The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 7 of 41 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: In Nomine: Los Angeles (OOC)

Also.....Page 64 of the Rule book has basic combat modifiers:

Surprise is +1 for melee, 0 for Ranged
    Rear Attack is +1 for melee, 0 for ranged

These are for attack rolls, not damage unfortunately. Also, Surprise and Read Attacks can't be dodged.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

2. - Top - End - #182
    Ogre in the Playground

Re-rolling since I flubbed the roll IC.

(2d6)[7]
    (1d6)[4]

3. - Top - End - #183
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by seatyger View Post
    Folks, my grandmother passed away this morning. I may be a bit lethargic in responding to posts.
    My condolences as well. Take care, we'll be here when you're ready.

Thanks for the answers to my many questions guys. Learning more every day.

I'm gonna go with Co-located office and home. He'll sleep and live out of the boiler room which is most likely in the basement and leave business for the main floor. I envisioned it more like a repurposed building. Maybe it used to be a clinic, realty office, convenience store, or something along those lines with the aforementioned basement. A pawn shop would be perfect, as it probably already had barred windows, a security system, maybe even a camera or two, office, storage, and basement.
    Last edited by XIII; 2018-04-21 at 08:32 PM.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Ogre in the Playground

Corporeal Forces - 4
    Role - Lvl 4, Status 2

(3d6)[6][6][3](15)

Last edited by XIII; 2018-04-21 at 08:35 PM.

5. - Top - End - #185
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    Also.....Page 64 of the Rule book has basic combat modifiers:

Surprise is +1 for melee, 0 for Ranged
    Rear Attack is +1 for melee, 0 for ranged

These are for attack rolls, not damage unfortunately. Also, Surprise and Read Attacks can't be dodged.
    Although since it raises the TN, and above 12 does auto bonus to the check, it equates to bonuses to damage. So I did +2 damage to Lee, right?

6. - Top - End - #186
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

On my Song of Attraction last round: I realized I mighta misused the rules.

For Corporeal Song, do I need to link the item (his pants) to another item? Do the items actually have to touch, or do I just have to be touching both?
    Also, since I have rank 4, I don't actually need (or get any benefit from) using vocal or somatic components, right?

To fix it (if fix is needed), could you count it as Celestial Song or say that I didn't use vocal/somatic components while doing Corporeal and linked it to, say, my vest? I'd prefer going with Celestial, but I defer to your judgement of what's fair, DM.

I think it was I was thinking of Celestial Song at first, but then changed what I was doing, and was in a rush this morning.
    Btw, Anyr, I was rushed so I"ll reply to anything about Sarah/Serena later, hopefully tonight, maybe Monday morning.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Anyr View Post
    Fine by me.

Resonance for Selena {TN 9}: [roll0]

Edit: Success.

Edit 2: Also, what would Selena most like to trade for? I know the answer probably isn't relevant. I'm just curious.
    I sent the response to you via PM for...reasons.

8. - Top - End - #188
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by XIII View Post
    My condolences as well. Take care, we'll be here when you're ready.

Thanks for the answers to my many questions guys. Learning more every day.

I'm gonna go with Co-located office and home. He'll sleep and live out of the boiler room which is most likely in the basement and leave business for the main floor. I envisioned it more like a repurposed building. Maybe it used to be a clinic, realty office, convenience store, or something along those lines with the aforementioned basement. A pawn shop would be perfect, as it probably already had barred windows, a security system, maybe even a camera or two, office, storage, and basement.
    Sounds like a plan to me!

Corporeal Forces - 4
    Role - Lvl 4, Status 2

(3d6)[6][6][3](15)
    Well, I guess the Symphony did react to the punch. Hehe Pretty close to Infernal Intervention too. That could have been a hilariously awful moment for Khalil!

Just to clarify, is Khalil heading to meet Solomon and Jerichael? I assumed he was by the be right there comment, but I just want to make sure he doesn't plan on doing anything else in the interim or on the way.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-04-22 at 05:29 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Troll in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    For Corporeal Song, do I need to link the item (his pants) to another item?
    Yes.

Do the items actually have to touch, or do I just have to be touching both?
    You must be touching both of them. The objects don't need to touch one another.

