Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 153031323334353637383940
Results 1,171 to 1,189 of 1189
  1. - Top - End - #1171
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown OOC IX

Next big update will advance the day. I'm not getting a strong sense that anyone has any more pressing matters to discuss at the war council, but I don't know if you guys (particularly Sieghard & Elsa) might have more you want to do before this IC day ends. Let me know either way.

2. - Top - End - #1172
    Firbolg in the Playground

I don't know if LeSwordfish had anything to add?)
    Nothing that hasn't been covered by everyone else.

3. - Top - End - #1173

I think Sieghard was intending to ask Elsa why she looks like she's seen a ghost.

Edit: Hilarious Twitter thread. Read it.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; Yesterday at 09:57 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #1174
    Titan in the Playground

Before I forget, when Sieghard was checking the battlefield for survivors, was there any sign of Odo after the battle - either alive or dead?

Quote Originally Posted by LCP View Post
    Didn't you abandon one of those in a stream and roll the other one down a hill?
    Those were the carts Sforza let us use for our pillaging spree. We've sill got the one that belongs to the Thorns.

Also, the one we rolled down the hill probably got damaged in the process, but there's no reason we couldn't or wouldn't recover the one in the stream after the battle. It's not like it was in the water long enough to be damaged by it. Rorik didn't pause to smash it up, and his men wouldn't have been able to take it with them when they fled.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; Yesterday at 02:34 PM.

5. - Top - End - #1175
    Titan in the Playground

Before I forget, when Sieghard was checking the battlefield for survivors, was there any sign of Odo after the battle - either alive or dead?
    No.

Those were the carts Sforza let us use for our pillaging spree. We've sill got the one that belongs to the Thorns.
    I was under the impression that you had a total of 2 carts at that time. I don't trust my memory at the best of times but I feel like I was posting enough IC about the carts that someone would have corrected me if I had the number wrong.

Also, the one we rolled down the hill probably got damaged in the process, but there's no reason we couldn't or wouldn't recover the one in the stream after the battle.
    Fair enough.

On a semi-related note, I'm writing up the next update now - please make sure all your post-battle bookkeeping is up to date, including loot and casualties. Don't want these things to vanish into the mists o time.

6. - Top - End - #1176
    Bugbear in the Playground

On a semi-related note, I'm writing up the next update now - please make sure all your post-battle bookkeeping is up to date, including loot and casualties. Don't want these things to vanish into the mists o time.
    I added Rorik's sword to Astoria's sheet along with an adjustment of her Fate points and added Rorik to her kill list.

That being said, I was hoping you could tell me how many wounds Astoria has now after Bianco? I know you gain 1 back per week of rest if you're heavily wounded. But healing poultices make the heal check restore 1d10...I'd rather get a ruling from you instead of assuming.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

7. - Top - End - #1177
    Titan in the Playground

I was honestly just treating Bianco as the avatar of Fate Points there, but sure, Astoria can have a Heal check as part of the same thing. She is heavily wounded so she regains 1 wound from a regular Heal check with no poultice - Bianco has hundreds of patients to treat, he's going to be husbanding his supplies.

8. - Top - End - #1178

I was honestly just treating Bianco as the avatar of Fate Points there, but sure, Astoria can have a Heal check as part of the same thing. She is heavily wounded so she regains 1 wound from a regular Heal check with no poultice - Bianco has hundreds of patients to treat, he's going to be husbanding his supplies.
    That's fair. So...1/17. Ouch. Astoria has a few poultices so I may end up looking at using one at some point....makes sense she'd heal slowly after the beating she took from Rorik...hehe

9. - Top - End - #1179
    Titan in the Playground

I meant to add, I know this update is fairly open-ended for most PCs. Sforza is going to spend a few days in Savonne to let the army lick its wounds and figure out his next move - once you've squared away any immediate business you have during or after the march, feel free to move on to whatever you want your characters to do with some downtime in the city.

EDIT:
    She had expected Alvarr to return behind the protection of Savonne's walls as fast as he could, even in defeat.

Yellow arrow = the direction Alvarr's forces ran, red arrow = Sforza's path to Savonne. Sforza has stayed closer to the city than Alvarr at all times since the battle.

10. - Top - End - #1180

I'll see what we find in the keep before I make decisions.

We'll also have to take stock of the new political situation, notably:

• Is Belehir dead? If not, will Sforza kill him to consolidate his power?
    • Are the Dwimmulhold dwarfs willing to do business now that they know the Duke's not coming back?
    • Will we have to take back the Uplands through strength of arms, or will they willingly ally with us now that the Duke is on the run and no longer holds Lady Groz hostage?

I'm not asking for answers right now. I know they'll come in their own time.

Most importantly: is Adelbert about to return as a PC?

Yellow arrow = the direction Alvarr's forces ran, red arrow = Sforza's path to Savonne. Sforza has stayed closer to the city than Alvarr at all times since the battle.
    Well, the direction of their flight was dictated by the Storm Swords smashing into their west flank. It would not have been unreasonable for them to veer northwest shortly afterwards, hoping to beat Sforza to the city via a night march.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; Yesterday at 09:17 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

11. - Top - End - #1181
    Titan in the Playground

I'll see what we find in the keep before I make decisions.
    So Elsa is following Sforza into the keep? Do you want to just follow his footsteps or are you going to go immediately check on Belehir, Adelbert etc.?

