The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 8 of 42 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171833 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #211
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: In Nomine: Los Angeles (OOC)

By "in private", I had meant that he would talk to Mercy in another room or while Malchiel was waiting in the car, but finishing up by PM works too. I had actually figured he would just tell her "We'll finish this conversation later." since she's distraught, but he could always (awkwardly) try to comfort her.

He can teleport (himself), but not drive. That's what servants are were for. So I guess that means one or both of them will be walking.

And, no, I'll still be pretty busy from now until Friday, but not so much so that I won't be able to post.
    Last edited by Failed Phantasm; 2018-04-24 at 05:52 PM.

2. - Top - End - #212
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Failed Phantasm View Post
    By "in private", I had meant that he would talk to Mercy in another room or while Malchiel was waiting in the car, but finishing up by PM works too. I had actually figured he would just tell her "We'll finish this conversation later." since she's distraught, but he could always (awkwardly) try to comfort her.

He can teleport (himself), but not drive. That's what servants are were for. So I guess that means one or both of them will be walking.

And, no, I'll still be pretty busy from now until Friday, but not so much so that I won't be able to post.
    Sorry for the misunderstanding about the 'in private'. How's about we just go with the idea of finishing the conversation later. She is...if nothing else....patently patient.

I get the busy. My girls are into the last dance competition of the season as of tomorrow, and my work has been filled with all the injuries one can imagine. But I'm bringing a tablet with me so I can write while I'm sitting in the audience in between dance numbers. Hehe

You guys have all done fantastic on keeping the flow of the game going despite real life setbacks.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

3. - Top - End - #213
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

@ Failed Phantasm
    For what it's worth, I'd like you doing the talk with Mercy as a side scene rather than a PM. I enjoy reading the back-and-forth between your character and Mercy.

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    I'm okay if this is a choice you really want to go with, especially as you haven't used it in-game yet. I try to be flexible like that, and I certainly don't mind the concept of Jimmy. It's a new NPC for me to run - which, you may or may not have noticed - I really like doing.
    I'll still think on it a tad. I'm feeling a bit sick or exhausted -- not sure which -- so want to think on it. With servants, does the player or the DM build them?
    My main hope for him, mechanically, would be something like Precision 5 + Medicine 4/5, to give good out-of-combat healing. The Medicine skill seems crazy good at high levels, since it heals comparable to the target's Strength. Way easier to heal a wounded Strength 11 celestial than Song of Healing.

Thanks for the details on noise. I don't fully get it, but it makes more sense.

4. - Top - End - #214
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JeenLeen View Post
    @ Failed Phantasm
    For what it's worth, I'd like you doing the talk with Mercy as a side scene rather than a PM. I enjoy reading the back-and-forth between your character and Mercy.

I'll still think on it a tad. I'm feeling a bit sick or exhausted -- not sure which -- so want to think on it. With servants, does the player or the DM build them?
    My main hope for him, mechanically, would be something like Precision 5 + Medicine 4/5, to give good out-of-combat healing. The Medicine skill seems crazy good at high levels, since it heals comparable to the target's Strength. Way easier to heal a wounded Strength 11 celestial than Song of Healing.

Thanks for the details on noise. I don't fully get it, but it makes more sense.

Think about it, for sure. I'm not sure it would necessarily be immediately necessary to have the information finalized at the moment. The next little bit of plans should only involve Harry taking damage if things go very wrong. Hehe

To touch base on the OOC spoiler from your last post:

Lee's mouth wouldn't look any different than normal while it's closed, and the claws would have disappeared. The body left behind is non-descript and pretty much entirely human to a normal autopsy.

Yes, that was a Duel with a Diabolical, so you performed your Rite successfully.

As for everything regarding the scream? I'll answer that in the next post.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-04-25 at 03:11 AM.

