add Power Attack damage (+6). No penalty because of Furious Focus.
    While the tree is a potential hostile, it's not been confirmed yet, all the same, as your comrades rain down powerful destructive blow after deadly no holds barred blow, you decide it'll be hostile now if it wasn't before. Stepping forward your mind blade shoots forward, puncturing a hole into the tree and swiftly eroding around said hole through its violent psychic energies. The trees robust mentality however allows it to endure your blow without experiencing any damage to its ego.

Quote Originally Posted by kjelfalconer View Post
    Kreuz barely notices as the world shifts - so focused he is, as his head snaps around looking for his next target, flames still pouring out of the vents on his charred armour as he continues to ride the adrenaline high of the last fight. The flames have cooled from blue to their more usual red, but the air around him continues to shimmer and blur from the sheer amount of heat coming off him, and the grass beneath his boots shrivels to ash.

His eyes flicker, and a moment later his fist slams into a nearby tree, flames engulfing it. "One two hragh!" He hasn't even noticed they aren't fighting the lich any more.

Spoiler: Mechanics
    Show

Initiative: [roll0]

Kreuz would still be in Pugilist Stance from the previous fight, and I'll work on the assumption that he has 2 Tension, since that's what he starts encounters with.

That was a Full Attack boosted by kinetic form and burning infusion, but he doesn't actually know that there's an enemy there, he's just lashing out. So I'll leave it up to a perception check, and Drack, to determine if he actually reacted to something real.
    Perception: [roll1]

If it was a monster, great. If he either fails that spot check or misses, that was a completely normal tree I just immolated. ...Sorry not sorry?

Attack 1: [roll2] to hit, [roll3] bludgeoning damage and [roll4] fire damage.
    Attack 2: [roll5] to hit, [roll6] bludgeoning damage and [roll7] fire damage.

Also it's now on fire due to burning infusion - unless it passes two DC 17 reflex saves.
    Meanwhile another entirely innocent and unrelated tree bursts into flames, writhing like someone who just got kicked off bed in the middle of the night only to find they've no idea where they are now. Honestly it's hard to tell if it's doubly impressive to have noticed the unmoving monster or not...
    Spoiler
    Show

It failed both reflex saves.

Quote Originally Posted by Da'Shain View Post
    The gaunt giant figure's hood turns side to side in the only visible signal of his surprise; across the group's collective, though, a telepathic string of expletives can be heard as Teem's annoyance boils over. The fit of pique doesn't impact his reflexes, though, as the swarm he always carries bursts off his body and makes a beeline (hah!) for the tree that twitched at them funnily. "Whoever's here," he suddenly roars, his voice deep, gravelly, and ragged with the previous fight's exertions, "we just had a very trying day and are in NO MOOD to be messed with!"

Even as he seems to rage, Teem sends tendrils of psychic power into the others' nervous systems, readying their tired bodies to nevertheless react more evasively to danger. Next to him, having apparently found her way there as well, Queen's wings buzz as she lifts her giant stinger menacingly.

Show

We've just been in combat, so I will assume Teem's stance remains. Teem was in Black Seraph's Glare, and his Fuse Styles feat means he is also in Black Seraph Style already.

As a standard action he summons his Pestilence Swarm, which fills up five squares between himself and the twitching tree. This sets off a chain of events:
    1. If it is closer than 25 feet, the tree is within his swarm and takes [roll1] supernatural damage. Anything else that is alive within the swarm's area also takes this damage, excluding allies.
    2. If the tree is damaged, he makes his free action Intimidate (from Black Seraph's Glare): [roll2] vs. all enemies w/in 30 feet (from his Imperious Bearing Grendle ability), expending his martial focus to use Piercing Fear to treat immunity to fear/mind-affecting as merely a +5 to the DC.
    3. Since his skill is off the chain, any creature whose DC he beats by 10 is frightened unless it succeeds at a DC 18 (EDIT: Forgot Pestilence Cloak buff. DC 23) will save. If they succeed, they are merely shaken, though his Memorable trait means they are shaken for 1.5 times as long (rounded down).
    4. Vs. any creature affected, he now has a +2 profane bonus to his saves and AC.

As a swift action, he uses Defending the Pride and gives the team and any allies w/in 60 feet a +4 morale bonus to AC for 1 round.

As a move action, he uses Aid Another [roll3] to give Clipsy Luv a +2 to her AC, and also everyone in the party gets a +2 morale bonus to attack rolls for the round, as well as to recover any maneuvers he had expended during the encounter with the lich.

Teem's psicrystal and scorpion companion do nothing this round. Teem's Giant Wasp companion, though, readies an action to sting the first thing that attacks Teem. Readied Attack [roll4], damage [roll5] plus Poison DC 16 (1/rd 6 rds, 1 Dex damage, cure 1 save).

