New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Dragon base class (Idea Fishing)

OK so I'm working on making Dragons very generic for a Gestalt campaign so that players can play them. I want to strip Dragons down so that most dragons will be Dragon(Class)//Sorcerer, or they can be Dragon//What ever.

The Striped down dragon class will give Full base attack bonus, all good saves, d12 hit dice 6+int skill points.

Now what I'm not sure on is how much Energy resistance, breath weapon damage/size, Natural armor, ability score increases and Damage reduction. These are the things I'm looking to put in the class at this moment, they may change by the time I put the class on these boards and this is just to get a fell of power. Now what I want from all of you my Gitp friends is to tell me at level 20 of this class how much Energy Resistance, Breath weapon damage, Natural armor, ability increases and damage reduction the class should have.
    Just tell me what you think and put its power level some were between Wizard and cleric.

I know this is a bit odd to ask but any help would be great I have an idea of this but hey I don't normally like making base classes because power levels always seem to get me unless I base them off an existing class which this one is not.

Thanks,
    Stickman

P.S: I'm not quite sure how I'm going to work out size increase or natural weapons yet but I think that is going to be tied to the race and not the class.
    [url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53501]

50 Unconfirmed Rumors About 4th Ed!

2. - Top - End - #2

Default Re: Dragon base class (Idea Fishing)

Um... It's kinda a hard idea, as it might be alot more powerful than existing classes...

I'd go with using the Dragonfire Adept, or te Dragon Shaman PrC... Maybe combining those idea together if you're set on building something.
    If there's a rule, there's someone out there trying to figure out how to get around it just to piss off his DM.

Spoiler
    Show
    - The Jack-signal. Thanks Jokes!

Avatar created by Yeril, who made it look awesome.

3. - Top - End - #3
    Halfling in the Playground

i dont know if any one knows which one, but there was a Dragon magizine with all the dragons boiled down to monster levels. it's in my huge stack somewhere.
    Confucius say:
    Spoiler
    Show
    War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left.
    Man who stand on toilet is high on pot.
    Man who run in front of car get tired, man who run behind car get exhausted, but man who run beside car, is adored

A man is only as old as the woman he feels.
    The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made.
    Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others.
    ~Groucho Marx (1895-1977)~

4. - Top - End - #4
    Dwarf in the Playground

Kobold

Your best bet for Dragon progressions is the Draconomicon, it had progressions in it for dragons as PCs.

5. - Top - End - #5

Well I don't need any help on this class as I'm more or less done with it I'm just working on the base race now and will be posting it in a few days.
    [url=http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53501]

50 Unconfirmed Rumors About 4th Ed!