New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 5 of 48 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #121
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Storm on the Horizon

Bendron swings his halberd down in a mighty arc, aiming for the neck of the Niorū on the ground.

Spoiler: Bendron's attack
    Show
    (1d20+8)[23]

The other Niorū have had time to react at this point, and rush forward uttering loud warcries.

Spoiler: Ambience
    Show

Spoiler: Bendron's damage
    Show
    (1d10+6)[14]

Bendron swings his halberd with fatal accuracy, cleanly severing the savage's head from his body. Blood spurts out of the arteries at a regular pace as the heart continues to beat, but soon the heart stops and the blood merely oozes from the neck stump in sickening mundanity.

The fire begins to hiss as the collective flood of blood seeps into the coals. A foul stench fills the air as acrid black smoke billows up from the fire. The metallic smell of blood mixes with the putrid odor of the organs from Chadwick's halved Niorū carcass.

The savages begin to ready themselves for battle, turning toward the party and readying their weapons.

Spoiler: Initiative Order
    Show
    1) Demryon
    2) Bendron
    3) Shortspear Niorū 1
    4) Gideon
    5) Handaxe Niorū
    6) Seamus
    7) Shortspear Niorū 2
    8) Lou
    9) Chadwick
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-03-28 at 01:17 AM.
    ...And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, from this day until the ending of the world, but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile this day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, whiles any speaks that fought with us upon St. Crispin's Day!

2. - Top - End - #122
    Halfling in the Playground

Demryon immediately knocks another arrow, once again aiming for the Niorū holding the handaxe.

3. - Top - End - #123

Spoiler: Demryon attack
    Show
    (1d20+8)[12]

Demryon releases his arrow at the same target he hit before, determined to take his life, but barely misses. The arrow zips by the savage's head, whistling away between the trees into the darkness behind him.

Spoiler: OoC
    Show
    Bendron's turn.
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-03-28 at 01:08 AM.
    ...And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, from this day until the ending of the world, but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile this day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, whiles any speaks that fought with us upon St. Crispin's Day!

4. - Top - End - #124
    Orc in the Playground

Bendron repositions himself between the nearest unharmed enemy and the group, using the momentum from his movement to drive the halberd like a spear into his foe.

5. - Top - End - #125

Bendron slices through the air with his halberd at one of the Niorū holding a spear.

Spoiler: Halberd
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[17]
    Damage: (1d10+6)[7]

And the blade digs deep into the thigh of the savage, who cries out in pain. The Niorū is hardly able to move and is severely weakened, but he stabs back at Bendron with his shortspear.

Spoiler: Shortspear
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+1)[18]
    Damage: (1d6+2)[5]

The spear pierces Bendron in the thigh, right where he had hit the Niorū. Bendron grunts in pain.
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-03-28 at 06:11 PM.

6. - Top - End - #126
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gideon leaps forward with a yell, hacking at the Niorū who just attacked Bendron.

Spoiler: Greatsword
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+7)[20]
    Damage: (2d6+6)[12]

7. - Top - End - #127

Gideon's sword sinks deep into the chest cavity of the spear wielding Niorū, killing him instantly. As that savage drops to the ground, the one holding the axe jumps into the fray and attacks Gideon.

Spoiler: Handaxe
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+1)[21]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[7]

8. - Top - End - #128

Spoiler: Handaxe Critical damage
    Show
    (3d6+3)[15]

The savage sinks his axe deep into Gideon's shoulder, causing the hulking barbarian to cry out in pain.

9. - Top - End - #129

Seamus stands up straight and faces the Nioru with the handaxe. Closing his eyes, he outstretches his hand and make his fingers like a claw. Suddenly, a ball of fireball forms in his palm, and he launches it at his foe.

Spoiler: Flaming Sphere
    Show
    Damage:(2d6)[7]

10. - Top - End - #130

Spoiler: Niorū reflex save
    Show
    DC to beat: 16
    (1d20+3)[6]

The ball of fire rolls into the savage, searing his flesh and causing him to scream in pain as he leaps back from the flames. He is still alive but severely burned. As smoke wafts off his body, the smell of charred flesh mixes with the smell of fresh internal organs that is already in the air.

The surviving shortspear Niorū lunges at Seamus, spurred to action by the lingering ball of fire that floats menacingly in the midst of the clearing.

Spoiler: Shortspear
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+2)[15]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[6]

The spear barely misses Seamus' small frame, coming dangerously close but leaving him unharmed. Lou snarls and lunges at him, snapping at his spear hand.

Spoiler: Bite
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+3)[14]
    Damage: (1d6+1)[5]

Lou's fangs sever the savage's radial artery and he drops to the ground, whimpering as he bleeds out.

Spoiler: Initiative
    Show
    1) Demryon
    2) Bendron
    3) Shortspear Niorū 1
    4) Gideon
    5) Handaxe Niorū
    6) Seamus
    7) Shortspear Niorū 2
    8) Lou
    9) Chadwick

The final Niorū, seeing the quick work made of his comrades, takes one last look at the party, turns tail, and sprints into the night, shouting in a language nobody recognizes.
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-03-28 at 09:39 PM.