Current Buffs: Pestilence Cloak (attackers need DC 22 will save vs. mind-affecting/phantasm, or treat him as having 50% concealment)
    Current Stance: Black Seraph's Glare
    Current Style: Black Seraph Style
    Current Vermin Foci: Beetle (+4 nat AC), Worm (50% fortification, fast healing 2)
    A sharp psychic pain assaults you as as the periphery of your composing members are suddenly cut off from the main body of the swarm by the central part having been teleported without them. The remaining members spread back out reforming the swarm. As your insects crawl over the tree, their sharp appendages claw and cut off sections of bark which, while negligible in and of themselves, add up to a rather substantial wound. Additionally, the tree begins swaying in an eerie fashion disrupting its rhythm.
    Spoiler
    Show

No particular mechanical impact for the loss of the swarm.

As your insects eat they notice the vegetation here is teeming with the energies of nature and life, filling them much faster then they normally might be.

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Spoiler: Setup
    Show
    I'm assuming that after some time, her sequence is set at 2, granting a +1 bonus to attack rolls, damage rolls, and +1 CL.
    She would've have 6 SP to cast an extended sense modified by foreshadow, prescience, sniper's eye, and true sight. This prevents her from being flat-footed in a surprise round and adds +1 dodge to AC, +2 to attack and CMB rolls, +2 to Initiative, Reflex saves, and +3 to will saves vs. illusion. while reducing the DC adjustment based on distance by 6.
    Her current imbuement would Warping Presense, requiring a hostile creature to beat a DC 18 will save to avoid treating all squares within 10 feet of her as difficult terrain.
    Also assuming that she has an adamantine cartridge loaded.
    Her steady skills is set as Perception.

Riza looks around her surrounding bewildered at the sudden change, but then growls as she realizes that the lich no longer around. She quickly changes the load in her over-sized rifle and flies upward into the air. "I've got a special load for that lich when we see him again!" she half shouts in anger while trying to figure out a theory on what might have happened.

Show
    As per Steady Skill, she is taking 10 on Perception. Perception: 10+9=19.
    Arcana: [roll1] and Spellcraft: [roll2] to try to figure out what's going on with that teleport and why.
    As a free action, she expends one martial focus to add one link to her sequence. Using a move action, she flies up 30 feet into the air, triggering Mobile Focus and recovering the martial focus she just spent. As a swift action, she switches her loaded ammo to normal bullets, adding an additional ink to her sequence making it a 4. Thus, her sequence bonuses increase by another +1.
    You don't see any overt signs of active magic, though there are subtle signs that plant magic has been used to accelerate their growth, and it does seem like just the sort of place you'd find faerie illusions...
    Spoiler
    Show
    *rolls dice

...which you don't notice any of.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenopax View Post
    Xavier is stunned for a second when they are teleported.
    Where's the Lich? I wanted its head.
    The tree doesn't tell you where the lich is. Stupid silent tree...

Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Clipsy Luv's looks around the area and tries to get a feel of the situation before acting. Letting out a pulse of psionic energy, as her allies visions and hearing sharpen slighty.

Her stance shifts from side to side, and she remains wary of a surprise attack, and the temporal energies in her body slow the world down for but a fraction of a second, but given her enough time to become aware of the her surroundings.

"Keep your head ups, it could be another trap."

Spoiler: Mechanics/Rolls
    Show

Initiative
    [roll0]
    Maneuvers Spent: Clockwatcher, Act in a surprise round.
    Move action: Active Perception Check.
    [roll1]

Free action: Enter Radiant Dawn Style. Now in Riven Hourglass and Radiant Dawn Style.
    Free action: Intercessor’s Pulse:Inspire Competence:(Perception), Spent 1 power points, all allies in the Collective get +2 competence boost on perception checks for 1 round.

Stance: Riven Hourglass Stance
    You notice that among the teeming verdant life around you almost everything's moving somewhat unnaturally for this kind of air flow... There's a chance it could all be alive, a chance of ghosts, and a chance of fairy trickery. That's the kind of woods this seems to be. You see large bulbous blue toadstools, winding mounds of red vines, purple spores half the size of your head floating lazily through the woods. You see some scarce few animals and insects, but most of all you see plants, an endless sea of plants at least as high as your waist, filled with trees off which even more vines and hanging plants drape like long healthy tendrils reaching down for the soft fertile earth beneath.
    That mystical swirling of multicolored leaves as they dance in the air, that fresh fall smell, the perfect weather that makes you feel so very alive. You can almost forget that you're watching dead tissue accumulate as winter claims the world and floods it with the calming scent of death.

11. - Top - End - #11
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Given the unnatural amount of life in the trees and plants all around, Aaust suspiciously eyes his Greenwood Orc Skull Rams in case they are affected by something. Holding them almost at arms length metal weapons start to have an appeal. Shurikens might by a better weapon if there is a fight soon.

Show
    with combat just finished, its fair to assume Aaust had a drink during combat.
    Moonshine Stupor (Ex) 5 rounds left, dodge+3, +6 Dex, -6 Int
    Edit: for -6 Int it should be +6 Str, not Dex.
    Last edited by Plus one; 2018-03-23 at 07:28 PM.

12. - Top - End - #12
    Ettin in the Playground

Virga takes off to the sky herself to get a bird's eye view of the party and the forest around them. Winds fold in around her as she raises up making it harder to actually strike her.

