The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 4 of 31 FirstFirst 123456789101112131429 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #91
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: The Black Shingle Fiasco (OOC) II: The Second One

Psst. If you use one charge at a time you'd get 4d8 (2x2d8) worth of healing-Using multiple charges at once is only for when you're in combat or you need to kill a Shadow or something.

2. - Top - End - #92
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Gotcha, I noticed but was afraid it'd be considered.. cheating, I guess? Maybe more like an exploit. But if you're recommending it I'll just go ahead and add it anyway

Heal: (1d8)[5]

3. - Top - End - #93

Quote Originally Posted by Kushina43 View Post
    Rakash is a really agile sort.
    Being completely honest, Rakash is really good - at really just the one thing =)

4. - Top - End - #94
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Kaptain, I don't mean to be rude, but I can't for the life of me work out how Rakash ended up with those ability scores? The SRD has a goblin's modifiers as -2 each to Str and Cha, and a +2 to Dex. Getting Dex 20 by lvl 4 would require you to start with 17 Dex, which would cost 13 of the 30 points we all got (according to the table in the DMG). Is Rakash a particular subrace from a later MM or other splatbook?

5. - Top - End - #95

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Kaptain, I don't mean to be rude, but I can't for the life of me work out how Rakash ended up with those ability scores? The SRD has a goblin's modifiers as -2 each to Str and Cha, and a +2 to Dex. Getting Dex 20 by lvl 4 would require you to start with 17 Dex, which would cost 13 of the 30 points we all got (according to the table in the DMG). Is Rakash a particular subrace from a later MM or other splatbook?
    Um, I've not yet found time to modify him? He's 32 point buy, currently. I frankly don't even remember what the Big 16 said, but he's definitely a bit high toned right now. I've built this character so many times, for so many games, all of which failed =(

I have all faith that I'll find time to bring him in line before we find combat. Maybe.

Also, it's possible he was made (last time) for Pathfinder? And they do the whole Point Buy thing differently.

Suffice it to say, he's entirely incomplete at this present time.

6. - Top - End - #96
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

Hey everybody. Just to let everybody know that I'm still working on my character. The character that I'll be playing is Pamela Chalice, a Netural Good female human psion. I heard that Psion can deal so much damage in the game and is a much better class than a rogue and warlock. I'm not quite done yet but this is what I got so far: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1104865

7. - Top - End - #97
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptin Keen View Post
    Um, I've not yet found time to modify him? He's 32 point buy, currently. I frankly don't even remember what the Big 16 said, but he's definitely a bit high toned right now. I've built this character so many times, for so many games, all of which failed =(

I have all faith that I'll find time to bring him in line before we find combat. Maybe.

Also, it's possible he was made (last time) for Pathfinder? And they do the whole Point Buy thing differently.

Suffice it to say, he's entirely incomplete at this present time.
    Okay, good to know, thanks.

8. - Top - End - #98

He should now be made by the same rules as everyone else.

9. - Top - End - #99

Guys, this is what we know about the "Hybrids", which do need a better name as they're not a Hybrid of anything but are their own race.

HP 22 (this is confirmed)
    AC 17 (this being +2 Leather, +2 heavy wooden shield, +2 Dex and +1 Natural), Touch 12. Confirmed by fighting them lots.
    Attack is around +5/1d8+2 (maybe a bit more, this seems about right for the damage we've been taking from them)
    Climb speed.
    No natural attacks that we've seen.
    Appear to be native to jungles in the Abyss.
    Have a warrior culture with some odd little quirks, don't run away much, carry dried meat rations, copper coins with the Wheeler symbol, and little charms in the shape of a frog.

They're about the same threat level as Bugbears except that the climb speed makes them dangerous if you're relying on terrain to defend against them (or stop them from escaping).

10. - Top - End - #100
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    Hey everybody. Just to let everybody know that I'm still working on my character. The character that I'll be playing is Pamela Chalice, a Netural Good female human psion. I heard that Psion can deal so much damage in the game and is a much better class than a rogue and warlock. I'm not quite done yet but this is what I got so far: https://www.myth-weavers.com/sheet.html#id=1104865
    Looks fine, for the most part. Though you seem to have a few too many hit points - assuming you rolled maximum HP for every single level, you'd only have 24. Considering the fairly low chance of that happening, I think it would be best if you rolled HP in the thread or took the average (which would be 6 HP at first level, and 4 for each level after that, putting you at 18.) You also didn't take a psionic discipline. You've haven't spent all your skill points, either. A 4th level human psion with Pamela's intelligence should have 42 skill points, but you've only used 22 of those.
    He should now be made by the same rules as everyone else.
    Good stuff.

11. - Top - End - #101

Quote Originally Posted by YossarianLives View Post
    Looks fine, for the most part. Though you seem to have a few too many hit points - assuming you rolled maximum HP for every single level, you'd only have 24. Considering the fairly low chance of that happening, I think it would be best if you rolled HP in the thread or took the average (which would be 6 HP at first level, and 4 for each level after that, putting you at 18.) You also didn't take a psionic discipline. You've haven't spent all your skill points, either. A 4th level human psion with Pamela's intelligence should have 42 skill points, but you've only used 22 of those.

