New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Ogre in the Playground

DruidGuy

Default Monk/Cleric in Pathfinder

My gaming group has decided to start a new Pathfinder game. I've decided I want to play a Monk/Cleric combo, like a 3.5 Sacred Fist. However, I was not able to find a PrC like that. (I did find Champion of the Enlightened, but that requires LG and I don't think that would work well with the way the other players like to play...) Is there a PrC like Sacred Fist in Pathfinder?

Or in the alternative, is there a feat like Superior Unarmed Strike that would allow me to advance unarmed damage and just play a straight Cleric?

My DM has specifically asked that I not use 3.5 stuff. (Although that was in context of me bringing up ToB classes. She MAY be OK with using the 3.5 Sacred Fist, but I would still rather find an actual Pathfinder class.)
    Last edited by Kesnit; 2018-03-29 at 08:20 PM.
    Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

2. - Top - End - #2
    Dwarf in the Playground

ElfMonkGuy

Default Re: Monk/Cleric in Pathfinder

Quote Originally Posted by Kesnit View Post
    My gaming group has decided to start a new Pathfinder game. I've decided I want to play a Monk/Cleric combo, like a 3.5 Sacred Fist. However, I was not able to find a PrC like that. (I did find Champion of the Enlightened, but that requires LG and I don't think that would work well with the way the other players like to play...) Is there a PrC like Sacred Fist in Pathfinder?

Or in the alternative, is there a feat like Superior Unarmed Strike that would allow me to advance unarmed damage and just play a straight Cleric?

My DM has specifically asked that I not use 3.5 stuff. (Although that was in context of me bringing up ToB classes. She MAY be OK with using the 3.5 Sacred Fist, but I would still rather find an actual Pathfinder class.)
    This is exactly what you're looking for!

3. - Top - End - #3
    Spamalot in the Playground

Default Re: Monk/Cleric in Pathfinder

Archetypes (like the one Galaktic linked) fill the same conceptual role that PrCs did in 3.5. Pathfinder has PrCs but not nearly as many, and they typically represent specific organizations or specialized training rather than the "combine two classes, drop some features" PrCs of 3.5.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)