Show

Virga moves 30 feet up into the air with a Move action!
    Virga moved 5 feet using fly! Moving Target activates creating a 20% Miss chance on all attacks vs Virga!
    Virga Moved 20 feet using fly! Expending Martial focus to increase the Miss chance on Moving Target to 50%!
    Virga Moved more than 10 feet but used less than 1/2 her flight speed as a move action! She regains her Martial Focus!

Virga uses perception to scan for threats! (1d20+14)[23]

13. - Top - End - #13
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Prepares a full round melee attack against the nearest tree in case it moves... more than it is.

Spoiler
    Show

The rolls in case this happens.
    Power attack
    +15/+15/+12/+10/+10/+7
    (1d20+15)[17] attack
    (1d10+17)[19] dmg
    (1d20+15)[18]
    (1d10+17)[27]
    (1d20+12)[17]
    (1d10+17)[19]
    (1d20+10)[17]
    (1d10+17)[26]
    (1d20+10)[11]
    (1d10+17)[25]
    (1d20+7)[21]
    (1d10+17)[27]

14. - Top - End - #14
    Titan in the Playground

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Seems the folks we were waiting on to finish up round 1 felt satisfied with not using their remaining actions, so we'll let the trees have a turn and then go on to ...
    Round 2

Seems there was some confusion on rounds, folks who prematurely posted round 2 actions may post new actions or keep those.

The tree with shaved bark and a sword wound looks extremely aggravated by this surface scaring. While some may not know, trees generally don't regrow their bark without magic, even the smallest cut could cause a tree to bleed out over the years, and not only that, but how's it supposed to show it's face in proper tree society whilst so scared? With all the fury of someone who's make up was ruined on date night, the tree lashes out at Ividrion and August without a shred of hesitation. Meanwhile the other tree, having erupted into a fiery inferno almost instantly, begins writhing, the crackling of it's branches as they move and the dull thudding of wood on wood sounds eerily like angry laughter as it wields it's branches aggressively against Xavier and Kruez, giving not even half a thought to it's own safety as it brings an avalanche of burning branches down on them.

Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+17)[30] for (2d6+9)[17] on Ividrion
    (1d20+17)[18] for (2d6+9)[12] on Aaust
    (1d20+17)[30] for (2d6+9)[15] + (1d3)[1] fire on Xavier
    (1d20+17)[36] for (2d6+9)[18] + (1d3)[3] fire on Kruez (rolled 26 to confirm crit for double damage.)
    Fire damage to tree (1d6)[4]

Then, just when everyone was distracted by the strangely human-like reactions of the two trees, a third tree whips out it's branches, striking at Mister Hooper from behind as if to vent frustration on behalf of it's kin. If you were to continue attributing personalities to their actions this tree might even be seen as a kind elderly samaritan, jumping in to stand up against the violence he sees before him like few other humble trees might think to do in these troubled times.
    Spoiler
    Show

Attacks on Mr. Hooper

(1d20+17)[21] for (2d6+9)[17]
    (1d20+17)[31] for (2d6+9)[17]
    Last edited by drack; 2018-03-24 at 04:11 PM.

15. - Top - End - #15
    Ogre in the Playground

Ividrion yells in pain as the tree tries to decapatate him. In response, he stands still for just a moment, then lashes out furiously at the tree.

Show
    Swift Action: Time Skitter. I am under the effects of Haste for 7 rounds.
    Full attack on tree (three attacks):
    Attack 1- (1d20+20)[38]
    Damage 1- (1d10+9)[15]+(1d6)[1]+(1d4)[1]

Attack 2- (1d20+20)[40]
    Damage 2- (1d10+9)[11]+(1d6)[2]+(1d4)[3]

Attack 3- (1d20+15)[29]
    Damage 3- (1d10+9)[16]+(1d6)[1]+(1d4)[3]

16. - Top - End - #16

BlackDragon

Kreuz Flamefist feels the impact of the tree lessened as a psionic barrier of silver sands took some of the impact. While they appeared to not be outnumbered(yet) it was still important for to end the fight quickly to the group may figure out what is going on.

Lovey Eclipse of the Starless Night sents another psionic pulse, and her allies fill invigorated and encouraged by her telepathic cheer.

The kitsune mutt holds out her hands as the sands as the buring sands in her hands coalesces into a dull's glowing scimitar. Her eyes glare with a strange light as she looks toward the flaming tree.

Clipsy Luv smirks, Distance holds no meaning to the kingdom of the Radiant Goddess," she makes two quick strikes with her scimitar seemingly towards no target. As she motions with the blade sands as black as the void appear in front of the half-giant and echo the cutting motions of the blade.

Spoiler: Mechanics/roll
    Show

Free action on the Tree's turn: Redirects 15 points of damage from Kreuz to herself, spends 3 point points to reduce this by 12.
    Free action at start of her turn: Spend 1 pp. Pulse. Inspire Courage. All members of the collective get +2 competence bonus to attack and damage for 1 round.
    Swift action: Armory of the Sleeping Goddess, creating a +3 Scimitar for 8 rounds. Triggers Radiant Sunlight, healing for 8 hp. Using Collective healing for 3 directed at herself, and Kreuz heals for 5.
    Move Action: Unwilling Participant on the fire that is on Fire. DC 20 Will Save.
    Standard Action: Vassalage: Rapid Strike using Xavier as point of origin, attacking the flaming tree BB-22.