Good stuff.
    He's taken the Kineticist discipline. He just hasn't written it down anywhere.

Power points are all off. Should be 17 (base) + 6 (bonus) = (max) 23. Not this 0+3=3 stuff. I don't even know where that comes from.

12. - Top - End - #102
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    He's taken the Kineticist discipline. He just hasn't written it down anywhere.

Power points are all off. Should be 17 (base) + 6 (bonus) = (max) 23. Not this 0+3=3 stuff. I don't even know where that comes from.
    This too. Good catch.

13. - Top - End - #103

Are you any good with names, lady Avita? mumbles Rakash as he fishes out a set of picks and sets about the lock with something bordering on competence.
    Probably not, given she tends to nickname everyone and everything she's known of for longer than five minutes, habitually refers to Dieties by their titles, and has deliberately got one NPCs name wrong three times in the space of one short conversation just to show how utterly sick of him she was.

Also; "Lady?"

14. - Top - End - #104

The habits of surface dwellers baffle me. But polite modes of address pales in comparison to the moronic joy you express when the wrath of your bright gods burns freely in the sky. It may require a moment to decipher that this is a reference to humans enjoying sunshine.

15. - Top - End - #105

"I've already killed one Rogue today. Let's not make it two!"

16. - Top - End - #106

Oh no, Rakash, if you insult our giant flaming ball of gas, we will kill you ... mutters Rakash, mi-mi-mi-mi-mi, he goes on mockingly. I thought you didn't like the Pelorites, isn't it their thing mostly?

To show everyone what a good person I am, I always start conversations by stating how many people I've killed today!

17. - Top - End - #107

"Nine. It's my day off."

18. - Top - End - #108

I'm sure your official letter of acceptance as an Honorary Elf is already in the mail. While I - the 'evil' goblin - never killed anyone.

I assume this entire conversation is taking place - whispered - as we enter the house. Which reminds me that Rakash will hang back, let the others pass, then swipe the decorative silver cutlery. Rakash works on the assumption that anything you do not sufficiently secure, doesn't really belong to you anyways.

19. - Top - End - #109
    Ettin in the Playground

DrowGuy

I'm done with my character sheet. Is there anything that I miss or I'm good to go?

20. - Top - End - #110

Does anyone else get really antsy about making Move Silently checks out of fear a bad roll will screw everyone up?

21. - Top - End - #111
    Titan in the Playground

Does anyone else get really antsy about making Move Silently checks out of fear a bad roll will screw everyone up?
    Ya, but im wearing Full Plate so im not even gonna try.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

22. - Top - End - #112

That's a point. "I only have to be quieter than the guys with the -5 ACF." Something of a relief.

Ooo. And Sarrazin's glaive does bonus damage against evil Outsiders! Now we might get to find out if the Hybrids are actually Outsiders. And knowing is half the battle!

They might well be just Monstrous Humanoids (Extraplanar).

23. - Top - End - #113

.. nah =)

24. - Top - End - #114
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Bartmanhomer View Post
    I'm done with my character sheet. Is there anything that I miss or I'm good to go?
    You still haven't fixed the power points - you should have 23. But otherwise you're good to go. I'll put your new character into the game as soon as possible.

EDIT: Okay, I'm confused. Did Rakash say he was going to steal the spoons? Or was that a dream? I think it might have been a dream, because I can't find that anywhere in either thread. Don't judge me. I dream about weird things.

25. - Top - End - #115

MonkGirl

Not just you, I could have sworn I'd seen a post like that as well

26. - Top - End - #116
    Titan in the Playground

I'm sure your official letter of acceptance as an Honorary Elf is already in the mail. While I - the 'evil' goblin - never killed anyone.

I assume this entire conversation is taking place - whispered - as we enter the house. Which reminds me that Rakash will hang back, let the others pass, then swipe the decorative silver cutlery. Rakash works on the assumption that anything you do not sufficiently secure, doesn't really belong to you anyways.
    Its right there, he said cutlery, not spoons.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

27. - Top - End - #117

MonkGirl

Thats honestly why I was hesitant on whether you wanted me to actually roll it lol

28. - Top - End - #118

I feel I should apologize. Avita tends to do most of the talking (as you've noticed), so most of her skill points have gone into things like Bluff (for the synergy bonus to Diplomacy) and Intimidate and left her very little for things like Spellcraft and Knowledges.

I'm kicking myself for putting a rank in Decypher Script. Unless you've got it maxed out and have a very high INT, maybe a decent WIS as well, that skill is dangerously useless.

29. - Top - End - #119
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Blackhawk748 View Post
    Its right there, he said cutlery, not spoons.
    Ah, right. It was in the OOC thread. Thanks for finding that.

30. - Top - End - #120

Right. So it's an Aberration isn't it? We need K/Dungeoneering.