Also, since I have rank 4, I don't actually need (or get any benefit from) using vocal or somatic components, right?
    Wrong. You still need to make a small gesture or incantation in order to perform quickly. If you use a purely mental invocation, the Song takes effect one round later than usual.

Also, I noticed that you rolled for combat damage in the same round. You can't attack and Sing simultaneously. If you want to touch an object as part of the Attraction performance, it really is just a touch.

10. - Top - End - #190
    Ogre in the Playground

Strength test to activate the Servitor Attunement of Gluttony: Devour. TN 8

(2d6)[5][5](10)
    Check Digit: (1d6)[1]

EDIT: FAIL!!!
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-04-22 at 06:48 PM.

11. - Top - End - #191
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Also, I noticed that you rolled for combat damage in the same round. You can't attack and Sing simultaneously. If you want to touch an object as part of the Attraction performance, it really is just a touch.
    From the Combat Summary on page 68, it sounds like you can Sing and physically Attack in the same round as long as your Song isn't a damaging effect: "Making a supernatural attack counts as an action for this round of combat." So it seems valid to heal, buff, grow wings/tails, etc., but not to attack like with Celestial Song of Light. I could see some songs, like Song of Charm debuffs, being unclear whether it's an attack or not.

Or is it a descriptive issue than a mechanical one? If the issue is that I tried to do the physical part of the Song via an attack, I could see re-wording it as Harry does the motions and then touches Lee's leg, but then uses that as leverage for a kick to the head.

@Eulasto: it sounds like you were fine with taking it as Celestial Song. Thanks. I'll try to be more precise and keep the rules better when Singing. Just yesterday I was really rushed and wanted to get another round in.

12. - Top - End - #192
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Gonna roll here for Song of Numinous Corpus: Tail, since success or failure rather changes the post.
    If the rules are actually that I can't sing this and attack in the same round, then ignore the Singing. Harry's winning, so he wouldn't waste a round of punching to grow a tail.

(2d6)[8] @ 7 (5+2)
    (1d6)[4]

EDIT: blast it! Oh, well, wasted Essence and more noise for nothing
    EDIT 2: the minimum Essence to cast the Song doesn't increase the TN, only bonus Essence, correct?
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-04-23 at 08:16 AM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Erulasto -- Thanks for giving me the weekend. I will be traveling home for the funeral later this week, which may reduce my ability to respond to posts Wednesday-next Monday.

That said, I'd like to get back into the action, unless you really need both Jason and Mel to continue our avenue of investigation; in the latter case, I'm willing to wait a bit longer.

14. - Top - End - #194
    Ogre in the Playground

So....I'm a thoughtless jerk.

Maybe not, but I feel bad that I didn't take into consideration whether or not there are topics that may or may not cause any of you to become uncomfortable.

Realizing that there are a number of potential conundrums that could arise given the nature of various Superiors, I thought that I'd just throw this question out as a precaution.

I've already described some rather violent things, and there are references to drugs, addiction - and knowing that there are Servants of Lust in the city - obviously some other less savory things that may come up.
    I'm not going for grotesque shock value with this game, but I do feel like I need to include some of this stuff at least in passing mention.

So, IF I have offended anyone, I apologize. If you end up being offended by something I've said or done later, then I apologize as well. Please just send me a private message with your concerns and I'll do my best to address them.

In Nomine strikes me as a game that has the potential for a lot of touchy subject material, and I'd like to represent that as best I can, but I also don't want people to not enjoy their experiences in my game.

So, that's the disclaimer that I should have spoken up about in the recruitment thread.

You have my apologies.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Ogre in the Playground

Gonna roll here for Song of Numinous Corpus: Tail, since success or failure rather changes the post.
    If the rules are actually that I can't sing this and attack in the same round, then ignore the Singing. Harry's winning, so he wouldn't waste a round of punching to grow a tail.

[roll0] @ 7 (5+2)
    [roll1]

EDIT: blast it! Oh, well, wasted Essence and more noise for nothing
    EDIT 2: the minimum Essence to cast the Song doesn't increase the TN, only bonus Essence, correct?
    You are correct with Edit 2. The base essence cost to activate doesn't affect the TN at all.

EDIT 2: I've been trying to find extra information on combat - supposedly there is an advanced combat rule section on the back of the GM Screen, which...of course....I don't have.
    I can see something like Numinous Corpus or a Song that doesn't affect someone else being something you can normally do plus attack, but something that would affect someone else being counted as a supernatural attack.