5. - Top - End - #215
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Still contemplating, but I made a basic build for my servant (since I find doing such fun). Again, fine if you want to make it.
    Spoiler: Jimmy Fisher
    Show

Forces 5
    Corporeal 2 (Str 4/ Agil 4)
    Ethereal 2 (Int 4 / Precision 4)
    Celestial 1 (Will 2 -> 3, Perception 2 -> 3)*
    *spending bonus points to boost

Status 3 (veterinarian) -- 4 points (Status 1 free, so 2 cost * 2 extra ranks for 4 point cost)
    Will + 1 -- 3 points
    Perception + 1 -- 3 points

Medicine 4 (he's a vet but does patchwork on the side)
    Knowledge (veterinary science/animals) 3 (he's a vet)
    Lying 1 (for covering up debts or crime--yes, it bugs Harry)
    Ranged Weapons 1 (has concealed carry permit in case trouble comes)
    Dodge 1 (trained a tad after the Gravel Pits)

Acts as a doctor. Also has a few, limited criminal contacts from others he treats.
    Generally okay with treating Harry, and treating others if he's paid for it and it doesn't bring trouble to his door.
    Will resist going into dangerous places, helping strangers without pay, or helping if it brings trouble to him or his clinic. Also resists giving intel if it might anger a criminal contact of his.

6. - Top - End - #216
    Ogre in the Playground

I'll be working on my next post over dinner, but for now I'll see if using Mercurian Resonance on our ukulele musician yields anything.

Perception [8] vs. (2d6)[1][3](4)
    Check digit: (1d6)[5]
    Result: Success.

EDIT: So, apparently Jathiriel can learn the innermost workings of some random dude on the street, but he can't even try to tell a little white lie to spare a friend's feelings without it blowing up in his face. He's turning out to be a much better Mercurian than Balseraph.

Well, at least we'll find out if this guy knew Thachael at all, and by what name if so.
    Last edited by Failed Phantasm; 2018-04-25 at 09:47 PM.

7. - Top - End - #217
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Between Harry and Khalil, I could see a stream of violence through the demonic domains. (And hoping that's not playing into one of the demon's machinations. ) I could see a busy day including finding & killing Madison Rourke, stopping by Oblivion to interrogate (and probably fight) the Russians, then spend the night tearing through Bloodhound territory to try to draw out Haroon Sadat. Maybe start the next day with setting off bombs at the Tether of Fate, ideally while the kids are at school and after dragging the human owner out of the shop.
    Be crazy noisy (in every sense), but show the demons you don't take out one of ours. (And probably followed-up with our Tethers being bombed -- I am not saying this is a good idea, just a fun one.
    I reckon it would backfire like crazy.)

I'm curious to find out what that younger Russian sister is: just a horrible person, one of the Five close to her Fate, a Soldier of Lust, etc.

With the prohibition against retreating from combat as an angel of War: if someone is not a serious threat, can Harry just ignore them and walk away? Here's a few examples:
    1) drunk average dude picks a fight in the bar.
    2) a thug (maybe a threat to a normal person, but laughable for Harry) picks a fight
    3) a set of Russian bodyguards tell Harry to surrender, aiming guns at him. If they fire, I reckon he's forced to fight them. If they don't (perhaps because they saw how he can fight), can he walk away?
    Feel free to answer "it might be a gray area, but with Harry's mental stats, he isn't quite sure so it's best for avoiding dissonance just to fight".

8. - Top - End - #218
    Ogre in the Playground

Between Harry and Khalil, I could see a stream of violence through the demonic domains. (And hoping that's not playing into one of the demon's machinations. ) I could see a busy day including finding & killing Madison Rourke, stopping by Oblivion to interrogate (and probably fight) the Russians, then spend the night tearing through Bloodhound territory to try to draw out Haroon Sadat. Maybe start the next day with setting off bombs at the Tether of Fate, ideally while the kids are at school and after dragging the human owner out of the shop.
    Be crazy noisy (in every sense), but show the demons you don't take out one of ours. (And probably followed-up with our Tethers being bombed -- I am not saying this is a good idea, just a fun one.
    I reckon it would backfire like crazy.
    Purge the heretics in holy fire! Burn the unclean! Suffer not the witch to live! Zeal is it's own excuse! The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal!

My inner Ordo Hereticus inquisitor is dying to get out.

9. - Top - End - #219
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by XIII View Post
    Purge the heretics in holy fire! Burn the unclean! Suffer not the witch to live! Zeal is it's own excuse! The rewards of tolerance are treachery and betrayal!

My inner Ordo Hereticus inquisitor is dying to get out.
    Only in Death does Duty End!

I'll keep this tidbit of knowledge secured in my brain in case I try and run a 40k game at some point in the future.

10. - Top - End - #220
    Ogre in the Playground

I reckon it would backfire like crazy.)

I'm curious to find out what that younger Russian sister is: just a horrible person, one of the Five close to her Fate, a Soldier of Lust, etc.

