The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed
The Order of the Stick: Utterly Dwarfed - Coming in December and available for pre-order now
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
  1. - Top - End - #241
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Default Re: The Black Shingle Fiasco (OOC) II: The Second One

I'd be cool with just popping off questions OOC.

For Sarrazin's part, he believes that the best we can hope for is firm identification of the various demons/aberrations we've encountered so far and perhaps some tips on their powers and weaknesses (i.e. a classic Knowledge check).

To wit:
    - The shapeshifter that ate Eric Spade.
    - Laelth.
    - The blob we killed at Parker's place.
    - The many-eyed chap behind the Parker residence.
    - The Handymen.

It would also be nice if Hill happens to know anything about the why of the Wheeler invasion - what's the planar grapevine saying?

2. - Top - End - #242
    Ogre in the Playground

That's a big ol' chunk of lore right there. Let me know if I missed any of your questions.

3. - Top - End - #243
    Firbolg in the Playground

Each Ena'Qaeral'l is gifted their own blade upon reaching adulthood, and even poorly-skilled warriors have been known to manifest miracles in combat: moving with unnatural speed, conjuring fire, short-range teleportation.
    I'm calling Swordsage.

4. - Top - End - #244
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

I'm really sorry for not mentioning it, but I was away from home for several days. Family vacation, you see, didn't have much opportunity to check in and mobile's a crapshoot anyway. I'll be catching up today as usual

5. - Top - End - #245
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kushina43 View Post
    I'm really sorry for not mentioning it, but I was away from home for several days. Family vacation, you see, didn't have much opportunity to check in and mobile's a crapshoot anyway. I'll be catching up today as usual
    It's totally fine! You really don't have to worry about apologizing every time you disappear for a few days.

6. - Top - End - #246
    Ogre in the Playground

Also: I'm not entirely sure what materials you want Hill to examine. Presumably just all the documents you recovered from Thaddeus' and Parker's houses? That's what I'll go with, but let me know if I miss something.

7. - Top - End - #247

That's pretty much it. The major purpose of the expedition was to find interesting stuff in those places and get them to people who can tell us what they mean.

Oh yes, and Avita likes maps.

8. - Top - End - #248
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Sorry for not posting for a while, I've been at a planning conference for three days - totally knackered as a result. I'll try and get back in the game tomorrow or during the weekend.

9. - Top - End - #249

Sorry for the really short post. I had a much longer one planned but then the conversation took a different direction.

So; we're going to be fighting Tametoa . That right?

10. - Top - End - #250
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Turning to the rest of the team he asks: "Other than drafting the letters Avita suggested, do we need to trouble Emyera and Professor Hill for anything else?"
    Since no one's responded, I'm guessing the answer is a no.

Where to next?

11. - Top - End - #251
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

The professor offered to refer us to a wizard colleague to help out with the spellbook, and there's the matter of tracking someone down who can read Draconic and Ignan (the letters were written in Ignan using Draconic script, right?). So we could do either of those, unless the longer term players have some other ideas. I think there were still some possible spies/informers/witnesses we were hoping to track down?

12. - Top - End - #252
    Ogre in the Playground

I'm not really getting a definitive answer from anyone; no need to worry about it being correct, I'd just like to make sure the game keeps going.

13. - Top - End - #253
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

If no one else weighs in soon, I suggest we go to Hill's contact at the wizard academy. It also seems like a likely place to find someone that could read the letters.

14. - Top - End - #254
    Titan in the Playground

I vote move on to contact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guigarci View Post
    "Mr. Aochev, tear down this wall!" Ro'n Ad-Ri'Gan, Bard
    Tiefling Sorcerer by Linkele
    Spoiler: Homebrew stuff
    Show
    My Spell, My Weapon, Im a God

My Post Apocalyptic Alternate Timeline setting: Amerhikan Wasteland

My Historical Stuff channel

15. - Top - End - #255
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well. The players have spoken.

16. - Top - End - #256

I'm quite serious about getting those letters off. Are we assumed to have drafted and dropped them off already or do we have to go back to prof. Hill?

I should note ONE of them was going to go to the temple of St Cuthbert; asking after Maia Fields as well as the demon warnings; another was to go to Thaddeus's old manservant. If we don't send them, we have to physically visit these people, today. And we already have Maia's family to interview.

17. - Top - End - #257
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marlowe View Post
    I'm quite serious about getting those letters off. Are we assumed to have drafted and dropped them off already or do we have to go back to prof. Hill?
    I'm going to assume that you already drafted the letter and left it with Hill.

Though I will admit, I'm not 100% sure of the contents of the letters, and who is going to receive one. Some clarification would be welcome.