Anyr, by chance do you have access to any supporting info that I'm (presently) not able to access? My books are all on my desktop at home, and I'm posting from my work tonight. The ER is...frankly....dead, which I'm loving. Only job I can think of where not being busy is a good thing.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-04-23 at 05:56 PM.

16. - Top - End - #196
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

I've already described some rather violent things, and there are references to drugs, addiction - and knowing that there are Servants of Lust in the city - obviously some other less savory things that may come up...

...In Nomine strikes me as a game that has the potential for a lot of touchy subject material, and I'd like to represent that as best I can, but I also don't want people to not enjoy their experiences in my game.
    I expected our part in the War would be fought in the gray areas of the world, and that terrible things would happen (especially given the opposition we face). I don't feel you've been insensitive to the realities of violence and addiction, and nothing I've read has had any real "shock value."

Thanks, though, for being thoughtful about it.

17. - Top - End - #197
    Ogre in the Playground

So....I'm a thoughtless jerk.

Maybe not, but I feel bad that I didn't take into consideration whether or not there are topics that may or may not cause any of you to become uncomfortable.

Realizing that there are a number of potential conundrums that could arise given the nature of various Superiors, I thought that I'd just throw this question out as a precaution.

I've already described some rather violent things, and there are references to drugs, addiction - and knowing that there are Servants of Lust in the city - obviously some other less savory things that may come up.
    I'm not going for grotesque shock value with this game, but I do feel like I need to include some of this stuff at least in passing mention.

So, IF I have offended anyone, I apologize. If you end up being offended by something I've said or done later, then I apologize as well. Please just send me a private message with your concerns and I'll do my best to address them.

In Nomine strikes me as a game that has the potential for a lot of touchy subject material, and I'd like to represent that as best I can, but I also don't want people to not enjoy their experiences in my game.

So, that's the disclaimer that I should have spoken up about in the recruitment thread.

You have my apologies.

I think we'll be alright. It's as you said, mature subject matter is built into the game. After reading the rulebook and understanding what this game is based on, you'd have to be particularly drunk to expect things to stay PG and non-controversial. I know people that would object to this game's very existence, calling it sacrilege (I was raised Catholic. Some of the Sisters would have a stroke if they saw this). It's just a game though, one that I am particularly enjoying. And you don't strike me as the type to be gruesome for the sake of being gruesome. I look forward to the grittiness.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by seatyger View Post
    Erulasto -- Thanks for giving me the weekend. I will be traveling home for the funeral later this week, which may reduce my ability to respond to posts Wednesday-next Monday.

That said, I'd like to get back into the action, unless you really need both Jason and Mel to continue our avenue of investigation; in the latter case, I'm willing to wait a bit longer.
    I'm glad that you were able to take the time you needed, and I hope that you're doing okay!

I'll have a post drafted up for you at some point this evening. I believe Phantasm should be wrapping up with their own things today as well, so I think we should be able to proceed without too much difficulty.

19. - Top - End - #199
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

You are correct with Edit 2. The base essence cost to activate doesn't affect the TN at all.

EDIT 2: I've been trying to find extra information on combat - supposedly there is an advanced combat rule section on the back of the GM Screen, which...of course....I don't have.
    I can see something like Numinous Corpus or a Song that doesn't affect someone else being something you can normally do plus attack, but something that would affect someone else being counted as a supernatural attack.

Anyr, by chance do you have access to any supporting info that I'm (presently) not able to access? My books are all on my desktop at home, and I'm posting from my work tonight. The ER is...frankly....dead, which I'm loving. Only job I can think of where not being busy is a good thing.
    Could we assume it's valid to Sing for the time being?
    I'm going to up for an hour or two working on a programming project, and -- if you happen to still be posting while I'm working -- this could be a good side distraction.

On the "hot topics" of the game: I assumed it would contain such, and I'm pretty okay with the topics. I think the forum's general "fade to black" rules with regards to things with servitors of Lust will keep that on the savory enough end of things. I think the only big annoyance to me is stuff depicting young children, being a father of young kids myself. But as long as it doesn't get into detailed descriptions, I'm fine. Nothing thus far has bothered me.
    On the potential sacrilege angle, I think I'd also be uncomfortable having Haralambos engage in discussion on exactly what/who Jesus is/was, but his Int 2 doesn't leave him much for theological discussion. I'm fine with NPCs or PCs making comments or discussing such; this setting is far enough from my real life views that I can separate the two.

