New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 7 of 51 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #181
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: [WFRP] The Bloody Crown IX

Elsa, Sieghard & Ludo

Sieghard's command whipped the scattered fire of the Thorns into something more like a concerted volley, getting the enemy crossbowmen ducking behind the wagons. Sieghard saw at least two of them hit, falling back out of sight. Only a single man held position long enough to take a shot at Elsa, his shot going so wide that it seemed uncertain whether he'd been aiming at her at all.

Elsa's fireballs had set another of the wagons alight. Two sides of the wagon fort were burning now, the drifting smoke drawing a black curtain between the two sides. The shooting from inside the caravan slackened and died, their crossbowmen unable to stay close enough to the fires to take aim. A few sporadic shots still flew from the Thorns, but their targets were quickly disappearing behind the thickening smoke.

Sieghard could hear something going on behind the wagons, though he couldn't see what. He heard snatches of raised voices, a ragged, half-hearted cheer - and a soot-streaked man burst from between two of the burning wagons. Others poured after him, charging for Elsa's bodyguard - perhaps thirty in all, shields up and swords and drawn. They hadn't an icicle's chance in a oven of taking on the whole company, but if they could take the Captain's wizard...

~

Up in his tree, Ludo tore his eyes away from the defenders' desperate charge to look back to something that was troubling him to the south. Following the line of the road, under the distant shadow of the Rock - was that a smudge of rising dust?

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Elsa is 48 yards from the encampment, so the defenders will take 2 combat rounds to reach her (current) position.
    Spoiler: My Games
    Show

WFRP 2E - Tales of Perilous Adventure
    The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

Dark Heresy 1E - Wake of the Byzantium
    Episodes: I, II, III, IV, V

WFRP 2E - The Bloody Crown
    Threads: I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X

2. - Top - End - #182
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Norten, NOW!!" Sieghard shouted, "Form up to take the charge," he barked, "Volunteers in front, shields high! Time to make Viktor proud! Thorns, one more volley then draw swords!"

Spoiler
    Show
    That probably puts the halberdiers about 5 rounds away. Standing out of crossbow long range, but Alvarr's men aren't directly between us, so it reduces the total distance somewhat....

Sieghard uses both turns readying the Thorns and Volunteers to take the charge and hold until Norten slams into their rear He positions himself at the front and quickdraws both sword and shield while doing this.

(1d100)[5] vs 49 Command to smooth things along

3. - Top - End - #183
    Titan in the Playground

Fanatics, the lot of them...

Elsa cursed whatever fate ruled the universe for not gifting her with control over―say―Ghyran. She was reasonably sure she would not have nearly so many enemies if her powers consisted of bringing bountiful harvests.

She scrambled back to her feet, attempted one last trio of fireballs at the incoming enemy before her guards formed a shieldwall, and drew Aqshy closer to summon a crown of flames above her head. If she was going to die, she might as well make it look dramatic.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    @ LCP: Are we counting Wounds and using crits, or are we simplifying it like we did at the Battle of Manann's Keep?

@TheSummoner: Did your orders have any goal in terms of combat rules, e.g. by having Elsa's guards use a Defensive Stance on the round just before the charge? That would turn the enemy's +10 WS charging bonus into a -10 WS penalty, and it costs us nothing.

Two rounds, then:

Half action to stand up.
    Fireball 12+: (3d10)[4][3][2](9) - Ugh, and the damage was so good!
    Damage (separate targets each):
    (d10+4)[13]
    (d10+4)[8]
    (d10+4)[12]

Crown of Fire (8+) as a full action, spending 1gc as a +1 spell ingredient:
    (2d10)[6][6](12) - Tzeentch has blessed us again.

The first spell petered out due to Elsa's hurry. Whatever threads of magic had been gathered for it were still entangled together when Elsa grasped them again to cast the second spell, and she knew before it was cast that something was about to go wrong.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2018-05-11 at 12:28 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:
    Voyages of the Ghostlight (Risus)

Playing:
    The Bloody Crown (WFRP) as Elsabeth Holt, rogue pyromancer and court wizard

Quote Originally Posted by TheSummoner View Post
    Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeSwordfish View Post
    Ludo has a crowbar, if that helps.

