New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 9 of 48 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [IC] The Storm on the Horizon

The barmaid's supplicating tone disappears as everyone ignores her. "Who's paying?" she asks loudly in a flat tone.
    ...And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, from this day until the ending of the world, but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile this day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, whiles any speaks that fought with us upon St. Crispin's Day!

2. - Top - End - #242
    Halfling in the Playground

A wooden thud sounds as Seamus sets down the suddenly empty mug onto the bar. His chin and neck glisten as the front of his shirt looks soaked in beer. His eyes bug out briefly in astonishment before he trains his ears back to the conversation.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Dwarf in the Playground

"Alright slow down there kid." Chad snatches the glass away and waves off the wench. "Who's got this round, my wallet's in my other greaves."

4. - Top - End - #244
    Dwarf in the Playground

Chadwick looks around expectantly. "Anyone? Anyone? Damn, tough pub." He reaches into his pack, pulls out a few coins and sets them on the bar, taking another swig from the flask Gideon hadn't asked to be returned.

5. - Top - End - #245

"I am very hungry now." Seamus waves down the barmaid. "Have you any mutton? I am peckish at least."

6. - Top - End - #246
    Orc in the Playground

"Demryon, what brought you out here by yourself?"

7. - Top - End - #247
    Barbarian in the Playground

Gideon nods his thanks to Chad for buying the round. Then procedes to continue drinking from the unattended mugs of ale on the table in front of him.
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 10:17 AM.

8. - Top - End - #248

"Oh, so... You're staying then?" says the barmaid, with an ostenible look of pleasant surprise. "Oh. Right then."

She returns to bar and continues to wipe the same mug, though with the rag she's using, it might very well be making the mug dirtier. She doesn't seem to hear Seamus' request.
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-04-01 at 03:28 PM.
    ...And Crispin Crispian shall ne'er go by, from this day until the ending of the world, but we in it shall be remembered. We few, we happy few, we band of brothers. For he today that sheds his blood with me shall be my brother, be he ne'er so vile this day shall gentle his condition. And gentlemen in England now abed shall think themselves accursed they were not here, and hold their manhoods cheap, whiles any speaks that fought with us upon St. Crispin's Day!

9. - Top - End - #249

"Well Bendron, home brings me here, duty bring me here. I look around at my current company and see just what I've been searching for. There's a reason I am wanting to head south to Farindahl, so I suppose I'll get straight to the point. I need your help..." he looks all of them in the eyes solemnly.

"My home was sacked; my father, Duke Demory, was slain amidst the chaos of that awful day...that bastard, who took my fathers life now sits where my father had for so long." Demryon clenches his fist "The survivors and I attacked several of their encampments for weeks, slowly weakening his force in hopes of taking back our beloved home, but just a short while ago we were found, some were slain while they slept, others captured. I alone was able to evade those foul orcs. I would kill them all myself but I'm just one man... I can't abandon my men."

"I will have no choice but to move on if you cannot help me, but I offer a handsome reward to those who will help me take back Farindahl... I realize this is a lot to put onto yuh... but at least give it some thought gentlemen."
    Last edited by BeefyChickens; 2018-04-01 at 10:58 AM.

10. - Top - End - #250

Gideon finishes his fourth pint in almost as many minutes. He wipes his mouth and leans haphazardly back in his seat, looking at Demryon, "Fock orcs, focking filthy focks. Fock 'em. Elves are ugly, to be sure." he says with a wink, "But orcs have been put on this earth to be slaughtered." He picks up another mug and raises it towards the elf, then brings it to his lips and mutters,
    Spoiler: Anyone who speaks Ul Vadr
    Show
    "In my humble opinion."
    Then, after downing his drink, in a slightly louder voice, with his attention turned seemingly towards the barmaid,
    Show
    "You are the ugliest focking woman I have ever seen, it's no wonder you have no patrons!"
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 10:21 AM.

11. - Top - End - #251

The barmaid glances up at the sound of Gideon's call. She doesn't understand the language, but makes an assumption. "More beer?" she asks quizzically, pausing her perpetual wiping of the mug in her hands.
    Last edited by Dragodar; 2018-04-01 at 11:05 AM.

12. - Top - End - #252

Show
    "There's no amount of alcohol in this world that would ever make you attractive, wench!"
    Then switching back to the common tongue, "Sure thing, love! This one's on the house though right?"
    Show
    "Because we may actually be drinking literal poison right now, I can't be sure, tastes like horse piss."
    he laughs then motions for his flask back from Chadwick.
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 11:10 AM.

13. - Top - End - #253

"Can't do that, mate. Not my ale to give away." The barmaid returns to the bar and begins filling five more mugs.

14. - Top - End - #254

"So you don't brew this yourself then? Who does? And just make it two, not five. These two aren't drinkin' it seems." he calls, motioning to Bendron and Demryon
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 12:13 PM.

15. - Top - End - #255
    Orc in the Playground

"Seems like the two of you have pretty similar plights. But what makes you think that you're yet ready to make your claim? Or that the folk you claim would accept you if you were to win?"