With the prohibition against retreating from combat as an angel of War: if someone is not a serious threat, can Harry just ignore them and walk away? Here's a few examples:
    1) drunk average dude picks a fight in the bar.
    2) a thug (maybe a threat to a normal person, but laughable for Harry) picks a fight
    3) a set of Russian bodyguards tell Harry to surrender, aiming guns at him. If they fire, I reckon he's forced to fight them. If they don't (perhaps because they saw how he can fight), can he walk away?
    Feel free to answer "it might be a gray area, but with Harry's mental stats, he isn't quite sure so it's best for avoiding dissonance just to fight".
    I would put forth the idea that this is a situational thing, sort of.

In case 1? He's no threat to you at all. It's not a fight that has any significance. Walk away, or knock him down. Your choice.

In case 2? If he's picking a fight, end it quick. You know you want to anyhow, since it's taking a thug off the streets.

In case 3? Is there a tactical reason that going with them would be better? Just because you don't smash them now, doesn't mean your not going to in fifteen minutes after you find out where the hostages are.

11. - Top - End - #221
    Ogre in the Playground

That resonance result makes me think he's supposed to be a remnant, but I just wanted to confirm whether or not that was the intention out-of-character because

Quote Originally Posted by In Nomine, pg. 68
    Without a Heart, and without any Celestial Forces, a Remnant becomes very hard to track. Resonances involving Perception simply don't affect him.
    and I have no idea if that was errata'd or not. [EDIT: Of course, the complete absence of a result would give it away just as much as the result that was just written up, but I'm not sure if he was meant to be a remnant or just a human who was genuinely in a bad car accident.]
    Last edited by Failed Phantasm; 2018-04-26 at 11:35 PM.

12. - Top - End - #222
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Failed Phantasm View Post
    That resonance result makes me think he's supposed to be a remnant, but I just wanted to confirm whether or not that was the intention out-of-character because

and I have no idea if that was errata'd or not. [EDIT: Of course, the complete absence of a result would give it away just as much as the result that was just written up, but I'm not sure if he was meant to be a remnant or just a human who was genuinely in a bad car accident.]
    Under normal circumstances, I think I'd probably leave this as close to ambiguous as I can for the sake of dramatic tension. But I'm not sure that works as well in some situations for In Nomine - especially with how...well...perceptive some of the resonances are.

In this regard, Jathiriel and Malchiel would both feel a sense of sorrow in his presence as well.

Yeah, he's a Remnant. But there's not much more information easily gleaned.

13. - Top - End - #223
    Troll in the Playground

Resonance to check for the Need behind Selena's request {TN 9, -2 for a specific obvious Need}: (3d6)[2][5][1](8)

Success. As with previous specific Needs, the check digit gets ignored here.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2018-04-27 at 06:57 AM.

14. - Top - End - #224
    Ogre in the Playground

Only in Death does Duty End!

I'll keep this tidbit of knowledge secured in my brain in case I try and run a 40k game at some point in the future.
    I read about an extremely interesting way of playing Only War and transitioning to Dark Heresy with the same PCs. I also became aware of DEFFWOTCH not too long ago.

Spoiler: 40k blurb
    Show
    About a DM who had his players roll up like over 100 characters each for only war and he pretty much treated him like... you know... guardsmen! They died in droves over and over and over again. There were many highs and lows but ultimately the PCs kinda found themselves and adapted to the life of a guardsman, still taking heavy casualties but somehow getting ahead. At the end of the Only War campaign, one thunderhawk of guardsmen were all that remained after the entire regiment was blown out of the sky, I think by Chaos forces. Spoiler alert: the thunderhawk contained all the surviving PCs from their entire campaign. The veterans. They were subsequently intercepted by the Ordo Hereticus. Because, you know, chaos exposure + guardsmen = maybe heresy purge immediately. They were roughly handled, disarmed, and left at a cliffhanger on what was to happen to their characters. Then the DM slammed a Dark Heresy book on the table. Thus they began their life as Inquisitorial troops.

15. - Top - End - #225
    Ogre in the Playground

I read about an extremely interesting way of playing Only War and transitioning to Dark Heresy with the same PCs. I also became aware of DEFFWOTCH not too long ago.

