New OOTS products from CafePress
New OOTS t-shirts, ornaments, mugs, bags, and more
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213
  1. - Top - End - #361
    Banned

Planetar

Default Re: Diablo III: 4 - Necros Aren't Just for Posts Anymore!

Hmm, maybe wear I could get the uptick. Running Aquila, but not Heart of Iron in favour of chest in Cube, but maybe. Heart of Iron does 300%, while SV apparently procs 20% of the time for effectively 200%, but in AoE, although that's something Bombardment Crusader hardly lacks in.

I guess they work in a LoNBombSader, unless there's a better Bracer?

2. - Top - End - #362
    Spamalot in the Playground

No need to choose, with the RRoG bonus this season you can simply wear SV and still get the full set bonus, while also getting both Heart and Aquila. I would wear the Aquila personally since the variable doesn't matter there (you have no spender.)

SV used to suck because the proc only triggered your base thorns (i.e. not the boosted amount from Invoker or Heart, so a piddly amount) but they may have finally changed that.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy
    Ext. Sig (Handbooks/Creations)

3. - Top - End - #363
    Banned

Planetar

Think I have actually been using a RoRG actually, with Travellers Pledge and CoE cubed on my off season, not sure if I have the time or inclination to grt myself another Crusader going. Having enough time trying to get my Trag's through.

Really wish they gave us double bounty mats again. Absolutely hate running them for so little gain.an spend. Ore time chasing Rift Keys and Grifting to higher levels.
    Last edited by Kadesh; 2019-02-19 at 08:08 PM.

4. - Top - End - #364
    Firbolg in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Kadesh View Post
    Think I have actually been using a RoRG actually, with Travellers Pledge and CoE cubed on my off season, not sure if I have the time or inclination to grt myself another Crusader going. Having enough time trying to get my Trag's through.

Really wish they gave us double bounty mats again. Absolutely hate running them for so little gain.an spend. Ore time chasing Rift Keys and Grifting to higher levels.
    Challenge Rifts give a decent chunk of bounty mats. I did it last week for the first time and think I got 15 of each. That's basically 5 full clear t13 bounty runs for a 5 minute challenge rift. Pretty good investment imo. I don't remember offhand what uses the bounty mats besides extracting powers that you would need much more than that, but if nothing else it's a good head start.

On that note, I did get bitten by the Diablo Bug again recently. A RL friend started playing at the start of the season, and after hitting level 70 started texting me with updates on his grift level and such. Eventually I gave in and said I'd play if he boosted me (the main reason I usually won't start a season is because I hate the pre-70 experience. Or at the very least I have to be in the right mood for it).

So after 3 quick rifts 10 minutes later, I found myself with a fresh 70 Barbarian and went to work. Within the week I had completed the first 4 chapters of season journey and got most of my off pieces for a HotA build... and wow there has definitely been some power creep. Last time I played, maybe 4 seasons ago, I plateaud around Grift 75, and this was after a month or two of grinding, half ancient items, good itemization, maxed gems, and a Gift in my weapon.

This season? As soon as I completed my set I started pushing grifts to see how far I could go. I was still rocking Imperial Gems, had not found a gift for my weapon (on that note, 650 paragon levels later, still not a single gift), a single ancient item to my name, and most of the gear still poorly itemized and/or not enchanted. Despite all of this I flew easily through Grift 85, and with just upgrading the gems and enchants, pushed onwards to grift 90.

Now I'm taking a step back from pushing and trying to optimize my regular rift grind. The problem is HotA barb is really strong, but sooo slow. Like my t13 rifts are around 5 minutes each. There is almost no move speed boosting, so only mobility is Charge, which is nice but not enough on its own. I tried doing group t13 rifts and had to quit because I just couldn't keep up with the groups, felt like I was mooching loot despite easily being able to clear solo.

So now I'm farming to do a IK/Raekor hybrid build that's tailored a bit more for speed farming. Just need 1-2 more offset pieces for it to be suitable for t13 survivability, that will hopefully help my gearing up a ton.
    If my text is blue, I'm being sarcastic.But you already knew that, right?

5. - Top - End - #365
    Titan in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by Seerow View Post
    So after 3 quick rifts 10 minutes later, I found myself with a fresh 70 Barbarian and went to work. Within the week I had completed the first 4 chapters of season journey and got most of my off pieces for a HotA build... and wow there has definitely been some power creep. Last time I played, maybe 4 seasons ago, I plateaud around Grift 75, and this was after a month or two of grinding, half ancient items, good itemization, maxed gems, and a Gift in my weapon.
    Yeah, they've been steadily buffing all the 'underperforming' sets to try and reduce the gap between the lowest and highest achievable progression. Which means they're trying to tune for like GR 90+, and as a side effect nearly any complete set can relatively easily clear the T13 benchmarks (some will need a few more supporting legendaries than others.)

Bounty mats are used for re-rolling legendaries; whether that's important to you or or not depends pretty strongly on how close to the edge you want to push your progression, since rerolling stuff to try to improve legendary affixes/get better properties/reroll to an Ancient or Primal is the main way of trying to squeeze just a little more out of your gear once you already have the items you want.

For speed, the classic approach is to swap a couple slots either worn or cubed to Goldwrap + Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder gem. Goldwrap gives you toughness on gold pickup, Avarice Band means you don't have to go out of your way to collect it (having a pet set also does this, but the Band increases your general pickup range so you also don't have to stop to grab health orbs or rift progression orbs), Boon of the Hoarder makes sure you have a never-ending fountain of gold to feed the on-pickup bonuses and the level 25 property gives the speed you're looking for. The main benefit here is you don't have to mess with your skill setup, so if you can afford to drop the toughness/damage increases from the switched gem/item/cube slots it doesn't need to change how you actually play.

