New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Ettin in the Playground

Default Re: On Behalf of Sharad9: What would change if only men passed on the casting ability

Quote Originally Posted by Newtonsolo313 View Post
    honest tiefling, i agree with many of your points. i'm saying it is not the only way, additionally it does not fit into a default “medieval europe but magic” style country because it is dissonant with the values at the time but if it does meet the conditions i listed then by all means go ahead

cultures having different ways to deal with this is inevitable this could be one but i do not believe it should be universal.
    I think I'm confused as to exactly what you mean, for I think you're saying that this doesn't fit into a Faux-Medieval European setting, and that should be a universal assumption?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

2. - Top - End - #32
    Orc in the Playground

Default Re: On Behalf of Sharad9: What would change if only men passed on the casting ability

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    I think I'm confused as to exactly what you mean, for I think you're saying that this doesn't fit into a Faux-Medieval European setting, and that should be a universal assumption?
    your half right
    the first part is correct, it does not fit into such a setting without having deviations from the “norm”
    the second part is incorrect, i am stating that this “system” won’t make sense in every part of the setting nor am i stating that the medieval europe trope is to be assumed to be universal. i am stating that the worldbuilder must take into consideration a variety of factors in deciding whether not to institute this “system” for any part of the setting.
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    Interesting that it wasn't written in Draconic. Are Kobolds keeping their deviant pleasures secret from their dragon masters now? It's the beginning of the revolution and it's starting in the bedroom nest!

This forum has century gothic as a font. That's pretty cool

3. - Top - End - #33
    Ettin in the Playground

So what IS the norm?
    Quote Originally Posted by Oko and Qailee View Post
    Man, I like this tiefling.
    For all of your completely and utterly honest needs. Zaydos made, Tiefling approved.

4. - Top - End - #34
    Orc in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Honest Tiefling View Post
    So what IS the norm?
    a faux medieval european setting, i said it can’t be assumed because deviations from the “formula” are commonplace enough that you cannot be certain
    Spoiler: quotes
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JellyPooga View Post
    Interesting that it wasn't written in Draconic. Are Kobolds keeping their deviant pleasures secret from their dragon masters now? It's the beginning of the revolution and it's starting in the bedroom nest!

This forum has century gothic as a font. That's pretty cool