To a more pleasant topic: if you ever find my character bogging things down, I probably can set aside an hour most 9-4 Eastern time zone to be on the forum. Edit: I don't expect this would actually work out, and fine if it doesn't; just wanted to offer since my PC causes more combat than it seems most will. I post mostly at work when it isn't busy. (I just moved my computer out of the guest bedroom, so I now have nighttime access as well--but kids, grad school, and keeping the house in some order preclude much time for late night gaming.)

By the way, after the fight is done, could you summarize about how much noise we made and how far it could be heard?
    I really don't get those rules except in the vaguest details.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-04-23 at 09:32 PM.

20. - Top - End - #200
    Troll in the Playground

Yes, I do. The official FAQ clarifies that all Songs use up your combat action. If someone knows a Song well enough to forgo gestures/incantations, they can combine it with some simple activities (driving, walking, talking, etc). But attacking requires too much focus. At the GM's discretion, some Virtuosos (Celestials with ridiculous Song mastery) might be capable of Singing and striking simultaneously. But the PCs are nowhere near that level.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2018-04-23 at 09:42 PM.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Yes, I do. The official FAQ clarifies that all Songs use up your combat action. If someone knows a Song well enough to forgo gestures/incantations, they can combine it with some simple activities (driving, walking, talking, etc). But attacking requires too much focus. At the GM's discretion, some Virtuosos (Celestials with ridiculous Song mastery) might be capable of Singing and striking simultaneously. But the PCs are nowhere near that level.
    Wow -- that seems a major edit to what the core rulebook states.
    Would that also apply to things like essence-based Attunements, like Lee trying to get his bite attack via Devour?

If we're going by that FAQ rule, Harry wouldn't bother to try to do Tail. I'm fine with him having lost one round of punching to do his Attraction Song. I can't say for sure whether I would have had him to do that if I thought it'd make me lose a round of combat, but since I heard IC that Lee knows Motion songs, I can see going on the paranoid side.

(FYI: I realize that my in-person group generally disregards errata and FAQs outside the printed rulebooks as optional rules unless the rulebook is nonsensical. That bias is coming through here. I dislike that FAQ rule since it undoes some cool ideas I had for stuff to do in a fight, but I accept the rule.)

Based on this info, could I drop Corporeal Song of Healing and spend those points elsewhere? I wanted those mainly as a way to heal while fighting, should I really need it, but the utility seems to have decreased a lot. (I know it's still useful, but if I'm close enough to death that I need to heal, I'm probably going to die or shift to another vessel.) It's late, so I'm not sure whether I'd want to really trade them out or not, and I'm fine if you say no.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Troll in the Playground

If we're going by that FAQ rule, Harry wouldn't bother to try to do Tail. I'm fine with him having lost one round of punching to do his Attraction Song. I can't say for sure whether I would have had him to do that if I thought it'd make me lose a round of combat, but since I heard IC that Lee knows Motion songs, I can see going on the paranoid side.
    Keep in mind that Numinous Corpus lasts for at least an hour. And while active, its physical changes can be summoned and banished at will. So it's not really meant to be performed during the fight itself.

23. - Top - End - #203
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Keep in mind that Numinous Corpus lasts for at least an hour. And while active, its physical changes can be summoned and banished at will. So it's not really meant to be performed during the fight itself.
    That's true. I guess I just liked the idea of singing while punching, and having the tail grow to lash at the same time.

I (perhaps foolishly, given the time) wound up reading the FAQ. I found a ruling about switching vessels when under Numinous Corpus. Though it doesn't justify why, it says
    Quote Originally Posted by FAQ, Numious Corpus
    If you switch vessels, can you still make the enhancements appear and disappear within the duration of the Song?

Yes.
    Doesn't make sense to me, but I'll take it. Well, I'm off to bed.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Ogre in the Playground

Hi folks,

I apologize for not being able to do much in the way of significant posts today pertaining to the actual role-play and the game itself.

The quiet day I had assumed I was going to have was cut short by a few trauma's being airlifted in. I'm likely going to be working a double shift so while I wont get anything substantial out to you tonight, I am getting tomorrow off in lieu.

