New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
  1. - Top - End - #1
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Help Posting Adventure Conversions

Hi All!

I'm new here but I have recently converted an old 2ed adventure to 3.5ed, but I need help figuring out how to give these files to the community. Is someone able walk me through step by step how to do this?

I have Google Drive, there are three files, all PDF.

Thank you!

2. - Top - End - #2
    Troll in the Playground

PaladinGuy

Default Re: Help Posting Adventure Conversions

The first question has to be "is this a published adventure or one you wrote?"

One thing this site does not support is links to, or discussions of how to access, copyright material. So, unless your conversion is incredibly well done (I think it possible) then it probably contains copyright material (i.e. any text or maps from the original and any non-OGL* content from the conversion) and is not a viable topic for discussion on these forums.

Futhermore, legal advice is also not permitted on these forums, so we cannot discuss how you might gain permission to reproduce elements, nor advice on where exactly to draw the line on "fair use" when trying to write a conversion which does not have these issues.

Generally speaking, if your conversion is a list of which encounters to replace with what 3.5/PF equivalents, and where to find the stats for those equivalents and nothing else then we can offer hosting advice.

* Note: I am not intending to imply that OGL material is not Copyright protected - it is, but it is material that we have permission to reproduce

3. - Top - End - #3
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: Help Posting Adventure Conversions

It is a previously published adventure, Labyrinth of Madness ... written in 1995 or so.

I have been all over Wizard's website, reading the Fan Content Policy, Terms of Use, and Code of Conduct. It for sure does not violate the last two. The first one, Fan Content Policy, is situational at best. They seem very lenient if you declare that it is both "unofficial" and "free" meaning you receive no compensation for it.

There is also a little blurb you can put on it that has all the necessary copyright jargon.

Surely this has come up on the forums before?

Thanks!