11. - Top - End - #131

Gideon puts his sword through the wounded savages mouth then gets down on a knee and punches the dead man in the mouth with all his might, muttering something in his native tongue, then proceeds to extract the teeth from the corpse and pocketing them. Getting up he clutches his chest and leans on his sword. "Either someone needs to kill him or we have to move NOW!"
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-03-28 at 09:47 PM.

12. - Top - End - #132

Demryon locks his gaze on the fleeing Nioru. He looses an arrow, aimed at the back of his cowardly foe.

13. - Top - End - #133

Demryon and Seamus act almost simultaneously, Demryon releasing his arrow a fraction of a second before Seamus hurls the swirling ball of flame after the savage.

Spoiler: Longbow
    Show
    Attack: (1d20+8)[27]
    Damage: (1d8)[8]

Demryon's arrow catches the feeling Niorū directly in the back of the neck and he drops to the ground without a sound. A half second later, Seamus' sphere of fire reaches the spot and hovers over the motionless body, illuminating it enough that the party can see that the Niorū is good and dead. Blood pours slowly from the place where the arrow is deeply embedded in the spine.

The familiar ebb of adrenaline hits the party as they realize the savages are all dead. The clearing is a scene of absolute carnage; there is not an inch of ground in the clearing that isn't slippery with puddles of blood.
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-03-28 at 09:55 PM.

14. - Top - End - #134

Seamus hangs his head in disappointment. He failed to slay a foe. "Well, anyway," he perks up, "we need to get out of here now before more of those things come back!"
    Last edited by ButcherDawg; 2018-03-28 at 10:01 PM.

15. - Top - End - #135
    Orc in the Playground

"All right then. Back on me, and lets get out of here." Bendron heads towards the edge of camp, pointed away from the cave and back into the night.
    Last edited by Graehamkracker; 2018-03-28 at 10:08 PM.

16. - Top - End - #136
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Wait just a damn second." Chadwick pauses to wipe the blood off his hands and face. He closes his eyes and mutters a prayer under his breath. Still with his eyes closed he addresses Gideon, "Still defiling the dead, I see. Thought you would have grown out of that." Chadwick walks over and lays his hands on Gideon's forehead. He does the same to Bendron.

Spoiler: Lay on Hands
    Show
    I suppose it's obvious but I healed him, 10 points to Gideon, 5 to Bendron.
    Last edited by RealZachKraus; 2018-03-28 at 10:45 PM.

17. - Top - End - #137

Chadwick approaches Gideon and wordlessly places his hands on the wound in Gideon's shoulder. A pale light briefly glows from Chadwick's palms, and when he removes them the wound is closed up.

Chadwick turns to Bendron and offers the same treatment, placing his hands on Bendron's thigh in a completely nonsexual way. Once more the pale light glows dimly and when Chadwick removes his hands, Bendron's wound is nothing more than scar tissue.

Bendron, fully recovered, offers his hand to Gideon. The party once again forms their train and heads into the night, away from the scene of carnage.

18. - Top - End - #138

As Gideon follows the dwarf he looks to the horizon to see when dawn would break, "Trophies Of battle, brother. These that we slew were little better then animals anyway."

19. - Top - End - #139
    Dwarf in the Playground

"No matter how vile and twisted, at death they're humans no different than us." The Paladin chuckled, "besides, it's no way for the future chief to behave!"

20. - Top - End - #140

"Future chief of what?" Gideon spat back, clearly his comrade had struck a nerve.

21. - Top - End - #141
    Orc in the Playground

"How did you two come to be such the merry pair anyhow?"
    Last edited by Graehamkracker; 2018-03-28 at 11:07 PM.

22. - Top - End - #142
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chadwick, taken aback by the question, paused awkwardly. Then a look of horror spread across his face. "What are you doing so far North anyway? I was on my way to see you and didn't expect to run into you so soon."

23. - Top - End - #143

"Everyone shut your focking gobs til we can find a place to camp. And stop holding my focking hand." growls Gideon, ripping his hand away from the dwarf and pushing past him into the night.

24. - Top - End - #144

Gideon, walking in the dark and unable to see, almost immediately trips over a tree root and faceplants. The group pauses, uncertain how to proceed for the time being.

25. - Top - End - #145
    Orc in the Playground

Bendron does not pause. But he does slow down a little so the brute has a chance to catch up.
    Last edited by Graehamkracker; 2018-03-28 at 11:14 PM.

26. - Top - End - #146

Bendron continues moving forward, but the group is now in disarray. Everyone behind Gideon is blind and feeling their way about in the dark, Gideon having broken the chain.

27. - Top - End - #147

Gideon sits with his back against the tree that tripped him and curses in Ul Vadr.

28. - Top - End - #148

Demryon lets out a chuckle at the sound of Gideon's not so graceful fall, then remains still until the group can reform.
    Last edited by BeefyChickens; 2018-03-28 at 11:36 PM.

29. - Top - End - #149
    Orc in the Playground

"Get up, you oaf. We need to keep moving." Bendron turns and returns to the group and tries to get them all sorted before continuing. "Come on, come on."
    Last edited by Graehamkracker; 2018-03-28 at 11:22 PM.

30. - Top - End - #150

"I'm sorry, c'mon you lot. Let's form up with the dwarf, Bendron, speak so we can find you."