Attack Roll 1: (If the tree fails the will save, add +2)
    +13 +3(Weapon) +2(Inspire Courage), +4 Vassalage.
    (1d20+22)[26]
    Damage 1:
    1d6+3(Weapon) +5 (Charisma) +2 Inspire Courage, +3 Vassalage
    (1d6+13)[18]

Attack Roll 2: (If the tree fails the will save, add +2)
    +13 +3(weapon), +2 Inspire Courage, +4 Vassalage.
    (1d20+22)[38]
    Damage 2
    (1d6+13)[14]

PP remaining:
    95/126

Last edited by The Shadowmind; 2018-03-24 at 08:42 PM.
    I am:
    Spoiler
    Show

17. - Top - End - #17
    Ogre in the Playground

Riza glares at the suddenly moving tree attacking, her already bad mood getting worse. She unloads her massive rifle and loads in an adamantine catridge. "Eat this!" she calls out lining the barrel of the oversized rifle up to a tree. She channels arcane force into her weapon before firing, and reloading repeatedly at an extraordinary speed, firing a flurry of arcane enhanced bullets at two of the trees.

Show

Relevant buffs right before Flurry

Attack Buff: +6=+2(Sense, Insight), +2(SequenceL4), +2(Inspire Courage, competence)
    Damage: +13=+3(Sequence), +2(Inspire courage), +8(Destructive Edge, Force)

Actions
    Riza uses Abandon Focus, losing one martial focus to gain a link as a free action(L5, one martial focus left)
    Riza uses Deliberate Load as a move action to load in an adamantine cartridge gaining another link(L6)
    Riza uses a swift action to change her imbuement to Destructive Edge(+8 Force damage)
    Riza activates the finisher Flurry. She fires 3 shots each at Tree AX19 and Tree BC19 at full BAB. Thanks to Ceaseless Ammo, no bullets are consumed.

Tree AX20
    (1d20+17)[34] (2d8+14)[24]
    (1d20+17)[20] (2d8+14)[23]
    (1d20+17)[30] (2d8+14)[19]

Tree BC23
    (1d20+17)[36] (2d8+14)[20]
    (1d20+17)[33] (2d8+14)[17]
    (1d20+17)[30] (2d8+14)[28]

Riza's sequence ends.(New one may begin if she kills one and it possess a CR=>4 or if a crit confirms.)

18. - Top - End - #18
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

Aaust, alarmed at the near miss stepped back hopefully out of reach and responded with rapid attacks with the weapons he is still holding.
    Spoiler
    Show

move 5 foot to AW,23 (melee weapon has reach)
    Swift action greater deadly focus, attack +3, damage +16
    Power attack, attack -3, damage +6
    Moonshine Stupor (Ex) four rounds
    (Damage 1D10+33, attack +18/+18/+15/+13/+13/+10)

(1d20+18)[30] attack
    (1d10+33)[40] dmg

(1d20+18)[32]
    (1d10+33)[38]

(1d20+15)[33]
    (1d10+33)[35]

(1d20+13)[14]
    (1d10+33)[35]

(1d20+13)[24]
    (1d10+33)[35]

(1d20+10)[19]
    (1d10+33)[41]

Plus Shadow talent, Bleeding attack. 1 point of Damage per Damage dice per round until healed.
    Plus Hammer the gap. I don’t think I’ve seen this used in melee but worth a try.
    Last edited by Plus one; 2018-03-25 at 01:15 AM.

19. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

Xavier was on the verge of apologizing to the trees before they attacked. He stays in his Combat Stance and Begins attacking the trees.

Show

Note: I can make two attacks whenever I initiate a strike
    I assume if I just came out of combat I'm in my combat stance? (Pugulist Stance)

When the trees attack I activate two Counters
    Fear the Reaper on Arcane which Negates the attack and Makes the Tree shaken if my intimidate roll passes (1d20+13)[28]

Then I activate Broken Blade Riposte which allows me to make an attack at +3d6 damage and push the tree back 5 feet.
    Spoiler: Riposte
    Show

Spoiler: Fist 1
    Show

(1d20+15)[25]: Attack
    (1d10+8)[14]: Normal Damage
    (3d6)[13]: Additional Riposte Damage
    (2d6)[9]: Damage from Stance (If Allowed)

Spoiler: Fist 2
    Show

(1d20+15)[27]: Attack
    (1d10+8)[13]: Normal Damage
    (2d6)[9]: Damage from Stance (If Allowed)

My turn I activate
    Iron Knuckle (Additional +4d6 on all Unarmed Strikes) as a Swift Action
    Steel Flurry (3 attacks with +3d6 damage)
    I attack the Largest Tree or if that's dead the other tree (If both trees are dead I don't take any actions)