Most importantly: is Adelbert about to return?
    No. I'm working on a reintroduction that should give Adelbert common cause with the party again (rather than just saying choo choo get on the Sforzatrain) but it's going to take more IC time than if Alvarr had won.

It would not have been unreasonable for them to veer northwest shortly afterwards, hoping to beat Sforza to the city via a night march.
    That's why Sforza had Dolokhov's cavalry keep chasing them. Gunnar reported in the IC that they'd been driven at least 7 miles east.

12. - Top - End - #1182

So Elsa is following Sforza into the keep? Do you want to just follow his footsteps or are you going to go immediately check on Belehir, Adelbert etc.?
    Well, I was assuming Sforza's footsteps would take him to Belehir. I guess Elsa will follow him at first, then go down to the dungeons if Sforza shows no interest in them.

No. I'm working on a reintroduction that should give Adelbert common cause with the party again (rather than just saying choo choo get on the Sforzatrain) but it's going to take more IC time than if Alvarr had won.
    Makes sense.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:

13. - Top - End - #1183

You know, it's occurring to me now that maybe it's best if one of us beats Sforza to the dungeons. I've got the suspicion Sforza would quietly dispose of the Elf if he found him alive.

Ludo strikes me as the one with both the ability and the inclination to free Belehir and sneak him out (assuming he's indeed alive), though of course it depends on whether LeSwordfish thinks it's in character for Ludo.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; Yesterday at 10:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:

14. - Top - End - #1184

I'd love to go get a chance to meet the Elf, but it's certainly not in keeping with Astoria's goals and whatnot. Besides, I don't think she'd even know about the elf....

15. - Top - End - #1185
    Titan in the Playground

I was under the impression that you had a total of 2 carts at that time. I don't trust my memory at the best of times but I feel like I was posting enough IC about the carts that someone would have corrected me if I had the number wrong.
    Sieghard only ever purchased one for the Thorns. You definitely said we had two with us, but I had always assumed those were army property borrowed from Sforza since there was no other obvious place for them to have come from. That said, I'm not too concerned about the cost of the cart if it needs to be replaced and the IC post that brought all this up only required the looted goods to be somewhere so he could fetch the sword. If you want to rule the cart the Thorns own is no longer functional after the battle on the hill, I'll make a note of it and we'll have to acquire a replacement. If not, it's not a big enough detail to worry about.

Will do as soon as I have a day off and a bit more time. I've got notes on everything except the most recent stuff, it's mostly just an issue of taking the time to update the accounting info.

I meant to add, I know this update is fairly open-ended for most PCs. Sforza is going to spend a few days in Savonne to let the army lick its wounds and figure out his next move - once you've squared away any immediate business you have during or after the march, feel free to move on to whatever you want your characters to do with some downtime in the city.
    Hmm, I've got a few things in mind. That said, it might be better to play out the immediate stuff before coming up with a final list. Never know what a search of the keep might turn up...

Quote Originally Posted by -Sentinel- View Post
    You know, it's occurring to me now that maybe it's best if one of us beats Sforza to the dungeons. I've got the suspicion Sforza would quietly dispose of the Elf if he found him alive.

Ludo strikes me as the one with both the ability and the inclination to free Belehir and sneak him out (assuming he's indeed alive), though of course it depends on whether LeSwordfish thinks it's in character for Ludo.
    If Belehir is even still alive, releasing him sounds like a very bad, potentially very dangerous idea.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; Today at 12:06 AM.

16. - Top - End - #1186

Much as Belehir is interesting, I'm not sure why he's our problem, and I'm certainly not going to break into a castle to jailbreak him because OOC we'd like to meet him. If Elsa wants him alive, she can use her pull to arrange that.

If we're pending <something worrying> to bring Adelbert back as a PC, does that mean you'd prefer us to find reasons to not run into him for now?

17. - Top - End - #1187

Much as Belehir is interesting, I'm not sure why he's our problem, and I'm certainly not going to break into a castle to jailbreak him because OOC we'd like to meet him. If Elsa wants him alive, she can use her pull to arrange that.
    I confess this may be more of an OOC desire than an IC one. Belehir and Groz were the only two lords of the Reaches who seemed to be halfway decent rulers, and Belehir is the only one we have never even seen. So yeah, I'm very curious.

IC, though, I picture Elsa as favoring a strong ruler over a kindly ruler.

"Are we expecting the shallyans to actually let us in?" he asked. "Will they take the wounded from someone else's army?"
    I'm not answering this IC because the question isn't addressed to Elsa, but I'm pretty sure the Shallyans are not loyal to any specific ruler. They just keep on doing their jobs, whoever may be in charge.

If anything, religious authorities in the city are probably glad to be rid of Alvarr and Rorik, who don't seem to have much respect for clergy (imprisoning Raqiyah, murdering Mother Gaertner, breaking Hyeronimous's arm and burning his home, etc.).
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; Today at 09:02 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Playing:

18. - Top - End - #1188
    Titan in the Playground

If we're pending <something worrying> to bring Adelbert back as a PC, does that mean you'd prefer us to find reasons to not run into him for now?
    Don't worry, he ain't here.

All my NPCs are hustling & bustling but they're mostly not doing anything that can't be summarised rather than played out in real time. If your PCs have business of their own that they want to do right now let's do it; otherwise let's go to plans for the day (or days).

19. - Top - End - #1189

Alright - safe in the knowledge that i'm not going to open any cans of worms too soon, Ludo's going to make sure the injured thorns are all getting looked after, that they're all billeted etc, and then go to the castle library in search of Adelbert.