New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. - Top - End - #31
    Barbarian in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: New "A Monster for Every Season" - Winter (Vol. 4) - On sale now!

Quote Originally Posted by kostej View Post
    With the recent OotS installments, special AMFES issue containing god avatars would be awesome...
    Not that I haven’t already built campaigns around AMFES minis, but I would absolutely build a new one around those!
    We don't need no steeeenkin' signatures!

2. - Top - End - #32
    Pixie in the Playground

BlueWizardGirl

Oh man, there's going to be a second set? I thought my wallet was safe...

(Though that does explain why there aren't any werewolves...)

3. - Top - End - #33
    Pixie in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Really love these minis. Printed out a set of line art fighters and rogues and hand colored my own Redbrand Gang for the Mines of Phandelver campaign.

Quick question. In the Spring and Summer sets, there is a Bookmark pane that allows for very easy navigation to the main categories of minis. This feature is missing in the Autumn and Summer sets. Do you plan on going back and adding the bookmarks to the files? Autumn and Winter feel much more awkward to navigate compared to Spring and Summer.

Other than that one suggestion, just wanted to say kudos and that I really appreciate the work you put into these things :)

4. - Top - End - #34
    Bugbear in the Playground

I do have to say I love all the sets. Minorly bugs me that a few of the core classes got left out, but there's enough here period to make me happy regardless.
    Last edited by Crisis21; 2018-10-14 at 10:01 AM.
    Wind & Sound Elemental Eric Greenhilt avatar by Akrim.elf
    Bodyguard in Lix's Harem
    Ninja-Pirate of BvS's Privateer village! Come and join me!
    My Extended Signature
    My Pokemon!

5. - Top - End - #35
    Dwarf in the Playground

Is there any word yet on when we might see the next set come out? I really love these sets and have been getting a ton of mileage out of them, but there are still a few notable exclusions that I have trouble working around. Specifically, my players are at a point where they may be delving into a story arc fighting illithids, and there are no mind flayers or mind flayer-adjacent creatures other than grimlocks in the current sets. For now, I pasted an octopus over the head of a necromancer, but that falls a liiiittle bit short of perfection. XD

6. - Top - End - #36
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Wryte View Post
    Is there any word yet on when we might see the next set come out? I really love these sets and have been getting a ton of mileage out of them, but there are still a few notable exclusions that I have trouble working around. Specifically, my players are at a point where they may be delving into a story arc fighting illithids, and there are no mind flayers or mind flayer-adjacent creatures other than grimlocks in the current sets. For now, I pasted an octopus over the head of a necromancer, but that falls a liiiittle bit short of perfection. XD
    I'd imagine intellectual property issues would prevent any illithids (parody is protected speech, but just having some miniatures is not parody). No idea if there is some public domain creature that would be close enough in appearance.

7. - Top - End - #37
    Barbarian in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by facw View Post
    I'd imagine intellectual property issues would prevent any illithids (parody is protected speech, but just having some miniatures is not parody). No idea if there is some public domain creature that would be close enough in appearance.
    Pretty sure one of the miniature sets (can't remember which one, I think Fall?) has a copyrighted monster with the phrase "wink wink" on it. I want to say it was the Rust Monster, but Rich called it an "Oxidation Monster" (making it read as: Oxidation Monster (wink wink)).

I'm away from my laptop right now, so I could be misremembering all this. If I'm correct, though, it likely means Rich can use copyrighted monsters in the minis by simply renaming them.
    Last edited by The Aboleth; 2018-10-27 at 09:44 PM.

8. - Top - End - #38

There are also Neogi under a different spelling, and some Oz creatures, plus others.

9. - Top - End - #39
    Giant in the Playground Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Wryte View Post
    The next set will probably be in the Spring 2019, but I wouldn't expect those particular monsters to necessarily be in it. I'll be doing a whole second round of seasons, and squiggly psionic creatures will probably be in either Summer or Winter, I haven't decided yet.
    Rich Burlew

Now Available: 2023 OOTS Holiday Ornament plus a big pile of new t-shirt designs (that you can also get on mugs and stuff)!

~~You can also support The Order of the Stick and the GITP forum at Patreon.~~

10. - Top - End - #40

squiggly psionic creatures
    Rich, I will put an extra $20 in the PWYW field if you officially name them that.

11. - Top - End - #41
    Dwarf in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    The next set will probably be in the Spring 2019, but I wouldn't expect those particular monsters to necessarily be in it. I'll be doing a whole second round of seasons, and squiggly psionic creatures will probably be in either Summer or Winter, I haven't decided yet.
    Dang. Then again, at the rate my campaign moves, that could still be in time. XD

Thanks for the update!

12. - Top - End - #42
    Ettin in the Playground

Rich, may we use screen captures of these monsters as tokens for online RPGs like on Roll20?
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season