Spoiler: Hit 1
    Show

(1d20+15)[35]: Attack
    (1d10+8)[12]: Normal Damage
    (7d6)[2][6][5][1][1][1][6](22): Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    (2d6)[8]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Spoiler: Hit 2
    Show

(1d20+15)[21]: Attack
    (1d10+8)[10]: Normal Damage
    (7d6)[1][5][4][2][4][6][6](28): Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    (2d6)[4]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Spoiler: Hit 3
    Show

(1d20+15)[29]: Attack
    (1d10+8)[12]: Normal Damage
    (7d6)[3][4][5][6][1][5][3](27): Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    (2d6)[2]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Finally if I have anybody in my collective I use a move action to Aid Another them. This gives me back 3 Manuevers from Zealot and It also gives the +4 (+2 normally and +2 from Zeal) bonus to everyone within 30 feet of them.
    Aid Another: (1d20+17)[31] (This would be a melee attack roll right?)

when an imperial knight says it wants to stick you in a large arena in which to fight to the death, you can't exactly say no.
    Games that I am in

20. - Top - End - #20
    Titan in the Playground

Spoiler
    Show

Still round 2, just posting so we know if trees die...

Ividrion yells in pain as the tree tries to decapatate him. In response, he stands still for just a moment, then lashes out furiously at the tree.

Show
    Swift Action: Time Skitter. I am under the effects of Haste for 7 rounds.
    Full attack on tree (three attacks):
    Attack 1- [roll0]
    Damage 1- [roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]

Attack 2- [roll4]
    Damage 2- [roll5]+[roll6]+[roll7]

Attack 3- [roll8]
    Damage 3- [roll9]+[roll10]+[roll11]
    Your blades manage to trim some of the smaller twigs, further scaring up its bark.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Shadowmind View Post
    Kreuz Flamefist feels the impact of the tree lessened as a psionic barrier of silver sands took some of the impact. While they appeared to not be outnumbered(yet) it was still important for to end the fight quickly to the group may figure out what is going on.

Lovey Eclipse of the Starless Night sents another psionic pulse, and her allies fill invigorated and encouraged by her telepathic cheer.

The kitsune mutt holds out her hands as the sands as the buring sands in her hands coalesces into a dull's glowing scimitar. Her eyes glare with a strange light as she looks toward the flaming tree.

Clipsy Luv smirks, Distance holds no meaning to the kingdom of the Radiant Goddess," she makes two quick strikes with her scimitar seemingly towards no target. As she motions with the blade sands as black as the void appear in front of the half-giant and echo the cutting motions of the blade.

Spoiler: Mechanics/roll
    Show

Free action on the Tree's turn: Redirects 15 points of damage from Kreuz to herself, spends 3 point points to reduce this by 12.
    Free action at start of her turn: Spend 1 pp. Pulse. Inspire Courage. All members of the collective get +2 competence bonus to attack and damage for 1 round.
    Swift action: Armory of the Sleeping Goddess, creating a +3 Scimitar for 8 rounds. Triggers Radiant Sunlight, healing for 8 hp. Using Collective healing for 3 directed at herself, and Kreuz heals for 5.
    Move Action: Unwilling Participant on the fire that is on Fire. DC 20 Will Save.
    Standard Action: Vassalage: Rapid Strike using Xavier as point of origin, attacking the flaming tree BB-22.

Attack Roll 1: (If the tree fails the will save, add +2)
    +13 +3(Weapon) +2(Inspire Courage), +4 Vassalage.
    [roll0]
    Damage 1:
    [roll1]

Attack Roll 2: (If the tree fails the will save, add +2)
    +13 +3(weapon), +2 Inspire Courage, +4 Vassalage.
    [roll2]
    Damage 2
    [roll3]

PP remaining:
    95/126

As a wrinkly root reaches up from the ground you manage to chop it off.
    Spoiler
    Show

It passed the will save

Quote Originally Posted by QuadraticGish View Post
    Riza glares at the suddenly moving tree attacking, her already bad mood getting worse. She unloads her massive rifle and loads in an adamantine catridge. "Eat this!" she calls out lining the barrel of the oversized rifle up to a tree. She channels arcane force into her weapon before firing, and reloading repeatedly at an extraordinary speed, firing a flurry of arcane enhanced bullets at two of the trees.

Show

Relevant buffs right before Flurry

Attack Buff: +6=+2(Sense, Insight), +2(SequenceL4), +2(Inspire Courage, competence)
    Damage: +13=+3(Sequence), +2(Inspire courage), +8(Destructive Edge, Force)

Actions
    Riza uses Abandon Focus, losing one martial focus to gain a link as a free action(L5, one martial focus left)
    Riza uses Deliberate Load as a move action to load in an adamantine cartridge gaining another link(L6)
    Riza uses a swift action to change her imbuement to Destructive Edge(+8 Force damage)
    Riza activates the finisher Flurry. She fires 3 shots each at Tree AX19 and Tree BC19 at full BAB. Thanks to Ceaseless Ammo, no bullets are consumed.