4. - Top - End - #184
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard & Ludo

An unnatural wind swirled around Elsa, hot and fierce as the breath from a furnace. The men around her staggered back, the sharp stink of ash and brimstone filling the air as Elsa’s crown of flames burst into being. Still Sieghard’s shout carried over the dry roar of the spell, and the Volunteers rushed forwards to present a wall of shields in front of their wizard.

The Thorns had been shooting at targets of opportunity, and so their shots now were staggered rather than a single, concerted volley. They found their marks nonetheless. Two men dropped dead, while others staggered and stumbled as the crossbows found their way past their tall shields. The defenders didn’t slow down, bearing down in a disordered wedge toward the point in the Volunteers’ line behind which they could see Elsa’s blazing halo.

The charge struck, Nat’s line buckling but not breaking under the impact. The Volunteers fought only to hold their ground, trying to shelter behind their stolen shields long enough for reinforcements to arrive. Elsa watched as the defenders’ black-bearded leader tried to force his way through the line toward her, breaking through the guard of one of Nat’s soldiers and hacking a deep gash into his arm. Her protector was young, barely more than a boy, but still he held his ground.

One of the caravan guards thought to try his luck against Sieghard, running screaming at the commander only to have his wild blow easily turned by Sieghard’s shield. Looking past him, Sieghard saw the halberdiers surging back through the smoke towards the road, weapons ready. They would be here soon enough.

OOC:
    Spoiler
    Show
    Four combat rounds until the halberdiers arrive.
    Last edited by LCP; 2018-05-11 at 06:33 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

5. - Top - End - #185
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Hold the line!" Sieghard barked, hacking back at his attacker.

Spoiler
    Show
    Swift attack.

(1d100)[13] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+6)[15] Damage

(1d100)[63] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+6)[16] Damage

(1d100)[26] Defender parry assuming he has a shield.

What will it take for Sieghard to fight his way to Marat?

Edit: Better luck than that apparently. A shame because those were some damn nice damage rolls. Also, is it four rounds with their charge counting as the first or four after that with this being the first?
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2018-05-11 at 07:34 PM.

6. - Top - End - #186
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa felt useless; just standing there while men fought and died to protect her. With no other option, she conjured up a quick protection spell, then remained ready for anyone to break through the lines.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Channeling: (d100)[53]
    Aethyric Armour 5+: (2d10)[5][8](13)
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

Oh wow. I will never again underestimate [our characters'] ability to turn friendly conversation into a possible life or death situation.

7. - Top - End - #187
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard & Ludo

As Elsa felt the warmth of Aqshy fold itself around her, the youth in front of her went down with a falchion in his side of his head. As the defenders pressed forwards, Elsa found herself face to face with the bloodstained Marat, the reflection of her fiery crown blazing in his eyes.

The Thorns were surging forwards, swords drawn for all that they barely knew how to use them. With the reinforcement of the crossbowmen, the Volunteers were no longer outnumbered - emerging from behind their shields, they dared to strike back at their attackers. Still the caravan guards pushed their assault, Sieghard's own attacker still battering gamely at his shield - but they didn't seem to be gaining ground.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

8. - Top - End - #188
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Swinging furiously, Sieghard continued to press the attack. However, every time he managed to force his opponent back, the found himself unable to go for a telling blow without leaving himself far too vulnerable to the other caravan guards.

Spoiler
    Show
    Another swift attack. We're going to try fighting through him.

(1d100)[87] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+6)[15] Damage

(1d100)[99] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+6)[14] Damage

(1d100)[45] Defender parry

... So many good damage rolls... When I finally do hit, i'm going to roll minimum damage, mark my words.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2018-05-12 at 10:44 PM.

9. - Top - End - #189
    Titan in the Playground

The line of defenders was breached earlier than Elsa expected, but she faced Marat with calm confidence. The wind of Aqshy burned fiercely around her, both protecting her and lifting her spirits.

A very brave man. Shame to kill him.