For Barbarian in particular, I'm not sure what you have slotted skills-wise, but I usually have Battle Rage set with the movement-increasing rune. And.. let's see.. this season's set was Immortal Kings, right? That doesn't lock you in skills aside from wanting to try and spend Fury to reset the Wrath cooldown.. you could equip the Bul Katho's weapon set and either slot Sprint, use the Fury Generation to spam it, or just switch to Whirlwind as your farming skill and use the speed increase from that.

6. - Top - End - #366

I'm fine with the power creep honestly. First, it means more builds that can clear GR70 (as previously stated, my bar for "viable.") And second it means that I get to spend a greater portion of the season being able to farm ancients and primals, which means better chance of getting to try funky LoN builds.

Quote Originally Posted by Kadesh View Post
    I'll take Season of Grandeur over Season of Bounty any day. The former actually lets you try new builds, while the latter just gets you to the existing builds faster.

Besides which, Grandeur lets you farm the best mat (Breaths) more easily by enabling more builds that can combine Sage's with a set bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    Bounty mats are used for re-rolling legendaries; whether that's important to you or or not depends pretty strongly on how close to the edge you want to push your progression, since rerolling stuff to try to improve legendary affixes/get better properties/reroll to an Ancient or Primal is the main way of trying to squeeze just a little more out of your gear once you already have the items you want.
    Well it's not just for edge-pushing I'd say; rerolling also gives you a better shot at getting a specific ancient or primal. This is the key way to actually try a LoN build you have your sights set on.
    Last edited by Psyren; 2019-02-20 at 10:50 AM.
    But really, the important lesson here is this: Rather than making assumptions that don't fit with the text and then complaining about the text being wrong, why not just choose different assumptions that DO fit with the text?
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

7. - Top - End - #367
    Ettin in the Playground

Quote Originally Posted by tyckspoon View Post
    For speed, the classic approach is to swap a couple slots either worn or cubed to Goldwrap + Avarice Band + Boon of the Hoarder gem. Goldwrap gives you toughness on gold pickup, Avarice Band means you don't have to go out of your way to collect it (having a pet set also does this, but the Band increases your general pickup range so you also don't have to stop to grab health orbs or rift progression orbs), Boon of the Hoarder makes sure you have a never-ending fountain of gold to feed the on-pickup bonuses and the level 25 property gives the speed you're looking for. The main benefit here is you don't have to mess with your skill setup, so if you can afford to drop the toughness/damage increases from the switched gem/item/cube slots it doesn't need to change how you actually play.
    For speed runs, use the Wreath of Lightning legendary gem for its occasional speed burst if you can. You can use Avarice and Boon of the Hoarder, and replace Gold Wrap with Krelm's Buff Belt for a +25% speed boost after not taking damage for a few seconds. Gold Wrap tends to be overkill. I regularly achieve toughness ratings of ~250 billion when I combine it with Boon/Avarice.

I'm currently enjoying an Inna's Light Lightwave build. I'm much more durable than the Ulianna's Exploding Palm/7 Strike build (although I can't kill bosses in two clicks anymore). An army of 10 mystic allies is pretty fun!
    Last edited by Lord Torath; 2019-02-20 at 11:25 AM.
    Warhammer 40,000 Campaign Skirmish Game: Warpstrike
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

8. - Top - End - #368
    Troll in the Playground

So I haven't played in quite a while. I stopped a little after Ancient Legendaries were introduced.

Wondering what I need to know about starting now. Should I start a new char (my old one was a Wizard with Tal Rasha's set)? Whats the benefit of doing seasons or not? Any good resources to see whats changed now or what I should aim for?

9. - Top - End - #369
    Banned

Planetar

Always do a Season Character IMHO, as you get a free class item set, taking you to T6-7 in a matter of hours and a boost specific to the season (currently, constant Ring of Royal Grandeur effect), and at the end of the season, all your inventory is mailed to you to anyway.

The game hasn't changed massively, aside from some some general number boosts. Necromancer class Inclusion aside (personally one of my favourite).

Biggest change maybe the Legacy Of Nightmares is now very powerful if you can stack a load of Ancient non-set Legendary items. And very, very fun.
    Last edited by Kadesh; 2019-03-03 at 06:25 PM.

10. - Top - End - #370
    Ettin in the Playground

Just completed the Season. Leveled 3 gems past 65 for my first conquest. Finally mastered the Sunwuko set dungeon. Using an Inna's Wave of Light build I killed 367 monsters at the Cursed Peat chest solo in a Public Bounty game (no one else wanted to help), and then in a Public Rift game, asked if they thought we could do the next one in 2 minutes. Boom. Done. I'm currently under 700 paragons.
    My Spelljammer stuff (including an orbit tracker), 2E AD&D spreadsheet, and Vault of the Drow maps are available in my Dropbox. Feel free to use or not use it as you see fit!
    Thri-Kreen Ranger/Psionicist by me, based off of Rich's A Monster for Every Season

11. - Top - End - #371

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Torath View Post
    Using an Inna's Wave of Light build I killed 367 monsters at the Cursed Peat chest solo in a Public Bounty game (no one else wanted to help)
    Not that it mattered given your power, but you might want to do a private game for that next time - the monsters are scaled up in a public game due to the other players, so you were handicapping yourself for no real benefit.
    Plague Doctor by Crimmy

12. - Top - End - #372
    Ettin in the Playground

Yeah. But finding it is rare enough that I didn't want to give up the opportunity once it arrived. I'd only found it two other times since I hit Torment X: the first time I killed 325, the second time (with my daughter's help) we killed 347.

Has anyone completed the Curses! conquest using the Temple of the Firstborn cursed chest?