Tree AX20
    [roll0] [roll1]
    [roll2] [roll3]
    [roll4] [roll5]

Tree BC23
    [roll6] [roll7]
    [roll8] [roll9]
    [roll10] [roll11]

Riza's sequence ends.(New one may begin if she kills one and it possess a CR=>4 or if a crit confirms.)
    Your bullets embed themselves deeply into the tree trunks causing a glistening sap to slowly bleed forth. The tree at AX20 groans painfully like old floorboards under a hefty load.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus one View Post
    Aaust, alarmed at the near miss stepped back hopefully out of reach and responded with rapid attacks with the weapons he is still holding.
    Spoiler
    Show

move 5 foot to AW,23 (melee weapon has reach)
    Swift action greater deadly focus, attack +3, damage +16
    Power attack, attack -3, damage +6
    Moonshine Stupor (Ex) four rounds
    (Damage 1D10+33, attack +18/+18/+15/+13/+13/+10)

[roll0] attack
    [roll1] dmg

[roll2]
    [roll3]

[roll4]
    [roll5]

[roll6]
    [roll7]

[roll8]
    [roll9]

[roll10]
    [roll11]

Plus Shadow talent, Bleeding attack. 1 point of Damage per Damage dice per round until healed.
    Plus Hammer the gap. I don’t think I’ve seen this used in melee but worth a try.
    While still firmly planted in the ground, the tree's branches quickly become inanimate. Just as you think this tree will be doomed to bleed out and rot here, you see it begin to wither at an alarming pace, as if all it's remaining vitality and life energy were being absorbed back into the forest as a whole to nurture other plants. You see it's green leaves turn brown and fall off all at once, disintegrating before they even reach the ground. You see it's limbs, trunk, and even roots shrinking and cracking before falling apart and likewise disintegrating. Before you know it it's as if there was never a tree, or even any vegetation at all here.
    Xavier was on the verge of apologizing to the trees before they attacked. He stays in his Combat Stance and Begins attacking the trees.

Show

I assume if I just came out of combat I'm in my combat stance? (Pugulist Stance)

Fear the Reaper on Arcane which Negates the attack and Makes the Tree shaken if my intimidate roll passes [roll0]

Then I activate Broken Blade Riposte which allows me to make an attack at +3d6 damage and push the tree back 5 feet.
    Show

Show

[roll1]: Attack
    [roll2]: Normal Damage
    [roll3]: Additional Riposte Damage
    [roll4]: Damage from Stance (If Allowed)

Show

[roll5]: Attack
    [roll6]: Normal Damage
    [roll7]: Damage from Stance (If Allowed)

My turn I activate
    I attack the Largest Tree or if that's dead the other tree (If both trees are dead I don't take any actions)

Show

[roll8]: Attack
    [roll9]: Normal Damage
    [roll10]: Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    [roll11]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Show

[roll12]: Attack
    [roll13]: Normal Damage
    [roll14]: Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    [roll15]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Show

[roll16]: Attack
    [roll17]: Normal Damage
    [roll18]: Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    [roll19]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Finally if I have anybody in my collective I use a move action to Aid Another them. This gives me back 3 Manuevers from Zealot and It also gives the +4 (+2 normally and +2 from Zeal) bonus to everyone within 30 feet of them.
    Aid Another: [roll20] (This would be a melee attack roll right?)

Spoiler
    Show
    Aye, y'er still in your stance.

Show

Fear the Reaper on Arcane which Negates the attack and Makes the Tree shaken if my intimidate roll passes [roll0]

Show

Show

[roll1]: Attack
    [roll2]: Normal Damage
    [roll3]: Additional Riposte Damage
    [roll4]: Damage from Stance (If Allowed)

Show

[roll5]: Attack
    [roll6]: Normal Damage
    [roll7]: Damage from Stance (If Allowed)

My turn I activate

Show

[roll8]: Attack
    [roll9]: Normal Damage
    [roll10]: Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    [roll11]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Show

[roll12]: Attack
    [roll13]: Normal Damage
    [roll14]: Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    [roll15]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Show

[roll16]: Attack
    [roll17]: Normal Damage
    [roll18]: Additional Damage from Iron Knuckle and Steel Flurry
    [roll19]: Damage if I'm in Pugilist Stance

Aid Another: [roll20] (This would be a melee attack roll right?)

Your counters seemed to have it on the ropes, and with your continued pummeling this tree likewise decays at an accelerated pace.
    Last edited by drack; 2018-03-25 at 09:36 AM.

21. - Top - End - #21
    Ogre in the Playground

Oh, so the others get to kill the trees before me? Unfair! Ividrion says, slightly annoyed.

Show
    Move Action: charge up Psychic Strike.
    Standard Action: initiate Persecution.
    Attack (Power Attack+Furious Focus): (1d20+20)[33]
    Damage: (1d10+16)[17]+(1d6)[1]+(1d4)[4]+(2d6)[5]. Use Vampiric Blade to reduce Psychic Strike damage by half, and heal that amount.
    Swift Action: Claim the tree. Recover Persecution.

22. - Top - End - #22
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, so the others get to kill the trees before me? Unfair! Ividrion says, slightly annoyed.