16. - Top - End - #256

Seamus, realizing the barmaid has completely ignored him, lifts an empty fist and mimes his teeth into a mouthful of imaginary mutton and smiles sarcastically as he chews air.

17. - Top - End - #257

"Whether or not I am accepted is irrelevant. However I believe I'll be accepted with much gratitude. My aim is not to stake my claim to anything but my people's freedom."
    Last edited by BeefyChickens; 2018-04-01 at 03:29 PM.

18. - Top - End - #258

Seamus joyfully finishing the imaginary mutton and begins licking the airy taste off his fingers. Then smiles and slides his imaginary, empty mutton plate off to the side and slides another imaginary plate in front of him: the second course--soup.

19. - Top - End - #259

"Huh? Oh, so you were paying attention earlier. Well to tell you the truth I don't know. But Genji is responsible for the death of my family and my exile. One way or another he must die by my hand. I must get in touch with my kin living in Keveyr to know whether or not my return would be welcomed or scorned by the tribe. My father was loved, I was also loved by them at one point. Once a Son of the Ul, always a Son of the Ul." he pauses and looks at Seamus,"For the love of Kord woman will you feed this boy!" he calls to the barmaid.
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 03:23 PM.

20. - Top - End - #260

The barmaid starts at Gideon's shout and rushes over with a large loaf of hard bread and a bowl of salted pretzels. "We don't serve food here, just drink snacks." She sets the hunk of bread and the bowl on the table along with two more mugs of ale.

21. - Top - End - #261

Show
    "Fat, lazy betch."
    Gideon then picks up one of the two mugs and begins sipping on it. But he can't take it anymore. He calls the barmaid, look her directly in the eyes and begins pouring the ale on the floor,"This wouldn't even pass as beer for Muors. You should be ashamed to serve this swill." he says as he drops the mug on the floor and starts heading towards the door, taking another pull from his flask, then tossing it in Chadwick's direction.
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 05:38 PM.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Orc in the Playground

"All these new cities. Does anyone have a map and any idea of where we are? I see no reason that we may not help you both so long as your peoples do want your aid, but we cannot have two missions at once. Lad, I know you and Lou seem to have your own missive, but our meeting may have been fortuitous. She seems quite happy here."
    Last edited by Graehamkracker; 2018-04-01 at 03:57 PM.

23. - Top - End - #263

Gideon makes a 180 and sits down to give his two cents. Pulling out a map, he takes a few seconds to study it, then let's out a great, long, borderline sarcastic sigh (as if to say 'Fock, I'm about to offer my services to an elf.'), "My standing price has 5 gold per week, elf. I'm not changing it, unless you want to work something out in advance. But I sympathize with your plight, and I'm very sorry about your father. Farindahl is close. Let's go hunt some orc."

24. - Top - End - #264

"I offer my most sincere gratitude, Gideon... I don't keep that kind of coin on my person, but I will gladly fulfill that pay rate once we've taken Farindahl." says Demryon, offering his hand.
    Last edited by BeefyChickens; 2018-04-01 at 05:54 PM.

25. - Top - End - #265

Gideon pauses a second. He purses his lips and sighs. He looks at Demryon, then up at the ceiling
    Show
    "Jacen, watch over me, forgive me for working with an elf, but I sympathize with his plight, as it is the same as mine. All I do, I do in your name father."
    switching seamlessly back into common, "Aye, my pleasure." and shakes the elf's hand.
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 04:46 PM.

26. - Top - End - #266

Seamus grabs a handful of pretzels and jumps down from the bar stool. About to snarf it all down, he spots Lou in the corner of his eye, lying with her head on the floor and looking up at him pathetically. Seamus sighs and throws half of the pretzels on the floor before here snout. The rest, he shoves into his mouth and eats. With a mouthful, he replies to Bendron, "I suppose I could stay longer on your quest."
    Last edited by ButcherDawg; 2018-04-01 at 05:04 PM.

27. - Top - End - #267
    Orc in the Playground

"Sounds that we are decided then, so long as we have been played true. May be time to head to a more suitable roof for rest and merriment before we head out."
    Last edited by Graehamkracker; 2018-04-01 at 05:38 PM.

28. - Top - End - #268

"You have a good head on your shoulders, dwarf. I couldn't agree more, fock this place. I for one don't need a roof above my head, but an actual bed would be a welcomed change."

29. - Top - End - #269

"Sure beats a cave floor, aye, Bendron?" Demryon says with a chuckle.
    Last edited by BeefyChickens; 2018-04-01 at 05:58 PM.

30. - Top - End - #270

Gideon laughs and nods,
    Show
    "Good one"
    Then in common, "I'm sure his kind find rocks as comfy as we find feather beds. At least that's what I heard." With that, he gets up from the table and heads toward the door, "So, shall we find...an inn? Is that what you call it?"

Spoiler: All
    Show
    Ul Vadr are a nomadic people, the concept of a hotel is relatively foreign.
    Last edited by Nightwing32193; 2018-04-01 at 06:07 PM.