18. - Top - End - #258

Letter 1: Back to Lieutenant Kresh (Because he'll yell at us if we don;t give him a heads up). Brief description of affairs at Parker's residences, including the goblin's desertion, Laelth's appearance and his attempt to suborn us, invitation to crab island, description of guardian blob and watcher orgasmatron, and intent to seek further council at the sage's guild. Signed "Avita Santiago"

Letters 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7: To the temples of Garl Glittergold, Heironyous, Wee Jas, Boccob, Hextar, Fharlaghan. Just a simple tactful notice of Laelth's stated intent to hold some event almost certainly detrimental to the city's interests at Crab island in two days time, and the suggestion that preparations be made. Warning to spread to worshippers about the Cartman and the other infiltrating demons spotted today, with descriptions. Signed; "Senra City Guard Special Warrant Officer Avita Santiago".

Letter 8: To the Temple of Saint Cuthbert, as above, only also asking for news of Maia Fields, expressing concern for her safety, and suggesting that she be pointed in the City Guard's direction should she surface. Signed as above.

Letter 9: To Thaddues's old manservant. Warning him that his old master has been arrested for treason, that he is not under suspicion, but there might be illegal elements out to remove him as a possible witness. Suggest that he present himself to guard HQ, or failing that take a vacation somewhere sunny, or failing THAT just hole up somewhere with a pile of loaded crossbow. Unsigned.

Avita will seal all but 9 with candlewax and use her unholy symbols to make an imprint.

Like I said, I had a long post planned on this but the conversation went another direction.

19. - Top - End - #259
    Ogre in the Playground

Very well. It shall be done.

Like I said, I had a long post planned on this but the conversation went another direction.
    Yeah, sorry about that. There weren't any posts for a couple days and I wanted to make sure things kept moving.

20. - Top - End - #260

Oh, and when I say "preparations should be made", that means "preparations to prevent, forestall, or defend against whatever he's planning". Not help him. You know.

21. - Top - End - #261
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Just a heads up. I'll be travelling and therefore away from my computer until at least late Saturday afternoon. I can keep abreast of developments in the game with my mobile, but I prefer to post from a proper computer, so I won't be posting IC until I get home.

22. - Top - End - #262
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

Question regarding this snippet from Ammel:
    Ammel shifts in her chair to face Sarrazin, giving the handsome half-elf a searching look. "I can't be sure, but if you will allow some speculation - I would guess this ritual was used to make 'first contact.' Any preceding meetings were likely conducted with other means. Otherwise, as you say, any number of nosy demons could butt in."
    I'm not sure how to read this. Are you saying "preceding" as in meetings held before using the ritual to make "first contact"? So Ammel's theory is that Parker somehow had prior meetings with Laelth (or someone else?) before sending out the call that he wanted to meet... Laelth?

23. - Top - End - #263
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by rax View Post
    Question regarding this snippet from Ammel:

I'm not sure how to read this. Are you saying "preceding" as in meetings held before using the ritual to make "first contact"? So Ammel's theory is that Parker somehow had prior meetings with Laelth (or someone else?) before sending out the call that he wanted to meet... Laelth?
    Yeah, sorry, that's my bad. Another case of me writing these posts in the evening after a long day. I meant following, not preceding.

24. - Top - End - #264
    Barbarian in the Playground

MonkGirl

Back again, making some life changes and this was forgotten in the confusion whoops. Catching up

25. - Top - End - #265
    Ogre in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kushina43 View Post
    Back again, making some life changes and this was forgotten in the confusion whoops. Catching up
    All good!

On Another Note:
    What next? It seems safe to assume you're leaving Ammel's office, but where to next?

26. - Top - End - #266
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

I think Marlowe mentioned interviewing Maia's family somewhere up thread? So I guess that's our next port of call, unless someone has any better ideas? (Honestly, Sarrazin is just along for the ride at the moment - he has no personal opinion on who we need to see, since the events that are informing our choices are news to him)

27. - Top - End - #267

Heading for Maia's folks is the next and last item on our to-do list. I'm hoping those letters should help move other things along.

Do we have that book on Crab island? Do we have a list of spells in the spellbook.

Avita need bath and bacon and beer and sleep. Badly.

28. - Top - End - #268
    Ogre in the Playground

Do we have that book on Crab island?
    That you do. It will take a few hours to read, though.
    Do we have a list of spells in the spellbook.
    Ammel is going to go through it and send the list tomorrow morning, along with the rest of her reports.

29. - Top - End - #269
    Ogre in the Playground

Flumph

No IC posting for me today, folks. Crappy connection, no sleep, and a splitting headache have put me off my game.

30. - Top - End - #270

Five gets you ten the Sages Guild big-wig who's blocking their intervention is another traitor. They should just rename this city "The Republican Party".