Spoiler: 40k blurb
    Show
    About a DM who had his players roll up like over 100 characters each for only war and he pretty much treated him like... you know... guardsmen! They died in droves over and over and over again. There were many highs and lows but ultimately the PCs kinda found themselves and adapted to the life of a guardsman, still taking heavy casualties but somehow getting ahead. At the end of the Only War campaign, one thunderhawk of guardsmen were all that remained after the entire regiment was blown out of the sky, I think by Chaos forces. Spoiler alert: the thunderhawk contained all the surviving PCs from their entire campaign. The veterans. They were subsequently intercepted by the Ordo Hereticus. Because, you know, chaos exposure + guardsmen = maybe heresy purge immediately. They were roughly handled, disarmed, and left at a cliffhanger on what was to happen to their characters. Then the DM slammed a Dark Heresy book on the table. Thus they began their life as Inquisitorial troops.
    I actually heard that story from a friend of mine as well. It certainly make a for an interesting, if extraordinarily long campaign synopsis. Hehe

My current 40k obsession is my recent discovery that Rogue Trader has rules to play Dark Eldar.

16. - Top - End - #226
    Ogre in the Playground

Playing a Haemonculus would be terrible, awful, dirty, wicked fun. I can taste it now.

17. - Top - End - #227
    Ogre in the Playground

Playing a Haemonculus would be terrible, awful, dirty, wicked fun. I can taste it now.
    The 'Fleshcrafter Initiate' is what the class is called, and if I recall correctly it's got options for making the character either a Wrack, a Lhamaen or a Haemonculus proper.

Also has advanced classes for Incubi and Hellions.

18. - Top - End - #228
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I am about to make a couple edits to a post I made about 30 minutes ago. It's late Saturday night, and no replies yet, so I hope that's cool. Mainly it's Harry deciding not to go pigeon. Part of it was realizing/remembering needing to be human later, & that shifting forms would raise the overall noise, and that it's raining outside which helps hide his identity.
    That is, he doesn't need to go pigeon to get away from the safehouse without detection. In the original post, I had him do that to get back to Hanna. I also edited in offering her another place to meet instead of her house, if she likes. (A pigeon showing up at her house is different from a huge man.)
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-04-28 at 10:36 PM.

19. - Top - End - #229
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Would Harry have any idea what that black oil she mentions could be?

I assumed that, even if one can see celestial forms, a Shedim in a host is hidden. Am I wrong, and is that simply the possession/Celestial form 'bleeding' out through the host?
    Also, is it normal or strange for someone to have a different voice when possessed? Or can the Shedim just do that as they will?

Lastly, about how long ago was Louis arrested?
    I planned on ending the call with Sarah with him asking her for a summary of the details, so that should have it in his memory.

EDIT: I re-read an earlier post by you, and when Hanna first describes things, she said:
    "He said if I wouldn't sing the song he wanted then I had to...had to die."
    Now she says,
    "we were going to perform the song for somebody important...and...um...that...that's why I needed to die. I couldn't be allowed to sing the song"

She's contradicting herself, right? Or did you have a typo in what you wrote?
    ...I really, really, REALLY hope she's not the Shedim right now. Fortunately, I was slow to suspect this, so Harry was talking like it's Hanna.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-04-30 at 08:17 AM.

20. - Top - End - #230
    Orc in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Oi. So, on the eve of my trip last week, my laptop suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure (the second in 17 months). So, I was without a computer for the entire trip. I'm back to my routine, so I will get caught up and contributing as soon as possible (my new laptop should be in my hands Wednesday eve).

My apologies for holding things up.

21. - Top - End - #231
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

Quote Originally Posted by seatyger View Post
    Oi. So, on the eve of my trip last week, my laptop suffered a catastrophic hard drive failure (the second in 17 months). So, I was without a computer for the entire trip. I'm back to my routine, so I will get caught up and contributing as soon as possible (my new laptop should be in my hands Wednesday eve).

My apologies for holding things up.
    On a similar note, has anyone heard from Siegemonkeys?

22. - Top - End - #232
    Ogre in the Playground

Yeah, we spoke briefly about his absence. I believe he's back to regular posting tomorrow.

Next IC post is tonight and I'll respond in greater depth here to questions I've missed.

23. - Top - End - #233
    Ogre in the Playground

Don't mind me, if you please.