Show
    Move Action: charge up Psychic Strike.
    Standard Action: initiate Persecution.
    Attack (Power Attack+Furious Focus): [roll0]
    Damage: [roll1]+[roll2]+[roll3]+[roll4]. Use Vampiric Blade to reduce Psychic Strike damage by half, and heal that amount.
    Swift Action: Claim the tree. Recover Persecution.
    OOC
    Spoiler
    Show

Still round 2, just showing who's dead so that folks who have yet to go don't end up attacking dead things...

23. - Top - End - #23
    Barbarian in the Playground

Kreuz is pissed. Not so much because he got hit in the face, because that's just a standard part of his daily routine, but because someone else broke it before he could return the favour. Did they think he couldn't take it or something? Well, he'd show them just how awesome he was!

Kicking off the still smouldering corpse, he leaps towards the one still twitching, flames blazing a blue trail behind him, as he hammers into the tree with a barrage of blows.

Show

Swift action: Iron Knuckle (+4d6 damage with unarmed attacks for turn)
    Action: Steel flurry strike (3 attacks at -2 to hit but +3d6 damage)
    Free actions: Spend 4 tension to add +4 to hit and damage
    Empower Kinetic fist infusion for 1 burn (3 burn total with powerful blueflame)
    To hit: (1d20+15)[30] (1d20+15)[26] (1d20+15)[23]

(1d10+4)[12] + (7d6)[22] + 4 bludgeoning + (3d8+1)[12] × 1.5 fire damage

(1d10+4)[5] + (7d6)[29] + 4 bludgeoning + (3d8+1)[11] × 1.5 fire damage

(1d10+4)[9] + (7d6)[26] + 4 bludgeoning + (3d8+1)[13] × 1.5 fire damage

Last edited by kjelfalconer; 2018-03-25 at 08:36 AM.

24. - Top - End - #24
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by kjelfalconer View Post
    Kreuz is pissed. Not so much because he got hit in the face, because that's just a standard part of his daily routine, but because someone else broke it before he could return the favour. Did they think he couldn't take it or something? Well, he'd show them just how awesome he was!

Kicking off the still smouldering corpse, he leaps towards the one still twitching, flames blazing a blue trail behind him, as he hammers into the tree with a barrage of blows.

Show

Swift action: Iron Knuckle (+4d6 damage with unarmed attacks for turn)
    Action: Steel flurry strike (3 attacks at -2 to hit but +3d6 damage)
    Free actions: Spend 4 tension to add +4 to hit and damage
    Empower Kinetic fist infusion for 1 burn (3 burn total with powerful blueflame)
    To hit: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2]

[roll3] + [roll4] + 4 bludgeoning + [roll5] × 1.5 fire damage

[roll6] + [roll7] + 4 bludgeoning + [roll8] × 1.5 fire damage

[roll9] + [roll10] + 4 bludgeoning + [roll11] × 1.5 fire damage

The last of the three trees is blown apart by your punches, scattering twigs and even full branches across the ground, but they too similarly wither.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Whose who have yet to act in round 2 may act or pass as they wish.

25. - Top - End - #25

MindFlayer

He'd just started to feel a little foolish for his outburst when his paranoia was vindicated by the very vegetation unequivocally coming to life and attacking. Whether they would have attacked if not attacked first was a matter to moan about another time. As ever, though, his allies appeared to have made short work of the threat, such that he's left peering around himself at the other trees that seemed to shiver in the sunlight. He takes a brief moment to center himself, bleeding off some of the psychic punishment he'd taken in Ividrion's place, before he surveys the surrounding trees with fresh new eyes. "All right," he mutters half to himself, "now just where are we and what the hell are these trees?"

Show
    AC 38 (total defense), HP 96/96, PP 91/95
    Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +11
    Spoiler: Active Buffs/Defenses/Modes
    Show
    Buff Source Duration Effect
    Pesilence Cloak Teem Permanent (D) 50% concealment vs. all attacks; attacker gets Will DC 22 to ignore (mind-affecting, phantasm); 25 ft fly (clumsy)
    Vermin Foci Teem 7 Minutes remaining Beetle (+4 Natural Armor), Worm (Fast Healing 2, 50% fortification)
    Black Seraph's Glare/Style Teem Stance/Style, permanent until changed Free action Intimidate vs. damaged foes, +2 profane AC/saves vs. foes with fear conditions
    Inspire Courage Luv Clipsy 1 round +2 competence attack/damage

ATTN: TheArcaneCaster: As a free action on the enemies' turn, Teem redirected 16 damage taken by Ividrion to himself, spending 4 pp to reduce the damage to 0. Ividrion takes the remaining 1 damage.
    ATTN: The Shadowmind: Teem and Queen both currently have Fast Healing 2 and are not injured, so Clipsy may redirect that healing to other members of the party who might need it more.

As a standard action, Teem assumes Total Defense (+4 dodge AC, +1 for >3 ranks in Acrobatics) in order to regain his martial focus.

As a move action, Teem uses Aid Another on himself to give himself a +2 to Perception (cannot fail the roll, so did not roll), as well as to recover the maneuver spent last round.