She sounded almost apologetic as she summoned the Red Wind again.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Channeling: (d100)[13]
    Fireball 12+: (3d10)[10][1][6](17)

Damage:
    (d10+4)[8]
    (d10+4)[14] - Fury failed to confirm in the OOC thread.
    (d10+4)[12]
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2018-05-13 at 08:55 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

10. - Top - End - #190
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Sieghard & Ludo

Bellowing like a bull, Marat smashed through the holed line, using his shield as a battering ram. Flame flew from Elsa's fingertips to engulf him but still he came on, sword swinging for her throat. Half-blinded by the fire, his blow went wide - but as the flames clinging to him guttered out, he was still standing. Behind him, his men were pushing hard on the gap he had opened, forcing it wider for more of them to rush through.

Still trading blows with the guard who'd rushed him, Sieghard registered the flash of fire and the smell of brimstone from down the line. It looked like Elsa had found trouble as usual.
    Last edited by LCP; 2018-05-13 at 09:53 AM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

11. - Top - End - #191
    Titan in the Playground

Oh, damn. This one's tough.

Mild apprehension rose in Elsa as more of the enemy managed to widen the gap. She resolved to make a fiery example of Marat as a warning to others who tried to approach her.

OOC
    Spoiler
    Show
    Channeling: (d100)[71]
    Fireball: (3d10)[2][1][9](12)

Two fireballs on Marat, the last one on a nameless soldier (preferably someone already wounded).

(d10+4)[5]
    (d10+4)[11]
    (d10+4)[7]
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

12. - Top - End - #192
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Bashing the man's sword aside with his shield, Sieghard stabbed at the soldier, finally managing to draw blood.

Spoiler
    Show
    Well, at least Sieghard can roll WS well when defending. With Marat down, I'm not as worried about getting to Elsa's side. Another swift attack

(1d100)[16] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+6)[10] Damage

(1d100)[67] vs 51 WS
    (1d10+6)[11] Damage

(1d100)[48] Defender parry
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2018-05-13 at 01:28 PM.

13. - Top - End - #193
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Ludo & Sieghard

Bolts of fire swarmed again from Elsa's outstretched hands, slamming into the sergeant one after the other. Wreathed in fire, he fell to his knees, teeth gritted against the pain. With his sword still gripped tight in his blistering fingers, he tried to lever himself to his feet, but couldn't find the strength.

The men behind him were about to rush through to support when a shout came from behind. Norten's men had crossed the road and were approaching the back of the melee at a run, the points of their halberds held low to thrust. Their right flank had overrun the burning wagons, and the sellswords that Marat had left behind were abandoning their makeshift fort like rats from a sinking ship, fleeing north along the road as fast as their feet could carry them.

Panic spread like wildfire among Marat's sortie, men turning in confusion and fear as they heard the shouts that the enemy was behind them. As they wavered, they lost the ground they had gained, Nat's shield wall closing again over the breach Marat had created. With their leader and their target both out of sight, the Duke's men broke, running north in a disorderly rout to escape the jaws of the closing trap. The Thorns and Volunteers cheered and surged after them, their formation dissolving in the chase...
    Last edited by LCP; 2018-05-13 at 02:58 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

14. - Top - End - #194
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Hold!!" Sieghard yelled, running after his men. "Let the farm boys flee, we aren't done here!"

Spoiler
    Show
    (1d100)[34] vs 49 Command.
    (1d100)[98] Reroll.

He walked over to Elsa. "Good work. He's not as valuable as Jager was, but I'm sure the Captain will be happy to have this one. Are you hurt?"
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2018-05-13 at 02:49 PM.

15. - Top - End - #195
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard, Elsa & Ludo

Sieghard's voice cut through the clamour like a knife, stopping the whooping militia in their tracks. Some of the Volunteers still took the opportunity to yell a few taunts after the fleeing foe, mostly fairly vulgar - from up in his tree, Ludo considered that they were really going to have to work on their repartee.

The wagons were still burning, the first one that Elsa had struck now a towering inferno. Sieghard thought he could hear a human voice shouting urgently from inside the wagon fort. It sounded like not everyone had been able to cut and run.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

16. - Top - End - #196
    Titan in the Playground

With the battle done for now, Ludo scrambled down from the tree and ran over. "Someone else is coming. There's a dust cloud to the south, coming from Savonne."