(2d6)[4][1](5)
    (1d6)[6]
    (2d6)[5][1](6)
    (1d6)[4]
    (2d6)[5][6](11)
    (1d6)[1]
    (2d6)[4][3](7)
    (1d6)[2]

24. - Top - End - #234
    Ogre in the Playground

Would Harry have any idea what that black oil she mentions could be?

I assumed that, even if one can see celestial forms, a Shedim in a host is hidden. Am I wrong, and is that simply the possession/Celestial form 'bleeding' out through the host?
    Also, is it normal or strange for someone to have a different voice when possessed? Or can the Shedim just do that as they will?

Lastly, about how long ago was Louis arrested?
    I planned on ending the call with Sarah with him asking her for a summary of the details, so that should have it in his memory.

EDIT: I re-read an earlier post by you, and when Hanna first describes things, she said:
    "He said if I wouldn't sing the song he wanted then I had to...had to die."
    Now she says,
    "we were going to perform the song for somebody important...and...um...that...that's why I needed to die. I couldn't be allowed to sing the song"

She's contradicting herself, right? Or did you have a typo in what you wrote?
    ...I really, really, REALLY hope she's not the Shedim right now. Fortunately, I was slow to suspect this, so Harry was talking like it's Hanna.
    I don't think you can usually perceive a Shedim unless it's doing something overt like disturbing the Symphony, using Songs, or wants to let it's presence be known. I'll double check on this tomorrow (today) when I'm done work.

Louis was arrested about a year ago, give or take a couple months.

Hehe as for your last point....I wondered if anyone was going to pick up on that.

I wont give you any more information other than it was not a typo. It was entirely intentional.

Huzzah! You've been Plot-blocked!

25. - Top - End - #235
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

I don't think you can usually perceive a Shedim unless it's doing something overt like disturbing the Symphony, using Songs, or wants to let it's presence be known. I'll double check on this tomorrow (today) when I'm done work.

Louis was arrested about a year ago, give or take a couple months.

Hehe as for your last point....I wondered if anyone was going to pick up on that.

I wont give you any more information other than it was not a typo. It was entirely intentional.

Huzzah! You've been Plot-blocked!
    Good move, GM

Let me know if that 'black tar' look is something Shedim normally do, normally can choose to do, or normally cannot do. At least to Harry's knowledge. That seems relevant. I re-read the Shedim section recently, and it didn't mention anything, and I don't know of any Songs that cause that look (though I haven't read every Song in detail.)

Based on no Seraphic senses and a failed Detect Lies roll, I'm guessing as far as Harry can tell, she's not lying. But he'd still be aware of the internal inconsistency in her statements, and that both can't be true. Well, either both can't be true or it's confusing "fancy talk half-truth lies" he doesn't like and gets frustrated with.

If she is possessed, I hope the Shedim is amused by Harry saying he was hoping a demon would be drawn by the noise.

EDIT: I was re-reading the opening posts to double-check if Soph worked at Brighton, and I realized that the Agatha who led Khalil's ward to delinquency is the same as the one teasing Malcolm. Starting to think stronger that she's either a demon or a tool for them. Maybe the 2 hidden demons of Factions are at Brighton as students? Makes sense with how clique-y the school is.

EDIT 2: Seraphic Senses vs. Role: since a Role is a celestial's place in the Symphony, and is necessarily human and non-celestial, would a Seraph's sense detect a lie if I asked someone "Are you an angel or demon?", and a demon said "no, I'm human." Or the inverse, "You are human, right?"
    I was thinking it would trigger, since the Truth is they are a celestial... but angelic Resonance works with sensing the Symphony (or, well, most of 'em do), so if Harry is a human according to the Symphony*, then it's not a lie, right?
    In short: with a good check digit, can I tell if someone is angel/demon by a yes/no question?
    Also: I almost had Harry ask Hanna "You are human, right, not a demon, angel, or spirit?" before leaving for the coffee shop, but figured she was safe & didn't want to upset her. I regret that sensitivity now.

*Since the roll for "did your Role cover up noise?" is (Corporeal Forces + Role), and that mechanically means, for example, Harry is his role 9/12s of the time, sorta.
    Also, a caveat that I guess you need a Role of least level 1 for it to not be a lie. Otherwise, the Symphony doesn't recognize you as human at all.
    Last edited by JeenLeen; 2018-05-02 at 12:00 PM.