As a swift action, Teem uses the Scout ability to study the dead tree for weaknesses or lack thereof, gaining information about any DR, hardness, vulnerabilities, immunities, or resistances it has as though he had succeeded at a Knowledge check, but not gaining other info (such as offensive abilities). Perception - (1d20+19)[24]

Queen hovers nearby and renews her readied attack vs. anything that strikes at Teem. Attack (1d20+11)[12], Damage (2d6+7)[11] plus Poison DC 15.
    Last edited by Da'Shain; 2018-03-25 at 08:52 PM.

26. - Top - End - #26
    Ettin in the Playground

Virga watched from above watching the crazy people down below attacking the trees. Sure, the trees did kind of attack, but they were just trees. She scans the forest looking for something more threatening that some wood that the rest of the party was easily taking care of already.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

(1d20+14)[32] perception

27. - Top - End - #27
    Dwarf in the Playground

Flumph

where are we?

Looking around Aaust tries to get any idea of where they are. The trees alone should limit the possibility’s though the suns position should be useful if they are at least on the same plain as they started. He kneels for a second and checks the negligible undergrowth, stands and scuffs the ground under foot. The trees hinder attempts to see any distance, even tall landmarks but it’s worth at least trying.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20-3)[7] knowledge nature
    (1d20-3)[12] knowledge plains
    (1d20-3)[3] Knowledge geography

28. - Top - End - #28
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Triskavanski View Post
    Virga watched from above watching the crazy people down below attacking the trees. Sure, the trees did kind of attack, but they were just trees. She scans the forest looking for something more threatening that some wood that the rest of the party was easily taking care of already.

Spoiler: ooc
    Show

(1d20+17)[35] perception
    Spoiler
    Show

Your keen eyes sweep over the forest catching sight of any number of twitching vines, shrubs, trees, flowers, blades of grass, and even floating spores which seem to have some unnatural control over their flight. The whole of it's rather uncanny and perhaps even unsettling, but the only things directly attacking your party seem to be the trees themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Plus one View Post
    where are we?

Looking around Aaust tries to get any idea of where they are. The trees alone should limit the possibility’s though the suns position should be useful if they are at least on the same plain as they started. He kneels for a second and checks the negligible undergrowth, stands and scuffs the ground under foot. The trees hinder attempts to see any distance, even tall landmarks but it’s worth at least trying.
    Spoiler
    Show

(1d20+17)[35] knowledge nature
    (2d6+9)[19] knowledge plains
    (1d20+17)[36] Knowledge geography
    Spoiler
    Show

Ordinary gravity (maybe directional or some schinanigry, but seems ordinary so far)
    normal time (Probably... it's hard to tell when you're standing in it like this unless you have a deeper background in planer mechanics...)
    size unknown
    alterable morphic
    normal magic (?)
    All in all, it seems like the material plane. All this weird plant stuff is making you wonder if there might be a slightly different magic trait or something, but there's nothing conclusive.

Alignment of the celestial bodies tells you you're on another plane, but not one you can readily recall hearing of. Alas, to be sure of the angle of the sun's orbit, you'd need to stare at it long enough to see it's path of movement, else you're only really able to see how high it is in the sky, the best reference would be the shift in zenith which'd give you that you're either on a different plane or jilted in time. (Time schinanigry in Drack's games is limited to some extent. There's no teleporting through time to go to the past. PLOT might, might, might bypass this sometimes, but generally it won't...)

Before the remains of the trees even have a chance to settle, three more begin to move against you, one lashing at Risa with it's branches, whilst the other two uproot themselves, clearly intending to walk over to you.
    Spoiler
    Show

Round 3

Attacks on Risa
    (1d20+17)[35] for (2d6+9)[19] damage
    (1d20+17)[36] for (2d6+9)[14] damage
    Crit confirmation roll 36
    Last edited by drack; 2018-03-31 at 09:25 AM.

29. - Top - End - #29
    Ogre in the Playground

More trees? Come on! Ividrion yells as another three trees uproot themselves. Don’t bother coming over to me! I’ll come to you!

Show
    In chronological order:
    Move Action: gain psionic focus
    Swift Action: change stance to Touch of the Witch. Enemies hit with a melee attack are Cursed for 7 rounds.
    Standard Action: Manifest Fading Strike. Teleport to BD 23 and attack the adjacent tree, wielding my Mind Blade in two hands.
    Attack (with Power Attack+Furious Focus): (1d20+19)[23]
    Damage: (1d10+22)[26]+(1d4)[1]

30. - Top - End - #30
    Ogre in the Playground

Xavier feels Fey Magic afoot. He immediately kneels to the trees an says,
    "Oh mighty tree spirits. I apologize for my sin of harming these trees. I apologize for my comrades as well. Is there anything we may do to make amends?"

Spoiler
    Show

Immediate action to defend one of the trees with my Fear the Reaper. I attempt to block arcanes attack.
    (1d20+13)[32]: Intimidate
    Move action to get it back. +4 on the trees.
    Ready action to initiate a maneuver if the tree hits me.
    Diplomacy(if needed): (1d20+13)[29]
    Games that I am in