17. - Top - End - #197
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"The wagons," Sieghard ordered. "Get the ones that aren't burning safely away from the ones that are." They had already lost half of the plunder, he wasn't going to let the rest burn with it. "And stop whoever's shouting. If they surrender, disarm them. If not, kill them."

"Someone else is coming. There's a dust cloud to the south, coming from Savonne."

"How long do we have?" he asked.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2018-05-13 at 03:04 PM.

18. - Top - End - #198
    Titan in the Playground

"Good work. He's not as valuable as Jager was, but I'm sure the Captain will be happy to have this one. Are you hurt?"

"Nothing to speak of," said Elsa, gingerly thumbing at the scratch on her hip where a crossbow bolt had grazed her. "Shouldn't we burn the other wagons? We don't have enough animals to take them with us."

She did not worry too much about the dust cloud. It would be a simple matter for their own forces to scatter to the four winds and meet up later.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

19. - Top - End - #199
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard, Elsa, Ludo & Astoria

Norten and his men needed no urging to save the loot. They rushed over towards the fire, swarming like ants around the heavy wagons to try to drag them out of harm's way. The Volunteers and Thorns followed behind, moving slowly as the adrenalin of the battle ebbed away.

Two of Nat's men hauled Marat to his feet, beating out the small fires still smouldering in his clothes. The sergeant hadn't been pretty before, but his new burns certainly weren't helping. Though barely conscious, he muttered a curse in Breton against his captors, trying to muster the strength to spit at Elsa's feet. Instead he just dribbled over his chin.

"Hey!" came a shout from Norten, emerging from behind one of the carts and waving energetically towards Sieghard. "Slayer! Come see this!"

The cart in question was the one that had been struck with the fire arrows. One corner of it was burning, the halberdiers doing their best to beat the fire out. At the back, a handful of Norten's men were trying to break off a solid iron lock that hung from the door of a wooden cage. Inside was a dishevelled young woman, manacled and dressed in soot-stained, unwashed clothes. She was the one who'd been shouting - she was pressed up into the far corner of her prison, trying to put as much distance between herself and the hungry flames as possible.

"Sod this," muttered Roth, as the others' attempts to break the lock continued in vain. Gathering two of his friends from Groz's forces, he pushed his way to the front and set to battering down the wooden door itself. It gave way more easily than the iron - with a few swings of their halberds, the three men managed to splinter and split it enough for it to be kicked and pulled apart by hand.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

20. - Top - End - #200
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"Shouldn't we burn the other wagons? We don't have enough animals to take them with us."

"Not yet," Sieghard replied. "We've got four horses if we make mine and Tanhoffer's pull as well," Elsa couldn't help but notice that he had excluded her own mount. "There's still time and the others that fled can't have gotten far." He turned to Ludo. "Take a dozen Thorns and see if you can track down any of their animals. No dawdling, bring back what you can find and we'll make do."

"Once they've got that fire dealt with, have your men start going through the wagons," he told Norten. "We've taken plenty of food already, unless it's something good, dump anything that will spoil." Then to Nat. "Set a few men to guard their sergeant and have the rest help."

"You," Sieghard said, approaching Marat's prisoner as she pulled herself free. "Who are you and why were you caged?" he demanded, as sociable as ever.

21. - Top - End - #201
    Ogre in the Playground

The moment the soldiers had pulled enough of the cage apart for Astoria that freedom was finally more than a wishful dream, she all but flung herself from the cage and the wagon, sprawling rather unceremoniously on the ground.

"You," Sieghard said, approaching Marat's prisoner as she pulled herself free. "Who are you and why were you caged?" he demanded, as sociable as ever.
    She lay gasping for breath, free of the stifling smoke and the licking flames. It took a moment for her to realize she was being addressed; when she did, Astoria picked herself up off the ground with as much dignity as she could muster - chained as she was.

"I am Astoria Evangelisti, Knight of the Blazing Sun and Initiate of the Temple of Myrmidia in Magritta. I have travelled to the Broken Reaches to find a Priest by the name of Daniele Barbaro on behalf of La Aguila Ultima Isabella Giovanna Luccelli. Apparently....the soldiers who serve Duke Alvarr have no love of Myrmidia, for they clapped me in irons when I spoke of my task."