So I'll be able to get a solid response out to both IC and OOC threads.

I apologize once again for the delay.

25. - Top - End - #205
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I apologize once again for the delay.
    Thanks, but know that you're one of the most responsive PbP DMs I've ever seen. Really loving the game.

Also, based on the new info about Songs in combat, I added strikethrough to my last post to undo singing that Song of Tails.
    How far away do you need to be from a celestial to safely spend 1 Essence? If I'm in a situation like this again, I want to know if I can get a block away, cast Tails, then run back for a surprise attack without my Singing giving it all away.

26. - Top - End - #206
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll have a post drafted up for you at some point this evening. I believe Phantasm should be wrapping up with their own things today as well, so I think we should be able to proceed without too much difficulty.
    Sorry to be the one holding us up again, but I've hit a small snag. I'm not sure if we're wrapping up this scene now and heading straight to the apartment or if you want to me to delay a bit longer for seatyger's sake. If the latter, Jathiriel can finish his conversation with Mercy in private while we wait.
    Last edited by Failed Phantasm; 2018-04-24 at 03:08 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Based on this info, could I drop Corporeal Song of Healing and spend those points elsewhere? I wanted those mainly as a way to heal while fighting, should I really need it, but the utility seems to have decreased a lot. (I know it's still useful, but if I'm close enough to death that I need to heal, I'm probably going to die or shift to another vessel.) It's late, so I'm not sure whether I'd want to really trade them out or not, and I'm fine if you say no.
    Here's my idea on how to re-spend those 2 points.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mechanically: Servant Class 4 (normal human), Rank 1 (not particularly loyal, so he'll tell you to scram if you are bringing trouble to his door or he feels taking advantage, but I figure a few hundred bucks sways him most of the time). Corporeal 2/Ethereal 2/Celestial 1, focusing on medical training
    Cost = (4*1)/2 = 2 points

Sometimes a vet makes money on the side doing patch work for those who don't want to go to the hospital. Sometimes someone winds up owing the wrong people money. For Jimmy Fisher, both were true.

He made some bad bets and his debtors decided to pay him a lesson by throwing in him the Gravel Pits. He wound up fighting Harry, who was rather new to town and scouting the area. As they circled each other, Harry asked him what was up, and the guy admitted the truth. Or part of it -- he was surprised how Harry seemed to guess the rest. Anyway, Harry took a few punches, then knocked the guy flat and told him to stay down. He did.

After the fight, Harry confronted the folk Jimmy owed money to. Harry said he'd work it off via winnings in the Pit, and that they should leave Jimmy alone. They disagreed, but after about a minute all of them were bloody and decided to just forgive the debt. Jimmy said he owed Harry one and left.

After a bad fight with a demon a few months later, Harry showed up at Jimmy's door, bleeding. He patched him up. A few nights later, Harry asked Michael for permission to inform Jimmy of the truth and make him a servant, someone to patch up angels hurt in the War. Michael agreed, both of them hoping this could help the human seek Destiny instead of middling goals.

So Jimmy became a medic for angels. He doesn't know who is an angel and who isn't, besides Harry, not wanting to be known and Harry wanting to keep him ignorant for everyone's safety, but it's known that for a hundred bucks or so a Soldier of Heaven can drop by for a touch-up. And generally can just put it on Harry's tab.

If you don't like the swap, I can stay as-is, or if you feel this is abusing the Servant system, let me know.

28. - Top - End - #208
    Ogre in the Playground

Thank you!

I appreciate you taking care of that for me.

29. - Top - End - #209
    Ogre in the Playground

Here's my idea on how to re-spend those 2 points.
    Spoiler
    Show

Mechanically: Servant Class 4 (normal human), Rank 1 (not particularly loyal, so he'll tell you to scram if you are bringing trouble to his door or he feels taking advantage, but I figure a few hundred bucks sways him most of the time). Corporeal 2/Ethereal 2/Celestial 1, focusing on medical training
    Cost = (4*1)/2 = 2 points

Sometimes a vet makes money on the side doing patch work for those who don't want to go to the hospital. Sometimes someone winds up owing the wrong people money. For Jimmy Fisher, both were true.