26. - Top - End - #236
    Troll in the Playground

EDIT 2: Seraphic Senses vs. Role: since a Role is a celestial's place in the Symphony, and is necessarily human and non-celestial, would a Seraph's sense detect a lie if I asked someone "Are you an angel or demon?", and a demon said "no, I'm human." Or the inverse, "You are human, right?"
    I was thinking it would trigger, since the Truth is they are a celestial... but angelic Resonance works with sensing the Symphony (or, well, most of 'em do), so if Harry is a human according to the Symphony*, then it's not a lie, right?
    In short: with a good check digit, can I tell if someone is angel/demon by a yes/no question?
    Also: I almost had Harry ask Hanna "You are human, right, not a demon, angel, or spirit?" before leaving for the coffee shop, but figured she was safe & didn't want to upset her. I regret that sensitivity now.
    Vessels/Roles can only mask so much. If Sarah were to say 'my name is Sarah Summers. I'm a contract negotiator', then that would ring true. Her Vessel also fools the Seraph ability to sense disguises and non-verbal lies. But if she literally said 'I am human', that'd trigger the Resonance.
    Last edited by Anyr; 2018-05-03 at 09:58 AM.

27. - Top - End - #237
    Ogre in the Playground

Just as a heads up, I'll be making the next post hopefully mid to late afternoon today.

I've been at work since noon yesterday and I'm not off for another three hours - my brain has just...shut down at this point.

My apologies.

28. - Top - End - #238
    Troll in the Playground

BardGuy

With the gap between posts -- and, while I am anxious for more game, sincerely, take the time you need, Erulasto; this game is awesome & your posting rate is phenomenal, even with delays -- my mind has speculated a lot.
    I'm currently considering Hanna as
    1 -- just internally inconsistent for some reason, but human (unlikely)
    2 -- possessed by Shedim
    3 -- actually a demon, and Louis is one of the Five
    4 -- a Soldier of Hell or at least a servant, who is working for a demon, having been persuaded to go along with the demons for this. Not sure if she or Louis is one of the Five, if this is the case

It is a shame that we met in public. Much harder to a confused angel to kidnap her and keep her somewhere safe until he can figure this out.
    I guess he can insist he hang out with her for the next 3 hours, to wait for his senses to return. Her adoptive mother should be away longer than that. Unless plot demands otherwise.

Really glad Harry didn't say he's a Seraph. On the plus side, his not knowing for sure she lied probably makes it seem to the demon he isn't a Seraph. Yay.

Between work, grad school, and kids, this game is one of my few fantastical hobby/escapes that I have time for, hence my rather extensive speculation and comments in the OOC thread. Hope it's not bugging anyone, at least a lot. And, thanks, Anyr, for the rules info you've provided.

29. - Top - End - #239
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm really sorry for the delay folks, and I appreciate your patience with me and your continued interest in the game!

If I've missed any inquiries or posts, please let me know so I can react accordingly.

Things are settled now at work, and I'm back to regular shifts (and regular sleep cycles). Oh god, I can't do 16 hour days anymore. Bleh.

30. - Top - End - #240
    Ogre in the Playground

With the gap between posts -- and, while I am anxious for more game, sincerely, take the time you need, Erulasto; this game is awesome & your posting rate is phenomenal, even with delays -- my mind has speculated a lot.
    I'm currently considering Hanna as
    1 -- just internally inconsistent for some reason, but human (unlikely)
    2 -- possessed by Shedim
    3 -- actually a demon, and Louis is one of the Five
    4 -- a Soldier of Hell or at least a servant, who is working for a demon, having been persuaded to go along with the demons for this. Not sure if she or Louis is one of the Five, if this is the case

It is a shame that we met in public. Much harder to a confused angel to kidnap her and keep her somewhere safe until he can figure this out.
    I guess he can insist he hang out with her for the next 3 hours, to wait for his senses to return. Her adoptive mother should be away longer than that. Unless plot demands otherwise.

Really glad Harry didn't say he's a Seraph. On the plus side, his not knowing for sure she lied probably makes it seem to the demon he isn't a Seraph. Yay.

Between work, grad school, and kids, this game is one of my few fantastical hobby/escapes that I have time for, hence my rather extensive speculation and comments in the OOC thread. Hope it's not bugging anyone, at least a lot. And, thanks, Anyr, for the rules info you've provided.
    I thoroughly enjoy your speculation, and I totally understand the craziness of life. I've got two kids I'm raising on my own and a crazy job.

Keep the speculation coming!