Soot-smudged cheeks were darkened further by a flush of embarrassment. This indignity would haunt her! She peered from beneath disheveled coal-black hair at Sieghard.

"You have my thanks for freeing me."
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-13 at 06:19 PM.

22. - Top - End - #202
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Sieghard's expression was unreadable. Dressed in sooty rags as she was, the woman didn't exactly look like a knight. "Barbaro serves Duke Alvarr's rival," he explained without mentioning his own connection to Sforza or the priest. "Why do you seek him?"

23. - Top - End - #203
    Ogre in the Playground

Sieghard

Sieghard's expression was unreadable. Dressed in sooty rags as she was, the woman didn't exactly look like a knight. "Barbaro serves Duke Alvarr's rival," he explained without mentioning his own connection to Sforza or the priest. "Why do you seek him?"
    Astoria idly fussed, tucking dirty strands of hair behind her ear and wiping at her face with the sleeve of her tunic - though it did little to help.

"Well..." Astoria huffed, rather indignantly. "That would certainly explain the reception. Oh! That fool of a merchant!" Anger colored her face, copper eyes widening in realization that someone must have sold her incorrect information about her travel plans.

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose while closing her eyes, shoulders sagging slightly.

"The Priests believe there was an....Omen....in Magritta last Hexensnacht. Their divination only spoke of one revelation: the name of Daniele Barbaro. I was sent to seek him out. I have a missive from his superiors."

Suddenly, she gasped as realization dawned on her. Astoria turned to the burning wagons and pushed past the soldiers while frantically trying to remember what wagon held her things.
    Last edited by Erulasto; 2018-05-13 at 06:46 PM.

24. - Top - End - #204
    Titan in the Playground

Astoria, Elsa, Ludo & Sieghard

"Here," grunted Norten as he was shouldered side, "you can't just run off -"

Astoria had run straight to the wagon she remembered Marat sitting on when they had left Alvarran. She hadn't seen much from her cramped cage during the journey, but that seemed like the best bet for where valuable goods might be stowed. Pushing between two of the halberdiers who were busy throwing the cargo off the back, she searched among barrels and boxes for what she was seeking.

She found it stashed under the driver's bench: a dirty crate lined with straw, its lid stamped with the faded imprint of a boar's head. Dragging it back into the open, she prised off the lid - lying inside in an unsightly jumble were the black plates of her armour, along with her shield, a crumpled ball of white robes, and a battered backpack.

Before she could take anything out of the crate, a hand gripped her shoulder. Looking round, she saw it was one of the halberdiers restraining her, his other hand resting on the pommel of his dagger.

"Steady on, fraulein," said Meiner. He had seen what was in the crate as plainly as her, and greed glittered in his eyes. "All this here plunder belongs to the Captain. Ain't that right, Slayer?"
    Last edited by LCP; 2018-05-13 at 07:29 PM.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

25. - Top - End - #205
    Titan in the Playground

Standing by Sieghard's side, Elsa listened to the chained woman's introduction with raised eyebrows. She had no idea any knightly order in the world included women, though this being Myrmidia, it should not surprise her as much as it did. She already felt a sense of kinship with the woman, if only because of her shared experience in having been a captive of Duke Alvarr's thugs.

"There was indeed a worrisome phenomenon on Hexensnacht," she said, stepping forward. "I'm a wizard of the Bright Order, so I felt it. But I'm afraid you'll find Father Barbaro rather useless."

She remembered how the drunken old fool had slept through it all. Properly ordained or not, clearly Myrmidia had not deemed this servant worthy of much mystical powers.
    Last edited by -Sentinel-; 2018-05-13 at 07:05 PM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Running:

Playing:

26. - Top - End - #206
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

"All this here plunder belongs to the Captain. Ain't that right, Slayer?"

He nodded in agreement. "We'll take you to Barbaro and Captain Sforza," Sieghard offered. "If they decide you are what you say and that stuff's yours, I'm sure they'll let you have it back." And incase they did decide to do just that, he'd be sure to count it among the share he turned over.
    Last edited by TheSummoner; 2018-05-13 at 07:35 PM.