He made some bad bets and his debtors decided to pay him a lesson by throwing in him the Gravel Pits. He wound up fighting Harry, who was rather new to town and scouting the area. As they circled each other, Harry asked him what was up, and the guy admitted the truth. Or part of it -- he was surprised how Harry seemed to guess the rest. Anyway, Harry took a few punches, then knocked the guy flat and told him to stay down. He did.

After the fight, Harry confronted the folk Jimmy owed money to. Harry said he'd work it off via winnings in the Pit, and that they should leave Jimmy alone. They disagreed, but after about a minute all of them were bloody and decided to just forgive the debt. Jimmy said he owed Harry one and left.

After a bad fight with a demon a few months later, Harry showed up at Jimmy's door, bleeding. He patched him up. A few nights later, Harry asked Michael for permission to inform Jimmy of the truth and make him a servant, someone to patch up angels hurt in the War. Michael agreed, both of them hoping this could help the human seek Destiny instead of middling goals.

So Jimmy became a medic for angels. He doesn't know who is an angel and who isn't, besides Harry, not wanting to be known and Harry wanting to keep him ignorant for everyone's safety, but it's known that for a hundred bucks or so a Soldier of Heaven can drop by for a touch-up. And generally can just put it on Harry's tab.

If you don't like the swap, I can stay as-is, or if you feel this is abusing the Servant system, let me know.
    I'm okay if this is a choice you really want to go with, especially as you haven't used it in-game yet. I try to be flexible like that, and I certainly don't mind the concept of Jimmy. It's a new NPC for me to run - which, you may or may not have noticed - I really like doing.

As for the inquiry about essence spent vs distance?

The basic distance for perceiving disturbances in the Symphony is your Perception score in yards times Celestial Forces.

I'll use Mr.RandomDemon as an example. He has 4 Celestial Forces and a Perception of 8.

He can detect disturbances a base distance of 32 yards (96 feet).

For every increment of 32 yards the disturbance is, he takes a -1 penalty to his chance to detect it. So something 96 yards away (3 range increments) has an inherent -3 penalty to sense.

We will remove the whole concept of Echoes for a moment and just focus on the normal Perception of a disturbance.

If Harry spent spent 1 essence to invoke a song with a Degree of Disturbance of 3, MrRandomDemon would have to make a Perception check with a target number of 11 (Perception 8 + 3). That check takes penalties for each range increment.

Say Harry summoned Michael to help fight MrRandomDemon. The Perception test to detect him would have a TN of 28 if Michael showed up in Corporeal form, or 38 if he showed up in Celestial form. So MrRandomDemon would figure out something big happened even if it was thousands of feet away.

Let's use the encounter we just had as an in-game example.

I'll break it down.

Celestial Song of Attraction: 1 Essence, Disturbance is the Check Digit which was 4.
    Lee using Numinous Corpus - Claws: 1 Essence. No disturbance otherwise.
    Lee damaging the wall: 1 Disturbance for every 4 damage (in this case it would have been 5 damage)
    Lee shredding the picture: 1 Disturbance for every 4 damage (in this case, 7 damage)

So. Total Degree of Disturbance is 1+4+1+1+1 = 8

So....Sarah, with a Perception of 9, would have a TN of 17 to detect your fight if she was within 36 yards. As it is? Sarah is significantly farther than that away. So it would be a Hail Mary roll to see if she could sense it. In the grand scheme, it wasn't a noisy fight.

But it'll echo for a little while which means passing Celestials may be able to pick up on it later.

I really hope I haven't just confused the situation even more. Hehe

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Failed Phantasm View Post
    Sorry to be the one holding us up again, but I've hit a small snag. I'm not sure if we're wrapping up this scene now and heading straight to the apartment or if you want to me to delay a bit longer for seatyger's sake. If the latter, Jathiriel can finish his conversation with Mercy in private while we wait.
    It's all good.

I know that the conversation with Mercy would be a good one, and I have to say I'm interested in seeing the rest of it, however you are correct that we could finish that off in PM and move on.

As such, go ahead and send me a post if you want in PM towards that goal and I'll post a new scene for Jathiriel and Malchiel in the next little bit once you've both headed out to begin your investigations.

On an unrelated note.....can Jason drive? Hehe

On an equally unrelated note.....

I hope you got some time to breath over the weekend and fixed up the mess you got stuck with.

Welcome back!