27. - Top - End - #207
    Ogre in the Playground

Relief had flooded visibly across her face at seeing most of her things stored within the crate, even the haphazard manner phased her only minutely. Her father's sword and her spear were a different matter, entirely. They were not there! She would find the blade, at least. She could not allow her father's legacy to wallow in the dust of the Broken Reaches, or upon the belt of some unworthy soul.

A hand had just about clutched the strap of her bag when she felt Meiner grab her by the shoulder.

"You dare lay a hand upon a Knight of Myrmidia?" Astoria seemed a bit incredulous, as she turned to face him, trying to shrug his hand off of her. "Plunder indeed!" She scoffed as she turned to Sieghard, eyes wide and - perhaps - a bit nervous, though it was unlikely the proud young woman would ever admit such a thing.

"Very well, I will accompany you. However..." She raised her still-shackled wrists, and gave the small length of chain hemming them together a rattle. "Am I to be your prisoner as well, or may I travel freely with you of my own volition?"

"There was indeed a worrisome phenomenon on Hexensnacht," she said, stepping forward. "I'm a wizard of the Bright Order, so I felt it. But I'm afraid you'll find Father Barbaro rather useless."
    The woman's voice cut through the tension that had been building in Astoria's neck and shoulders since the fire had begun, and she turned rather abruptly - the surprise evident on her features as she took in the sight of the other woman. The young knight had certainly not expected there to be another woman here - having steeled herself to the typical bravado that came with the usual students of the Art of War. There was a moment where it was obvious that her mind was scrambling to catch up with Elsa's comment.

"You....you are the Red Wizard? I..I had heard stories in my travels that there was a Wizard of the Bright Order in the Broken Reaches..." Astoria scratched at her messy, tangled mane of hair a bit nervously. "It is pleasure to meet you, my lady." The indecision written upon her face disappeared as she remembered herself, and dropped to a knee before Elsa. "You..ah...you are much fairer a vision to behold than the stories had indicated."

Of course, the stories usually portrayed Sforza's pet wizard as a wretchedly old man, or a wrinkled hag little better than a Greenskin. Astoria flushed at her fumbling, and tried to remember the lessons of court. Serves her right for listening to stories from the people of Sforza's rival. They would be woefully inaccurate, and prejudicial.
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf

28. - Top - End - #208
    Titan in the Playground

Sieghard

Quote Originally Posted by Erulasto View Post
    "Very well, I will accompany you. However..." She raised her still-shackled wrists, and gave the small length of chain hemming them together a rattle. "Am I to be your prisoner as well, or may I travel freely with you of my own volition?"
    "If you find the key to those digging through the wagons, let her free," Sieghard told Meiner. "If they can't find it, we'll have wait until we get back to camp to have them cut off," he continued. "And keep in mind, if you cause any trouble before then we can put them right back on."

29. - Top - End - #209
    Titan in the Playground

Elsa, Ludo, Sieghard & Astoria

"These them?"

Looking round, Sieghard saw one of the Volunteers holding up Marat fishing a ring of keys from the sergeant's belt. He jangled them for good measure.
    Show

The Hour After Midnight
    The Lord of Lost Heart
    Ill Met By Morrslieb

30. - Top - End - #210
    Ogre in the Playground

Sieghard

"If you find the key to those digging through the wagons, let her free," Sieghard told Meiner. "If they can't find it, we'll have wait until we get back to camp to have them cut off," he continued. "And keep in mind, if you cause any trouble before then we can put them right back on."
    Astoria nodded slowly, Sieghard's command drawing her attention back to her unfortunately stark situation.

"Sir....if your men find an older looking blade of Estalian make among the dead or captive - it would have a small eagle holding a stylized 'E' upon the pommel. Would you at least save me the dishonor of losing my father's sword?"

It was clear she wasn't going to be getting much of a better deal than this, at least for now.

At least Elsa was the only one who was likely to take a liking to the perfumed soaps wrapped safely at the bottom of her backpack.

Oh, how she would kill to be in a tub of hot water at the moment. The irony of her situation and the analogy were painfully lost on her...
    "Even in these chains, you can't stop me!" - In This Moment, Big Bad Wolf